PDA

View Full Version : Zaruba out next two games

medman
02-28-2009, 06:01 PM
Big loss for this weekends games. Jill didnt make the trip because of a medical condition. i dont know the extent of it but i know it happened in practice. hopefully everything is okay. it will be interesting how we play this weekend with six true players.

imabison
02-28-2009, 06:28 PM
Big loss for this weekends games. Jill didnt make the trip because of a medical condition. i dont know the extent of it but i know it happened in practice. hopefully everything is okay. it will be interesting how we play this weekend with six true players.
This is a big loss.

Get better for the tournament Jill.

Go bison!!!

medman
03-05-2009, 04:45 PM
Once again Zaruba is out for the tourney. Hopefully we can play well without her. It seemed like we struggled last weekend without her against a terrible Centenary. We need Inger and Katie to step up big if we want to even win the first game. Hopefully we can get it done

Hammersmith
03-05-2009, 05:00 PM
Oh expletive deleted. This squad just can't catch a break. Any word on how severe Jill's abdominal bruising is? I thought I read/heard that the doctors kept her in Fargo because they were worried about internal bleeding.

roadwarrior
03-05-2009, 06:47 PM
What Hammer said!

missingnumber7
03-05-2009, 07:10 PM
Oh expletive deleted. This squad just can't catch a break. Any word on how severe Jill's abdominal bruising is? I thought I read/heard that the doctors kept her in Fargo because they were worried about internal bleeding.

I think this season shows the ability of this squad to over come adversity and still end season #3. I also think Coach DeHoff is doing an awesome job with the tools that she has. With a good showing his weekend, I think we are building towards next year. Just win one.

Elephants Dream?
03-06-2009, 12:20 AM
Here's my 2 cents on the situation.
The girls are tired from playing shorthanded for so long.
They have excelled -- to reach #3 in the league is great work.
They are covered in sweat and are pooped after the games.
Having 6+ for the tourney will be Incredibly tough.
Winning the first will take a lot out of them, legs especially.
Their legs will be a Big factor in the second game, and I fear may
be their downfall due to short numbers/fouls/etc.
2 games in 2 days, or maybe 3 games in 3 days, will take a toll
on them. There is only so much gas left in the tank.
They have had an exceptional year considering low numbers, a
new coaching staff, injuries, and all the rest of the problems.
They get my praise no matter what happens in Sioux Falls.
Great Year Ladies! You were/are lots of fun to watch, cheer for,
and visit with after games.

roadwarrior
03-06-2009, 02:14 AM
Yes, it is not going to be easy for them, but I'll be there cheering them on as long as they continue! They exceeded most people's expectations at the beginning of the season. Next year will be fun to watch all the injured players return along with the addition of five freshmen.

DORMIE
03-06-2009, 02:30 AM
Have to agree with Elephants Dream. I have never been more proud of a coaching staff or a group of young people than the Bisom Women's Team this year. Played their hearts out every game and would not curmble to the odds they were up against. Congratulations to Carolyn, your staff and the effort of the young ladies this year. I can't wait for next year.

99Bison
03-06-2009, 02:15 PM

Contusion on a kidney is what was said yesterday. Litterly on 10 days of bed rest.

imabison
03-06-2009, 10:35 PM
Contusion on a kidney is what was said yesterday. Litterly on 10 days of bed rest.
Thus this does fit the NDSU Women very well, and other teams also.

Subject: THOUGHT FOR THE DAY

"Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken."

-Unknown

Hammersmith
03-07-2009, 02:32 AM
Thus this does fit the NDSU Women very well, and other teams also.

Subject: THOUGHT FOR THE DAY

"Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken."

-Unknown

The quote is from Frank Herbert's Dune. From the way this team has played, they may have absorbed another well-known Dune quote:

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear... And when it is gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear is gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

imabison
03-07-2009, 06:16 PM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/233371/group/home/

I think people knew or assumed this, but Zaruba to miss the Summit League tourney.

sambini
03-09-2009, 01:59 AM
Get well Jill ++++

Elephants Dream?
03-12-2009, 03:46 PM
Jill had wanted to go see the team on Wednesday before they
left for S. Falls. I understand the doctors said no, she could not
be upright for that amount of time. Sounds like she is flat on
her back for at least ten days. I was told (from a good source)
that she will be fine, given some time to heal. No lasting damage.

imabison
03-12-2009, 10:22 PM
Jill had wanted to go see the team on Wednesday before they
left for S. Falls. I understand the doctors said no, she could not
be upright for that amount of time. Sounds like she is flat on
her back for at least ten days. I was told (from a good source)
that she will be fine, given some time to heal. No lasting damage.
That is good news. Thanks