PDA

View Full Version : Rumors on QB transfer to NDSU??

Pages : [1] 2

mercury743
02-13-2009, 05:25 PM
I live out of state, so I don't hear as much as I used to on the Bison. My son goes to Michigan and the rumor out of there is that Steve Threet (Soph QB) is transferring out. The Spread offense didn't work for him, but he would be great in a West Coast style offense. He's 6'5", great arm, and he can run if called upon.

The rumors are flying and they seem to have some foundation. This would be his second transfer (1st was Georgia Tech to Mich). So the speculation is that it would be an FCS school. NDSU has been mentioned in some of the Michigan forums. Oh, he's a good student, too.

Anything being said in Fargo?

CaBisonFan
02-13-2009, 05:28 PM
I live out of state, so I don't hear as much as I used to on the Bison. My son goes to Michigan and the rumor out of there is that Steve Threet (Soph QB) is transferring out. The Spread offense didn't work for him, but he would be great in a West Coast style offense. He's 6'5", great arm, and he can run if called upon.

The rumors are flying and they seem to have some foundation. This would be his second transfer (1st was Georgia Tech to Mich). So the speculation is that it would be an FCS school. NDSU has been mentioned in some of the Michigan forums. Oh, he's a good student, too.

Anything being said in Fargo?

Think I've seen him play. Could be another with the same name. Hope it's true. Man...we could use an infusion of experience and depth at QB. This would be heaven-sent. Everyone say a prayer.

The missing link in current Bison football...leadership & depth behind center. We get this...and the rest of the roster comes to life. It would actually help Nick Mertens, even if Nick starts, to have some of the weight of the world taken off. That's been a part of his problem. He knew that he was the only option, and felt the pressure. And competition never hurts.

BisonNeil
02-13-2009, 05:41 PM
I am on my way to mass as soon as I stop typing.........................

cbline
02-13-2009, 05:51 PM

See if you can fit in a Rosary or two while you are there!!!!!!!!

Bisonfan1
02-13-2009, 05:54 PM

Im digging up the preist that prayed for good weather for the "D Day" invasion, he must be in good with the lord. Anyone got a ground heater, just bent the shovel.

ndsubison1
02-13-2009, 05:59 PM
Steve Threet MY OH MY would that be awesome!

lakesbison
02-13-2009, 06:06 PM
P I P E ......... D R E A M

Bisonfan1
02-13-2009, 06:10 PM
Check it out :

Steven Threet*#10Quarterback
Height:6-6
Weight:230
Year:So./Fr.
Hometown:Adrian, Mich.
High School:Adrian

At Michigan ... received first letter in 2008 ... made eight starts at quarterback and played in 10 contests ... completed 102-of-210 passes for 1,105 yards and nine touchdowns ... 2008 Academic All-Big Ten Conference ... transferred from Georgia Tech prior to the start of fall camp in 2007 ... enrolled early at Georgia Tech in Jan. 2007.

Sophomore/Freshman (2008) ... earned first varsity letter ... Academic All-Big Ten ... played in 10 games and started eight contests at quarterback ... completed 102-of-210 passes for 1,105 yards and nine touchdowns ... completed 8-of-19 passes for 69 yards and one touchdown in his collegiate debut vs. Utah (Aug. 30) ... tossed a 33-yard touchdown pass to Junior Hemingway at 8:42 of the fourth quarter against the Utes ... earned first career start vs. Miami (Sept. 6), completing 6-of-13 passes for 63 yards ... scored first career rushing touchdown with a nine-yard score on the opening drive against the RedHawks ... connected on a 50-yard play to Martavious Odoms on the first offensive play against Miami ... completed 16-of-23 passes for a career-high 175 yards and one touchdown at Notre Dame (Sept. 13) ... connected with Sam McGuffie for a 40-yard touchdown with 1:56 remaining in the first quarter against the Irish ... had a 21-yard career long run in the Notre Dame game ... completed 12-of-31 attempts for 96 yards and one touchdown vs. Wisconsin (Sept. 27) ... tossed the first interceptions of his career in the Wisconsin game ... orchestrated an offense that overcame a 19-point deficit in the second half against the Badgers ... rushed nine times for a team-high 89 yards, including a 58-yard run to set up the game-winning touchdown ... completed 18-of 35 attempts for a career-high 250 yards and two touchdowns vs. Illinois (Oct. 4) ... passed for multiple touchdowns for first time in his career against the Fighting Illini ... found Greg Mathews for an 11-yard score in the corner of the endzone to give U-M a 14-3 lead ... hit Mathews again for a 31-yard connection to set up a two-yard TD pass to Mark Moundros ... completed 7-of-11 passes for 55 yards and one touchdown vs. Toledo (Oct. 11) ... connected with Brandon Minor for a 27-yard touchdown in the first quarter against the Rockets ... did not play in the second half against Toledo due to an elbow injury ... completed 9-of-13 passes for 84 yards at Penn State (Oct. 18) ... missed majority of second half due to elbow injury against the Nittany Lions ... converted 13-of-27 passes for 168 yards and one touchdown vs. Michigan State (Oct. 25) ... carried the ball 14 times for 19 yards and scored on a two-yard run against the Spartans ... completed 9-of-21 passes for 123 yards and two touchdowns at Purdue (Nov. 1) ... connected with Darryl Stonum for a 51-yard career long touchdown pass against Purdue ... did not see game action at Minnesota (Nov. 8) due to injury suffered against Purdue ... completed 4-of-7 passes for 22 yards vs. Northwestern (Nov. 15) ... did not travel to Ohio State (Nov. 22) due to injury sustained against Northwestern.

Freshman (2007)... did not see game action ... sat out as a transfer.

Prep... attended Adrian High School (2006) coached by Phil Jacobs ... class valedictorian ... National Honor Society member ... received Cliff Nelson Award for athletic and academic achievement ... Key Statistics... accumulated 1,896 passing yards and 20 touchdowns his senior season ... had 1,528 passing yards and 19 touchdowns as a junior ... threw for 1,400 yards and tossed 10 touchdowns sophomore year ... Honors and Rankings... four-star prospect and the No. 9 quarterback prospect nationally according to Rivals.com ... rated No. 12 quarterback in the nation by Scout.com ... listed as the 12th-best prospect in Michigan by both Rivals.com and Scout.com ... selected as the No. 44 prospect in the Midwest by SuperPrep ... member of Rivals250 ... named to The Detroit News Division II All-State first team ... honorable mention Class A All-State by Detroit Free Press... first-team All-Southeastern Conference and first-team All-Lenawee County as a sophomore, junior and senior ... Other Sports... varsity letterman in baseball and basketball ... named to All-Southeastern Conference Team in baseball his sophomore year.

Personal... Steven Charles Threet was born January 2, 1989 ... mother, Pam, graduated from the University of Michigan ... brother, Jay, played baseball at both Purdue and Bowling Green ... sister, Krissy, played softball at Eastern Michigan ... enrolled in the College of Literature, Science and the Arts.

NDSU1980
02-13-2009, 06:12 PM
This would be wonderful. Just in case it doesn't work out with Mohler, at least we have something to fall back on. I don't even want to think about another season with What's His Name throwing INT's.

cbline
02-13-2009, 06:18 PM
This would be wonderful. Just in case it doesn't work out with Mohler, at least we have something to fall back on. I don't even want to think about another season with What's His Name throwing INT's.

With BisonNeil going to Mass, all I can say is "Amen, Brother!!" when you mention INT's.

NDSU1980
02-13-2009, 06:37 PM
With BisonNeil going to Mass, all I can say is "Amen, Brother!!" when you mention INT's.

Maybe while he's at Mass, he could see how this guy is on the......"Hail Mary" pass?

bisonhusker
02-13-2009, 06:48 PM
This would be the greatest thing to happen to Bison football since UND scheduled another NAIA school yesterday. Sorry..........some of us haven't moved on....

Yeah, this would be huge.

MontBison
02-13-2009, 06:54 PM
I'm sorry you guys but I'm with lakes on this one, but I suppose it would be alright to dream. O GOD PLEASE PLEASE LET THIS BE TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!

roadwarrior
02-13-2009, 07:02 PM
I can see it now. A couple hundred posts on this thread about the guy, and he never sets foot in Fargo.

56BISON73
02-13-2009, 07:05 PM
I can see it now. A couple hundred posts on this thread about the guy, and he never sets foot in Fargo.

Of course if he doesnt come to NDSU we didnt want him anyway because of some small character flaw. :D
PL

Da_Bison
02-13-2009, 07:06 PM
this would be awesome, but lets get real, Steve Threet could play for practically any school in the country FBS or FCS

TransAmBison
02-13-2009, 07:15 PM
I guarantee you Lakes does not want him to come. He has his man-crush on Mertens for whatever reason. I agree he probably won't come, but the difference is I want him to.

