PDA

View Full Version : Michael Tveidt

Mr_Meanor
03-11-2009, 01:58 PM
Where would this team be without him? He was definately the MVP of the weekend in my mind. Without him there would be no dancing. I look forward to having this kid around a few moew years. He is one hell of a player.

Bisonguy
03-11-2009, 02:01 PM
Great weekend for Tveidt.

That has to be awesome for him- winning a berth to the Big Dance in your home state. :nod:

TheDoctor
03-11-2009, 02:09 PM
Where would this team be without him? He was definately the MVP of the weekend in my mind. Without him there would be no dancing. I look forward to having this kid around a few moew years. He is one hell of a player.

That 3 at the end was crucial! He also kept us in it in the 1st half with his 3's! He was laying flat on his back at midcourt in the middle of the dance with the fear of god in his eyes. I cleared some room for him and got him back to his feet so he could dance! Great work Tveidter! ;)

roadwarrior
03-12-2009, 12:47 AM
I thought he should have been on the all tournament team.

bisongirl
03-12-2009, 12:51 AM

Definitely!

NDSUFan_Sav
03-12-2009, 12:51 AM

agreed, maybe not mvp being he was in foul trouble the last few games, he did have a hell of a tourney though

ndsubison1
03-12-2009, 12:55 AM
tveidt saved the day for us with winks and woody a little off their game...

RunDMc34
03-12-2009, 12:58 AM
Yes Tviedt totally saved the day.
Possibly not feeling the pressure the seniors were?

unbison
03-12-2009, 12:03 PM
Tveidt.....is the man! He was mvp of championship game hands down!

BisBison
03-12-2009, 12:55 PM
Yes Tviedt totally saved the day.
Possibly not feeling the pressure the seniors were?

Those were my thoughts exactly. Our seniors felt the weight of the world on their shoulders the first 10 or 15 minutes I think.

NDSUstudent
03-14-2009, 07:42 PM
Great article about Tveidt from the Forum...

Tveidt often overlooked: NDSU men's basketball sophomore came up big in Sioux Falls

It was a perfect homecoming for Michael Tveidt.

Playing in front of relatives from his home state of South Dakota and playing in an arena that he has always liked, Tveidt was the unsung hero last Tuesday night when North Dakota State’s men’s basketball team claimed a Summit League tournament championship and a berth into the NCAA tournament.

“He might have been the best player on the court that night,” NDSU head coach Saul Phillips said, referring to Tveidt’s 21-point performance during the Bison’s incredible 66-64 win over Oakland University.

While Bison point guard Ben Woodside garnered the attention on ESPN highlights with his last-second, game-winning shot, it was Tveidt who kept the Bison in the game when Oakland was focusing on stopping Woodside and Brett Winkelman. And it was the 6-foot-7 sophomore from Pierre, S.D., who drained a 3-pointer with 1 minute, 27 seconds remaining to give the Bison their first lead of the game since a 2-0 start.

“It was a perfect situation in about every way,” Tveidt said of the tournament that was played in the Sioux Falls Arena.

Especially playing in front of mom and dad, both sets of grandparents and two sets of aunts and uncles from nearby Brandon, his older brother and his sister from Helena, Mont., who showed up for the championship game with her 3-week-old daughter.

The relatives were among the Bison fans who mobbed the court once the final buzzer sounded.

“That was a picture perfect scenario all the way around,” Tveidt said.

Tveidt played in the Sioux Falls Arena once before, but not with the results he experienced Tuesday night. As a high school junior, his team placed fifth in the Class AA state tournament in the arena where just two years earlier he was playing in the school pep band during a state tournament.

“Nothing really had changed … everything kind of looked the same,” Tveidt said of the Sioux Falls Arena.

