PDA

View Full Version : TJack arrested on Drug Charges

imabison
02-24-2009, 03:32 AM
According to Steve Hallstrom on WDAY Jackson was arrested on Feb 2 for a drug charge. Coach Bohl is aware of the arrest, and will issue a comment before long.

duluthbison
02-24-2009, 03:49 AM
Do you have a link? I don't doubt you but I went to WDAY's sport section and didn't see anything.

cvbison1
02-24-2009, 03:55 AM
well that sucks

56BISON73
02-24-2009, 04:00 AM
Cant believe that theyve been able to keep it a secret this long.

Kermit
02-24-2009, 04:08 AM
Hallstrom reported that it was a marijuana posession charge.

IronRanger
02-24-2009, 04:08 AM
Do you have a link? I don't doubt you but I went to WDAY's sport section and didn't see anything.

http://www.wday.com/av/index.cfm?filename=wdaytv10&type=wday

Here is the link to wday fast foward to about 27:37 in the broadcast is where the sports start.

duluthbison
02-24-2009, 04:39 AM
Sweet, thanks for the link...glad to see another ranger on the board :)

aces1180
02-24-2009, 01:15 PM
http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/?blog=43792

Here's a link to his blog.

BisManBison
02-24-2009, 03:03 PM
"Don't be that guy" - Coach Mike Tomlin

Audios Amigo

duluthbison
02-24-2009, 03:04 PM
Doesn't Bohl have a zero tolerance policy on the team? Would this get him kicked off or would he have to sit out part of the season?

lakesbison
02-24-2009, 03:25 PM
Time for the "SHAGGY" defense,,,,,,'it wasnt me'

or randy moss 'i dont know or control who has my car!'

or just kick him off team, today,

Bison"FANatic"
02-24-2009, 03:33 PM
I wouldn't kick the kid off the team but I would suspend him for enough game for him to stand up and take notice and for his teammates to take notice. 3 games and no spring game and well he should have a few interesting practices. This is assuming he is found guilty. It is a honor not a right to play for the Bison

GOB1SON
02-24-2009, 03:42 PM
Couple of things to keep in mind.

Even if he isn't found guilty, he obviously was around it, and that is a BAD decision, no matter how many times you have watched Pineapple Express (which I happened to watch last night).

Now before you give me the kids will be kids and drink and party, keep in mind that pot is illegal and pretty much socially unacceptable, unless he has glaucoma. Which might explain the lack of accuracy.

Represent yourself, your team, and your university to the highest possible standards, do what your coaches ask of you, and in return, you get your education paid for, along with all the other perks that go along with being a Bison athlete.

Bad, bad decision that should cost him his place on the team.

zooropa
02-24-2009, 03:46 PM
never mind. I'm an idiot.

zooropa
02-24-2009, 04:01 PM
I dunno..... I think any time you end up debating the relative seriousness of the various misdemeanors committed by your team you're kind of on thin ice anyway.

I guess this is how I see it: Any player on the field has to be trusted to make smart decisions more often than not. Yes, we all do stupid things from time to time--and that includes, for quarterbacks, the occasional pass that you want back immediately.

Therefore, with college athletics being a tiny and high pressure version of the real world, bad decisions in the real world raise a legitimate question about decision making capabilities on the field.

With SDSU MBB & Berte and Gilbert's sexual assault trial, my opinion was that any two players stupid enough to put themselves in a position where an assault charge could stick had no place on the team regardless of their actual guilt/innocence. Why? Because what they did was INCREDIBLY stupid even if it wasn't illegal.

Berte proved it by flaming out after he got back, and Gilbert got thrown off the K-State team after transferring there.

Seriously, does Bohl need more stupid players on his team? I don't think so. Yank his scholarship, send him to rehab, and let him get his degree on borrowed money from the government.

unbison
02-24-2009, 04:07 PM
my ooh my its just a little weed... do we know how much yet is it a misdemeanor or is it a felony.....holier than though crap..... he is just a football player do people get kicked out of school for same offense ... seems harsh we do not know who what where how or why yet

zooropa
02-24-2009, 04:18 PM
my ooh my its just a little weed... do we know how much yet is it a misdemeanor or is it a felony.....holier than though crap..... he is just a football player do people get kicked out of school for same offense ... seems harsh we do not know who what where how or why yet

He shouldn't be kicked out of school......

Should his education continue to be subsidized in exchange for play on the field?

No.

As I said, you do something stupid in the real world, it calls into question your ability to make good decisions on the field.

Suspend him and his scholarship for a year, send him to rehab, etc.

I should clarify----I'm not saying you shove the kid off a cliff---but you make dang sure he's making better decisions before you give him back a spot on the team.

JacksFan06
02-24-2009, 04:24 PM
People are naive if they don't think that a good chunk of athletes smoke pot. It's the same at every school and NDSU is no different. I'd almost be willing to bet that the number of players toking it up is equal to the number of players who get blasted with booze. And to be honest the latter is probably more dangerous.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out considering the lack of depth at the QB position. I still have an inkling that NDSU will be getting a transfer from somewhere or a late recruit.

Bison"FANatic"
02-24-2009, 04:30 PM
People are naive if they don't think that a good chunk of athletes smoke pot. It's the same at every school and NDSU is no different. I'd almost be willing to bet that the number of players toking it up is equal to the number of players who get blasted with booze. And to be honest the latter is probably more dangerous.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out considering the lack of depth at the QB position. I still have an inkling that NDSU will be getting a transfer from somewhere or a late recruit.

It does not matter how many do it. He got caught doing something that is against the law and consequences will follow. The program needs to hold itself to very high standards the public up here will demand it.

zooropa
02-24-2009, 04:32 PM
People are naive if they don't think that a good chunk of athletes smoke pot.
Aside from the lack of supporting evidence, here's my beef with that line of reasoning:

Even if it is granted that pot is used far more widely than one would suspect, given arrests and citations, the question becomes, "how stupid are the kids that get caught?"

I mean, if one assumes widespread use, the question becomes, why are these players getting caught? Because they're stupid? Because they're using much more often than other players (increasing the risk of getting caught)?