Kermit
02-13-2009, 07:16 PM
this would be awesome, but lets get real, Steve Threet could play for practically any school in the country FBS or FCS

..and your point is? ;) :p :rofl:

Kermit
02-13-2009, 07:21 PM
I guarantee you Lakes does not want him to come. He has his man-crush on Mertens for whatever reason. I agree he probably won't come, but the difference is I want him to.

I guarantee you that if Threet does come, it will be because of Lakes' recruiting.

tony
02-13-2009, 07:29 PM

But that's never happened before! :biggrin:

unbison
02-13-2009, 08:12 PM
hey TA it is more of a bromance....... but he probably will wanna move down so he dont have to sit out again

bisonhusker
02-13-2009, 08:12 PM
I am digging heavy on my rivals account, and I can't get much, but there clearly is some talk about NDSU and this kid.

bisonhusker
02-13-2009, 08:16 PM
http://michigan.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=44954&sport=1

Check out the 4 star athlete coming out of high school. WOW.

TAILG8R
02-13-2009, 08:18 PM
Of course if he doesnt come to NDSU we didnt want him anyway because of some small character flaw. :D
PL

Those character flaws are only small if he comes to NDSU, otherwise they are huge. ;)

MontBison
02-13-2009, 08:28 PM
Holy Shit homeboys a giant.

CarringtonBison
02-13-2009, 08:32 PM
just my part to get this to 200 posts without him ever setting foot here. Probst.

SamsRams
02-13-2009, 09:59 PM
just my part to get this to 200 posts without him ever setting foot here. Probst.

Well here's my contribution to 200!!

I know everyone is saying he would go FCS, but let's not forget, this is a Michigan kid. Thus the superpower Grand Valley has to be thrown into the mix!!

He's a linky talking about Threet and his POSSIBLE transfer
http://www.maizenbrew.com/2009/2/13/758599/steven-threet-transferring

d3boys
02-13-2009, 10:05 PM
just remember the last big 10 transfer we got

NDSUstudent
02-13-2009, 10:12 PM
just remember the last big 10 transfer we got

The go who had one solid season followed by a Merten's esque season.

jugular
02-13-2009, 11:47 PM
I hope he's of the Graham Harrell, Juice Williams, Josh Freeman & Brian Brohm quality of 4-star Rivals QB recruits as opposed to Jake Chrisensen, Blake Barnes, Zach Fraser and my personal favorite, Harrison Beck.

http://michigan.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=44954&sport=1

Check out the 4 star athlete coming out of high school. WOW.

jugular
02-13-2009, 11:50 PM
Found this little blurb on him from summer of his SR of high school. I like the sound of it. And you know, he actually put up decent stats last year for a poor Michigan team running an offense that requires a pretty specialized QB. This blurb is from a former recruiting coordinator at Texas in the 90's.

"December grad who is committed to Georgia Tech. Definitely a "rhythm" passer both under center and in the gun. When he has a chance to set feet and get to the front foot on his throws, he really throws with some zip. Has a little slower release, which is typical for taller QB's, so won't be as effective if hurried. Throws a really nice ball. Can definitely "spin it"."

56BISON73
02-13-2009, 11:51 PM
I hope he's of the Graham Harrell, Juice Williams, Josh Freeman & Brian Brohm quality of 4-star Rivals QB recruits as opposed to Jake Chrisensen, Blake Barnes, Zach Fraser and my personal favorite, Harrison Beck.

Where did Christensen end up going? PL

jugular
02-14-2009, 12:23 AM
You know what, I haven't heard. I did hear once that he was going to finish out the spring at Iowa to graduate.

56BISON73
02-14-2009, 12:39 AM
You know what, I haven't heard. I did hear once that he was going to finish out the spring at Iowa to graduate.

Just read that myself. From what Ive read there are 4 teams looking at him.
But he has asked the NCAA for a waiver so he can play FBS right away as opposed to FCS. PL

jugular
02-14-2009, 02:43 AM
I have a hard time believing that he could not take part in spring ball at a school--whether it's FBS or FCS--and come in during the fall and start. Even if he goes there in the summer and does 7 on 7's, it's nowhere near the same as going full pads. Just a hunch, but I doubt the NCAA approves his request.

Just read that myself. From what Ive read there are 4 teams looking at him.
But he has asked the NCAA for a waiver so he can play FBS right away as opposed to FCS. PL

56BISON73
02-14-2009, 03:23 AM
I have a hard time believing that he could not take part in spring ball at a school--whether it's FBS or FCS--and come in during the fall and start. Even if he goes there in the summer and does 7 on 7's, it's nowhere near the same as going full pads. Just a hunch, but I doubt the NCAA approves his request.

There is a rule that allows a player to graduate from an FBS school and will allow him to go to graduate school at a different FBS school and play football if he has any eligibility left. May be thats what he is shooting for.
I think he only has one year left so he cant sit out a year for FBS hence the waiver. Or its FCS and no waiver is needed. PL

Gotta Earn It
02-14-2009, 04:44 AM
I am praying that he is the starting QB in Fargo when I come up on October 10!

SamsRams
02-14-2009, 04:55 AM
There is a rule that allows a player to graduate from an FBS school and will allow him to go to graduate school at a different FBS school and play football if he has any eligibility left. May be thats what he is shooting for.
From what I remember, this was a one year rule and I don't think is in place anymore.

I think he only has one year left so he cant sit out a year for FBS hence the waiver. Or its FCS and no waiver is needed. PL
He was a 2007 graduate, so the 09-10 season he would be a redshirt sophomore.

56BISON73
02-14-2009, 06:21 AM
From what I remember, this was a one year rule and I don't think is in place anymore.

He was a 2007 graduate, so the 09-10 season he would be a redshirt sophomore.

Christensen will be graduating this spring-summer. He has played 3 seasons so far so he has one year left. PL

UTH
02-14-2009, 10:51 AM
Those character flaws are only small if he comes to NDSU, otherwise they are huge. ;)

Finally, somebody understands.

I wonder why the wanderlust in this one, though...?

tjbison
02-14-2009, 12:13 PM
Gotta Earn It...your are a stupid F$%^&* and i think it's best that you Shut The F^&* UP I would really appreciate reading some none DUMB A$$ replies now and again thats all. So if you could provided me with something worth my time reading it would be grea.:blush:

easy problem to solve!

the IGNORE feature, you dont have to read his rambling panther turd stupidity unless someonr quotes him

IzzyFlexion
02-14-2009, 02:09 PM
Finally, somebody understands.

I wonder why the wanderlust in this one, though...?

Indeed. Happening twice raises a red flag.

56BISON73
02-14-2009, 03:31 PM
Indeed. Happening twice raises a red flag.

Even though it might seem strange, if one looks at how many jobs a person has held might put it in perspective.
There also seems to be more player movement recently as kids see that there chances to play are going to be limited depending on the style of O or D the team plays and or who may be in front of him.
May be the kid just hasnt found the right fit yet. The days of high profile kids coming in and riding the pine for 5 years is over.
PL

IzzyFlexion
02-14-2009, 03:52 PM
Even though it might seem strange, if one looks at how many jobs a person has held might put it in perspective.
There also seems to be more player movement recently as kids see that there chances to play are going to be limited depending on the style of O or D the team plays and or who may be in front of him.
May be the kid just hasnt found the right fit yet. The days of high profile kids coming in and riding the pine for 5 years is over.
PL
Could be the case. Certainly many of the characteristics of professional athletes have been cross breeding with the college kids a lot over the past few years. It seems like this "bouncing around from team to team in hopes of a better deal" is ramping up.

jugular
02-14-2009, 07:30 PM
Other than as an employer I might start to wonder if a potential employee was looking at his 3rd job in less than 3 years.

Unfortunately with a lot of these kids, the PARENTS are the ones that are the biggest problem. As a former college coach (not football), I dealt with it first hand. A lot of parents are just horrible.

PL

mercury743
02-15-2009, 02:08 PM
Just listened to a Michigan radio show on the internet. On the Threet transfer prospects...They are now saying that he may go through spring ball and see how it goes and then make his decison.

This makes sense. It's too late for him to get into another program now and make their spring practices, so he might as well finish the semester and compete in spring practice to see how he does against the two new QB recruits. He comes from Adrian about 30 miles from Ann Arbor. Plus, he's a 4.0 student and Mich does have an excellent academic rep. BUT...he wants to start and if he can't do it in Ann Arbor, then he may pull the plug. The Wolverines finish their spring ball on 11 APR. Good chance we won't here anymore on this topic till after that. I'll keep my radar on and keep you posted.

tjbison
02-15-2009, 02:11 PM
Just listened to a Michigan radio show on the internet. On the Threet transfer prospects...They are now saying that he may go through spring ball and see how it goes and then make his decison.

