PDA

View Full Version : #18 Bunnies bounce into Fargo

BlueKeyAlum
02-19-2009, 06:24 PM
SDSU, currently ranked a spot higher than the Tennessee Lady Vols, show up in Fargo on Saturday at 7 pm.

Hope lots of fans show up to watch the game. Bison played with a lot of pluck (if not Plucker) in the first matchup in Brookings. Hope they can keep up the progress they've been building in Fargo.

lakesbison
02-19-2009, 06:53 PM
maybe SDSU will bring more than 7 fans like tuesday.

mango
02-19-2009, 07:34 PM

That's all you got isn't it?? You mentioned that in every post you've had on our board and you are doing it here too.

NorthernBison
02-19-2009, 09:15 PM
That's all you got isn't it?? You mentioned that in every post you've had on our board and you are doing it here too.

When something works, he sticks with it.

Blue
02-19-2009, 11:01 PM
When something works, he sticks with it.
Kind of like his case of the Clap

http://media.urbandictionary.com/image/large/quagmire-3865.jpg
All-rightttt

TbonZach
02-22-2009, 12:53 AM
Ouch....

SDSU leads 32-14 at the half.

filbert
02-22-2009, 01:21 AM

I had any number of witty comments typed up but . . .

52-26 SDSU right now. I'll let it ride.

(rooting for your guys vs. UW-Milwaukee, though . . . )

sambini
02-22-2009, 04:02 AM
The Jacks ladies are VERY GOOD. Congrats to the Jacks on the win. They had a lot of fans here too Lakes.

rabidrabbit
02-22-2009, 01:06 PM
I heard the attendence was 2644, and the SDSU radio announcer was guessing about 1000 of those watching were clad in blue.

Keep chin up Bison, your WBB is looking solidly in 3rd place this year with a VERY limited group of players. Another two years, these games with the Jacks will likely be closer.

roadwarrior
02-22-2009, 01:27 PM
No where near 1000, but a good showing of Jacks fans.

sambini
02-22-2009, 01:51 PM
I was thinking maybe 400 imo

99Bison
02-22-2009, 03:53 PM
I was thinking maybe 400 imo

Maybe... Was thinking 200 or so when scanning the crowd

DORMIE
02-22-2009, 04:13 PM
What can you say. Jack's are a very nice outfit. Also will have a good nucleus coming back with Rotert, Cornemann, Boever, Michelson and Young.
They dressed 13, but there was another 6-2 like with a boot on her foot. Who was that and what is her year. Also thay had Young listed as a RFr. I understand that she went to Creighton 1 year. Wasn't she there long enough for a year of eligibility?

BlueKeyAlum
02-22-2009, 04:35 PM
I think Young left Crieghton before the season started.

JackJD
02-22-2009, 05:30 PM
I think Young left Crieghton before the season started.

She left in a matter of days after arriving on campus. I think classes had not even started.

Jacks-02
02-23-2009, 01:13 AM
What can you say. Jack's are a very nice outfit. Also will have a good nucleus coming back with Rotert, Cornemann, Boever, Michelson and Young.
They dressed 13, but there was another 6-2 like with a boot on her foot. Who was that and what is her year. Also thay had Young listed as a RFr. I understand that she went to Creighton 1 year. Wasn't she there long enough for a year of eligibility?

I'm guessing it was FR Cala Westergaard. She red-shirted this year because she was coming off of a knee injury. Hadn't heard anything about her being hurt again, maybe something happened recently in practice. AJ has commented that had she not red-shirted she would be another contributor this year.

bisonmike2
02-23-2009, 05:26 PM
This seems like the classic case of the girlfriend standing up to the bully and trying to defend his honor for him. I'm sure I'll lose some people but allow me to explain. SDSU men and women are a couple. NDSU men and women are a couple. Well, SDSU's girl sees NDSU constantly picking on her boyfriend, embarrassing him in public, kicking his ass, etc. Well, she's sick of seeing her boyfriend getting destroyed by NDSU so she does the only thing a frustrated girlfriend can, pick a fight with our girlfriend. Well, SDSU, she's a big ol' mean gal. She's corn fed, weighs in at deuce maybe duece and a quarter. She's not ugly but she aint the best looking gal at the ball either and she's taking a good ribbing about her weight for years. She's grown up now and she's ready to take out years of frustration on somebody. Now, NDSU, she's a pretty gal. Small, slender, prissy. She's a lover, not a fighter and this year she's content with standing back and just being proud of her man. So basically to tie this all back into the world of basketball, the SDSU women kicked the crap out of the NDSU women because the felt like it was the only way to defend the honor of the men's b-ball team.