Like those guys at Penn State-----know what the basis was for the police call? Loud music. Duh. Let's do something illegal and THEN do something to draw attention to ourselves... Don't have to be a Rhodes scholar to see the stupidity there. And I think that kind of stupidity off the field translates into stupidity on the field---you know, the personal foul 15 yard penalty automatic first down kind.

SDbison
02-24-2009, 04:35 PM
I dunno..... I think any time you end up debating the relative seriousness of the various misdemeanors committed by your team you're kind of on thin ice anyway.

I guess this is how I see it: Any player on the field has to be trusted to make smart decisions more often than not. Yes, we all do stupid things from time to time--and that includes, for quarterbacks, the occasional pass that you want back immediately.

Therefore, with college athletics being a tiny and high pressure version of the real world, bad decisions in the real world raise a legitimate question about decision making capabilities on the field.

With SDSU MBB & Berte and Gilbert's sexual assault trial, my opinion was that any two players stupid enough to put themselves in a position where an assault charge could stick had no place on the team regardless of their actual guilt/innocence. Why? Because what they did was INCREDIBLY stupid even if it wasn't illegal.

Berte proved it by flaming out after he got back, and Gilbert got thrown off the K-State team after transferring there.

Seriously, does Bohl need more stupid players on his team? I don't think so. Yank his scholarship, send him to rehab, and let him get his degree on borrowed money from the government.
Good post zooropa. I agree with you 100%. As it is Jackson is on thin ice since he had difficulty as a Junior learning the playbook. Maybe that has something to do with his marijuana habit? I also have a problem with a QB, who is usually the leader of the team, getting in trouble with the law......even more so than other positions unless they are team captains. Yes, any team member should be disciplined for this type of problem. Too bad Jackson didn't focus more on being the best he could be as NDSU is in dire need for someone to step up at QB.

SDbison
02-24-2009, 04:38 PM
Aside from the lack of supporting evidence, here's my beef with that line of reasoning:

Even if it is granted that pot is used far more widely than one would suspect, given arrests and citations, the question becomes, "how stupid are the kids that get caught?"

I mean, if one assumes widespread use, the question becomes, why are these players getting caught? Because they're stupid? Because they're using much more often than other players (increasing the risk of getting caught)?

Like those guys at Penn State-----know what the basis was for the police call? Loud music. Duh. Let's do something illegal and THEN do something to draw attention to ourselves... Don't have to be a Rhodes scholar to see the stupidity there. And I think that kind of stupidity off the field translates into stupidity on the field---you know, the personal foul 15 yard penalty automatic first down kind.
Again couldn't agree with you more zooropa. Wow, I have agreed with a SDSU poster twice in one day. This is wierd.

NDSUstudent
02-24-2009, 04:39 PM
If it isn't a felony give him a 3 game suspension and no spring game. As for depth, unless we have a string of injuries he wasn't going to see the field anyway.

unbison
02-24-2009, 04:43 PM
we know so little yet we cast big stones

zooropa
02-24-2009, 04:48 PM
I agree that he broke the law and should be punished accordingly, I'm just stating let's not try and pretend like he is the only player that smokes pot.

So the proper course is what?

1) punish players for suspected pot use, absent any kind of proof

2) pretend everything is fine for a kid who has run afoul of the law

I mean, what right does Bohl have to decide that legal infraction A merits discipline while legal infraction B merits no punishment whatsoever?

Who is he to decide that breaking the law carries no consequences?

JacksFan06
02-24-2009, 04:58 PM
So the proper course is what?

1) punish players for suspected pot use, absent any kind of proof

2) pretend everything is fine for a kid who has run afoul of the law

I mean, what right does Bohl have to decide that legal infraction A merits discipline while legal infraction B merits no punishment whatsoever?

Who is he to decide that breaking the law carries no consequences?

All I am saying is this: Jackson got caught with pot. This has squat to do with his football decision making. If it did, than say goodbye to the NFL & NBA because they are full of players who smoke pot.
Punish the athlete accordingly as he deserves (if he deserves, i'm not sure if has been even proven guilty yet), just don't go thinking that this case is a rare occurrence and start saying "how could he".

zooropa
02-24-2009, 05:16 PM
All I am saying is this: Jackson got caught with pot. This has squat to do with his football decision making. If it did, than say goodbye to the NFL & NBA because they are full of players who smoke pot.
Punish the athlete accordingly as he deserves (if he deserves, i'm not sure if has been even proven guilty yet), just don't go thinking that this case is a rare occurrence and start saying "how could he".

1) Arguably, it has plenty to do with his decision making. Your nick says you're a Jacks fan. One of the top criteria for AJ and Melum in recruiting is 'good decision making,' he's said that he will only recruit players who have a track record of making good decisions.

For AJ, clearly, decision making in the larger field of life is an important indicator of what's likely to be done between the lines.

2) Let's take a look at Randy Moss: a pot user (yeah, let's just pretend that wasn't his roach in his Lexus) who fake mooned the Lambeau crowd and squirted a ref in the butt with a water bottle.

I'm SURE that his decision to smoke pot in his car was IN NO WAY connected with his decisions in those areas (yeah right).

3) Cris Carter----what do you think HIS opinion would be on this TJack? You think he's a fan of the 'everyone does it so it's no big deal' attitude? You think he's a fan of letting things slide? Too many people in Philly let what he did slide for too long. Know when he started playing to his potential? That's right. When he started making better decisions off the field.