This makes sense. It's too late for him to get into another program now and make their spring practices, so he might as well finish the semester and compete in spring practice to see how he does against the two new QB recruits. He comes from Adrian about 30 miles from Ann Arbor. Plus, he's a 4.0 student and Mich does have an excellent academic rep. BUT...he wants to start and if he can't do it in Ann Arbor, then he may pull the plug. The Wolverines finish their spring ball on 11 APR. Good chance we won't here anymore on this topic till after that. I'll keep my radar on and keep you posted.

keep us posted!!

sambini
02-15-2009, 03:26 PM

Thanks for the info+++

mercury743
02-15-2009, 06:25 PM
Damn! Sounds like Eastern Michigan might be the insiders favorite on this. His family has connections with EMU as well as MIch. Ron English (former Mich DC) is the new head coach there. Would love to see Mr. Threet fading back and rolling out in Fargo. Stay tuned.

NDSUstudent
02-15-2009, 06:33 PM
Damn! Sounds like Eastern Michigan might be the insiders favorite on this. His family has connections with EMU as well as MIch. Ron English (former Mich DC) is the new head coach there. Would love to see Mr. Threet fading back and rolling out in Fargo. Stay tuned.

He has redshirted, so if goes to EMU he wastes a year on the bench and at an FCS he can of course play right away.

NDSUFan_Sav
02-15-2009, 07:49 PM
He has redshirted, so if goes to EMU he wastes a year on the bench and at an FCS he can of course play right away.

exactly, was going to post the same, and how i've understood from the beginning he isn't a fan of their offensive schemes and he wants to be a starter...so if a freshmen comes in and takes his starting job, would you really want to stay there? prob not when you can go to a FCS and start right away...if he does well in FCS he'll still get drafted...

being drafted shouldn't be on his mind, he wants to play and start if he can't do that at Michigan and to be able to play next fall he has to go to a FCS...Bomar went to a FCS and he should get drafted but we'll see there. I'm not saying he's coming to ndsu, but EMU would be out of the question if he wants to start....we'll just have to wait and see what happens. Maybe Michigan will say he could be the starter and he might stay because of that then get screwed later on...who knows.

tjbison
02-15-2009, 08:32 PM
exactly, was going to post the same, and how i've understood from the beginning he isn't a fan of their offensive schemes and he wants to be a starter...so if a freshmen comes in and takes his starting job, would you really want to stay there? prob not when you can go to a FCS and start right away...if he does well in FCS he'll still get drafted...

being drafted shouldn't be on his mind, he wants to play and start if he can't do that at Michigan and to be able to play next fall he has to go to a FCS...Bomar went to a FCS and he should get drafted but we'll see there. I'm not saying he's coming to ndsu, but EMU would be out of the question if he wants to start....we'll just have to wait and see what happens. Maybe Michigan will say he could be the starter and he might stay because of that then get screwed later on...who knows.

Flacco did quite well at Delaware and I believe he took a team called Baltimore to the playoffs!!;)

NDSUFan_Sav
02-15-2009, 09:00 PM
Flacco did quite well at Delaware and I believe he took a team called Baltimore to the playoffs!!;)

Yeah exactly Flacco is a stud, left Pitt to go to Deleware, and if Threet wants to play and find out in spring ball he's the back up, I could see him leaving for the FCS....not sure how NDSU got thrown into this but we'll see what happens

mercury743
02-16-2009, 03:38 AM
Sorry everyone, this is not looking good. Now the word is that Threet could decide as early as tomorrow. EMU is still what everyone is saying on the forum I belong to on Scout.com. One of the main moderators is saying it sounds like he's leaving Michigan. A little less sure of where he's going though. But all the talk among the posters there (and there's a lot of them) is that it's EMU. He would sit out a year and have two left. Whereas he could step right in and compete for the job with the Bison.

It's being said that his family wants him to stay with the Wolverines and get the great education (4.0...not sure of the major), but the young man loves football and wants to play. I talked to my son tonight in Ann Arbor. Among the students there he had heard also that NDSU was a possibility.

I'll keep my fingers crossed, knock on wood, and do my "transfer to the Bison" dance (not a pretty picture). Tomorrow morning I'll be hooked up to the Michigan Insider radio show on the internet and watch my Scout.com forum and let you all know when I know anything. GO BISON!!

unbison
02-16-2009, 04:51 AM
Hey fellas word on the street is treet is scared he couldnt beat out our boy mertens

mercury743
02-16-2009, 05:04 AM
OK. Here's the first news from the Detroit news. Angeligue is the Wolverine beat writer. The good news here is that he hasn't announced where he's going. However, I would think there would be some rumor in Fargo at this point in time.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090215/SPORTS0201/902150345/1131

aces1180
02-16-2009, 01:21 PM
This may be a dumb question and please forgive me if it is, but can coaches contact athletes who have received their release?

OldBison
02-16-2009, 02:23 PM
OK. Here's the first news from the Detroit news. Angeligue is the Wolverine beat writer. The good news here is that he hasn't announced where he's going. However, I would think there would be some rumor in Fargo at this point in time.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090215/SPORTS0201/902150345/1131

His dad says he has no idea where he is going.

http://www.freep.com/article/20090215/BLOG14/90216001

bisonhusker
02-16-2009, 04:06 PM
I think anyone can contact him after he has been granted his release. It is all over ESPN that he is out at Michigan. This would be a nice treat! or is it Threet?

missingnumber7
02-16-2009, 04:22 PM

Actually transfer stuff has been pretty hush hush.

aces1180
02-16-2009, 04:29 PM
I think anyone can contact him after he has been granted his release. It is all over ESPN that he is out at Michigan. This would be a nice treat! or is it Threet?

Thanks for the clarification.

ndsubison1
02-16-2009, 07:33 PM
they're about to talk about Steve Threet on College Footbal Live on ESPN soon, in case anybody is interested. They mentioned already that is he on his way out of Michigan. Maybe we'll get some questions answered...

coldspot
02-16-2009, 07:57 PM
they're about to talk about Steve Threet on College Footbal Live on ESPN soon, in case anybody is interested. They mentioned already that is he on his way out of Michigan. Maybe we'll get some questions answered...

didnt say much about where he planned to go. just talked about how this effects rich rod and michigan blah blah blah. espn sucks.

Kermit
02-16-2009, 08:27 PM
didnt say much about where he planned to go. just talked about how this effects rich rod and michigan blah blah blah. espn sucks.

If the kid himself doesn't know where he will go yet (as his dad told a Detroit newspaper today), how is ESPN supposed to tell us?

If Threet would end up at NDSU (I know..fantasy world), I would have mixed feelings about it. The reviews of his play last fall were decidedly mixed. Some Michigan fans don't think he would be a sure starter at a MAC school. Would he be great at a MVFC school? Without participating in spring ball? Then there is the little problem of bailing out on two teams already. Sure, he had his reasons in both cases, but they were HIS reasons. Is this a guy who will be a team leader? I don't know. He might turn out to be everybody's hero, but right now I'm a skeptic.

ndsubison1
02-16-2009, 08:31 PM
i would be willing to take a chance on this kid... some of the michigan posters on rivals think he would've still ended up the starter for next season...

Kermit
02-16-2009, 08:41 PM
I'm not saying I wouldn't take him, I am just saying that I don't think that he is a sure success at his next destination.

NDSUFan_Sav
02-16-2009, 09:13 PM
I'm not saying I wouldn't take him, I am just saying that I don't think that he is a sure success at his next destination.

Threet IS NOT meant for a spread offense... or georgia techs triple option offense...so how can you determine if he's bad because he's in a offense he isn't comfortable with....6'5 QB...i'd love for him to come here.

Kermit
02-16-2009, 09:22 PM
Threet IS NOT meant for a spread offense... or georgia techs triple option offense...so how can you determine if he's bad because he's in a offense he isn't comfortable with....

It is true that Threet was a square peg in a round hole trying to fit into Rich Rodriguez' spread offense. But there is a faction of UM fans who have criticized Threet's accuracy and decision making. In fact, there a threads on GoBlueWolverine that are strangely familiar to anyone who was hanging around Bisonville last fall.

56BISON73
02-16-2009, 09:31 PM

For some reason I think I would have to go with a kid who started 8 games for Michigan and give him a chance considering Mertens performance this past year.

Kermit
02-16-2009, 09:36 PM
For some reason I think I would have to go with a kid who started 8 games for Michigan and give him a chance considering Mertens performance this past year.

I will concede the point. :cheers:

Bison"FANatic"
02-16-2009, 09:46 PM

I'll agree with you there. It would be interesting to see what he could do in our offense as it is just the type he would fit into.

mercury743
02-16-2009, 09:51 PM
I'm a member at GoBlueWolverine and some of the posters here are right. Some of the criticism of Threet does parallel what some NDSU fans were saying about Mertens. But you have to remember that Rrod also had very little to work with in other positions. One of those was the Oline. Threet (and his counterpart Sheridan) was running for his life a lot of the time. With the right offense and team around him, I think he would flourish. I think Steve just realized that one of those two freshman QB's was going to take over, especially Tate Forcier. A drop back QB running a spread offense is going to be inaccurate.

