PDA

View Full Version : NDSU on the Radar for this 2010 recruit

BisonNeil
02-15-2009, 06:17 AM
I think the 2009 recruiting class was spectacular on paper. A couple of positions lacked significant recruit numbers including MLB, CB, and OL.

HOWEVER, this monster has some big time interest from DI schools, and NDSU is one of those mentioned. Can you say HOOO Raaahhh!!!!

http://www.gopherhole.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=942

sambini
02-15-2009, 01:27 PM
Interesting Neil thanks. I see UCLA is in there to. I text message Coach Moore once in a while. And Minnesota is one of his areas. This sounds like a quite a player.

IzzyFlexion
02-15-2009, 04:03 PM
I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but with his size and this much early interest, it's gonna take some magic to get this kid to take a pass on a "big time" school.

BisonNeil
02-15-2009, 04:08 PM
I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but with his size and this much early interest, it's gonna take some magic to get this kid to take a pass on a "big time" school.

No question you are right. I just thought it was cool that when a kid is asked what schools he is interested in NDSU is right up there with all the biggies.

GH: Which schools are you currently interested in learning more about?

SC: Minnesota, Wisconsin, Arizona. North Dakota State, Iowa State and UCLA are in the mix, too.

sambini
02-15-2009, 04:16 PM
At least were in the mix+++

IzzyFlexion
02-15-2009, 04:22 PM
At least were in the mix+++

Good point.
OK, my glass is half-full agian. Granted I had to add some Jack Daniels to get it there.:)

NDSUFan_Sav
02-15-2009, 07:32 PM
Good point.
OK, my glass is half-full agian. Granted I had to add some Jack Daniels to get it there.:)

after yesterdays incident? :hide:

kidding...not holding you responsible glad you were around to watch it!

along with the players izzzy keep your head up :)

Bryan
02-15-2009, 09:47 PM
It will be a pretty strong year in 2010 for recruiting in Minnesota and I imagine NDSU and UNI will continue to pick up quality recruits from the state.

It helps when the Nations top player is from the state and that is the case this year as both Rivals and Tom Lemming say Cretin Durham Hall's massive 6'8, 300 Seantrell Henderson is the #1 recruit in the class of 2010 in the country. He already holds offers from MINN, MICH, Ohio St, Florida, Oklahoma, UCLA, Oregon, Notre Dame, Wisc, Iowa, Neb., and many more. Most believe it will be a Notre Dame, Minnesota, or USC decision in the end. ***** no doubt

Not far behind him is Irondale's 6'7, 280 OL Jimmy Gjere who already holds offers from Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, and recently Ohio State and many more to follow. Likely will be a high **** player on rivals. plays hockey.

also in that **** range is Minnetonka DT Beau Allen, 6'3, 295. Offers from Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, and Nebraska.

Obviously these guys are high major kids so 1-AA's won't bother with them.

Next is Wayzata LB Tobi Okuyemi, 6'3, 230. Early offers from Minnesota and Iowa.

Lamonte Edwards, RB, Woodbury, 6'2 215, teammate of Cooper Wahlo, Minnesota recently offered and I think NDSU has as well.

Those five are pretty much everyones Top 5 MN kids for 2010.

The next group has kids with no offers yet but alot of talent and potential and I would bet a couple end up at NDSU come next signing day.

Taylor Grant, TE Eden Prairie,(dad Mike grant)
Taylor Hansen, WR Minnehaha Academy (NDSU on him hard)
Di-Jon Starr, DE Blaine (6'3, 250, might be too small for BT)
Even Williams, RB DeLaSalle (6.0, 195, fast but size will also be an issue)
John Baker, RB Mpls Breck (alot of talent coming out of Breck the last 8 years)
Grant Olsen, LB Wayzata (6'2, 220, strong tradition from wayzata and coulod be a sleeper)
AJ Tarpley, LB Wayzata (6'1, 215, the third Wayzata lB on the list, some people think he has most potential but pretty raw)
Joel Bauman, RB Kerkohoven ( Top non metro player, also top wrestler, puts up huge numbers in small conference)
Muhammed Kromah, DE Totino Grace (Sleeper of the class, very raw but looks like a BT player already, might slip to NDSU/UNI like Perry did this year)

BisonNeil
02-15-2009, 09:52 PM
Good point.

hahahahahahahahaha good one! Blaming me for making you drink again I see :)

BisonNeil
02-15-2009, 09:53 PM
It will be a pretty strong year in 2010 for recruiting in Minnesota and I imagine NDSU and UNI will continue to pick up quality recruits from the state.

It helps when the Nations top player is from the state and that is the case this year as both Rivals and Tom Lemming say Cretin Durham Hall's massive 6'8, 300 Seantrell Henderson is the #1 recruit in the class of 2010 in the country. He already holds offers from MINN, MICH, Ohio St, Florida, Oklahoma, UCLA, Oregon, Notre Dame, Wisc, Iowa, Neb., and many more. Most believe it will be a Notre Dame, Minnesota, or USC decision in the end. ***** no doubt

Not far behind him is Irondale's 6'7, 280 OL Jimmy Gjere who already holds offers from Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, and recently Ohio State and many more to follow. Likely will be a high **** player on rivals. plays hockey.

also in that **** range is Minnetonka DT Beau Allen, 6'3, 295. Offers from Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, and Nebraska.

Next is Wayzata LB Tobi Okuyemi, 6'3, 230. Early offers from Minnesota and Iowa.

Lamonte Edwards, RB, Woodbury, 6'2 215, teammate of Cooper Wahlo, Minnesota recently offered and I think NDSU has as well.

The next group has kids with no offers yet but alot of talent and potential and I would bet a couple end up at NDSU come next signing day.

Grant Olsen, LB Wayzata (6'2, 220, strong tradition from wayzata and coulod be a sleeper)
AJ Tarpley, LB Wayzata (6'1, 215, the third Wayzata lB on the list, some people think he has most potential but pretty raw)
Joel Bauman, RB Kerkohoven ( Top non metro player, also top wrestler, puts up huge numbers in small conference)
Muhammed Kromah, DE Totino Grace (Sleeper of the class, very raw but looks like a BT player already, might slip to NDSU/UNI like Perry did this year)

Good info, thanks. I will have to follow these guys this fall.

KTF
02-15-2009, 10:35 PM
My co-worker is on the KMS (Joel Baumann, Kerkhoven) athletic booster club. I will ask her about Joel to see what his plans are. At thought at one time she said he was going to wrestle for the gophers but that could have been Steinhaus, their talent laden QB. Will keep you posted!

WildBill
02-15-2009, 10:51 PM
My co-worker is on the KMS (Joel Baumann, Kerkhoven) athletic booster club. I will ask her about Joel to see what his plans are. At thought at one time she said he was going to wrestle for the gophers but that could have been Steinhaus, their talent laden QB. Will keep you posted!

Baumann's dad is a Gophers booster. He hasn't gotten an offer yet from the Gophers,but the interest is there

sambini
02-16-2009, 12:17 AM
Good point.
POUND THAT HALF FULL GLASS+++

sambini
02-16-2009, 12:19 AM

Muhammed Kromah, DE Totino Grace (Sleeper of the class, very raw but looks like a BT player already, might slip to NDSU/UNI like Perry did this year) Thanks Bryan for the info. What is Wayzata a linebacker factory?