SDbison
02-24-2009, 06:03 PM
Should football players who are put on public spectacle, get paid enormous amounts of money or given scholarships be held to a higher standard?
YES!
Is it realistic to expect all players to live up to the higher level of standard all of the time?
NO!
Is there a correlation to winning programs having players meet the higher level of standard or at least appear to meet it?
YES!
Do I have a problem with the general public getting drunk or high on weed now and then?
NO (as long as they don't hurt anyone in the process)

56BISON73
02-24-2009, 06:08 PM
Should football players who are put on public spectacle, get paid enormous amounts of money or given scholarships be held to a higher standard?
YES!
Is it realistic to expect all players to live up to the higher level of standard all of the time?
NO!
Is there a correlation to winning programs having players meet the higher level of standard or at least appear to meet it?
YES!
Do I have a problem with the general public getting drunk or high on weed now and then?
NO (as long as they don't hurt anyone in the process)

Reps to you SD.

unbison
02-24-2009, 07:27 PM
how about all the wins the defunk swac had...... no rules being followed... miami in the eighties and early nineties..... off field rules dont matter the cowboys when they had irvin and others had a house just for such behavior they seemed to win..... so i dont see the correlation...between following the rules and winning...ooh yeah A-rod, clemens, mcguire, sosa, bonds.....
hmmm...... correlation none seen yet

bisonmike2
02-24-2009, 07:38 PM
Marijuana's not a drug. I used to suck d*ck for coke. You ever sucked d*ck for marijuana? Didn't think so.

Boo this man!

/obscure?

duluthbison
02-24-2009, 07:43 PM
how about all the wins the defunk swac had...... no rules being followed... miami in the eighties and early nineties..... off field rules dont matter the cowboys when they had irvin and others had a house just for such behavior they seemed to win..... so i dont see the correlation...between following the rules and winning...ooh yeah A-rod, clemens, mcguire, sosa, bonds.....

You can talk about professional sports all you want but it doesn't compare with college sports. Athletes in college are held to a higher standard because they more often than not are here on some sort of scholarship. They need to be able to make good decisions. This is an example of a bad decision but we shouldn't be turning him into a sacrificial lamb of some sort. He screwed up, he also did something that is socially and legally wrong, coach Bohl will make sure that he knows that, he will probably sit out for some time, pay for it in some brutal practices, but then he will have it put behind him.

unbison
02-24-2009, 07:48 PM
the miami i refered was the college u know the U
The SWAC i speak of is also college..... hello.... hello.... used to have smu baylor and those schools

SDbison
02-24-2009, 07:51 PM
Maybe in some cases there can be some individual abusers and the team survives and even in some rare cases a team with many abusers does OK but only in the short term. Overall, if you want to build and maintain a successful program there needs to be continuous vigilence to keep the out of control players from ruining a well run organization.
Those who abuse drugs and break the law will tear down the fabric of what a successful team needs. Discipline, focus, respect, teamwork, dedication, knowledge, execution and honesty by players are virtues that can be broken down if one or many players on a team choose bad behavior and are not properly controlled.

unbison
02-24-2009, 08:05 PM
Hey Sd...... did they football players have that huge party on the north side of county 20 when u went to school there...... was that legal?

zooropa
02-24-2009, 08:06 PM
1) The larger issue with the SWAC schools were NCAA regs, and that was being done by boosters and administration, etc. Not the players. Yes, the players were a bunch of goofs, but the real damage was being done by boosters and administrators.

2) The Cowboys won a couple Super Bowls with some seriously iffy players who got a lot of headlines---but if the entire team was as irresponsible as Michael Irvin, they wouldn't've won. And look where they are today, BTW. Also, look at what the current crop of rejects and losers is doing for the Cowboys.

3) Taking PEDs and getting individual accomplishments for it hardly disproves the assertion that bad decisions are bad for the team (how many rings does Barry Bonds have? That's right....) In fact it supports it. Of all the players you named, only Clemens got rings while he was juiced, and he wasn't playing every game.

duluthbison
02-24-2009, 08:06 PM
Maybe in some cases there can be some individual abusers and the team survives and even in some rare cases a team with many abusers does OK but only in the short term. Overall, if you want to build and maintain a successful program there needs to be continuous vigilence to keep the out of control players from ruining a well run organization.
Those who abuse drugs and break the law will tear down the fabric of what a successful team needs. Discipline, focus, respect, teamwork, dedication, knowledge, execution and honesty by players are virtues that can be broken down if one or many players on a team choose bad behavior and are not properly controlled.

Thank you SD. Better worded version of what I think.

I also can't believe no one recalls the Babich years. When Bohl came to the team, he also brought discipline.

aces1180
02-24-2009, 08:09 PM
Marijuana's not a drug. I used to suck d*ck for coke. You ever sucked d*ck for marijuana? Didn't think so.

Boo this man!

/obscure?

That would be a quote from the one and only Bob Saget in the movie "Dirty Work," starring Norm MacDonald and Artie Lange.

Bison"FANatic"
02-24-2009, 08:12 PM

Ya if you were the head coach would you want to sit down with a parent at a recruiting visit and tell them to come to our university because we stand for this and that and if your kid screws up we just brush it under the table.

Or do you want to sit down and tell them that we stand for the items you said Discipline, focus, respect, teamwork, dedication, knowledge, execution and honesty by players.

I want the Bison to be the latter and I bet the people that write the checks do also. Coach Bohl will do the right thing and get the kid on track but he will pay his dues.

If you want to lose the support of a conservative upper midwest town and fanbase start having multiple drug and other off the field problems. It would kill a program very fast in my opinion

unbison
02-24-2009, 08:13 PM
no no when they had that party north of town they were talking about ring sizes.... yall need take your stone throwing butts and look in the mirror
How about the 86 Oklahoma team with buster rhymes shootin machine guns in the dorms.... they seemed to do allright

56BISON73
02-24-2009, 08:17 PM
wHAT I find hard to believe is that pot possesion is even an issue in this day and age.

Bison"FANatic"
02-24-2009, 08:17 PM
no no when they had that party north of town they were talking about ring sizes.... yall need take your stone throwing butts and look in the mirror

Ok you can come and complain about our opinion or you can offer a solution to the event. What do you think should happen to any player that gets caught with drugs Unbison?

zooropa
02-24-2009, 08:19 PM
yall need take your stone throwing butts and look in the mirror

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. What NDSU needs to do is say, "hey, smoking pot is okay, as long as you're on the football team, because we have special rules for them."

Maybe what the police should do is just, sort of, you know, look the other way when stuff like this goes on. Then these debates will never come up---see no evil, speak no evil, eh?