Now that he's announced the transfer he can start talking to people. EMU is the hot posters favorite right now. They have a senior QB, Ron English (drop back QB offense) is the coach, Threet's older brother just finished school there (on the baseball team), and one of his best friends from high school football is a DT there. But I would LOVE to see the Bison slip in and steal him away.

I would think that if the Bison staff is talking to him that the rumor mill would start spinning up in N.Dak. soon.

NDSUFan_Sav
02-16-2009, 10:21 PM
I'm a member at GoBlueWolverine and some of the posters here are right. Some of the criticism of Threet does parallel what some NDSU fans were saying about Mertens. But you have to remember that Rrod also had very little to work with in other positions. One of those was the Oline. Threet (and his counterpart Sheridan) was running for his life a lot of the time. With the right offense and team around him, I think he would flourish. I think Steve just realized that one of those two freshman QB's was going to take over, especially Tate Forcier. A drop back QB running a spread offense is going to be inaccurate.

Now that he's announced the transfer he can start talking to people. EMU is the hot posters favorite right now. They have a senior QB, Ron English (drop back QB offense) is the coach, Threet's older brother just finished school there (on the baseball team), and one of his best friends from high school football is a DT there. But I would LOVE to see the Bison slip in and steal him away.

I would think that if the Bison staff is talking to him that the rumor mill would start spinning up in N.Dak. soon.

The big question is does he really want to sit out another year though? where as going to a FCS school he can get three seasons...am i right there? You'd think if he were to go to EMU and sit out a year he could probably find a better FBS school then EMU...so not really sure why he'd take a low end FBS school.

CarringtonBison
02-16-2009, 10:22 PM
"I can see it now. A couple hundred posts on this thread about the guy, and he never sets foot in Fargo."

just an update.... we are at post number 74 as of now. only 126 to go.

Bison"FANatic"
02-16-2009, 10:43 PM
"I can see it now. A couple hundred posts on this thread about the guy, and he never sets foot in Fargo."

just an update.... we are at post number 74 as of now. only 126 to go.

Isn't that what makes being a fan fun??!!!!!:D :D :D

OldBison
02-16-2009, 11:08 PM
he could probably find a better FBS school then EMU...so not really sure why he'd take a low end FBS school.

Punky's son did. Clint was what, a 4-star QB, opts out of verbal to Illinois, goes with his father, leaves after a year, playes JUCO and is not at Middle Tennessee State. Fairly low end I think.

jugular
02-17-2009, 01:00 AM
Just as an FYI, he did not leave Georgia Tech because of Paul Johnson's triple option. He left GT in the summer of 2007 and PJ wasn't hired until after the 2007 season. A lot of these kids live in an instant gratification world. If this is the case with Threet, this could definitely be a plus for us!!

Threet IS NOT meant for a spread offense... or georgia techs triple option offense...so how can you determine if he's bad because he's in a offense he isn't comfortable with....6'5 QB...i'd love for him to come here.

roadwarrior
02-17-2009, 02:12 AM
The envelope please..............

tjbison
02-17-2009, 02:40 AM
The envelope please..............

And the transfer goes to................................................ .........

DORMIE
02-17-2009, 02:55 AM
Talked to a coach today at the funeral of Bill Silver. He said that this athlete might have come challenges transfering and playing right away as UM is his second school.

rutlandbison
02-17-2009, 03:05 AM
What are the chances we actually get this kid??

roadwarrior
02-17-2009, 03:14 AM
Well we are still way short of the magical 200 posts (which is a kiss of death) so maybe there is still a long shot.

Kermit
02-17-2009, 01:07 PM
Toledo Blade: Rodriguez left Threet no choice but to leave.
http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090217/SPORTS17/902170426/-1/SPORTS

No mention of NDSU or any possible destination school.

WYOBISONMAN
02-17-2009, 01:30 PM
OK....here is my contribution to 200 posts. My god we are indeed depserate for something at QB.....:hide:

IzzyFlexion
02-17-2009, 01:38 PM
OK....here is my contribution to 200 posts. My god we are indeed depserate for something at QB.....:hide:

Are you that 100% sure that every poster is on board with that philosophy??
Let's see, I'm pretty sure that I can think of one conscientious objector.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV5ZONJ3o74

tjbison
02-17-2009, 05:20 PM

I'm with ya WYO!!

56BISON73
02-17-2009, 05:23 PM
I'm with ya WYO!!

Ditto!!! We need this kid!!!!!!!!

lakesbison
02-17-2009, 05:26 PM
YOU GUYS ARE ON CRACK.

MERTENS IS OUR GUY, STOP THE NONSENSE.

MICH. KID WILL NOT BE GOING TO NDSU.

THATS" like me going to arkansas for spring break. NEVER GONNA HAPPEN.

cbline
02-17-2009, 05:50 PM
YOU GUYS ARE ON CRACK.

After the 2008 season, many people will find the nearest bridge when they once again read "Mertens is our guy".

*Bisonrube
02-17-2009, 06:09 PM
YOU GUYS ARE ON CRACK.

I don't think we get this kid. We are "stuck" with Mertens. (I can hear the MVAC cheering as I write)

WYOBISONMAN
02-17-2009, 06:53 PM
YOU GUYS ARE ON CRACK.

The Michigan kid probably isn't coming, but.......Mertens is not our guy at all.

http://freeengineer.org/Fall2002BikeTrip/16_WelcomeToArkansas.jpghttp://www.x-trash.com/albums/ugly/ugly_woman.JPG

56BISON73
02-17-2009, 07:02 PM
The Michigan kid probably isn't coming, but.......Mertens is not our guy at all.

http://freeengineer.org/Fall2002BikeTrip/16_WelcomeToArkansas.jpghttp://www.x-trash.com/albums/ugly/ugly_woman.JPG

WYO
I was at a sport show two weekends ago in Jonesboro AR. My booth is right next to a guy selling fresh pork skins. Im sitting in my chair when I hear---"hey honey look at them skins" He says "yeah they sure do look good dont they" She says "yeah, we gotta get us some of them"

I thought I was gonna fall out of my chair. LOL

WYOBISONMAN
02-17-2009, 09:04 PM
WYO
I was at a sport show two weekends ago in Jonesboro AR. My booth is right next to a guy selling fresh pork skins. Im sitting in my chair when I hear---"hey honey look at them skins" He says "yeah they sure do look good dont they" She says "yeah, we gotta get us some of them"

I thought I was gonna fall out of my chair. LOL

My god....that is indeed a classic!:D

Tatanka
02-17-2009, 09:13 PM
OMG TAB!!! They found Jabba!!!!!
http://www.x-trash.com/albums/ugly/ugly_woman.JPG
Now all we need is a stack of form order forms and you're looking at one of our old staff meetings!!!!

* TAB will get it. The rest of you, maybe not so much. Sorry.

NDSU_grad
02-17-2009, 09:34 PM
I really don't think this thread can reach legendary status until lakes posts Nick Merten's high school stats...again.

NDSU1980
02-18-2009, 06:09 PM
YOU GUYS ARE ON CRACK.

Mertens has no chance to succeed just because he has no confidence in himself and few fans support him. For the good of the team Mertens needs to realize this. We can't, we just can't, endure another season of 3 INTs at every game. Let's face it, "Morse" Mertens telegraphs every pass he throws. Lets forget about Mertens and get some games won.

SDbison
02-18-2009, 06:59 PM
Mertens has no chance to succeed just because he has no confidence in himself and few fans support him. For the good of the team Mertens needs to realize this. We can't, we just can't, endure another season of 3 INTs at every game. Let's face it, "Morse" Mertens telegraphs every pass he throws. Lets forget about Mertens and get some games won.
Amen brother, Amen!

Kemo
02-18-2009, 07:08 PM
As a SDSU fan, I strangely want NDSU to get Threet from a football fan perspective. Two former U of Michigan QBs (Mondol for SDSU) facing off against each other for the Dakota Marker sounds like a great story line let alone the high probability that it would be a close game.

That being said, Mertens is probably going to be your starter again.

Mr. Burgundy
02-18-2009, 07:31 PM
As a SDSU fan, I strangely want NDSU to get Threet from a football fan perspective. Two former U of Michigan QBs (Mondol for SDSU) facing off against each other for the Dakota Marker sounds like a great story line let alone the high probability that it would be a close game.

That being said, Mertens is probably going to be your starter again.

I would say that comparing Mondol, a walk on at Michigan with zero college offers and Threet a 4 star who basically had the opportunity to pick his school is a bit much....not really saying they are being compared.....but Threet would be an instant difference maker. Again....I am not saying that we will get him, because we probably have a 1% chance....but it isn't like SDSU just got Tom Brady either.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?cid=529473

THEsocalledfan
02-18-2009, 07:34 PM
Am I the only one that thinks everyone who took the time to post on this thread has WAY to much time on their hands?

