56BISON73
02-26-2009, 03:47 PM
So whos making the trip?????

TheDoctor
02-26-2009, 05:07 PM
#1. Road
#2. ummm...
#3. ummm...

I think Road may be the only one making the trip from the grea city of Fargo. ;)

NDSUFan_Sav
02-26-2009, 10:17 PM
#1. Road
#2. ummm...
#3. ummm...

I think Road may be the only one making the trip from the grea city of Fargo. ;)

maybe some parents?????????

SlickVic
02-27-2009, 04:26 AM
#1. Road
#2. ummm...
#3. ummm...

the crew cabs coming...getcha popcorn ready PL. ;)

roadwarrior
02-27-2009, 04:44 AM
I know of two couples flying from Fargo to Tulsa on saturday.

I think more parents will be at the game too.

56BISON73
02-27-2009, 05:31 PM
the crew cabs coming...getcha popcorn ready PL. ;)

Dont think I will make it. Still getting product ready for the show in FT Worth . But will have it on TV.
Tulsa has some good eating spots. They have a Cheese Cake Factory if anyone is interested.

oruvoice
02-27-2009, 05:55 PM
Cheesecake Factory? Really?

Travel cross country to eat at a (mediocre) chain restaurant? Geez.

Perhaps you guys could also check out an Applebee's or Red Lobster while you're in Tulsa?:p

56BISON73
02-27-2009, 06:01 PM

Perhaps you guys could also check out an Applebee's or Red Lobster while you're in Tulsa?:p

We dont have Cheese Cake Factory around where I live so I do enjoy it when I can find one as I have yet to have a bad meal while eating there.
There is a supposedly great OLD steak house in Tulsa. Cant remember the name. Shows you how good that was. LOL It was ok. Over priced. IMO.

oruvoice
02-27-2009, 06:02 PM
Just an FYI....I'm yanking you guys chains today. No harm meant. Just fired up.

Congrats on a great season. Tomorrow will be FUN, either way!

Jamil's Streakhouse or Doe's Eat Place, for steak in Tulsa. Cheers!

NDSUFan_Sav
02-27-2009, 06:06 PM

we'll have fun with it no worries :)

should be a great game, have you guys had this type of competition or type of game in the past with the summit, with this much on the line?

56BISON73
02-27-2009, 06:10 PM

No problem. Thanks for the tip on the steak house. Im only 3 1/2 hours from Tulsa so I get over there at least 1-2 times a year for sport shows.

oruvoice
02-27-2009, 06:13 PM
we'll have fun with it no worries :)

should be a great game, have you guys had this type of competition or type of game in the past with the summit, with this much on the line?

All of our old games with Valpo created quite a BUZZ (and we NEVER lost to them at Mabee, even the year they went to the Sweet 16). But, none that had a conference title/NIT bid on the line.

The excitement level is VERY high. And, that is a credit to NDSU. Admittedly, I haven't seen your team in person since early last season in Tulsa.

NDSUFan_Sav
02-27-2009, 06:15 PM
All of our old games with Valpo created quite a BUZZ (and we NEVER lost to them at Mabee, even the year they went to the Sweet 16). But, none that had a conference title/NIT bid on the line.

The excitement level is VERY high. And, that is a credit to NDSU. Admittedly, I haven't seen your team in person since early last season in Tulsa.

our road games were the big question on a fan point of view imo on how we'd do this year.

oruvoice
02-27-2009, 06:19 PM
Truth is, if NDSU beats ORU on the road, in front of a near packed house (9,000), then you FULLY DESERVE the Crown.

It's been a LONG time since we've lost a conference home game.

ndsubison1
02-27-2009, 06:20 PM

tell that to Lakes with Buffalo Wild Wings... :confused:

SDbison
02-27-2009, 06:50 PM
Truth is, if NDSU beats ORU on the road, in front of a near packed house (9,000), then you FULLY DESERVE the Crown.

It's been a LONG time since we've lost a conference home game.
Then I guess you could say ORU is overdue for a home loss. NDSU would be more than happy to help you out with that!

NDSUFan_Sav
02-27-2009, 06:56 PM
tell that to Lakes with Buffalo Wild Wings... :confused:

Lakes is right about Wild Wings...its right by the Arena...so why not go there and drink prior to the game?

Also we don't have a cheesecake factory up here....

So whats the big deal to go there before to drink so its a short walk to the arena?

ndsubison1
02-27-2009, 06:57 PM
Lakes is right about Wild Wings...its right by the Arena...so why not go there and drink prior to the game?

Also we don't have a cheesecake factory up here....

So whats the big deal to go there before to drink so its a short walk to the arena?

i know im just sayin...

NDSUFan_Sav
02-27-2009, 07:10 PM
i know im just sayin...

foodwise i don't care where i go...but for drinking would be nice just to walk to the arena before and after.

wasn't trying to argue or anything. like having a lunch place or something aside from bww is cool with me.

tjbison
02-28-2009, 06:32 PM
Is this the GDT???? if so man i'm getting PUMPED!!!!!!!!:nod: :nod: 5hr 32min till tipoff!!!!!

TheDoctor
02-28-2009, 06:33 PM
i know im just sayin...

He's just saying.....LAKES....need he say more??? :rofl: ;)

Hambone
02-28-2009, 06:35 PM
Good luck Bison! Take home the regular season crown outright and the easier path through the confernece tourney!

IzzyFlexion
02-28-2009, 06:40 PM
Is this the GDT???? if so man i'm getting PUMPED!!!!!!!!:nod: :nod: 5hr 32min till tipoff!!!!!

Anybody want me to start an official game day thread?

?
?
waiting....
?
?
waiting....
http://lfm.mit.edu/blog/drewhill/files/nuclear-explosion.jpg

tjbison
02-28-2009, 06:44 PM
Anybody want me to start an official game day thread?