And what Bohl needs to do is tell his kids, "alright, being a Bison means that you can do whatever the heck you want off the field because, dagnabbit, you're a bunch of kids, nobody expects anything of you, and while I'm sure someone some day will make you assume responsibility for doing stupid stuff, it sure as heck isn't going to be me, so go out have a rip-roarin' good time, try not to get caught, and if you get caught, don't worry, I've got your back."

lakesbison
02-24-2009, 08:20 PM
Larwarnce Phillips draggin girls down nebraska hall.

DONT WORRY T JACK will be leaving school anyways Im sure, he knows he aint goin to play!

56BISON73
02-24-2009, 08:21 PM
wHAT I find hard to believe is that pot possesion is even an issue in this day and age.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-wsu-lobbestael&prov=ap&type=lgns

56BISON73
02-24-2009, 08:21 PM

DONT WORRY T JACK will be leaving school anyways Im sure, he knows he aint goin to play!

I think you are correct on this one.

zooropa
02-24-2009, 08:22 PM

Dude! Have you ever had to DEAL with someone high on pot?

Seriously. Have you ever had to acquire information from, pass information on to, or otherwise interact with someone who's high?

And it's your assumption that people should be allowed to wander through life like that with no consequences?

Shoot. Let's repeal the laws against DUIs, and let's let every convenience store in the state setup a tap right by the cash register so you can top off your to-go mug on your way out the door.

Bison"FANatic"
02-24-2009, 08:23 PM
I think you are correct on this one.

What?????? did you all see this Lakes and PL agreed on something. The world as we know it is coming to an end:smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: ;)

lakesbison
02-24-2009, 08:24 PM
whoa.... shimber me timbers.... im going to buy a lottery ticket and give half the winnings to PL

zooropa
02-24-2009, 08:24 PM
And how's he doing lately?

How well did his pro career go? How did things work out for him once he got out of that cozy little situation where Tom Osborne papered over his shenanigans while passing himself off as an ethical and moral coach?

unbison
02-24-2009, 08:31 PM
i think that they should wait until he is found guilty... we are all due are day in court..... innocent until proven guilty, correct.... then lets find out if he had a petty misdemeanor or a felony and move on.... should be same punishment as a minor in possesion if it is the same level of crime.....people smarter than us have figured out the severity of crimes

unbison
02-24-2009, 08:33 PM
zoo ropa i get the feeling u have lived a sheltered life if u think u the only one that has had to deal someone insanely giggling and asking what thats dude

silkamilkamonico
02-24-2009, 08:35 PM

Seriously. Have you ever had to acquire information from, pass information on to, or otherwise interact with someone who's high?

Yes. All the time actually. There's almost no difference, except for the virgin ones. Marijuana is far less harmful than alcohol in terms of associating with someone whos under the influence.

With that being said, this is similar to a player getting a minor in possession or a DUI and should be dealt with accordingly. Like Lakes said, he might not want to deal with it and just leave, but who knows.

56BISON73
02-24-2009, 08:41 PM

And it's your assumption that people should be allowed to wander through life like that with no consequences?

Shoot. Let's repeal the laws against DUIs, and let's let every convenience store in the state setup a tap right by the cash register so you can top off your to-go mug on your way out the door.

Yes I have delt with many people who have been high on pot. They are much easier to deal with than people who are drunk on ETOH.

Your assumptions arent correct.
Now you are talking about DUIs???

You cant seem to stay on track. Which drug are you on????LOL:D

BadlandsBison
02-24-2009, 08:43 PM
Conspiracy Theory 1:

Certain starting QB plants drugs on possible replacements.

Sleep with your eyes open Jose

lakesbison
02-24-2009, 08:43 PM
I dont blame tjack... i mean... last winter he's on a beach in L.A

this winter, he's looking at -35 degrees.

that'd give me the munchies too!!

Bison"FANatic"
02-24-2009, 08:46 PM
I dont blame tjack... i mean... last winter he's on a beach in L.A

this winter, he's looking at -35 degrees.

that'd give me the munchies too!!

He was probably just trying to find anything that would burn just so he could have more heat around him.:D :D :D :D :D

Bisonguy
02-24-2009, 08:49 PM
If TJack stand on toilet, he high on pot!

Sorry, couldn't resist and it has about as much relevance as the last posts.

unbison
02-24-2009, 08:50 PM
zoo we dont even know if he is guilty yet..... settle down... give him his due process of the law just as u would get!

56BISON73
02-24-2009, 08:51 PM
Yes, people that are high on pot are far more reliable operators of motor vehicles and heavy equipment than people that are drunk.

And I have this acre of beach front property available for you out in Williston.... Sure, it'll be a few million years before the inland seaway opens up again, but in the mean time, that land's only going to increase in value!

--

Frankly, minimizing legal infractions does no favors to kids, because eventually, in the nasty old real world, you run out of rope.

Letting some kid slide for a MIP, marijuana possession, DUI, etc., does the kid no favors because that kind of crap gets you fired from jobs in the real world. You let the kid slide in a football program and all you're doing is postponing his inevitable does of cold hard reality.

Far better to lose a scholarship and sit out a season than to lose a job and have to pull community service or jail time while looking for work because THIS time when you got caught with pot, your boss dropped the hammer on you.

I answered your question which had nothing to do with operating machinery. Then you spin off on this rant. Hmmmm lets work on YOU keeping your train of thought ok???:D

zooropa
02-24-2009, 08:51 PM
If TJack stand on toilet, he high on pot!

Pirate walks into a bar with a steering wheel sticking out of his pants. Bartender says, "did you know you have a steering wheel sticking out of your pants?"

Pirate says, "Arrrrrr, it's drivin' me nuts!"

coldspot
02-24-2009, 08:54 PM
NDSU backup quarterback pleaded guilty to marijuana possession (http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/232121/group/home/)

Bison"FANatic"
02-24-2009, 09:02 PM
Here is a interesting study.