Here's a novel idea:

When he committs to NDSU, start a thread on him. I just wasted 10 minutes of my life that I will never get back. Figured he must have committed to have this many posts......

Tatanka
02-18-2009, 07:35 PM
Am I the only one that thinks everyone who took the time to post on this thread has WAY to much time on their hands?

Here's a novel idea:

When he committs to NDSU, start a thread on him. I just wasted 10 minutes of my life that I will never get back. Figured he must have committed to have this many posts......

100th post on this sorry thread!!!!!!!!!!!!! Couldn't have done it without you THEsocalledfan!!!

roadwarrior
02-18-2009, 07:53 PM
We are half way there!

jugular
02-18-2009, 08:28 PM
Thanks Burgundy...I didn't realize Doogie Howser's buddy Vinny ended up in Brookings. I wonder what Wanda is up to these days?

I would say that comparing Mondol, a walk on at Michigan with zero college offers and Threet a 4 star who basically had the opportunity to pick his school is a bit much....not really saying they are being compared.....but Threet would be an instant difference maker. Again....I am not saying that we will get him, because we probably have a 1% chance....but it isn't like SDSU just got Tom Brady either.

Kemo
02-18-2009, 10:05 PM

Wasn't really comparing the two, more or less referencing their similarity in choosing U of Michigan.

I don't think it is accurate to say Mondol had "zero college offers", as the rivals article says Mondol "did not have any offers after Signing Day", which more than likely means he held out on signing with one of the schools that offered before signing day, thinking he was going to a big time school, which never materialized. No inside information here, just seems to make sense that other schools would have been recruiting a kid that got a preferred walk on offer from Michigan, not to mention someone good enough to make that team.

I like it when both SDSU and NDSU have a lot on the line when they meet up, for it makes the game that much more interesting to watch. I feel having Threet at QB for the Bison would increase the likelihood of NDSU being in the running for the MVC championship, and therefore would make Dakota Maker game that much more fun.

WYOBISONMAN
02-18-2009, 10:13 PM
OK.....I will just throw up another post for the hell of it....we are getting closer to 200 posts about the guy that probably won't set foot on campus.....;)

lakesbison
02-18-2009, 10:54 PM
But please, by all means keep 'rippin' on sdsu,,,,,

SamsRams
02-18-2009, 10:58 PM
But please, by all means keep 'rippin' on sdsu,,,,,

More importantly. GOOOOOOOOO MERTENS!!!

lakesbison
02-18-2009, 11:03 PM
Merten's In 09"!!!
Holla!!!

Jose + Threet Can.battle For 2010

NDSU1980
02-18-2009, 11:52 PM
More importantly. GOOOOOOOOO MERTENS!!!

I agree. Go Mertens....................To South Dakota State. Don't they need an INT thrower?

NDSUFREAK
02-19-2009, 03:54 AM
ive been saying this since the beginning.:banghead: :banghead:

56BISON73
02-19-2009, 03:55 AM

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

CarringtonBison
02-19-2009, 03:57 AM
Holla..........112

BisonAccountant44
02-19-2009, 04:00 AM
Doing my part #113 :d

BisonAccountant44
02-19-2009, 04:01 AM
Oops don't know how that happened, but I guess I get 113 & 114 :D

Jdubs21
02-19-2009, 04:35 AM
that means 115 is for me ??? haha

TheDoctor
02-19-2009, 05:29 AM
that means 115 is for me ??? haha

Only if #116 is for me. ;)

ndsubison1
02-19-2009, 05:44 AM
117 and counting...

lakesbison
02-19-2009, 05:57 AM
STOP THIS CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MERTENS!!!!!!!!!!

p.s---- #118

NDSUstudent
02-19-2009, 06:14 AM
http://www.vinylempire.com/mxkits/MCKEOWN119.jpg

missingnumber7
02-19-2009, 07:21 AM
Did I hear 120?

NDSUFan_Sav
02-19-2009, 08:09 AM
Did I hear 120?

apparently 121 was calling my name.....It Did!!!!

steelbison
02-19-2009, 01:12 PM
apparently 121 was calling my name.....It Did!!!!

I'll take 122!!!

NDSU1980
02-19-2009, 01:14 PM
CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MERTENS!!!!!!!!!!

p.s---- #118

Now you got the picture. Crap and Mertens in the same post.

Tatanka
02-19-2009, 01:22 PM
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh163/bellasammich/Sigs%20Icons/Icons/Harry%20Potter/124.gif

Civil06
02-19-2009, 01:32 PM
Oooohhh I like counting! 125!!

heckler
02-19-2009, 02:11 PM
I have not contributed to 200 yet. Now I have.

bisonpride
02-19-2009, 02:33 PM
127....If we offer up a football autographed by Lakes as a lotto for the winning numbered post we could get this thing to at least 128... :rofl:

WYOBISONMAN
02-19-2009, 02:47 PM
I have not contributed to 200 yet. Now I have.

It is about time.....;)

unbison
02-19-2009, 03:00 PM
really counting your posts good stuff

bisonmike2
02-19-2009, 03:02 PM

I agree with you but...

We'll find out what kind of kid Mertens is. He will suck this fall if he spends the entire off season wallowing in the disappointment of last year. But, he's got a chance if he uses the off season to push himself harder, if he can learn from his mistakes. Some people would fold after having the season he just did and others might use it for motivation to get better. Hopefully he is the latter.

Kermit
02-19-2009, 03:06 PM
I haven't come across any solid info on where Threet may end up. One poster on GoBlueWolverine mentioned a rumor that Threet would transfer to North Dakota State--using this thread on Bisonville as a source!! :rofl: :rofl:

I've seen weak rumors that have mentioned Alabama, Tulsa, Eastern Michigan, Saginaw State, and yes, drumroll please..Grand Valley State!

A poster in the comments section of an article in the Michigan Daily left a plea for him to come to the University of Montana..but no mention of Threet's name as of last night on eGriz.

And yes, I have too much time on my hands this week. #131

BadlandsBison
02-19-2009, 03:29 PM
This morning a homeless guy on the street said that UND has been talking to Threet. Sounds like Threet is interested. He likes the fact the whole town comes out to watch them play, and that the retractible roof is starting to be built in GF.

bisonmike2
02-19-2009, 03:41 PM
This morning a homeless guy on the street said that UND has been talking to Threet. Sounds like Threet is interested. He likes the fact the whole town comes out to watch them play, and that the retractible roof is starting to be built in GF.

+++Post of the Day+++

cbline
02-19-2009, 03:53 PM
In the Spirit of "Ferris Bueller's Day Off": My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw that quarterback at Buffalo Wild Wings by the Fargo Dome last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

tony
02-19-2009, 04:21 PM
Exciting news! I just read on one of my interwebs that somebody heard that his best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw that quarterback at Buffalo Wild Wings by the Fargo Dome last night!

That QB is as good as here!
----
And, to be contrarian, plenty of QBs improve a whole lot their second season starting. Go Mertens! I'm rooting for ya!

unbison
02-19-2009, 04:22 PM
did you hear that from lakes

Bison"FANatic"
02-19-2009, 04:26 PM
Not just 200 post but we are closing in on 10,000 views.

We need a Bison Threet.:D :D :D

bisonhusker
02-19-2009, 04:33 PM
I hope he goes to Central Michigan and forces AJ to transfer back to us in two years so we can have a thread about how "AJ may transfer to NDSU."

NDSUFan_Sav
02-19-2009, 04:57 PM
might as well get back on track here.....

Holla at 139

UTH
02-19-2009, 05:04 PM
140!!!1!

Just do it today so Bisonville can move on to the next QB rumor.:D Seriously - has any credible source been found anywhere to back this up???

BlueBisonRock
02-19-2009, 05:22 PM
I was hoping for #200, but will take #141. Lets get to the obligatory number of posts and move to the next rumor / debate / 'lets get it done' reference.

*Bisonrube
02-19-2009, 05:40 PM
I hope he goes to Central Michigan and forces AJ to transfer back to us in two years so we can have a thread about how "AJ may transfer to NDSU."

+++++Now that is good stuff

TransAmBison
02-19-2009, 05:45 PM
Arghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! MERTENS FOR PRESIDENT!!!!!!!*

*That'd be #143

Tatanka
02-19-2009, 05:47 PM
To answer UTH: No credible anything as far as I can tell. Interweb rumor at its finest. :nod:

Seriously though why would this guy even consider NDSU? I mean it's not even the largest engineering school in teh state, and our nickname isn't being voted on anytime soon.

*w00t. 145.

NDSU1980
02-19-2009, 05:47 PM
How about we start a "Mertens is transfering to ___________" thread. Heck, we can dream can't we?

TransAmBison
02-19-2009, 05:49 PM
Mertens is transferring?????!!!!!!!

