PDA

View Full Version : 3 in a row over ORU.... 4th??

lakesbison
03-01-2009, 10:06 PM
Lots of ways to talk about how great that game was last night.

last 2 blowouts in fargo had me thinking it was going to be tough down in tulsa, boy, what a way to dominate in the end.

I didn't know STEVE WALKER played basketball too??

Great comeback, can we beat these guys 4 in a row?? you BET!!

here's a parting shot from the ORU board"

ORUJason
Golden Eagle
CONGRATS TO NDSU
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Next year when NDSU has lost their senior leadership and are more of a middle of the pack team, I wouldn't mind running the score up on them a little bit if we get in a position to do so.

BULLETIN BOARD!!!

tjbison
03-01-2009, 10:26 PM

last 2 blowouts in fargo had me thinking it was going to be tough down in tulsa, boy, what a way to dominate in the end.

ORUJason
Golden Eagle
CONGRATS TO NDSU
Next year when NDSU has lost their senior leadership and are more of a middle of the pack team, I wouldn't mind running the score up on them a little bit if we get in a position to do so.

BULLETIN BOARD!!!

The ORU fans a little pissed???:D

Tatanka
03-02-2009, 01:32 AM

ORUJason
Golden Eagle
CONGRATS TO NDSU

BULLETIN BOARD!!!

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x172/hotwaxx88/wambulance.jpg

ILBISON
03-02-2009, 01:36 AM
at least the oru fan gives us more respect than the bunny fans do
does anybody know if they have kneelers at the mabee?
and if so how many people stayed late and prayed for a miracle in sioux falls?

lakesbison
03-02-2009, 02:21 AM
Cant wait to wipe the court with them again in s.flls.... i hope to see the 'ALMIGHTY' ... MORAL ORAL!!!!

X-Factor
03-02-2009, 03:02 AM

ORUJason
Golden Eagle
CONGRATS TO NDSU

BULLETIN BOARD!!!

um hello. newsflash. ORU has a few graduating this year as well. Albiet not as many as NDSU, but the two that gave us problem last night (Lewis and Jarvis) = gone. They will probably be ahead of us in the preseason polls, but we should still be playing close to their level and there wont be any of this "running up of the score".

ILBISON
03-02-2009, 01:19 PM
Not sure lakes; but if i was Ben Woodside I believe it would be offending to see your signature line.
when it said" didnt know walker played basketball"

lakesbison
03-02-2009, 01:21 PM
thats what I laugh at.

"ORU is gonna run up the score on us next year!"

thats like SDSU saying they will take it out on us next year.. ha ha ha..

mebisonII
03-02-2009, 01:25 PM
um hello. newsflash. ORU has a few graduating this year as well. Albiet not as many as NDSU, but the two that gave us problem last night (Lewis and Jarvis) = gone. They will probably be ahead of us in the preseason polls, but we should still be playing close to their level and there wont be any of this "running up of the score".

Many more years of split series and 3-points-or-less games ahead it sounds like! :)

bisonpride
03-02-2009, 01:26 PM
If they can win in Tulsa at the end of the season, they can definitely win a 4th time on a neutral court.

lakesbison
03-02-2009, 07:02 PM
ORU ISNT HAPPY CUZ WE ASKED TO CUT DOWN THE NETS!! HA HA HA.

The NDSU "gym rats" aren't athletic but are very intelligent and that can win ball games. Odd fact: they asked permission to cut down the Mabee Center nets after the game but were denied. Can you imagine Scott Sutton cutting down the nets at Centenary after clinching the regular season title? Me neither! Act like you've been there even if you haven't.

Report to moderator Logged

tmh8286
« Reply #11 on: Today at 12:34:52 PM » Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: Chevy Chase on Today at 11:16:41 AM
The NDSU "gym rats" aren't athletic but are very intelligent and that can win ball games. Odd fact: they asked permission to cut down the Mabee Center nets after the game but were denied. Can you imagine Scott Sutton cutting down the nets at Centenary after clinching the regular season title? Me neither! Act like you've been there even if you haven't.

That borders on being insulting!! You cut down the nets at a neutral site after winning a tournament or something - not on the home court of your opponents.

I guess they figured they were winning the conference championship outright, in what amounted to the championship game, but it's still not the same - SURELY they recognized that!! What a strange request!!

Report to moderator Logged

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Power conference teams are powered by money, but we are fueled by love: the players play and the coaches coach, but a full house of fans reminds them whose flag they're fighting for." - Kyle Whelliston

ORUTex
Golden Eagle

Re: CONGRATS TO NDSU
« Reply #12 on: Today at 12:37:43 PM » Quote

I wish we had let them cut down the nets, and Scott had made our guys sit there and watch!