OBJECTIVE: To determine the substance-use patterns of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) student-athletes for alcohol, amphetamines, anabolic steroids, cocaine/crack, ephedrine, marijuana/hashish, psychedelics/hallucinogens, and smokeless tobacco. DESIGN: Self-reported, anonymous, retrospective survey. PARTICIPANTS: Male and female student-athletes from 30 sports competing at 991 NCAA Division I, II, and III institutions. MAIN OUTCOME MEASURES: Respondents were queried about their use of eight categories of substances in the previous 12-month period. In addition, data were collected regarding substance use according to team, ethnicity, NCAA Division, reasons for use, and the sources for drugs. RESULTS: The overall response rate was 64.3% with 637 of 991 schools reporting with usable data on 13,914 student-athletes. For the eight categories of substance use, alcohol was the most widely used drug in the past year at 80.5%, followed by marijuana at 28.4%, and smokeless tobacco at 22.5%. Although anabolic steroid use was reported at 1.1% overall, some sports demonstrated higher use, and 32.1% obtained their anabolic steroids from a physician other than the institution's team physician. There were wide variations in the pattern of substance abuse according to sport. The results were also analyzed according to division, and it was found that the likelihood of alcohol, amphetamines, marijuana, and psychedelics use is highest in Division III. In addition, the probability of ephedrine use is highest in both Division II and III, while Division II had the highest likelihood of cocaine use. Finally, the results were analyzed according to ethnicity and we found that the likelihood of use of smokeless tobacco, alcohol, ephedrine, amphetamines, marijuana, and psychedelics is highest for Caucasian student-athletes. CONCLUSION: The study demonstrates a wide variation of use across NCAA divisions and sports, as well as among ethnic groups. The majority of student-athletes engage in substance use, especially alcohol. According to the survey, substance use is highest among Division III student-athletes and also among Caucasians. By examining reasons for use, the study will assist professionals in designing specific interventions for various substances. This study provides a methodology for surveying a large number of NCAA student-athletes, which will be repeated every 4 years to identify trends in substance abuse.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11176146?ordinalpos=13&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsP anel.Pubmed_DefaultReportPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum

unbison
02-24-2009, 09:04 PM
more players smoke dope than chew tobacco wow

zooropa
02-24-2009, 09:06 PM
ok he is guilty of a class a misdemeanor it can be a worse misdemeanor for writing a bad check
Unless I miss my guess, you can't have a worse misdemeanor than one that carries a one year max. sentence.

If the max. sentence is over a year, it's not a misdemeanor, it's a felony.

BTW: no surprises on the degree of drug abuse at D-3 schools. No scholarships and almost no NCAA oversight.

56BISON73
02-24-2009, 09:06 PM
In what way am I assuming? You said people high on pot were 'easier to deal with' than people that were drunk. How is that supposed to be taken?

How can it be assumed otherwise than that you are minimizing the degree to which potheads are impaired?

I didnt minimize anything. You asked a question I answered it and made a comparison. An informed comparison at that.
You on the other hand are just arguing every point just to argue your misguided assumptions.

Now if you want to go back to the original point at hand and stay on THAT subject you might do better.

But you seem to subscribe to the MNPLS tactic of debate. If you cant dazzle them with brilliance then try and baffle them with bullshit. You arent doing well with either.

unbison
02-24-2009, 09:08 PM
Class A, B & C misdemeanors characteristically involve conduct indicating some risk of harm to a person, minor offenses against property interests, minor offenses against public administration or order, of minor offenses against public health and decency.

The following are to be used as guidelines for determining whether or not an applicant with criminal convictions can be certified by ACBHC. The criminal convictions and classifications are broken down into levels that include 2-year, 5-year, 10-year and categorical (absolute) barriers to certification. Where applicable, the year number of the barrier is from the date of conviction. Other convictions should not be considered in evaluating certification eligibility, unless there is a continuing and ongoing history of criminal behavior.

how is that for you father zooropa quit spitting out garbage

lambeu lewey
02-24-2009, 09:16 PM
i personally know t-jack and this is not something he would do. he is either being framed or he was holding it for a friend. You arrogant bison fans are so quick in jumping to judgement that you dont stop to look at the facts. I've heard he hangs out Michael Phelps, so maybe there his drugs. I think he also hangs out with A-rods cousin, but i'm not sure if that ones true or not. In conclusion T-jack is innocent and you jackass bison fans can either stand behind your starting cornerback or quit coming to games for all i care. Bison Nation you dissapoint me.

Bisonguy
02-24-2009, 09:19 PM
Here is a interesting study.

OBJECTIVE: To determine the substance-use patterns of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) student-athletes for alcohol, amphetamines, anabolic steroids, cocaine/crack, ephedrine, marijuana/hashish, psychedelics/hallucinogens, and smokeless tobacco. DESIGN: Self-reported, anonymous, retrospective survey. PARTICIPANTS: Male and female student-athletes from 30 sports competing at 991 NCAA Division I, II, and III institutions. MAIN OUTCOME MEASURES: Respondents were queried about their use of eight categories of substances in the previous 12-month period. In addition, data were collected regarding substance use according to team, ethnicity, NCAA Division, reasons for use, and the sources for drugs. RESULTS: The overall response rate was 64.3% with 637 of 991 schools reporting with usable data on 13,914 student-athletes. For the eight categories of substance use, alcohol was the most widely used drug in the past year at 80.5%, followed by marijuana at 28.4%, and smokeless tobacco at 22.5%. Although anabolic steroid use was reported at 1.1% overall, some sports demonstrated higher use, and 32.1% obtained their anabolic steroids from a physician other than the institution's team physician. There were wide variations in the pattern of substance abuse according to sport. The results were also analyzed according to division, and it was found that the likelihood of alcohol, amphetamines, marijuana, and psychedelics use is highest in Division III. In addition, the probability of ephedrine use is highest in both Division II and III, while Division II had the highest likelihood of cocaine use. Finally, the results were analyzed according to ethnicity and we found that the likelihood of use of smokeless tobacco, alcohol, ephedrine, amphetamines, marijuana, and psychedelics is highest for Caucasian student-athletes. CONCLUSION: The study demonstrates a wide variation of use across NCAA divisions and sports, as well as among ethnic groups. The majority of student-athletes engage in substance use, especially alcohol. According to the survey, substance use is highest among Division III student-athletes and also among Caucasians. By examining reasons for use, the study will assist professionals in designing specific interventions for various substances. This study provides a methodology for surveying a large number of NCAA student-athletes, which will be repeated every 4 years to identify trends in substance abuse.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11176146?ordinalpos=13&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsP anel.Pubmed_DefaultReportPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum

Interesting read.