56BISON73
02-19-2009, 05:52 PM
Mertens is transferring?????!!!!!!!

Yep It looks like Michigan needs a QB. :D

SDbison
02-19-2009, 05:58 PM
Yeah, why would any FBS QB with experience want to transfer to NDSU since Mertens is already here (Lakes already said Mertens would start in front of Threet so why bother)!

NDSU1980
02-19-2009, 06:16 PM
Yep It looks like Michigan needs a QB. :D

I've already called the moving truck. Do you think Lakes is going with him?

56BISON73
02-19-2009, 06:19 PM
I've already called the moving truck. Do you think Lakes is going with him?

May be the kiss of death should stay home.:D But he could always be his agent when he makes it big at Michigan.

CaBisonFan
02-19-2009, 07:03 PM
I heard on KTLA that Sanchez is bored with the USC program and is thinking about tranfering. He'd like to get to a higher-profile program.:D

bisonaudit
02-19-2009, 07:04 PM
More of these posts are about how many posts have been posted.

I'm going to start a seperate counting thread directly in the commons.

Civil06
02-19-2009, 07:08 PM
I heard on KTLA that Sanchez is bored with the USC program and is thinking about tranfering. He'd like to get to a higher-profile program.:D

You're absolutely correct. He already decided to transfer to the NFL.:nod:

Kermit
02-19-2009, 07:27 PM
140!!!1!

Just do it today so Bisonville can move on to the next QB rumor.:D Seriously - has any credible source been found anywhere to back this up???

Threet announced he is transferring--that is a done deal. He doesn't know where he is going next. Absolutely nothing credible to indicate that he has even heard of NDSU.

coldspot
02-19-2009, 07:30 PM
Threet announced he is transferring--that is a done deal. He doesn't know where he is going next. Absolutely nothing credible to indicate that he has even heard of NDSU.

you mean to tell me the wishful thinking of some ndsu fans isnt credible?

Kermit
02-19-2009, 07:58 PM
you mean to tell me the wishful thinking of some ndsu fans isnt credible?

Well, a Michigan fan did use this thread as a source for a rumor that Threet might be coming to NDSU..does that count? :D :rofl:

MontBison
02-19-2009, 08:45 PM
Ok just for the sake of stiring the pot a little and making more far fetched comments how bout we roll with this. The qb for mont. st Cody Kempt was a transfer from Oregon and he was more painfull to watch last year than Mertens. So how successful would this guy even be? I know he has a hell of a frame but how far does that go? I know this is all irrelevant but maybe it'll stir some discussion.

Kermit
02-19-2009, 09:21 PM
So how successful would this guy even be? I know he has a hell of a frame but how far does that go? I know this is all irrelevant but maybe it'll stir some discussion.

I think that is an excellent question. On the one hand, Threet is 6'5", 220 pounds. He was a 4-star recruit coming out of high school. He started 8 games for Michigan last year (only won 1) and led a come-from-behind victory against Wisconsin. Any problems he had could be attributed to being in a spread offense that was a very poor fit for his skill set. If he wanted to come to NDSU, there is no way the Bison could say no. It's not like he would be displacing Steve Walker.

On the other hand, some of the Michigan fans who watched him play are saying that he is not a good decision maker and that he is very inaccurate. They point out that inability to complete a screen pass consistently can't be blamed on the spread offense. He is transferring for a second time--is he a leader and a team guy?

I don't have the answers, but every quarterback who transfers from FBS to FCS is not a Rhett Bomar. It would be fun to see how this worked out. My guess (based on absolutely nothing) is that he will either transfer to another FBS school or he will stay in the state of Michigan.

tjbison
02-19-2009, 10:25 PM
Its all mine that mighty #159!!!!!!!!!!

NDSUFan_Sav
02-19-2009, 11:07 PM
cannnnnnnnn i heeeeeeeeeeeear 160????

OHHH THE FANS GO WILD chanting 160 160 160

Mr. Burgundy
02-20-2009, 12:32 AM

I think this thread should easily get us over 200 posts. There is a post on there from an Ohio State fan that said he received a note from a U of Michigan fan saying he will chose NDSU......

lakesbison
02-20-2009, 12:34 AM
The power of,LAKES and BISONVILLE.......thats my cousin on the michigan board...holla!!!!

Jdubs21
02-20-2009, 12:36 AM
163!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Burgundy
02-20-2009, 12:55 AM
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=145&f=3154&t=3945019&p=1

Jeezez............My fault, I posted the wrong link. This is actually fairly legit. There are Ohio State fans saying he is going to NDSU.

Mr. Burgundy
02-20-2009, 12:56 AM
The post is by CLTBuckeye and the guy has like 6,000 posts. I am hoping he knows something we don't know.

rutlandbison
02-20-2009, 02:07 AM
Here is my post

Bisonfan1
02-20-2009, 02:22 AM
2009 Will Be A Treat With Threet !!!!!!!!!! :nod:

Thunder_Struck
02-20-2009, 02:38 AM
The post is by CLTBuckeye and the guy has like 6,000 posts. I am hoping he knows something we don't know.

And Lakes has 5,000+

roadwarrior
02-20-2009, 02:41 AM
Threet better announce tomorrow or it will be too late, as this thread will be past 200 posts by then.

NDSUstudent
02-20-2009, 02:44 AM
http://www.jjhuddle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185943&highlight=threet

The guy who posted it has 7,000 posts if it makes any difference.;)

I'm hearing a lot of sources say Threet to NDS.

It would make sense. That would give him the ability to play right away.

I've read that Forcier intimidates a lot of guys. That's why Beaver left for Tulsa.

mercury743
02-20-2009, 02:49 AM
I've been checking my GoBlueWolverine forum every day and haven't seen any new news on where Mr. Threet might be transferring to. I'll keep watching.

ndsubison1
02-20-2009, 02:51 AM
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=145&f=3154&t=3945019&p=1

Jeezez............My fault, I posted the wrong link. This is actually fairly legit. There are Ohio State fans saying he is going to NDSU.

So you're saying there's a chance?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5jNnDMfxA

BigBison
02-20-2009, 03:28 AM
Coming here would be a very smart move by this kid. Co'Mon Threet.

STOP posting on here!!! If we hit 200 isn't that bad luck or something? :D

But the thing is, is what the hell would OSU fans know about this before Michigan fans.

ndsubison1
02-20-2009, 03:40 AM
Coming here would be a very smart move by this kid. Co'Mon Threet.

STOP posting on here!!! If we hit 200 isn't that bad luck or something? :D

But the thing is, is what the hell would OSU fans know about this before Michigan fans.

They love that he's transferring...

WYOBISONMAN
02-20-2009, 03:42 AM
Number 175......come on kid....NDSU is where you want to be!!!!!

UTH
02-20-2009, 03:49 AM
176... 24 to go... 1 hour and 10 minutes remain in the day... Where's lakes when you need him? Letz DO THIS!!!!

Kermit
02-20-2009, 03:50 AM
This is classic! Now the Jacks fans are starting to worry about the impending transfer:
http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread.php?p=109749#post109749

:rofl:

ndsubison1
02-20-2009, 04:02 AM
This is classic! Now the Jacks fans are starting to worry about the impending transfer:

The Bunny fans think we started this rumor, which is untrue...

NDSUstudent
02-20-2009, 04:07 AM

I posted a thread that was from the same timeframe but here it is again for all the lurking bunny fans...

Steven Threet to transfer to North Dakota State ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
Trueblue23 Yesterday 08:38 AM
by 4thn4ever 84 1,924

http://www.jjhuddle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=321&order=desc

lakesbison
02-20-2009, 04:08 AM
Screw You Bunny Turds!!

CarringtonBison
02-20-2009, 04:09 AM
181.....my post of the day. At state wrestling in Fargo-some pretty good stuff today.

Hope to see this guy transfer and give us some more hope-competition is never a bad thing. Even if he may not beat out Mertens, he will push him to be better and give us an alternative if Nick were to go down or if he were ineffective.

edited-sorry wrong number, was too slow in hitting the submit button. since when does cauliflower ear impair the ability to read. it is actually all the beers that is doing it. :)

lakesbison
02-20-2009, 04:10 AM
its at 182.. you need to refresh.

dam. you got Cauliflower ear or something??

TransAmBison
02-20-2009, 04:12 AM
179.....my post of the day. At state wrestling in Fargo-some pretty good stuf today.

Hope to see this guy transfer and give us some more hope-competition is never a bad thing. Even if he may not beat out Mertens, he will push him to be better and give us an alternative if Nick were to go down or if he were ineffective.
:rofl: :rofl: stop...you are killing me :rofl: :rofl:

Da_Bison
02-20-2009, 06:27 AM

Kevin
02-20-2009, 07:17 AM
Just doin' my part. #185.

tony
02-20-2009, 10:48 AM
186! And I have consulted the highest possible source and things are looking good!

http://strosbro.mlblogs.com/photos/uncategorized/15_1.gif

larson311
02-20-2009, 12:23 PM
Dumbest thread ever! #187

mebisonII
02-20-2009, 01:01 PM
My sources tell me he is coming to NDSU....as the new kicker.

