PDA

View Full Version : Attendance Guesstimate & a Compliment

CaBisonFan
03-11-2009, 10:05 PM
Could anyone take a guess on the NDSU attendance last night in SF?

Also...could you guess how many people didn't make it down there because of the weather? Take a wild guess. How many people would have been there last night if the weather had been better??

I'd like to compliment the people who were there. On TV you guys were amazing. I've turned up the volume really loud and replayed it today, and sometimes the Bison crowd sounds HUGE. It sounded like a big DI crowd on their home floor.

Funny thing about the replay of the game. We win every time. It's be-oo-ti-ful.

:D

Gully
03-11-2009, 10:42 PM
I really have no idea but it was a pretty nice crowd. The lower level was pretty full with a few folks scattered up top.

I sure had a great time there. It was fun meeting several of the bisonville folks. Closed down the bar 3 out of 4 nights, my liver light came on at about 2:30 Sunday afternoon. Saw Road enjoying the on court celebration after the final shot and had to deal with Burgandy hugging everyone (that was kind of uncomfortable, j/k). Finally met Slick and found myself in a cab with Lakes of all people. Good times, as much as I like to pick on Lakes he was pretty damn funny all week out there.

NDSUFan_Sav
03-11-2009, 10:43 PM

Also...could you guess how many people didn't make it down there because of the weather? Take a wild guess. How many people would have been there last night if the weather had been better??

I'd like to compliment the people who were there. On TV you guys were amazing. I've turned up the volume really loud and replayed it today, and sometimes the Bison crowd sounds HUGE. It sounded like a big DI crowd on their home floor.

I was there :) I would say 1300-1750??? maybe i'm way off but when we all were standing towards the end it was a lot of green/yellow and i feel another 1000-1500 would of been down there if the weather would of been better

NDSUFan_Sav
03-11-2009, 10:46 PM
I really have no idea but it was a pretty nice crowd. The lower level was pretty full with a few folks scattered up top.

I sure had a great time there. It was fun meeting several of the bisonville folks. Closed down the bar 3 out of 4 nights, my liver light came on at about 2:30 Sunday afternoon. Saw Road enjoying the on court celebration after the final shot and had to deal with Burgandy hugging everyone (that was kind of uncomfortable, j/k). Finally met Slick and found myself in a cab with Lakes of all people. Good times, as much as I like to pick on Lakes he was pretty damn funny all week out there.

agreed...i think we might of exchanged words but not to sure :)

it was a blast!!!!!

ndsubison1
03-11-2009, 10:47 PM
ESPN says 3,804...

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=290692449

TheBisonator
03-11-2009, 10:49 PM
ESPN says 3,804...

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=290692449

From what I saw on TV, probably at least 3,000 of the crowd was Bison fans.

*Bisonrube
03-11-2009, 10:55 PM
I have to give credit to the SDSU fans that cheered for us. The Jacks fans I talked to were really pulling for an all Dakota Summit sweep.

heckler
03-11-2009, 11:06 PM
I have to give credit to the SDSU fans that cheered for us. The Jacks fans I talked to were really pulling for an all Dakota Summit sweep.

Yes please thank all two of them for me.

NDSUFan_Sav
03-11-2009, 11:06 PM
it was nice to meet you rube (pretty sure we did)

maybe there were 2500-3000 bison fans, who knows but it was a hell of a time

*Bisonrube
03-11-2009, 11:10 PM
it was nice to meet you rube (pretty sure we did)

maybe there were 2500-3000 bison fans, who knows but it was a hell of a time

Yes, we met. It was pretty cool/funny, I walked into BWW and asked "who is Lakes?"... and all of a sudden there was 8?? Bisonville "rubes" like myself I met.

TheBisonator
03-11-2009, 11:15 PM
Out of the 3,804, there was no way there was more than a couple hundred Oakland fans and a few hundred SDSU fans, and the crowd sounded very partisan towards the Bison. Though those Oakland cheerleaders must have really strong vocal chords, cause I kept hearing their "GO OU" chants throughout the game.

CaBisonFan
03-12-2009, 12:24 AM
Out of the 3,804, there was no way there was more than a couple hundred Oakland fans and a few hundred SDSU fans, and the crowd sounded very partisan towards the Bison. Though those Oakland cheerleaders must have really strong vocal chords, cause I kept hearing their "GO OU" chants throughout the game.

The cheerleaders were right by the basket, and it was heavily miked. Real loud rim sounds. But they had a big crew of cheerleaders, didn't they?

Regardless...the Bison crowd sounded really, really loud. Great JOB !!! It gave me goose bumps.

80ALUM
03-12-2009, 03:33 AM
From what I saw on TV, probably at least 3,000 of the crowd was Bison fans.

3000 NDSU fans of the 3804 sounds about right to me. Our tickets were in the upper balcony but Lynn Dorn requested we all move down to the seating above the Bison bench. Crowd was amazing, team was amazing, whole weekend was fun!!! :)

80ALUM
03-12-2009, 03:36 AM
The cheerleaders were right by the basket, and it was heavily miked. Real loud rim sounds. But they had a big crew of cheerleaders, didn't they?

Regardless...the Bison crowd sounded really, really loud. Great JOB !!! It gave me goose bumps.

They had a ton of cheerleaders and dancers. They plus their band were good. Probably best in the tournament. Gotta hand it to them they traveled along way and made alot of noise for such a small group.

CaBisonFan
03-12-2009, 03:37 AM
3000 NDSU fans of the 3804 sounds about right to me. Our tickets were in the upper balcony but Lynn Dorn requested we all move down to the seating above the Bison bench. Crowd was amazing, team was amazing, whole weekend was fun!!! :)

I'll never forget the sound of Woodside's bucket at the end. It was a real solid 'doink' sound that hit that back of the rim. He absolutely nailed it. Beautiful.

It sounded like a lot of Bison fans were losing their voices and going nuts. It was beautiful to watch. Extremely DI caliber stuff. Big-time display for the country to see. They didn't show a lot of empty seats by scanning the arena. That was smart.

BisBison
03-12-2009, 03:59 AM
They didn't show a lot of empty seats by scanning the arena. That was smart.

Not like the Big Sky championship tonight. Empty seats everywhere.

HerdBot
03-12-2009, 04:11 AM

Phenomenal turnout! I'm watching the Big Sky tourneyon ESPN right now and the arena looks like a morgue. What a crap atmosphere. We brought somewhere between 2,500-3,000 loud and crazy mofo's and we had to deal with closed highways and one of the worst blizzards in 10 years!

If we can get a crowd like that during a blizzard - what can we do at the Metrodome?

MontanaBisonFan
03-12-2009, 04:23 AM
Phenomenal turnout! I'm watching the Big Sky tourneyon ESPN right now and the arena looks like a morgue.

If Weber State was playing it would be alive.
Maybe it's better to have a neutral court to get a crowd.

Go Bison. Go Bobcats.