(4)IUPUI vs. (5)IPFW; noon
(3)North Dakota State vs. (6)Western Illinois; 2:30pm

Monday, March 9th
SDSU/ORU vs. IUPUI/IPFW; noon
Oak/UMKC vs. NDSU/WIU; 2:30pm

Tuesday, March 10th
Championship Game; 3pm(ESPNU)

Ya know...

IF ORU should beat SDSU (they almost did last night) our chances don't look all that bad.

I'm just sayin'.....:)

Hammersmith
03-03-2009, 07:46 PM
I have to say I'm hoping for NDSU/SDSU for both championship games. That would mean ten of the fourteen games would have a Dakota school. It would also mean the best total attendance possible. I think that would give us a good case for getting the tourney in the Fargodome for 2011 & 2012.

roadwarrior
03-03-2009, 08:11 PM
Hasn't it already been made public that the Fargodome is booked in 2011 and 2012 on the dates the tournament would have to be held?

Hammersmith
03-03-2009, 08:45 PM
Hasn't it already been made public that the Fargodome is booked in 2011 and 2012 on the dates the tournament would have to be held?

I thought that was for 2009 & 2010 and the reason Fargo didn't bid against Sioux Falls and Tulsa this last go-around. Is it also true for 2011 & 2012? It would have to be the RRV Sportsmen's Show, right? I guess I assumed that the FD would work with the Sportsmen's Show and the Home and Garden Show to keep the Summit tournament dates open down the road. I knew it was too late to change things for 2009-10, but I guess I thought the dates would be more flexible three and four years later.

imabison
03-03-2009, 10:48 PM
Or wishful thinking, that the New Arena would be built and open just in time to host the tourney, as it got finished after the NDSU BB season and NDSU played in the BSA. What a grand opening it would be??

That would be a stretch wouldn't it. But...

JACKGUYII
03-04-2009, 12:14 AM
The new arena in Fargo would not be eligible to host the tournament if it's the home court for the Bison.

Hammersmith
03-04-2009, 12:53 AM
The new arena in Fargo would not be eligible to host the tournament if it's the home court for the Bison.

What he said. The tournament would have to be held on the main floor per Summit rules. However, the sheer number of practice courts available within a few hundred yards would have to be a plus. You could put two courts in the unused portion of the main floor(behind the moveable south stands), two more could go in the BSA, and one or two more could go in the new arena(if it were built). If even more courts were needed, the BBF could be used, the wellness center could be an option, and even Fargo North is a short distance away. Heck, almost every team in the Summit could have its own practice court within 10 minutes of the Fargodome. Air travel couldn't be easier, ground travel is not much worse, all the participating teams could be housed within a quarter mile of the FD, and there are a decent array of food choices within walking distance(depending on the weather). The only things missing are enough hotels within walking distance for the fans(and shuttles would take care of that) and enough places for drinks. BWW and the resturant/bar next to A&W would not be enough(assuming it's still there - that location has been a dead zone).

Of course, that entire paragraph is worthless is the weekend is already booked. Damn that successful Fargodome.

roadwarrior
03-04-2009, 01:59 AM
The only things missing are enough hotels and enough places for drinks. BWW and the resturant/bar next to A&W would not be enough.

Well Applebees is now open next to BWW and sorry to say but the A&W is now a Bremer Bank. But Labby's next door still serves your favorite drinks!

imabison
03-04-2009, 02:15 AM
But you missed what I said, if it opened for the Tournament, after the Bison completed their season. Then the 2nd year would have to be in the Fargodome.

That would mean it would not have been their home court.

I know its impossible, just some wishful thinking!! :)

Hammersmith
03-04-2009, 03:59 AM
Well Applebees is now open next to BWW and sorry to say but the A&W is now a Bremer Bank. But Labby's next door still serves your favorite drinks!

Wow. Okay, so apparently I haven't been paying attention the few times I've been driving 19th. Of course, I'm also the guy that just realized a four-story hotel has gone up on one of my regular commutes and I never noticed. Seriously, the building was weather-tight and the outer skin was going on before I noticed it. My truck heard me exclaim, "Where the hell did that building come from!"

roper1313
03-05-2009, 02:22 PM
I would guess the Dome could move the Sportsmen's show from this weekend to the next as long as it's not scheduled to have the class A combined hoops tournament that week.

From working with the dome trying to schedule an event in early Feb. they are very busy, but have some flexibility when a high revenue event come a callin. Let's hope for it.

Hammersmith
03-05-2009, 04:12 PM
I guess bids are being accepted for the 2011/2012 tourneys, but I have no idea what the deadline is or if Fargo is submitting one.

missingnumber7
03-05-2009, 07:11 PM
I would guess the Dome could move the Sportsmen's show from this weekend to the next as long as it's not scheduled to have the class A combined hoops tournament that week.

From working with the dome trying to schedule an event in early Feb. they are very busy, but have some flexibility when a high revenue event come a callin. Let's hope for it.

Class A hoops is playing at the Civic and the BSA...and look for that to continue.

roadwarrior
03-05-2009, 07:18 PM
Fargodome is hosting the boys and girls class A state tournaments.

http://fargodome.com/events.php