PDA

View Full Version : Summit League Championship Game NOT in HD

aces1180
03-02-2009, 08:53 PM
According to the ESPN Web site, the Summit League championship game scheduled for Tuesday, March 10 at 6 pm WILL NOT be broadcast in HD.

Yes, it will still be shown on ESPNHD, but will have the black bars along the side of the screen. It seems as though the network will not have the HD cameras in Sioux Falls.

I'm a bit disappointed by this, as I would love to see the Bison in HD, but would rather be in SF in person. But the bright side is that the broadcast will actually look better on the standard definition version of ESPN2.

You can see the schedule to confirm this by going to http://sports.espn.go.com/espntv/espnGuide/, choosing ESPN2HD and then scrolling to Tuesday, March 10.

SDbison
03-02-2009, 10:58 PM
According to the ESPN Web site, the Summit League championship game scheduled for Tuesday, March 10 at 6 pm WILL NOT be broadcast in HD.

Yes, it will still be shown on ESPNHD, but will have the black bars along the side of the screen. It seems as though the network will not have the HD cameras in Sioux Falls.

I'm a bit disappointed by this, as I would love to see the Bison in HD, but would rather be in SF in person. But the bright side is that the broadcast will actually look better on the standard definition version of ESPN2.

You can the schedule to confirm this by going to http://sports.espn.go.com/espntv/espnGuide/, choosing ESPN2HD and then scrolling to Tuesday, March 10.
Very disappointing......cheap ass ESPN showing no respect..

onbison09
03-03-2009, 01:10 AM
Very disappointing......cheap ass ESPN showing no respect..
:banghead: :banghead: What did you expect? They're not going to send HD cameras to Sioux Falls.

BisonCountry
03-03-2009, 01:37 AM
Maybe someone here knows, but I thought I've heard before some stadiums/arenas don't have the equipment/infastructure to handle HD broadcasts. So that might be the issue.

jackbusiness09
03-03-2009, 06:39 AM
Maybe someone here knows, but I thought I've heard before some stadiums/arenas don't have the equipment/infastructure to handle HD broadcasts. So that might be the issue.

I'm pretty sure the lighting isn't bright enough in the SxFs Arena, since HD requires a lot more light to look good. My guess would be that all of the BB arenas in the Summit don't have enough lighting installed for HD broadcasts.

Maybe SxFs can work on that for next year...hopefully...

badger04
03-03-2009, 12:36 PM
There are only so many HD remote trucks and it cost more money to produce a HD broadcast. I just glad it is on TV.