PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota State Hockey Girls Tourney

duluthbison
02-24-2009, 05:05 PM
Hey, does anybody out there know if any of the Fargo Stations will be broadcasting the Minnesota State High School Girls Hockey Tournament. It would be nice because my high school is in the tournament and I would like to watch it.

lakesbison
02-24-2009, 05:15 PM
used to be ch 9 only on moorhead cable.

which is STUPID!!!

but didnt ch 45 outta the cities take it over, and now NO ONE outstate can see it? for all state tourneys? maybe Im wrong..

aces1180
02-24-2009, 05:26 PM
used to be ch 9 only on moorhead cable.

which is STUPID!!!

but didnt ch 45 outta the cities take it over, and now NO ONE outstate can see it? for all state tourneys? maybe Im wrong..

KCPM is out of commision for while...

For those living in Hawley and beyond, ACS will be showing the KSTC feed for all tournament games throughout February and March, or until KCPM get's their signal working again.

duluthbison
02-24-2009, 05:39 PM
That blows...I would have thought that fargo stations would broadcast it because half of their broadcast area is in minnesota.

onbison09
02-25-2009, 12:12 AM
Try B2 networks. It's a PPV site. (but I know you probably don't want to pay)

Thunder_Struck
02-25-2009, 02:52 AM
Hey, does anybody out there know if any of the Fargo Stations will be broadcasting the Minnesota State High School Girls Hockey Tournament. It would be nice because my high school is in the tournament and I would like to watch it.

How much money do you think the state of Minnesota loses on High School Girls Hockey?

duluthbison
02-25-2009, 05:28 AM
How much money do you think the state of Minnesota loses on High School Girls Hockey?

The state doesn't loose any money on the whole deal. The Minnesota State High School League or MSHSL (which is a private organization who does not get any money from the state) collects revenues from ticket sales and the media deals for tv coverage. They have also been known to give hundreds of thousands of dollars back to school districts that sent teams to state to help defray the cost of heading to state. But if you are asking about the individual schools, then I can't tell you that but I can tell you that it won't be going away because in High School as in College, if you offer it for boys then it should be offered for girls (except football for some reason).

onbison09
02-26-2009, 12:38 AM
I think the MSHL makes it up on the Boys State tourney. Every game is pretty much sold out.

duluthbison
02-26-2009, 01:33 AM
I think the MSHL makes it up on the Boys State tourney. Every game is pretty much sold out.

Oh yeah...definitely the most popular tournament in the state. Easily sells out the Xcel Center each day. But im not picky if its girls or boys cuz well the girls from my old high school made it this year!