ILBISON
03-02-2009, 08:18 PM
Well I am guessing we would have chased them to the bus if they would have asked the same. So let them be mad. I would be furious if roles were reversed.

56BISON73
03-02-2009, 08:20 PM
Who ever asked ORU if they could cut the nets down should have known better. The real question is-----did that really happen?????

Hammersmith
03-03-2009, 01:22 AM
Is it really that big of a deal? The only reason I can think of why we would've wanted to cut down the net is because it's the first MBB championship(of any kind) of the DI era. As such, the net would've had historical significance for the university. I really don't see the big deal about asking. If the SDSU men end up clinching their first championship on our court, I would have no problem with them cutting down the net. Have the home court coach talk to the players before the game to warn them what might happen and why, and announce to the crowd what is happening and why as the nets are cut down. Achievements like this(first evers) should be celebrated by all the conference-mates, not attacked. Now, I can agree with ORU's decision in this case because it was also their senior night. But I surely wouldn't be offended by the asking, were the situations reversed.

roadwarrior
03-03-2009, 01:25 AM
Speaking of ORU's senior night, probably 90% of the crowd had left their seats by the time they got going with it. Each player was presented with a framed uniform and each one had a taped message to the fans which was played on their big screens.

56BISON73
03-03-2009, 01:41 AM
Is it really that big of a deal? The only reason I can think of why we would've wanted to cut down the net is because it's the first MBB championship(of any kind) of the DI era. As such, the net would've had historical significance for the university. I really don't see the big deal about asking. If the SDSU men end up clinching their first championship on our court, I would have no problem with them cutting down the net. Have the home court coach talk to the players before the game to warn them what might happen and why, and announce to the crowd what is happening and why as the nets are cut down. Achievements like this(first evers) should be celebrated by all the conference-mates, not attacked. Now, I can agree with ORU's decision in this case because it was also their senior night. But I surely wouldn't be offended by the asking, were the situations reversed.

I understand and it no big deal to me. But then again some institutions are pretty touchy about stuff like this.
As I said---asked before is this story true?????

tjbison
03-03-2009, 02:14 AM

Of course we would charge them 10,000 to replace it!!:D

Hammersmith
03-03-2009, 02:21 AM
Of course we would charge them 10,000 to replace it!!:D

Well, that would only be fair. :nod:

BisonBlogger
03-03-2009, 04:25 AM
Define athletic. Does athletic mean when you try to yank Woodsides head off when he blows by or when you have to lower your shoulder every time before you make your move or get your shot. I'm confused.

I watched a replay of this game again tonight and I bet NDSU had at least 30 blow bys in this game. Who has the athletic team?

IzzyFlexion
03-03-2009, 03:19 PM
Well I am guessing we would have chased them to the bus if they would have asked the same. So let them be mad. I would be furious if roles were reversed.

Absolutely. I don't think cutting down the nets in your opponents house is a good idea.

Bison bison
03-03-2009, 03:25 PM
Cutting down the net is a sign of respect, not disrespect.

Nothing wrong if it is done with the humility it deserves.

Kermit
03-03-2009, 03:34 PM
Define athletic.

My definition:
http://dehoff.smugmug.com/photos/244745046_L9nXu-M.jpg

Thanks to Bisonguy for the pic.

17>1
03-03-2009, 03:39 PM
I agree. I don't think cutting down the nets is meant to show the other team up. It's just one of those unique traditions in college basketball. Our first year of elgibility in Division 1 basketball and we win the conference, and we're supposed to act like we've been there before, seriously ? Screw it, leave the nets there, we'll just take their co-champ banner off their hands for 'em.

NDSUFan_Sav
03-03-2009, 03:39 PM
My definition:
http://dehoff.smugmug.com/photos/244745046_L9nXu-M.jpg

Thanks to Bisonguy for the pic.

holy hell....that form is damn good, no wonder why he shoots well normally

NDSUFan_Sav
03-03-2009, 03:41 PM
I agree. I don't think cutting down the nets is meant to show the other team up. It's just one of those unique traditions in college basketball. Our first year of elgibility in Division 1 basketball and we win the conference, and we're supposed to act like we've been there before, seriously ? Screw it, leave the nets there, we'll just take their co-champ banner off their hands for 'em.

DAMN STRAIGHT WE DID

17>1
03-03-2009, 03:48 PM
I get a kick out of the noise our program is making in it's first year of D1 athletics. Alot of teams and their fans are taking note of this school up in ND and I don't think they're liking us to much. Getting a really good start on the development of some solid rivalries. UNI, SIU and SDSU in football, and ORU in basketball. Although, I don't think any of these will ever get to the status of hatred like there is in another certain rivalry.