But Tveidt has certainly changed since Phillips first spotted him playing in an AAU tournament in Omaha. Phillips, an assistant coach then, saw Tveidt play for 10 minutes before calling head coach Tim Miles saying “we need this kid.” (For more click on the link)

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/234047/

heckler
03-14-2009, 07:59 PM
was he recruited by the bunnies?

rutlandbison
03-14-2009, 08:01 PM
I believe so, I also heard he had an offer from MAC school Ball State???

heckler
03-14-2009, 08:03 PM
Good article by the way!

NDSUstudent
03-14-2009, 08:10 PM

This is from a pretty knowledgable poster on SDSU's board...

The recruitment of Tveidt was similar to that of Denver TenBroek except that Tveidt had bigger offers come his way in mid to late July. *At least 20 schools contacted and at least 15 offers came his way. *He made a decision to narrow his list down in September to 4 schools which were as follows:

NDSU
UNC Wilmington
Richmond
UW Milwaukee

http://www.sdsufans.com/board/showpost.php?p=7603&postcount=117

CaBisonFan
03-14-2009, 08:47 PM
This is from a pretty knowledgable poster on SDSU's board...http://www.sdsufans.com/board/showpost.php?p=7603&postcount=117

I would agree with everything said here. He's my MVP in the Oakland game. When the house was about ready to burn, he kept the fire under control. We easily could have been down by 20 or 25 near the half without him.

With Tveidt and Flowers, we have a nice core of 4/5 players coming back. Not sure about our guard situation. Tveidt will be a leader. Flowers has a really big up-side (potential) IMO. He needs time to adjust to the speed of the game. When he gets that down, he'll be the big body force that we really haven't had.

That new guard recruit that was written about could be big. Can't remember the name.

unbison
03-14-2009, 08:54 PM
CA i believe that tveidt will play the 3 next year alson believe that flowers would excel at 4 so maybe susengueth and that big redshirt can shore up the five.... flowers is undersized and to athletic to put down low let him move around!!

filbert
03-14-2009, 08:59 PM
I believe it was between him and Cordova for the last remaining schollie that year.

Would have loved to have him, but SDSU was (and is) deep (relatively, anyway) at swingmen and pretty devoid of post-up players, so the scholly went to Cordova.

I'm not sure I'd trade . . . both Cordova and Tvedt have star potential, but Cordova has a bit more of what SDSU needs right now, beef and toughness down low.

But there's no doubt the Bison got a steal in Tvedt . . .

CaBisonFan
03-14-2009, 09:03 PM
CA i believe that tveidt will play the 3 next year alson believe that flowers would excel at 4 so maybe susengueth and that big redshirt can shore up the five.... flowers is undersized and to athletic to put down low let him move around!!

Thanks for that. Who's the big redshirt? Name, size, potential, etc? Is he the transfer from another DI program?

Flowers looked uncomfortable posting it up. I'd agree...but I haven't really seen him play enough to know how well he moves around. He played at Mt. San Jacinto College in San Jacinto, CA. I live in Hemet. The two towns are sister cities...like FM. I heard that he played there two years. He's listed as a freshman at NDSU...or maybe I saw it on the broadcast. Is that accurate?

So who's going to be the 1 & 2?

A1pigskin
03-14-2009, 09:48 PM
Michael gave 130% and came up with some key scores and rebounds. I'm glad he will be here for two more years.

unbison
03-14-2009, 10:42 PM
Here is my guess at starting line up for next year

1-Lundberg
2-Coleman
3-tveidt
4-Flowers or Carlson
5- Susengueth or Nagel

PS> Bunnies can have Cordova...... I would keep Tveidt over him everyday of the week and twice on tuesday

THEsocalledfan
03-14-2009, 10:52 PM
By the way, I was at the big game, and I was very impressed with how Flowers payed in that game. He was very tough inside in the first half defensively, and had a big role in keeping NDSU in the game. I just wanted to publically thank him for the solid game off the bench.

unbison
03-15-2009, 01:12 AM
I couldnt agree more there big man was getting frustrated with flowers superior strength.... I am guessing we cant second guess flowers toughness with his father being a professional boxer.... he was pushing that bean pole around and talk much trash..... rattling the opponent!