PDA

View Full Version : Well done, Bison!

tmh8286
03-11-2009, 03:20 AM
Congratulations from an ORU fan on a spectacular come-from-behind win. You guys truly played like champions. Your defense was spectacular in the second half, and all I can say about Woodside is the guy has ice water flowing through his veins!! He's truly an exceptional player.

Good luck in the tournament, and enjoy the ride!

Civil06
03-11-2009, 03:22 AM
Congratulations from an ORU fan on a spectacular come-from-behind win. You guys truly played like champions. Your defense was spectacular in the second half, and all I can say about Woodside is the guy has ice water flowing through his veins!! He's truly an exceptional player.

Good luck in the tournament, and enjoy the ride!

Thanks! Does ORU get the NIT birth now?

Bison"FANatic"
03-11-2009, 03:23 AM
Thanks tmh, We will represent the conference well

tmh8286
03-11-2009, 12:05 PM
Thanks! Does ORU get the NIT birth now?

Unfortunately, no.

That's why we wanted to win the game with you guys in Tulsa so bad. At this point, from a post-season play perspective, we're on the outside looking in!

WYOBISONMAN
03-11-2009, 12:36 PM
Unfortunately, no.

That's why we wanted to win the game with you guys in Tulsa so bad. At this point, from a post-season play perspective, we're on the outside looking in!

So there is no Summit team in the NIT?!?!? Not fair!

IzzyFlexion
03-11-2009, 12:39 PM
So there is no Summit team in the NIT?!?!? Not fair!

If Creighton gets an at large NCAA bid, and no Summit team gets an invite to the NIT, I'm going to explode!!

tmh8286
03-11-2009, 12:56 PM
If Creighton gets an at large NCAA bid, and no Summit team gets an invite to the NIT, I'm going to explode!!

Someone on our board said that the Bracket Project is projecting ORU as a possible CBI/College Insider tournament team (although I wasn't able to find it on that blog, or I'd give you a link), which had a mixed reaction with our posters. We mocked the University of Tulsa for playing in the CBI last year, and they won it!! It would be pretty ironic if we ended up playing in it this year ourselves. You always need to be careful of your words - you never know when they may come back to bite you!

[Found it - http://bracketproject.50webs.com/nit.html