?
?
waiting....
?
?
waiting....
http://lfm.mit.edu/blog/drewhill/files/nuclear-explosion.jpg

UMMM

NO

I'm ok using this one!!!!!! not hating on ya just saying!;)

lakesbison
02-28-2009, 06:46 PM
Nooo

//////////////////

TheBisonator
02-28-2009, 06:57 PM
DON'T START IT, IZZY!!!!!

(please)

Bison"FANatic"
02-28-2009, 07:59 PM
Well what a fitting way for the regular season to come to an end. We are new in a league and the King of the league has something we want. It is only fitting that we go into his lair and play our hearts out and take it away. Respect is not given it is earned and now is the time for the Bison to go onto the Kings court and earn respect and take away the crown.

As the commercials say "THE TIME IS NOW" there are two things we wanted at the beginning of this quest. One we can win tonight on the court and that will help us with the other, and the other we can win in Sioux Falls.

Go getem Bison for tonight we win our first Division one Mens Basketball league crown and become the new Kings of the league for the next year.

Mr. Burgundy
02-28-2009, 08:07 PM
SDSU is playing Cent right now, so we should have a clearer picture of who we get in the first round today. Exciting times.

NDSUstudent
02-28-2009, 08:13 PM
SDSU is playing Cent right now, so we should have a clearer picture of who we get in the first round today. Exciting times.

SDSU and Centenary are tied at 30.

Bison bison
02-28-2009, 08:20 PM

i agree. almost can't help thinking that by the end of the day that we'll know the match-ups.

17>1
02-28-2009, 08:21 PM
Couldn't think of a more fitting spot to have my 100th post. Congrats Bison on an already amazing season. I'll admit, I haven't always been a real big fan of Bison basketball until we got the fab 4. But I'm totally on this bandwagon and boy it sure is fun. Whodathunkit ? Saying "NDSU" and "Big Dance" in the same sentence. I know, counting chickens before hatching, but to say there's a chance is awesome. Go Herd!!!!

Mr. Burgundy
02-28-2009, 08:29 PM
I agree. Even if you are SDSU and can't win on the road, and haven't won in a long time...you still have a shot. That it the beauty of this conference. Next year we won't be as good, but we will still have a weekend tourney to get to the big dance. I never thought that would be possible. Tonight will be fun. I can't decide if I want a SDSU game or not in Sioux Falls. They are pesky. What a great time of the year to be a fan.

Oral Rob BB
02-28-2009, 08:32 PM
Good luck Bison fans! May the best team win. Im predicting a close one, no blow outs here.

I think if your 3pt shooters hit their shots, you guys get the W

If we defend the perimeter well and our bigs are hitting their free throws, expect us to win.

sambini
02-28-2009, 10:28 PM
Lets Go Bison+++

80ALUM
02-28-2009, 11:46 PM
Got plenty of beer, pizza and green and gold M&Ms. Got my green and gold sweatshirt on. We are ready to roll. Can't wait for tip-off.

LET'S GO BISON!!!:)

TheBisonator
02-28-2009, 11:48 PM
Sitting at the IACC, and logged onto ESPN360.com. Can't wait!!!

Bison"FANatic"
03-01-2009, 02:56 AM
Well what a fitting way for the regular season to come to an end. We are new in a league and the King of the league has something we want. It is only fitting that we go into his lair and play our hearts out and take it away. Respect is not given it is earned and now is the time for the Bison to go onto the Kings court and earn respect and take away the crown.

As the commercials say "THE TIME IS NOW" there are two things we wanted at the beginning of this quest. One we can win tonight on the court and that will help us with the other, and the other we can win in Sioux Falls.

Go getem Bison for tonight we win our first Division one Mens Basketball league crown and become the new Kings of the league for the next year.

ONE GOAL DOWN ONE TO GO!!!!!!

roadwarrior
03-02-2009, 03:05 PM
I met six NDSU students getting their tickets for the ORU game in the lobby saturday night. They even brought the "JARVIS" chant with them! Thanks for making the long drive!

Thunder_Struck
03-02-2009, 04:19 PM
I met six NDSU students getting their tickets for the ORU game in the lobby saturday night. They even brought the "JARVIS" chant with them! Thanks for making the long drive!

You could actually hear the Jarvis chant on the TV broadcast!

ndsubison1
03-02-2009, 07:30 PM

i thought i heard his name chanted a few times...

cvbison1
03-02-2009, 07:45 PM
i heard it when he was shooting freee throws

56BISON73
03-02-2009, 07:48 PM
i heard it when he was shooting freee throws

What was the Chant????

fargocyclone
03-02-2009, 07:53 PM
JARVIS! JARVIS! JARVIS!!

Came over well on ESPN360! :nod:

roadwarrior
03-02-2009, 09:00 PM
Well it could have been that the ORU students adopted the JARVIS cheer for their own as why you could hear it on TV. Credit should be given to their student section for their creativity, not only chants but their attire!

fargocyclone
03-03-2009, 12:23 AM
JARVIS! JARVIS! JARVIS!!

Came over well on ESPN360! :nod:

Well it could have been that the ORU students adopted the JARVIS cheer for their own as why you could hear it on TV. Credit should be given to their student section for their creativity, not only chants but their attire!

This one was during free throws, so I'm guessing it wasn't their student section.

KC Bison
03-03-2009, 01:10 AM
I could see a little pocket of yellow shirts in the ocean of blue that were chanting "Jarvis, Jarvis". It seemed to really irriatate the ORU students which was fun to watch. That section was screaming as loud as they could when Woody was shooting free throws near the end of the game. I figured it wouldn't affect him and it didn't.