HerdBot
03-11-2009, 03:38 PM
The question is...

"What changes would you make to the NCAA tournament?"

A) Expand the field
B) Fewer Auto Bids
C) Eliminate Auto Bids
D) Don't change it

You can find it at the bottom of the ESPN main page.

I voted "Don't Change It" for obvious reasons.

rutlandbison
03-11-2009, 03:44 PM
The question is...

"What changes would you make to the NCAA tournament?"

A) Expand the field
B) Fewer Auto Bids
C) Eliminate Auto Bids
D) Don't change it

You can find it at the bottom of the ESPN main page.

I voted "Don't Change It" for obvious reasons.
They just showed it on ESPN and 66% say dont change it. But the Texas Longhorns HC is B****in about how they need to change it. His team didnt care of business. If they would have im sure they would be in right now.

fargocyclone
03-11-2009, 04:48 PM
Don't change it!! (Except maybe get rid of that play-in game...)

AKBison
03-11-2009, 05:13 PM
Add the three more play in games with the caveat that league champs can't be in a play in game and thus will always be a 15 seed or lower.

IndyBison
03-11-2009, 06:14 PM
The push from coaches to increase the field is schools are putting more and more pressure on their coaches to make the tournament and a coach's future can depend on whether or not the committee selects them. This doesn't just apply to the middle of the major conferences but also the one-bid conferences. Adding more teams would only lessen the importance of making the tournament so I don't buy the argument but that is the thinking. You are still going to be the 68th team in the country regardless of whether or not the tourney cuts off at 64/65.

BisonAccountant44
03-11-2009, 06:47 PM
Add the three more play in games with the caveat that league champs can't be in a play in game and thus will always be a 15 seed or lower.

This would be the only change I would be ok with. Anything else and you either ruin the tournament by making it mean nothing to get it, or you ruin it by making it impossible to get into.

MNLonghorn10
03-11-2009, 08:39 PM
They just showed it on ESPN and 66% say dont change it. But the Texas Longhorns HC is B****in about how they need to change it. His team didnt care of business. If they would have im sure they would be in right now.

The Longhorns are a lock to be in it.

ndsubison1
03-11-2009, 09:38 PM
Don't change it, just make sure the best teams play in it...