56BISON73
02-24-2009, 09:37 PM
i personally know t-jack and this is not something he would do. he is either being framed or he was holding it for a friend. You arrogant bison fans are so quick in jumping to judgement that you dont stop to look at the facts. I've heard he hangs out Michael Phelps, so maybe there his drugs. I think he also hangs out with A-rods cousin, but i'm not sure if that ones true or not. In conclusion T-jack is innocent and you jackass bison fans can either stand behind your starting cornerback or quit coming to games for all i care. Bison Nation you dissapoint me.

If you know him personally why dont you know that he is a QB instead of a cornerback??? Did he change positions? When was he made a starter???

unbison
02-24-2009, 09:46 PM
lambue lewis made me laugh how about u pl

A1pigskin
02-25-2009, 02:00 AM
This whole thing is really disappointing, Jackson let his team down and the fans down that support him. Stupid, stupid, stupid....... Hopefully he will learn from this and be more responsible. If he does get kicked off I hope he will graduate.

4mcruenomore
02-25-2009, 02:56 AM
Looks like the QB spot just keeps on causing us problems.

MontBison
02-25-2009, 03:58 AM
Im sorry but you guys are seriously way too old for this shit. I bet you if you were to piss test the whole team right now I bet 1/3 of the team is positive. I understand this isn't some cop out for tjack but I seriously see it being no worse than a minor.

56BISON73
02-25-2009, 04:02 AM
Im sorry but you guys are seriously way too old for this shit. I bet you if you were to piss test the whole team right now I bet 1/3 of the team is positive. I understand this isn't some cop out for tjack but I seriously see it being no worse than a minor.

Geez we had our known stoners on our team as well. There were also many who would take an occational toke as well. Cant belive the bullshit being posted about this.

BisoninNWMN
02-25-2009, 11:33 AM

WTF....you kidding me.....1/3 of the team would not test pos.....maybe 1 or 2.

Smoking pot is illegal right now plain and simple. Kid deserves a 2nd chance, we all do, but if this is consistent behavior than kick him off the team.

Coach Bohl will make the right decision for the team.

BisoninNWMN
02-25-2009, 11:34 AM
This whole thing is really disappointing, Jackson let his team down and the fans down that support him. Stupid, stupid, stupid....... Hopefully he will learn from this and be more responsible. If he does get kicked off I hope he will graduate.

Good post, A1!!

bisonmike2
02-25-2009, 11:59 AM
That would be a quote from the one and only Bob Saget in the movie "Dirty Work," starring Norm MacDonald and Artie Lange.

Oooo. Sorry. Thanks for playing. The answer I was looking for was Half Baked starring Dave Chepelle and Jim Bruer. But you are awarded bonus points for getting Bob Saget right.

NDSU1980
02-25-2009, 01:07 PM
While I don't approve of Jackson doing this, and it won't bother me if he gets the boot, I'm put off by the way the Forum treated it on the website. There are (4) full color photos of him in a Bison uni scattered throughout the site, and at least 4 places where you can access the story; Home Page, News page, sidebar, and Sports page. Why so often? Hell, the men's BB team didn't get half that coverage for winning the BracketBuster game last week.

I can see running the story, but on every page?

aces1180
02-25-2009, 01:09 PM
Oooo. Sorry. Thanks for playing. The answer I was looking for was Half Baked starring Dave Chepelle and Jim Bruer. But you are awarded bonus points for getting Bob Saget right.

Dangit! I should have known that!

Bison06
02-25-2009, 01:18 PM
WTF....you kidding me.....1/3 of the team would not test pos.....maybe 1 or 2.

Smoking pot is illegal right now plain and simple. Kid deserves a 2nd chance, we all do, but if this is consistent behavior than kick him off the team.

Coach Bohl will make the right decision for the team.

You are completely delusional if you think there are 1 or 2 kids on our team smoking weed. Completely delusional. 1/3 may be a bit high(pun intended), but 1/3 is closer to reality than 1 or 2.

Bison"FANatic"
02-25-2009, 02:00 PM
You are completely delusional if you think there are 1 or 2 kids on our team smoking weed. Completely delusional. 1/3 may be a bit high(pun intended), but 1/3 is closer to reality than 1 or 2.

That don't make it legal, If they are hopefully they don't get busted. I don't give money to teammakers to watch 2/3 of a team play.

Bison Dan
02-25-2009, 02:01 PM
Why don't you posters that want to discuss the moral & culture mores of pot smoking take it to a different forum. TJack made a mistake and now is paying the consequents of his actions. Discussing who and how many players smoke pot is stupid (specially when no one knows) and has no place on this board. Lets just hope for the best for this young man and that he gets his act together.

bisonmike2
02-25-2009, 02:11 PM
Dangit! I should have known that!

marijuana affects the memory. I think. What was I going to say again?

aces1180
02-25-2009, 03:00 PM
marijuana affects the memory. I think. What was I going to say again?

You were a Sigma Chi, right? I seem to remember some of the sticky icky being smoking the back yard over there.

MontBison
02-25-2009, 04:12 PM
Listen I understand it is illegal but you guys make it seem so terrile because it is a band substance. Vandal get the boot for his third minor and I believe consuming alch. under 21 is illegal so why haven't we crucified him. And to say only 1 or 2 tests positive really shows that you should not comment on this subject matter.

aces1180
02-25-2009, 04:19 PM
Listen I understand it is illegal but you guys make it seem so terrile because it is a band substance. Vandal get the boot for his third minor and I believe consuming alch. under 21 is illegal so why haven't we crucified him. And to say only 1 or 2 tests positive really shows that you should not comment on this subject matter.

