PDA

View Full Version : UND grad Mike Unhjem feeling some heat at BCBS

NDSU1980
03-06-2009, 07:12 PM
Looks like Mike Unhjem is getting called on the carpet for trips at company expense. UND grad of course.
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/233138/

NorthernBison
03-10-2009, 04:41 PM
The Forum is reporting that the board decided that somebody else should serve as the CEO. The trip might have been the final straw. He was with the company 23 years and his public statement didn't sound bitter.

tjbison
03-10-2009, 04:42 PM
The Forum is reporting that the board decided that somebody else should serve as the CEO. The trip might have been the final straw. He was with the company 23 years and his public statement didn't sound bitter.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/233633/

sambini
03-10-2009, 04:45 PM
KFGO reported today he got the axe.

bisonmike2
03-10-2009, 04:49 PM
His public statement:

"I have been privileged to have worked for the best company in North Dakota for nearly 23 years, and to have worked with some of the best people on the face of the earth. Working together, we accomplished many great things, and I am proud of our collective successes and the positive impact we have had on the healthcare system in North Dakota. I wish the company and my former co-workers nothing but the best as the future unfolds."

What he's really saying:

"I've worked for this company for 23 years and you know what? I'm ri-aych bi-yatch! Do you think I care I just got canned? Hell no. Baby, I got a golden parachute so large it'll block out the sun for 1/2 of America. We're talkin' an extinction level event. So while you suckers go to work everyday hoping that today isn't the day you get canned, I'll be in my speedo sunning myself on a beach somewhere wondering what exotic locale I should go to next, using my travel vouchers provided by BCBS of course! Peace! I'm outta here!"

Bison bison
03-10-2009, 07:19 PM
The Average Joe has no idea how business works or the specifics of this case.

I've got a lot of respect for the members of the Board, but I question their abilities with respect to corporate governance.

TransAmBison
03-10-2009, 07:46 PM
The Average Joe has no idea how business works or the specifics of this case.

I've got a lot of respect for the members of the Board, but I question their abilities with respect to corporate governance.
Uh, okay...

NorthernBison
03-12-2009, 10:44 PM
Severance package of $2.2 million paid out in a lump sum. No foodstamps for him.

Bison bison
03-13-2009, 01:04 AM
and there you go.

lcbison
03-13-2009, 03:36 AM
anyone that knows anything knows this topic should be in smack....

Mike Unhjem is a Internet pissing war waiting to happen.......And im not talking about his job performance

bisonmike2
03-13-2009, 07:45 PM
I guess I was right. I'm actually a little surprised. 23 years of service $2.2 million severance. Granted all 23 years weren't at the CEO position but the dude put in his time. $2.2 mill is nothing to sneeze at but I was expecting it to be larger.

NODAK1979
03-18-2009, 05:38 PM
I worked at BCBS for a short time right before I moved to Nashville. Never met the guy, either...just heard of him. I'd be interested to know all the details though.

Rockbear99
03-19-2009, 12:05 AM
I guess I was right. I'm actually a little surprised. 23 years of service $2.2 million severance. Granted all 23 years weren't at the CEO position but the dude put in his time. $2.2 mill is nothing to sneeze at but I was expecting it to be larger.

I have worked at the same job for 13 years now. You what I get if I get canned. Not a flippin thing. What a POS in my book. I lose a weeks pay to pay for healthcare and this guy corksucker wont have to work another day in his life. He can go screw himself.

bisonwest
03-20-2009, 11:07 PM
I have worked at the same job for 13 years now. You what I get if I get canned. Not a flippin thing. What a POS in my book. I lose a weeks pay to pay for healthcare and this guy corksucker wont have to work another day in his life. He can go screw himself.

I'll second that.

When I was 15 I worked at the restaurant in the Holiday Inn where BCBS held many functions and Mike Unhjem was a regular. He was also a major a**. Probably the most arrogant person I've ever met.

SUBISON247
03-21-2009, 01:51 AM
ah the severance package it is what is wrong with business in this country. Why in the hell should you get a big payday for not doing your job right. It almost inspires a lack of performance. North Dakota is a right to work state, why not treat it as such in this situation. As far as the board 30,000 for 18 meeting days a year. What a crock most North Dakotans have to work a whole year for this plus pay out of pocket for insurance and such.

bisonmike2
03-26-2009, 04:04 PM

Part of the perks when you are in that type of position. I'm not saying it's right but he was the figurehead for that business for many years. It's no different than the compensation package Dr. Champman will get when he leaves NDSU. It's built into his contract that each year he is the pres of NDSU he gets x amount of dollars put into a retirement/severence package. Champman is the CEO of NDSU. The packages I hate is if a dude comes in, runs the company into the ground then still gets a multi-million dollar parachute after a short time. That's b.s. But if you come in as a CEO, do your job and make the company profitable, they should be compensated for the job well done.