Kemo
02-23-2009, 06:16 PM
This seems like the classic case of the girlfriend standing up to the bully and trying to defend his honor for him. I'm sure I'll lose some people but allow me to explain. SDSU men and women are a couple. NDSU men and women are a couple. Well, SDSU's girl sees NDSU constantly picking on her boyfriend, embarrassing him in public, kicking his ass, etc. Well, she's sick of seeing her boyfriend getting destroyed by NDSU so she does the only thing a frustrated girlfriend can, pick a fight with our girlfriend. Well, SDSU, she's a big ol' mean gal. She's corn fed, weighs in at deuce maybe duece and a quarter. She's not ugly but she aint the best looking gal at the ball either and she's taking a good ribbing about her weight for years. She's grown up now and she's ready to take out years of frustration on somebody. Now, NDSU, she's a pretty gal. Small, slender, prissy. She's a lover, not a fighter and this year she's content with standing back and just being proud of her man. So basically to tie this all back into the world of basketball, the SDSU women kicked the crap out of the NDSU women because the felt like it was the only way to defend the honor of the men's b-ball team.

So is SDSU's football team the buddy that is ready to throw down when someone messes with their friend (men's basketball team)? :nod:

bisonmike2
02-23-2009, 06:42 PM
So is SDSU's football team the buddy that is ready to throw down when someone messes with their friend (men's basketball team)? :nod:

More like NDSU's B-ball team is the buddy that's throwing down because their buddy got sucker punched (for 3 out of the past 5 years :)).

Kemo
02-23-2009, 07:04 PM
More like NDSU's B-ball team is the buddy that's throwing down because their buddy got sucker punched (for 3 out of the past 5 years :)).

lol, that comment was DYN-O-MITE! Made my day!

zooropa
02-23-2009, 08:20 PM
I'm going right along with you on this------except I can't help but notice that BOTH teams are stocked with corn-fed farm girls........ :D

I wonder to what extent school pride plays a role in motivation for the WBB team. They had front row seats behind the press rows at Frost for the men's game against NDSU, and were doing their best to cheer the men on. They also attended the men's games down in Cancun.

IMO, the shellacking in Fargo was due more to 'professional pride' than school pride. In that the Jacks, on reviewing game tape, saw a lot of things that they could've done better, all the while they're reading about how NDSU has 'figured out' the Jacks.

Granted NDSU didn't beat the Jacks, but there's a stat that bears repeating:

Since moving to D-1 the Jacks have played about two dozen 'grudge matches', and they've lost only one--Marquette.

DORMIE
02-23-2009, 10:12 PM
This is a feel good story, back from the days when the Jacks and Bison women weren't at each others throats. I was in Amarillo, TX for the Elite 8 DivII Volleyball and the West TX, Lady Buff Classic. The Lady Buffs had about a 95 game home willing streak and played the Jacks in the semis on Friday and the Jacks really got homered. In the finals Buck and Schmidt really put it to them and we won. Behind our bench with about 5 min left in the game there were the Jacks singing "Happy Trails" , pulling for their pals from up North. It was awsome.

zooropa
02-24-2009, 12:22 AM
This is a feel good story, back from the days when the Jacks and Bison women weren't at each others throats. I was in Amarillo, TX for the Elite 8 DivII Volleyball and the West TX, Lady Buff Classic. The Lady Buffs had about a 95 game home willing streak and played the Jacks in the semis on Friday and the Jacks really got homered. In the finals Buck and Schmidt really put it to them and we won. Behind our bench with about 5 min left in the game there were the Jacks singing "Happy Trails" , pulling for their pals from up North. It was awsome.
Hey! It's the D-2 volleyball version of "Beat LA!" (BTW, there has got to be at least 14,000 people in the Boston area that claim to have started that chant--and the old Garden would only hold, IIRC, 12,500 or so)