PDA

View Full Version : Future Minnesota games

OnTheFifty
03-04-2009, 12:35 PM
Little blurb from Charley Walter's column in the Pioneer press:

"The Gophers plan to do long-term Williams Arena schedule deals with North Dakota State and South Dakota State."

Bisontug
03-04-2009, 02:08 PM
Little blurb from Charley Walter's column in the Pioneer press:

"The Gophers plan to do long-term Williams Arena schedule deals with North Dakota State and South Dakota State."

That is great (since i live in the metro area). Any chance we get ONE game with the U at our place (perhaps with new BB arena) ??

ILBISON
03-04-2009, 03:48 PM
I would say no chance.

Bisontug
03-04-2009, 04:27 PM
I would say no chance.

We got K-state here in '06, so i wouldn't say impossible... but the $$$$ would have to flow the other way on that one....

ILBISON
03-04-2009, 04:50 PM
So your saying there is a chance?

WYOBISONMAN
03-04-2009, 05:05 PM
It would sure surprise me to see it......

Bisontug
03-04-2009, 05:14 PM

I was wondering how long that response would take. I don't know what kind of money we get, if any, to go there or if it works like football, but if we have a long term agreement in place now, could we waive a year of that money, etc to get them to come up here ??

lakesbison
03-04-2009, 05:20 PM
FARGODOME MINN VS NDSU.

20,000 fans. split profit with minnesota..

it would be loud as hell in there..

imagjne the price for courtside seats!! $50-60!

Bisontug
03-04-2009, 05:42 PM
FARGODOME MINN VS NDSU.

I knew Lakes would come around with the solution... Dome isn't that bad for BB. If you remember the CBA Fever, it wasn't that bad to watch.... Get going on this Lakes... :nod:

On a side note, would Bison bombs keep you warm tailgating for a December night game ???

Kermit
03-04-2009, 08:43 PM

Best chance would be a once iin a liftetime deal for the grand opening of a new arena. I'm not holding my breath. :D

Kermit
03-04-2009, 08:48 PM
FARGODOME MINN VS NDSU.

I know I'm in the minority, but...I've long thought that the FargoDome would be a reasonable short-term solution for Bison basketball. While not ideal, IMHO the FargoDome has it all over the BSA from the standpoint of the fans. Seats with backs, better sight lines, rest rooms, concession stands, temperature control, parking, etc. The best argument against using the FargoDome is that once people saw that it was reasonable, the chances of funding a new arena would diminish.

ILBISON
03-04-2009, 09:00 PM
I agree lets use the dome!

NDSUFan_Sav
03-04-2009, 09:05 PM
I agree lets use the dome!

if we use the dome do you think gophers would come here and play???

ILBISON
03-04-2009, 09:06 PM
no but it beats the BSA(bullsnotarena)

ndsubison1
03-04-2009, 09:30 PM
the problem with the dome would be seating... it wouldnt be the best atmosphere and the configuration isnt the best...

ILBISON
03-04-2009, 10:04 PM
correct ming it is not the best........ but what is the BSA

Bryan
03-04-2009, 10:57 PM
No chance of a game in fargo, especially with the economy, no big schools will give up non conference home games

MontBison
03-04-2009, 11:03 PM
I know I'm in the minority, but...I've long thought that the FargoDome would be a reasonable short-term solution for Bison basketball. While not ideal, IMHO the FargoDome has it all over the BSA from the standpoint of the fans. Seats with backs, better sight lines, rest rooms, concession stands, temperature control, parking, etc. The best argument against using the FargoDome is that once people saw that it was reasonable, the chances of funding a new arena would diminish.

Are you kiding me watching a bball game in the dome is hell. Yea the fever were cool and so was the hospitality area at half time. Unless you sold it out I would think that it would be miserable. But hey those guys to the North pulled something like this off a few years back, and if we were able to sell it out well then we would hold the attendence record for the most people at a bball game in nd.:D

Kermit
03-05-2009, 12:30 AM
Are you kiding me watching a bball game in the dome is hell.
Not kidding, I totally disagree with you--but I realize most Bisonville folk are in agreement with you.

Gully
03-05-2009, 02:10 AM
I don't see how the FFD could be any worse than the BSA. I don't know that I've ever attended a BB game there but I did attend a boxing match and I assume the seating would be similar (minus all the chairs around the ring).

RunDMc34
03-05-2009, 05:22 AM
have you watched bball in the Fargodome, wow it is complete garbage you are miles away from the court and that curtain they hang eats up all the noise. No Atmosphere at all.

ndsubison1
03-05-2009, 05:25 AM
have you watched bball in the Fargodome, wow it is complete garbage you are miles away from the court and that curtain they hang eats up all the noise. No Atmosphere at all.

yeah plus the seating is weird

NDSUstudent
03-05-2009, 05:42 AM
The Dome is better than the BSA but that doesn't take much.

