PDA

View Full Version : Perles to KC Chiefs?

Kermit
02-13-2009, 02:43 PM
http://www.footballscoop.com/?s=unc (Friday, February 13, 2009)
"Ball State: We hear the Kansas City Chiefs have offered Ball State assistant Pat Perles as position on the staff."

More from Jeff Kolpack:
http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/?blog=42883

Kolpack used "a coaching web site" as his source, but he didn't give the name, so I did a google search. The newspaper guys often don't like to give web sites too much credit. :)

HandoEX
02-13-2009, 02:47 PM
Wow, ex-Bison coaches aren't lasting long in their new positions!

lakesbison
02-13-2009, 02:53 PM
some people on here were a lil harsh on pat.

I really liked pat as a person, and he was a very nice guy.

hope he hits the NFL!

wow, what a NDSU pipeline that is starting to form!!

tony
02-13-2009, 02:58 PM
Wow, ex-Bison coaches aren't lasting long in their new positions!

For all the best reasons though. Be great for Perles if he could get that job.

mebisonII
02-13-2009, 02:59 PM
Gonna start to look strange though if NDSU coaches make a habit of vacating new positions before they even start.

Nonetheless, NDSU to Ball State to NFL in a few months is quite the move.

BisonNeil
02-13-2009, 05:37 PM
This is not so hard to believe. Pat spent two years with the Rams in the NFL quite a few years ago and spent 6-7 years with several teams in the CFL. He has pro experience and I am sure that is what helped him out.

SamsRams
02-13-2009, 10:04 PM
Gonna start to look strange though if NDSU coaches make a habit of vacating new positions before they even start.

Nonetheless, NDSU to Ball State to NFL in a few months is quite the move.

Well maybe it will say something to these mid level FBS schools. Stay away from Bison coaches, they are too big time for your school!!

I still think NDSU to New Mexico to Tennessee is a much bigger move. Seriously, who are the Chiefs??? I thought the AFL was suspended this year!!

sambini
02-13-2009, 10:58 PM
Good luck Pat++++

IzzyFlexion
02-14-2009, 04:36 AM
Well maybe it will say something to these mid level FBS schools. Stay away from Bison coaches, they are too big time for your school!!

I still think NDSU to New Mexico to Tennessee is a much bigger move. Seriously, who are the Chiefs??? I thought the AFL was suspended this year!!

Don't you mean:
"Who are the Chefs?"
Great Googly-Moogly!
http://tommcmahon.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/chefs2.jpg

BearsCountry
02-14-2009, 06:04 AM
I just got on here to ask you guys about Perles. What is your guys opinion on him?

westnodak93bison
02-16-2009, 02:57 PM
Good luck to Perles in KC. Sad some are down on the guy after last year.
If he could have only reminded the recievers to catch the ball at WY and reminded Mertens to throw the ball to the right team!

sambini
02-16-2009, 10:49 PM
Good luck to Pat and his family. Pat gets to coach in the NFL like his dad. And coach with Coach Haley a longtime friend.

Bisonguy
02-17-2009, 02:05 AM
Stay on topic, or start a new thread. Take the pissing matches to PM's.

tony
02-17-2009, 07:17 AM
Stay on topic, or start a new thread. Take the pissing matches to PM's.

Thanks, I just about posted the same thing. Still might split this thread into two: one for congratulating Perles and another for all the other junk.

yippie
02-18-2009, 01:00 AM
I just got on here to ask you guys about Perles. What is your guys opinion on him?

Personally i think Coach P is a great coach... The things he taught us were unbelievably useful not only on the football field but in real life as well. He was a players coach most of the time. He expected nothing but the best you had and if you didn't give him your best, or everything you had he would bring it to your attention in a unique way. I have a lot of respect for him even tho as a player would you rarely see eye to eye.

A1pigskin
02-18-2009, 11:19 PM
I think it's awesome to have another NDSU coach in the NFL. Good luck coach.

56BISON73
02-18-2009, 11:22 PM
I think it's awesome to have another NDSU coach in the NFL. Good luck coach.

That was a pretty quick jump. Good luck to him as well. NDSU is getting a pretty good track record for assist coaches.