PDA

View Full Version : Tourney radio coverage

Ferd
03-04-2009, 02:50 PM
I know WDAY will be broadcasting the Bison games but will there be any Sioux Falls stations that will broadcast the games?

In other words, if I bring my "ears" to SF will I be able to use them?

Yo
03-04-2009, 10:12 PM
I would suggest WNAX out of Yankton. I think it is 570 on the AM dial. They have a very strong signal. Forgot to add that I think is the station that carries the Jacks games.

JackJD
03-05-2009, 03:50 AM
WNAX is SDSU's station. As noted by Yo, it is based in Yankton, SD and is 570 on the AM dial. It's a very old station (note the "W" ...stations west of the Mississippi River start with "K" except for the very old ones) with a powerful signal reaching most of five states. WNAX is easily picked up in Fargo.

The SDSU women are covered by KJJQ, 910 on the AM, a Brookings station, and WNAX will pick up the feed for the women's games.

I do not know if WNAX will cover more than the SDSU games.

WePharm
03-05-2009, 02:08 PM
Do any of these stations have internet feed?

Ferd
03-05-2009, 02:25 PM
WNAX is SDSU's station. As noted by Yo, it is based in Yankton, SD and is 570 on the AM dial. It's a very old station (note the "W" ...stations west of the Mississippi River start with "K" except for the very old ones) with a powerful signal reaching most of five states. WNAX is easily picked up in Fargo.

The SDSU women are covered by KJJQ, 910 on the AM, a Brookings station, and WNAX will pick up the feed for the women's games.

I do not know if WNAX will cover more than the SDSU games.

Thanks.

Will I be able to get WDAY in SF?

roadwarrior
03-05-2009, 02:33 PM
Will I be able to get WDAY in SF?

NO.........

Ferd
03-05-2009, 03:15 PM
NO.........

Rats! Rats! Rats! :(

JackJD
03-06-2009, 03:03 AM
I can receive WDAY in Watertown and that seems to be about the southern limit of its range. It is not great reception...depends on the radio or the vehicle I'm in.