Vandal didn't get booted, he got suspended indefinitely and was eventually reinstated.

Bison06
02-25-2009, 04:28 PM
I agree it is very stupid to smoke while playing college sports, it makes you lazy and when it comes down to it is illegal. My point isn't to say that he shouldn't be punished, because he should. But, let's not act like this guy did something horrible. His big mistake was getting caught. We all did things that were illegal. Drink underage, speed, run stop signs etc. You just have to make good enough decisions about them to not get caught and hurt the team.

zooropa
02-25-2009, 04:44 PM
His big mistake was getting caught

Which is kind of my issue with him.... Even if you accept the assertion that a third of the team is smoking pot, he's the kid that got caught.

It means the other third are either 1) just as dumb, but they don't smoke as often (reducing the risk of getting caught) or 2) they smoke as much, but they're smarter about it (reducing the risk of getting caught) or 3) they don't smoke as much and they're much smarter about it (again reducing the risk of getting caught).

Any way you slice it, he got caught doing something that a pretty significant minority of college students get away with. And that, IMO, makes him look pretty stupid.

That, apart from the morality of the issue, apart from the need to send a message regarding troubles with the law, that--simply as an exercise in fielding a competitive team--is grounds for suspending him and his scholarship.

unbison
02-25-2009, 05:10 PM
Kai's mom must love you
spreading your uuber morality all over the dakota's

zooropa
02-25-2009, 05:18 PM
spreading your uuber morality all over the dakota's
That...simply as an exercise in fielding a competitive team...is grounds for suspending him and his scholarship.
Did you actually take classes at NDSU, 'unbison'?

If so, your reading comprehension is a pretty poor reflection on the quality of the education you received.

zooropa
02-25-2009, 05:19 PM
Oh, and it's 'über', not 'uuber', and 'Dakotas', not 'dakota's'

See, 'Dakota', in this sense, as a place name, is a proper noun and is, therefore capitalized.

Also, because you used it in the plural and not the genitive sense, it should not be apostrophized. However, seeing how the genitive apostrophe is a fairly recent innovation (going back only a few hundred years), I can see how you may not have gotten used to it.

duluthbison
02-25-2009, 05:23 PM
Hall of Shame??

Kermit
02-25-2009, 05:40 PM
Oh, and it's 'über', not 'uuber', and 'Dakotas', not 'dakota's'..

https://zone.artizans.com/images/previews/BAL1464.300.jpg

UTH
02-25-2009, 05:47 PM
I agree it is very stupid to smoke while playing college sports, it makes you lazy and when it comes down to it is illegal. My point isn't to say that he shouldn't be punished, because he should. But, let's not act like this guy did something horrible. His big mistake was getting caught. We all did things that were illegal. Drink underage, speed, run stop signs etc. You just have to make good enough decisions about them to not get caught and hurt the team.

My reaction to this argument...

Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. J.C. Watts, Congressman from Oklahoma.

However, also relevant to this topic...

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain, but it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving. Dale Carnegie, author of How to Win Friends and Influence People.

Coach Bohl has been level-headed in the past and I have no reason to believe that he will respond unreasonably this time. If this incident gets TJack promoted to a starting position, or if it gets him uncategorically dismissed from the team with no explanation, I might change my mind. In the meantime, have a little faith in the man to do what's right...

zooropa
02-25-2009, 05:48 PM
https://zone.artizans.com/images/previews/BAL1464.300.jpg

Right... because 'un' Bison's comment deserves something other than a deliberately snotty response...

unbison
02-25-2009, 05:48 PM
thanks all help is appreciated

I cant help it zooropa this is what a south dakota education does for me
did not know that a college diploma was necessary to be a bison fan or to post on this board

zooropa
02-25-2009, 05:55 PM
thanks all help is appreciated

You can pick on someone else's mother, but can't stick up for yourself? What's the matter? Doesn't the bully like a taste of his own medicine?

zooropa
02-25-2009, 06:04 PM
Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain, but it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving. Dale Carnegie, author of How to Win Friends and Influence People.

As it appears, the court ordered treatment and monitoring, that should take care of the 'understanding' part, as in kids are inherently inexperienced, tend to make foolish decisions based on that inexperience, and shouldn't be face permanent consequences for actions that are born more from stupidity than malicious intent...

However, the flip side is that Bohl's not running a charity--what Jackson did should cost him a chunk of, if not all of, his senior season.

There should be a balance between helping a kid get past some stupid actions (or stupid habits) and recognizing that such stupidity hinders the ability to field a football team.

unbison
02-25-2009, 06:08 PM
Zooropa is the most intelligent poster on the board
is that good enuff..
cause i grow tired of arguing
T. Jack should be punished
WAS just saying that he does not deserve in my opinion to be kicked of the team for ever and ever:banghead:

aces1180
02-25-2009, 06:09 PM
As it appears, the court ordered treatment and monitoring, that should take care of the 'understanding' part, as in kids are inherently inexperienced, tend to make foolish decisions based on that inexperience, and shouldn't be face permanent consequences for actions that are born more from stupidity than malicious intent...

However, the flip side is that Bohl's not running a charity--what Jackson did should cost him a chunk of, if not all of, his senior season.

There should be a balance between helping a kid get past some stupid actions (or stupid habits) and recognizing that such stupidity hinders the ability to field a football team.

Serious question for you, zooropa...Is your name ?

zooropa
02-25-2009, 06:11 PM
WAS just saying that he does not deserve in my opinion to be kicked of the team for ever and ever:banghead:
Right. Because THAT'S what I said.

Straw man arguments, dragging unrelated 3rd parties into the argument and insulting them, etc. Real classy. Definitely the kind of conduct that any NDSU fan should be happy, pleased, in fact PROUD to be associated with.

zooropa
02-25-2009, 06:13 PM
Serious question for you, zooropa...Is your name ?

Wrong gender, wrong school.

