PDA

View Full Version : ND State Hockey

tjbison
02-28-2009, 04:27 PM
Did I hear it right that the West region has only won 2 State titles in boys hockey in 49 years??? and also only has had 2 teams in the title game and has not had one in since 1992?? until this year? Minot was the last to win or am I wrong

coldspot
02-28-2009, 05:08 PM
i was pulling for a state championship without a grand forks team in it. that wouldve been more reason to have it somewhere else next year (like the upc).

99Bison
02-28-2009, 07:04 PM
How hockey teams are there even in the west region?

tjbison
02-28-2009, 07:07 PM
9 in the East and 9 in the west!!

fargocyclone
02-28-2009, 08:22 PM
The West always has and always will suck at hockey... not to make anyone mad, but that's just the way it is.

coldspot
02-28-2009, 08:41 PM
The West always has and always will suck at hockey... not to make anyone mad, but that's just the way it is.

they always have, but i think the interest in it has started to grow in that half of the state and some of the teams have shown they can compete with the east teams. if the west does start to get better, i think it could be a good thing for hockey in the state.

im curious to see how empty, or full, the rea is tonight for the boys championship game. i personally think they shouldnt be playing it there every year. its an 11,000 seat arena that they get 3-5,000 for one high school game. why not play it at the upc where that 3-5k fills the place up.

4mcruenomore
02-28-2009, 10:26 PM

You are right, but those are fighting words for my college classmate that was on a Minot championship team, lol. 1992

sambini
02-28-2009, 10:29 PM
Good luck Demons+++

fargocyclone
02-28-2009, 10:35 PM
You are right, but those are fighting words for my college classmate that was on a Minot championship team, lol. 1992

What I mean though, is that top to bottom the East will be better than the West. That doesn't mean that the West will never have a team that competes and maybe even wins at state. It's like saying that Butler has a chance to make a run at the NCAAs in basketball, but the Horizon is not on par with the high-major conferences.

4mcruenomore
02-28-2009, 10:42 PM
Why is it that lower level teams always have the highest level of hockey? Is this just a hockey thing? DII having DI hockey, class B having class A hockey? I know Grafton used to waiver on Class A basketball back a few years ago, aren't they class B now? I mean if U of Mary had hockey, they'd be DI, etc...

MinotBison
03-01-2009, 02:06 AM

Minot did win the championship that year, and has not won a first round game in the tournament since. Some of the teams in the West, including Minot, are beginning to have some numbers problems within their programs.

4mcruenomore
03-01-2009, 02:25 AM
Minot did win the championship that year, and has not won a first round game in the tournament since. Some of the teams in the West, including Minot, are beginning to have some numbers problems within their programs.

Still can never take the win away from my friend, it will always be there no matter what, and he is proud of it.