PDA

View Full Version : PSA from mebison

mebisonII
02-13-2009, 12:43 PM
Reminder to the guys:

No matter what she says, she expects flowers tomorrow.

lakesbison
02-13-2009, 02:43 PM
dejuan FLOWERS??

tony
02-13-2009, 02:50 PM
Reminder to the guys:

No matter what she says, she expects flowers tomorrow.

Very true. Don't fool yourselves. I didn't get flowers last year... ouch.

mebisonII
02-13-2009, 03:03 PM
dejuan FLOWERS??

Well, you could probably give her him, but that might not be in your best interest!

unbison
02-13-2009, 03:09 PM
yeah lakes wasnt she axing about him during the game lastnight....hahaahaha

IzzyFlexion
02-13-2009, 03:10 PM
Very true. Don't fool yourselves. I didn't get flowers last year... ouch.

Stop the madness!!!!!!!!!
Trust me, it's only bad for the first year or two. If you keep buckling because you fear the repercussions it becomes a never-ending cycle.
Spend that $20-$30 on a tank of gas, tell her that's what you did and that's that! Charity begins at home during these times. Let the florists and Hallmark go down in flames.:D

mebisonII
02-13-2009, 03:17 PM
Stop the madness!!!!!!!!!
Trust me, it's only bad for the first year or two. If you keep buckling because you fear the repercussions it becomes a never-ending cycle.
Spend that $20-$30 on a tank of gas, tell her that's what you did and that's that! Charity begins at home during these times. Let the florists and Hallmark go down in flames.:D

Man, you gotta find the local grocery store that sell small bouquets for ~$5. Totally worth it...you've got to score points while you can, because, lets face it, you'll need them someday!

tony
02-13-2009, 03:24 PM
Difference between being poor and ticking off your woman: You can be poor and happy. :)

aces1180
02-13-2009, 03:25 PM
This is what I got my wife for VDay/her birthday...She loved it. However, she says she hates Valentine's Day...However, it sure earned me some good points and it last's forever, unlike a bouquet of flowers.

Thanks to Howard Stern, btw, for the suggestion on this gift.

http://ihatestevensingeronline.com/detail.aspx?ID=42

lakesbison
02-13-2009, 03:34 PM
UNBISON has a man crush on DEJUAN and will be calling 800-proflowers for Dejuan on saturday.

maybe run out on the court ala Morgana!!!..

unbison
02-13-2009, 03:42 PM
lakes that was supposed to be on the down low..... another time when u break a story to early.....u sonna of a gun

IzzyFlexion
02-13-2009, 03:49 PM
This is what I got my wife for VDay/her birthday...She loved it. However, she says she hates Valentine's Day...However, it sure earned me some good points and it last's forever, unlike a bouquet of flowers.

Thanks to Howard Stern, btw, for the suggestion on this gift.

http://ihatestevensingeronline.com/detail.aspx?ID=42

I don't mean any harm Aces, but I still feel somewhat of a responsibility to be your marital mentor. That being said,
Please, please be very cautious.
The theme during the early portion of this thread is "make sure to get your woman gifts, flowers, blah, blah, blah." Why?? "Oh you don't want to get in trouble!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Bull. Set the bar low right out of the gate. Philosophically, you can always gift up.... but......gifting down.......very slippery slope.

What gives me any credibility on this topic?
Who was my mentor?
Who's marital playbook did I study?
http://data1.blog.de/blog/c/cheopstexte/img/Al-bundy_01.jpg
I don't give a sh** if he's a fictional charachter.......Al Bundy is a GOD!

aces1180
02-13-2009, 03:56 PM
I don't mean any harm Aces, but I still feel somewhat of a responsibility to be your marital mentor. That being said,
Please, please be very cautious.
The theme during the early portion of this thread is "make sure to get your woman gifts, flowers, blah, blah, blah." Why?? "Oh you don't want to get in trouble!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Bull. Set the bar low right out of the gate. Philosophically, you can always gift up.... but......gifting down.......very slippery slope.

What gives me any credibility on this topic?
Who was my mentor?
Who's marital playbook did I study?
http://data1.blog.de/blog/c/cheopstexte/img/Al-bundy_01.jpg
I don't give a sh** if he's a fictional charachter.......Al Bundy is a GOD!

I appreciate your marital advice. To be quite honest, however, I don't mind buying the wife things because it kills to bird's with one stone: 1) Make's her happy. 2) Satisfies my need to buy things.

All I know, is that the first three months has been pretty good and I have no reason to expect anything different. Granted, you can talk to me in a few years and see how things are, but for the most part, I'm optimistic that it will be all good.

TransAmBison
02-13-2009, 05:21 PM
I appreciate your marital advice. To be quite honest, however, I don't mind buying the wife things because it kills to bird's with one stone: 1) Make's her happy. 2) Satisfies my need to buy things.

All I know, is that the first three months has been pretty good and I have no reason to expect anything different. Granted, you can talk to me in a few years and see how things are, but for the most part, I'm optimistic that it will be all good.
Dude, start small. She will notice if a few years pass by and the gift isn't as good. I mean, you plan on being married at least 10 years or so, so don't go all out yet.*

*I say 10 years since by then you should have well over 100,000 miles on the current model and repairs and maintenance is getting more expensive. The economical** choice would be to get a new model.
**To be the more economical choice one must also invest in a shovel***
***Without said shovel, how are going to bury the first model and make the new and improved model more economical?****
****Remember, you are doing it to stimulate the "economy"

UTH
02-13-2009, 05:49 PM
Dude, start small. She will notice if a few years pass by and the gift isn't as good. I mean, you plan on being married at least 10 years or so, so don't go all out yet.*

*I say 10 years since by then you should have well over 100,000 miles on the current model and repairs and maintenance is getting more expensive. The economical** choice would be to get a new model.
**To be the more economical choice one must also invest in a shovel***
***Without said shovel, how are going to bury the first model and make the new and improved model more economical?****
****Remember, you are doing it to stimulate the "economy"

One note on upgrades - regardless of whether or not someone takes responsibility for any further repairs and maintenance in the future, you will still personally be responsible for maintenance, upkeep, and repairs* for the new models produced by you and this old model, at least until they are all eighteen years old. I have heard that this can be very expensive, whether the new models remain with you or the old model. Let's say, for example... You participated in producing a 2008 model. Especially if the old model keeps this 2008 edition, you will be paying off on it at least until the year 2026. That's a long time and a lot of money.:p

However... it seems that most people who take this route admit that it's worth it, anyway - It just isn't as 'economical' as TAB would like you to believe.:blush:

*it should not need to be pointed out that these newer models also tend to leak plenty of fluid and produce plenty of waste for quite a while after production. they need constant attention for decades. they get very difficult to handle and control later on.

TransAmBison
02-13-2009, 05:53 PM
One note on upgrades - regardless of whether or not someone takes responsibility for any further repairs and maintenance in the future, you will still personally be responsible for maintenance, upkeep, and repairs for the new models produced by you and this old model, at least until they are all eighteen years old. I have heard that this can be very expensive, whether the new models remain with you or the old model. Let's say, for example... You participated in producing a 2008 model. Especially if the old model keeps this 2008 edition, you will be paying off on it at least until the year 2026. That's a long time and a lot of money.:p

However... it seems that most people who take this route admit that it's worth it, anyway - It just isn't as 'economical' as TAB would like you to believe.:blush:
I believe you are talking about emissions. Very important to find a model that has low to no emissions.

CarringtonBison
02-13-2009, 06:00 PM

Oh my young padawan, much to learn you do