Although if it was, how many can there be that are also U2 fans......

coldspot
02-25-2009, 06:16 PM
slow day on the sdsu board?

zooropa
02-25-2009, 06:19 PM
slow day on the sdsu board?

Yeah. Not much but speculation about seeding for the WBB team. Local ABC affiliate ran a nice piece on Mackenzie Casey (grad student/red shirt 'senior' point guard) going back to teach math on the Pine Ridge after he graduates, and not much else.

I'm also trying to solve a persistent and odd database problem, which is probably why my fuse is so short with Unbison.

duluthbison
02-25-2009, 06:41 PM

No I really doubt that he will be kicked off the team, but he will most likely be punished by having to sit out for a certain number of games and going through some painful practices.

How about everyone just leaves it alone because no one can civilly disagree on this topic.

Herd80
02-25-2009, 07:09 PM
Because MplsBison cannot just leave something alone

zooropa
02-25-2009, 07:22 PM
Yeah. Not much but speculation about seeding for the WBB team. Local ABC affiliate ran a nice piece on Mackenzie Casey (grad student/red shirt 'senior' point guard) going back to teach math on the Pine Ridge after he graduates, and not much else.

I'm also trying to solve a persistent and odd database problem, which is probably why my fuse is so short with Unbison.

Solved the database problem. BTW: my apologies to the board, generally, for being particularly short fused with one member.

duluthbison
02-25-2009, 07:31 PM
Solved the database problem. BTW: my apologies to the board, generally, for being particularly short fused with one member.

Hope you have a sense of humor left :D

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd259/irisheathan/1720Attempting-To-Give-A-Damn20Larg.gif

zooropa
02-25-2009, 07:41 PM
Hope you have a sense of humor left :D

http://webcatt.net/humor/images/humor_setup.gif

Needed to upgrade. Thanks for the reminder.

unbison
02-25-2009, 07:50 PM
it is not as if zooropa was unbelievably friendly

bisonwest
02-25-2009, 09:26 PM
[QUOTE=zooropa;255537]Dude! Have you ever had to DEAL with someone high on pot?

Shoot. Let's repeal the laws against DUIs, and let's let every convenience store in the state setup a tap right by the cash register so you can top off your to-go mug on your way out the door.[/QUOTE

I have. And they're more coherent than a drunk. Never had someone high try to pick a fight with me in a bar. Though they will try to steal your cheetos. There should be some sort of dicipline if he is proven guilty. Shouldn't be kicked off the team though. If you want to smoke dope you better be discrete or expect problems.

Bisonguy
02-25-2009, 11:40 PM
2 game suspension reported by Steve Hallstrom on the 6:00 WDAY sports.

aces1180
02-25-2009, 11:49 PM
2 game suspension reported by Steve Hallstrom on the 6:00 WDAY sports.

Saw that as well...I think its a fair punishment.

I hope he stays clear of Johnny Law for the rest of his time at NDSU.

Hammersmith
02-26-2009, 03:10 AM
I didn't think of this until now(and I don't think it's been brought up), but a season suspension was not an option. Jackson came here as a JUCO with two years of eligibility left. A season suspension would've been the same as kicking him off the team for good. As it is, Bohl suspended him for about 20% of his remaining career. (Unless I'm wrong about how many years he has left.)

westnodak93bison
02-26-2009, 05:16 PM
I'm not sure what to think of this punishment. I look back at my illustrius college career and if caught for everything I've done I'd probably still be in the state pen lol! For PR purposes maybe Bohl and Taylor should have added on some community service or something?

lakesbison
02-26-2009, 05:27 PM
the COURT system already did that, 50 hours is pretty standard.

heckler
02-26-2009, 05:44 PM
What does Hippy Stick think about it?

Bison"FANatic"
02-26-2009, 05:52 PM
That is fair. Bohl did well.

BisoninNWMN
02-27-2009, 12:39 AM

Why, are you smoking with them?

Pot stays in your system for months....I don't know if DI players get randomly tested ( Where's Hammer?) but more players would be kicked off the team if there were random tests if there is 1/3 smoking pot.

The kid deserves a 2nd chance.....hopefully he has learned his lesson.

DORMIE
02-27-2009, 01:49 AM
Face it, he came to NDSU to play football and hopefully finish his education. He obviously screwed up and will be paying the price for it. Coach Bohl obviously cares about the kid of he would have swept him under the bus. He will pay for his mistake in the courts and with his teammates.

MontBison
02-27-2009, 02:01 AM
Why, are you smoking with them?

Pot stays in your system for months....I don't know if DI players get randomly tested ( Where's Hammer?) but more players would be kicked off the team if there were random tests if there is 1/3 smoking pot.

The kid deserves a 2nd chance.....hopefully he has learned his lesson.

No, but I also live in a civilized area and maybe you haven't gone to your local GNC (or whatever the hell you have in no where) but there are drugs you can take to flush your system. I know of people who have done this in the past to get by the system.

BisoninNWMN
02-27-2009, 02:06 AM
No, but I also live in a civilized area and maybe you haven't gone to your local GNC (or whatever the hell you have in no where) but there are drugs you can take to flush your system. I know of people who have done this in the past to get by the system.

LOL....what the hell in GNC will flush pot residues out of your system????

devin45k
02-27-2009, 02:23 AM
LOL....what the hell in GNC will flush pot residues out of your system????

yes they do have stuff to flush THC out of ur system. I used to work there and it was illegal to answer questions about it.

56BISON73
02-27-2009, 03:54 AM
yes they do have stuff to flush THC out of ur system. I used to work there and it was illegal to answer questions about it.

It all depends on what your body fat % is. Nothing out there is full proof.

unbison
02-27-2009, 04:01 AM
hmmm it seems mr pl has intimate knowledge on this subject.... could he be an old hippie

56BISON73
02-27-2009, 04:09 AM
hmmm it seems mr pl has intimate knowledge on this subject.... could he be an old hippie

Was in the medical field for 20 years.

NDSU1980
02-27-2009, 11:49 AM
Mods, I think it's time to put this one to bed. Lock it or Hall of Shame it. Justice has run it's course.