(ps, #188)

17>1
02-20-2009, 01:02 PM
Dumbest thread ever! #187

Agreed. Every time I see a new post in this thread I get my hopes up about this kid coming here, and then it's just another number. #189 it seems.

BisonCardinal
02-20-2009, 01:09 PM
Trade Mertens for Threet, straight up. #190

tcbison
02-20-2009, 01:09 PM
Might as well join in.

lakesbison
02-20-2009, 01:10 PM
HE"S COMING!!!! ....... to some college town...

Herd80
02-20-2009, 01:28 PM
OK, then. 193.

Tatanka
02-20-2009, 01:40 PM
w00t. 194.

Civil06
02-20-2009, 01:43 PM
How many nerds want to be #200?:)

*Bisonrube
02-20-2009, 01:47 PM
How many nerds want to be #200?:)

#200 gets to join Threet and Bohl on their tour of NDSU...and also be on his float in the Parade!!

coldspot
02-20-2009, 01:50 PM
i might just post whore this thread so i can have number 200. i wanna go on that tour with bohl and threet. that would be a treat (see what i did there?)

Civil06
02-20-2009, 01:51 PM
Almost there....http://alexplorer.net/guitar/text/guitar/porkins.jpg

aces1180
02-20-2009, 01:54 PM
Cherry picking...............

aces1180
02-20-2009, 01:55 PM
.................200! What do I win?

IzzyFlexion
02-20-2009, 02:42 PM
.................200! What do I win?

670 tickets to the Independent National Basketball Championship Tournament.

sambini
02-20-2009, 03:07 PM
And a grinder from the Red Pepper+++

aces1180
02-20-2009, 03:28 PM
Sign me up for both...the actually value of that prize would be $6.991

$6.99 for the grinder, 1/1000 of a cent for the tickets ;)

CaBisonFan
02-20-2009, 05:38 PM
247............:cool:

Went to high school in Mayville. My area of concentration was basketball, music, girls, girls, and girls....in no particular order. Oh shit...girls came first.

Comment: If this 'dream' transfer actually happened, who thinks that he wouldn't overtake Nick on the depth chart...in a heartbeat? I think that it would take about 5 minutes.

Another question: Did Threet start some for Michigan? It almost seems like I've watched him play...or is there another QB in the FBS with the same last name?

tjbison
02-20-2009, 05:46 PM

Went to high school in Mayville. My area of concentration was basketball, music, girls, girls, and girls....in no particular order. Oh shit...girls came first.

Comment: If this 'dream' transfer actually happened, who thinks that he wouldn't overtake Nick on the depth chart...in a heartbeat? I think that it would take about 5 minutes.

Another question: Did Threet start some for Michigan? It almost seems like I've watched him play...or is there another QB in the FBS with the same last name?

CA yours was 204;)

and mine is #205

CaBisonFan
02-20-2009, 06:02 PM
CA yours was 204;)

and mine is #205

Dammit....I knew that I messed up the addin'

NDSU1980
02-20-2009, 06:17 PM
Trade Mertens for Threet, straight up. #190

Hey, maybe we could do like they do in baseball. Trade Mertens and a fan to be named later for Threet.

aces1180
02-20-2009, 06:29 PM
Hey, maybe we could do like they do in baseball. Trade Mertens and a fan to be named later for Threet.

Lakes!!!!!

coloradobison
02-20-2009, 06:35 PM

He started 8 games last year for Michigan and only won 1. I believe he played in 10 and got hurt the last week or so. I'm not sure if he'd pass Mertens right away but I know that it would allow for the play calling to diversify a little as they wouldnt be as horrified of an injury to Mertens.

ndsubison1
02-20-2009, 07:38 PM

The minute he says (if) he's transfering to NDSU he would overtake Nick on the depth-chart...

rutlandbison
02-20-2009, 07:58 PM
The minute he says (if) he's transfering to NDSU he would overtake Nick on the depth-chart...
He could whisper NDSU and I think he would overtake Mertens.

211!!

roadwarrior
02-20-2009, 08:00 PM
And the decision is: he joined Bisonville! - LOL

rutlandbison
02-20-2009, 08:06 PM
And the decision is: he joined Bisonville! - LOL
After that he decided to come to NDSU.......... and not play football.

tjbison
02-20-2009, 09:20 PM
I was thinking about this today, yeah i know lots to do at work;) , but B-10 players probably find our conference favorable to look at when thinking about a transfer to FCS, mainly because of location. We play in Ohio, Illinois, Indiana, and Iowa, every year, pretty much the same footprint the B-10 schools have, so its not totally out of the question if this kids thought about the FCS and NDSU runs the offense that fits him!

oh yeah #214:D

Steven Threet
02-21-2009, 09:54 AM
Hi guys, I just wanted to give you an update on my situation. I am definitely going to transfer schools. Currently, I am considering North Dakota State, North Dakota, USC, Alabama, Notre Dame, Eastern Michigan, Grand Valley State, and a few others. I may also skip my sophomore, junior, and senior years and go directly to the NFL, or possibly the FM Liberty.

NDSU and UND are currently my favorites. NDSU has a lot going for it, especially great fans like Lakesbison! BTW, I want to thank Lakes for the invitation to live with him and supply me with "bitches" if I attend NDSU, but I think that might be an NCAA violation.

UND is going to be hard to turn down. They are building a retractable-roof stadium and they are planning annual trips to Hawaii and stuff. If I go there, I'll probably change my major to engineering, because they have the top engineering school in the world or something like that. Plus they have hockey.

I'll keep you guys informed. P.S. This thread is awesome! I'm #215!

PPS. Please don't tell the coaches at UND that I'm really not Steven Threet.

AEBison1998
02-21-2009, 11:12 AM
I don't care who you are...that there was funny!!!!!!!

NDSU_grad
02-21-2009, 12:48 PM
Do any of you guys know of a thread on here where I can just post meaningless drivel to pad my post count?

Bisonfan1
02-21-2009, 01:04 PM
Possibly this one, or maybe this one, or that other one. The Threet thing above had me laughing this morning. Good Stuff.

Jdubs21
02-21-2009, 01:34 PM
Its official he is going to verbal saturday!!!!! i know this because i asked my magic 8ball :)

admin
02-21-2009, 02:20 PM
Hi guys, I just wanted to give you an update on my situation. I am definitely going to transfer schools. Currently, I am considering North Dakota State, North Dakota, USC, Alabama, Notre Dame, Eastern Michigan, Grand Valley State, and a few others. I may also skip my sophomore, junior, and senior years and go directly to the NFL, or possibly the FM Liberty.

NDSU and UND are currently my favorites. NDSU has a lot going for it, especially great fans like Lakesbison! BTW, I want to thank Lakes for the invitation to live with him and supply me with "bitches" if I attend NDSU, but I think that might be an NCAA violation.

UND is going to be hard to turn down. They are building a retractable-roof stadium and they are planning annual trips to Hawaii and stuff. If I go there, I'll probably change my major to engineering, because they have the top engineering school in the world or something like that. Plus they have hockey.

Quoted because even the Angry Elf laughed.

lakesbison
02-21-2009, 03:04 PM
Threet... YOUR PUBLIC PROFILE SUCKS!!

DONT COME HERE!!

ndsubison1
02-21-2009, 05:06 PM

lol, if this really was Threet, it would make this quote that much funnier...

Leonardite
02-21-2009, 07:35 PM

That is the funniest thing I've read in quite some time

CaBisonFan
02-22-2009, 09:50 PM
Funniest part? UND

mercury743
02-25-2009, 12:29 PM
OK, here's the latest that I've heard. A Michigan insider has said he's been told (not speculation, told) that Threet is thinking now that he doesn't want to sit out another year. Hmmm...that means 1AA or smaller. Not sure if the Bison want him, but he's still out there.

Bison"FANatic"
02-25-2009, 02:14 PM
Don't toy with us Mercury;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D :D

Hope is a nasty thing to give and then have it yanked away.

unbison
02-25-2009, 02:39 PM
dont worry we got slic

SDbison
02-25-2009, 08:41 PM
OK, here's the latest that I've heard. A Michigan insider has said he's been told (not speculation, told) that Threet is thinking now that he doesn't want to sit out another year. Hmmm...that means 1AA or smaller. Not sure if the Bison want him, but he's still out there.
So NDSU coaches could contact Threet now since he has officially left Michigan.....correct? If so, I sure as hell hope calls, meetings and a campus visit have already been set up! Any inside info Bisonville??????

Steven Threet
02-25-2009, 08:58 PM
Threet... YOUR PUBLIC PROFILE SUCKS!!

