PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed with Miles Video

Bison bison
02-18-2009, 02:15 PM
Tim Miles is a great coach and all.

Built the program right. Got great players. Coached the team to some great wins.

However, I was extremely disappointed to see Tim on the video last night. I was expecting Andre Smith...

:(

:)

Kermit
02-18-2009, 02:20 PM
However, I was extremely disappointed to see Tim on the video last night. I was expecting Andre Smith...

:(

I thought it was very gracious of Tim Miles to appear. I thought it was even more gracious of Saul Phillips to give Miles the screen time. Classy on both ends. It would've been great ot hear from Andre too. "Live, from Liverpool!" would have fit very well with the "Fab Four" theme. :D

HandoEX
02-18-2009, 02:21 PM
I was expecting Andre Smith.

I was thinking the exact same thing just before the video started.

Bison bison
02-18-2009, 02:31 PM
i actually thought Andre was going to appear as 'Fan Man' coasting from the NW side of the BSA.

Twentysix
02-18-2009, 02:36 PM
I think it was awesome, he definatly didnt burn any bridges, he attended bison football games and i really believe him when he says hes a bison fan for life. If his team doesnt go to the NCAA tournament im gonna betcha that he will be yelling at the tv for NDSU to win. That will definatly fade(for the most part) once his recruits are gone though :P.

BTW the audio was horrible. PLEASE TURN THE BASS TO -10 when playing a video like that in the BSA.

bisonpride
02-18-2009, 02:53 PM
I think it was awesome, he definatly didnt burn any bridges, he attended bison football games and i really believe him when he says hes a bison fan for life. If his team doesnt go to the NCAA tournament im gonna betcha that he will be yelling at the tv for NDSU to win. That will definatly fade(for the most part) once his recruits are gone though :P.

BTW the audio was horrible. PLEASE TURN THE BASS TO -10 when playing a video like that in the BSA.

I would guess he will be in attendance at the games if they make it. I think he can afford it. ;)

bisonpride
02-18-2009, 02:57 PM
I thought it was very gracious of Tim Miles to appear. I thought it was even more gracious of Saul Phillips to give Miles the screen time. Classy on both ends. It would've been great ot hear from Andre too. "Live, from Liverpool!" would have fit very well with the "Fab Four" theme. :D

Personally I dont think it has anything to do with classy on Saul's part. That should be expected from someone, not considered over and above or an over the top gesture. This is Tim's team. Always has and always will be.

Kermit
02-18-2009, 03:06 PM
Personally I dont think it has anything to do with classy on Saul's part. That should be expected from someone, not considered over and above or an over the top gesture. This is Tim's team. Always has and always will be.

Miles obviously played a huge part in this story, but it is not "Tim's team" any more. Miles left, almost two years ago. The current staff and players have carried on, and it is their team now. Miles made his choice, and he understands better than anyone the consequences of his decision to leave.

Am I curious what would have happened if Miles had stayed? Absolutely. Do I suspect the Bison would have added a few more signature wins with Miles on the bench? Frankly, I do. That said, I totally respect the current players and staff for the way they have conducted themselves and performed since Mlles left. As a fan of the program first, I am going to support the people that are here while remembering and honoring those who came before.

tcbison
02-18-2009, 03:13 PM
Miles obviously played a huge part in this story, but it is not "Tim's team" any more. Miles left, almost two years ago. The current staff and players have carried on, and it is their team now. Miles made his choice, and he understands better than anyone the consequences of his decision to leave.

Am I curious what would have happened if Miles had stayed? Absolutely. Do I suspect the Bison would have added a few more signature wins with Miles on the bench? Frankly, I do. That said, I totally respect the current players and staff for the way they have conducted themselves and performed since Mlles left. As a fan of the program first, I am going to support the people that are here while remembering and honoring those who came before.

You took the words out of my mouth. Very nicely said.

Mr. Burgundy
02-18-2009, 03:20 PM
Nothing but class from Miles. He stays in contact with the current team and staff. He lives and dies each game. Nobody wants this team to dance like Coach Miles. Classy move by Saul to include Tim's video on that night.

IzzyFlexion
02-18-2009, 03:59 PM

Correct. Coaches don't graduate. They choose to move on. If it's for a better opportunity then you can't blame him for trying to make a better life for himself or his family. Even though he still displays a soft spot for the players and the program, once he inked the deal with CSU he relinquished his "my Bison team" position.

cvbison1
02-18-2009, 05:19 PM
this thread is a JOKE. how could a video of that type be disappointing? I thought it was great

lakesbison
02-18-2009, 05:46 PM
it was a JOKE thread...... get the andre smith reference??

Great job by Miles... get his ass to SIOUX FALLS!!!

Bison bison
02-18-2009, 06:04 PM
Actually, I'm dead serious.

:D

SlickVic
02-18-2009, 06:15 PM
andre would have givin 15 years of his life to be a part of this team this year...his words not mine

sambini
02-18-2009, 06:56 PM
Great video++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Bison bison
02-18-2009, 07:02 PM
Actually, I was expecting saul to play a scene of hitler in the bunker with english subtitles...

Mr. Burgundy
02-18-2009, 07:36 PM
Miles will be in Vegas while we are in Sioux Falls.....He has his conf tourney.

cvbison1
02-18-2009, 07:40 PM
Actually, I was expecting saul to play a scene of hitler in the bunker with english subtitles...

hahaha, i love that video. it is so true.

NDSUFan_Sav
02-18-2009, 09:35 PM
Miles is a great guy, I would see him at Nativity with his kids for church a few times...he's a great great man.

Slick is right...Andre would give anything to be with this team right now...he was a huge part to the bison transition as well.

Thanks Miles best of luck with the future, keep on doing the things you do and CSU will become a good program!

tjbison
02-18-2009, 09:43 PM
Miles is a great guy, I would see him at Nativity with his kids for church a few times...he's a great great man.

Slick is right...Andre would give anything to be with this team right now...he was a huge part to the bison transition as well.

Thanks Miles best of luck with the future, keep on doing the things you do and CSU will become a good program!

Hell i'd give my LEFT nut to part of this team!!!! any room for a Fat guy on the bench?

lakesbison
02-18-2009, 11:07 PM
I just offered ANDRE SMITH a room and ticket in sioux falls on facebook .......hope he makes it back!!!!

hahaha....

NDSUFan_Sav
02-19-2009, 03:24 AM
I just offered ANDRE SMITH a room and ticket in sioux falls on facebook .......hope he makes it back!!!!

hahaha....

he's quite fun to share some drinks with thats for sure...saw him at house after house great times with him.