ILBISON
03-05-2009, 11:41 AM
I wonder how many people are afraid if the bison played basketball in the dome. That the basketball team would be the best team to grace the fargodome floor?

THERE IS THE REAL REASON

BisBison
03-05-2009, 12:22 PM
I don't see how the FFD could be any worse than the BSA. I don't know that I've ever attended a BB game there but I did attend a boxing match and I assume the seating would be similar (minus all the chairs around the ring).

It's NOT worse than the BSA, I've attended many high school tourny games at the FFD and it's not that bad. When they pull the south grandstands next to the floor on the north side of the building you get very good sightlines IMHO. The end zones aren't great, but that's where they put the standing student sections, they don't seem to mind.

Bisontug
03-05-2009, 01:52 PM
It really doesn't matter if it's a great place to watch BB or not...we are simply looking for a place to play at best, one game, against a mid-range Big Ten team at home where we could get tons of peeps to come and watch (and offset costs)... that's all... :nod:

Civil06
03-05-2009, 01:56 PM
The FFD is ok for basketball, but it has to be a full house.

I have good memories of the State B when there was a carnival going on south of the bleachers and Mayville was dominating.

Ferd
03-05-2009, 02:38 PM
The FFD is ok for basketball, but it has to be a full house.

I have good memories of the State B when there was a carnival going on south of the bleachers and Mayville was dominating.

I wouldn't mind the dome IF:

1. The basketball floor is fairly close to the north stands,

2. The attendance is 3000+, and

3. Scheduling would work.

We had that Christmas tourney there one year and it wasn't too bad, except that the floor was too far to the south. Oh, and I had to sit next to a couple from up north. At least we didn't play them at that tourney.

missingnumber7
03-05-2009, 07:05 PM
If they want teams like the gophers or even a possibility for the summit tourney they need an center arena setup instead of a north or south end. Need courtside seats something it just don't seem like hoops

Kermit
03-05-2009, 07:20 PM
If they want teams like the gophers or even a possibility for the summit tourney they need an center arena setup instead of a north or south end. Need courtside seats something it just don't seem like hoops

The FargoDome does have courtside seating for basketball--and its not that bad. See below. Go to the championship game of the upcoming State Class A and let us know what you think. From some of the comments here, I suspect that some posters have either not seen a BB game at the FargoDome, or have only seen one of the abominations at the high school tournaments where they have two courts set up..

North end zone is on the left side of this image. A curtain is placed behind the south (yellow) seats.

http://www.indux.com/map/667_Fargodome_Basketball_tn.jpg

roadwarrior
03-05-2009, 07:23 PM
Having a single "big name" game at the Fargodome defeats the purpose of playing at home. Both teams would be unfamiliar with the arena. It would be like playing on a neutral court, except of course for the fans attending.

ILBISON
03-05-2009, 08:28 PM
Why not play all the games at the dome?

NDSUstudent
03-05-2009, 09:09 PM
I'll say this about dome and that it can seat 4500+ comfortably which is something the BSA just can't do.

ILBISON
03-05-2009, 09:18 PM
BSA cant seat 3 comfortably....oops i will take that back
I would say it seats about 100 comfortably.
Who u ask?
I would say media row, nice chairs
Players and coaches nice chairs(saul wouldnt know)
Official scorers and announcers

NDSUstudent
03-05-2009, 09:24 PM
BSA cant seat 3 comfortably....oops i will take that back
I would say it seats about 100 comfortably.
Who u ask?
I would say media row, nice chairs
Players and coaches nice chairs(saul wouldnt know)
Official scorers and announcers

I probably should have said adequately(that may even be a stretch), comfort is definitely hard to find in the BSA but once you get into that 4500+ range you have some people watching through polls and rafters, waiting in long lines for below average concessions, and everyone is jammed into that one little area as they enter the game.

I think if NDSU would have played in the dome a few games would have been in the 7-8k range this year, the BSA is definitely a crowd depresser.

missingnumber7
03-05-2009, 09:56 PM
The FargoDome does have courtside seating for basketball--and its not that bad. See below. Go to the championship game of the upcoming State Class A and let us know what you think. From some of the comments here, I suspect that some posters have either not seen a BB game at the FargoDome, or have only seen one of the abominations at the high school tournaments where they have two courts set up..

North end zone is on the left side of this image. A curtain is placed behind the south (yellow) seats.

I've been to several games at the dome, including helping with Class A tourney's in the past. I was also at the Scheels day this past year. They need to make room around the court for riser seats something that could be done if the court was in the center of the dome like a center concert setup. It would work and would have a significant number of seats. But we keep running into the same issue...the dome isn't a place that anyone wants to go for basketball...in fact its a place that people are forced to go for football. The atmosphere is horrid.

ndsubison1
03-05-2009, 11:58 PM

I've seen plenty of games at dome, went to the state tournament for years when i was little. The atmosphere is terrible unless you have a big crowd there...