PDA

View Full Version : Moses Heppner signs

Hammersmith
03-07-2009, 07:04 PM
Stealing from another source:

Minnesota state cross country champion Moses Heppner of Warroad has signed a letter of intent to run at North Dakota State University.

The senior will receive a full scholarship at NDSU, and plans to compete in both cross country and track.

Heppner won the Class A state cross country championship last fall, becoming the first runner in the Warroad program to claim a state cross country title. He's a six-time state qualifier and a three-time state placer in cross country, having finished fourth at state as a sophomore and 11th as a freshman.

Heppner also was runner-up in the 800 at the Minnesota Class A state track meet last spring.

Castor Troy
03-07-2009, 07:48 PM
Stealing from another source:

Minnesota state cross country champion Moses Heppner of Warroad has signed a letter of intent to run at North Dakota State University.

The senior will receive a full scholarship at NDSU, and plans to compete in both cross country and track.

Heppner won the Class A state cross country championship last fall, becoming the first runner in the Warroad program to claim a state cross country title. He's a six-time state qualifier and a three-time state placer in cross country, having finished fourth at state as a sophomore and 11th as a freshman.

Heppner also was runner-up in the 800 at the Minnesota Class A state track meet last spring.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/109681/group/home/

This is a great pick-up, but offering a full is not characteristic of Lars. Some of the Bison greats had to win Natonal Championships before they earned a full ride for track and cross-country. I am skeptical that a full was actually offered.

sambini
03-08-2009, 05:06 AM
Welcome Moses+++

Nike9
03-21-2009, 09:37 PM
Im sure Moses got a good offer as he deserves one, however I agree that it is EXTREMELY unlikely he was offered a full ride, espically when there is another recruit from piere SD who will be joining the team next year who as run just as fast, if not faster than Moses, so I would assume their scholarships will be very equal. Track doesn't have that many full scholarships to hand out to freshmen. Im sure Moses will recieve a full Pell Grant as he is one of around 17 kids in his family. That could be where the full ride rumors are stemming from