Lakes, my man! I think you might have misinterpreted the true meaning of my profile. I have updated it, and I hope it now meets your approval.
-ST

Steven Threet
02-25-2009, 09:12 PM
So NDSU coaches could contact Threet now since he has officially left Michigan.....correct? If so, I sure as hell hope calls, meetings and a campus visit have already been set up! Any inside info Bisonville??????

I am DYING to let you guys know about all of the details, but it is all at a sensitive stage. Shhh..

I can tell you that I had another talk with one of the UND coaches. I was disappointed to learn that the retractable roof stadium is not yet under construction. For now, their games are played in (I'm not sure I heard this right..) "the Hilarious Center." He tried to send me some pictures of the place, but all I received were some pictures of what appeared to be an airplane hangar. I guess that is understandable, because UND's aviation program is almost on par with their world-class engineering program.

Grand Valley State has invited me for a visit. I am currently looking for a part-time job so I can pay my way for that trip. They think that if they get me, the have a chance to compete with UMD in the near future!

Northern Iowa contacted me and it sounded pretty good, but then I got a text from some guy named "Gotta Earn It." Scary dude. Plus I found out that the school is actually in Iowa.

I still think NDSU might be a good fit. I do want to go to a place where I can compete for the starting QB. From what I've been hearing from Lakesbison about Nick Mertens, it sounds like that might not be possible at NDSU, so I'm just not sure.

#230!

TheDoctor
02-25-2009, 09:24 PM

Unless he means that he wants to renig on his request to leave in the first place! :rofl: ;)

fargocyclone
02-25-2009, 11:30 PM
I am DYING to let you guys know about all of the details, but it is all at a sensitive stage. Shhh..

I can tell you that I had another talk with one of the UND coaches. I was disappointed to learn that the retractable roof stadium is not yet under construction. For now, their games are played in (I'm not sure I heard this right..) "the Hilarious Center." He tried to send me some pictures of the place, but all I received were some pictures of what appeared to be an airplane hangar. I guess that is understandable, because UND's aviation program is almost on par with their world-class engineering program.

Grand Valley State has invited me for a visit. I am currently looking for a part-time job so I can pay my way for that trip. They think that if they get me, the have a chance to compete with UMD in the near future!

Northern Iowa contacted me and it sounded pretty good, but then I got a text from some guy named "Gotta Earn It." Scary dude. Plus I found out that the school is actually in Iowa.

I still think NDSU might be a good fit. I do want to go to a place where I can compete for the starting QB. From what I've been hearing from Lakesbison about Nick Mertens, it sounds like that might not be possible at NDSU, so I'm just not sure.

#230!

I just gave Threet his first lit box! This has to be the lowest number of posts for an account to reach the lit tic tacs ever!

lakesbison
02-26-2009, 03:54 AM
DUDE... I was in milwaukee... why didnt I just go across the michigan lake..... dammit UNBISON!!! its all your fault!!

anyways.... public profile is better...

oh hey, did you hear that UND is "BRINGIN ON THE COMPETITION" ??

U of Sioux Falls...ahhh... U of Sioux Falls.....ahhh...yeah..

BigBison
02-26-2009, 04:28 AM
I didnt know Sioux Falls has a university.

coldspot
02-26-2009, 04:31 AM

http://www.usfcougars.com/

the defending NAIA football champions.

devin45k
02-26-2009, 08:30 AM
It would be cool to get a good transfer.

The fans dont want Mertens in. Jose Mohler is the only other guy we got and hes only a red-shirted freshmen.

T jack wasnt very impressive the very short time we saw him play last year.

CaBisonFan
02-26-2009, 04:50 PM

It's either Sioux Falls College or University. When I lived in Brookings it was Sioux Falls College, known for pretty good academics. They've made some inroads with their athletics lately. It's always been pretty small.

Augustana and SFC don't like each other very much.

I've always thought that it's strange that Sioux Falls or Rapid City didn't get at least one of the universities. Like a lot of states, the bigger cities had the option...but chose to have the state prison. No way that Vermillion should have USD. It'd be like Mayville having NDSU or UND...a little bigger...but not by much. I grew up in Mayville, so it's nothing against that kind of town. But they're not major university towns.

Kemo
02-26-2009, 07:49 PM
It's either Sioux Falls College or University. When I lived in Brookings it was Sioux Falls College, known for pretty good academics. They've made some inroads with their athletics lately. It's always been pretty small.

Augustana and SFC don't like each other very much.

I've always thought that it's strange that Sioux Falls or Rapid City didn't get at least one of the universities. Like a lot of states, the bigger cities had the option...but chose to have the state prison. No way that Vermillion should have USD. It'd be like Mayville having NDSU or UND...a little bigger...but not by much. I grew up in Mayville, so it's nothing against that kind of town. But they're not major university towns.

It use to be Sioux Falls College but they changed it to the University of Sioux Falls in the mid 90s. USF's campus is incredibly close to Augustana, so much so they could consolidate and students would still have the option to walk to class.

As for their football team, they have been to the NAIA National Championship game 3 years in a row, winning 2 of them. Most of their players are unheralded South Dakota kids along with upper division transfers (which they get a fair amount of, mostly because of the NAIA's lighter academic and eligibility standards and their traditional "powerhouse" status in NAIA football). UND, however, should still beat them, though the team that should win doesn't always follow through :nod:

NDSU1980
02-27-2009, 12:17 AM

Hey Merc, I sent you a PM. Not sure if you saw it the last time you were in. Probably a long shot, but you never know, it's a small world.

BisoninNWMN
02-27-2009, 12:30 AM
It use to be Sioux Falls College but they changed it to the University of Sioux Falls in the mid 90s. USF's campus is incredibly close to Augustana, so much so they could consolidate and students would still have the option to walk to class.

As for their football team, they have been to the NAIA National Championship game 3 years in a row, winning 2 of them. Most of their players are unheralded South Dakota kids along with upper division transfers (which they get a fair amount of, mostly because of the NAIA's lighter academic and eligibility standards and their traditional "powerhouse" status in NAIA football). UND, however, should still beat them, though the team that should win doesn't always follow through :nod:

I say, USF by 10......game will probably draw 6-7k...maybe!!

Jdubs21
02-28-2009, 02:54 PM
Wasn't "Bring on the Competition" our motto one season?

HerdBot
03-01-2009, 06:16 AM

In all fairness - it's a little different when you don't have anything to play for. We're not in transition hell any more. The new motto is more like, "Bring on the MVC or the playoffs!"

99Bison
03-01-2009, 06:41 AM

Um, it's kind of our motto in general... Check out the N end of the BSA above the now offices.

tjbison
03-01-2009, 07:55 AM
:nod:
Um, it's kind of our motto in general... Check out the N end of the BSA above the now offices.

Yeah its been the same for some time, keep the tradition rolling!!!!:nod:

Steven Threet
03-03-2009, 09:25 PM
Hi guys, just wanted to give you a quick update on my recruiting. I had almost crossed UND off my list--then I read this interview with another kid who recently signed with the Sioux:
http://minnesotapreps.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=919426

This was the part that caught my eye:

MP: Why did you choose UND?

BT: ..People say there is nothing to do, but I think otherwise. Plus there is an amazing restaurant I went to..

I got back in touch with UND and found out they took this kid to a place called the Red Pepper. They are now going to ship me something called a "grinder kit." If it is really good, UND will be back on the list. I've always been more of a Sonic guy though. I'll probably pick a school close to a Sonic..do they have one near NDSU?

TheDoctor
03-03-2009, 11:07 PM
Hi guys, just wanted to give you a quick update on my recruiting. I had almost crossed UND off my list--then I read this interview with another kid who recently signed with the Sioux:
http://minnesotapreps.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=919426

This was the part that caught my eye:

I got back in touch with UND and found out they took this kid to a place called the Red Pepper. They are now going to ship me something called a "grinder kit." If it is really good, UND will be back on the list. I've always been more of a Sonic guy though. I'll probably pick a school close to a Sonic..do they have one near NDSU?

Unfortunatley buddy, we have NO Sonics anywhere near the state of ND let alone Fargo or GF. I hope this doesn't ultimately decide your fate in Fargo. We do have Jimmy Johns ON CAMPUS now. The only one in the state I believe. Do you like Jimmy Johns??? ;)

tjbison
03-04-2009, 02:18 AM
Unfortunatley buddy, we have NO Sonics anywhere near the state of ND let alone Fargo or GF. I hope this doesn't ultimately decide your fate in Fargo. We do have Jimmy Johns ON CAMPUS now. The only one in the state I believe. Do you like Jimmy Johns??? ;)

Hey there is also a JJ by Home Depot!;)

Tatanka
03-04-2009, 02:21 AM
This thread is still alive? :paperbag:

TheDoctor
03-04-2009, 02:32 AM

Ok, I learn something new everyday! ;)

roadwarrior
03-04-2009, 02:36 AM

And its been there for at least two years.