PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Aaberg's recent stat line

bisonhusker
02-12-2009, 06:55 PM
I just got a text from Coach Kemp with Jordan's most recent stat line.

34 points, 17 rebounds, and 15 blocks. Keep in mind, they play two 18 minute halves.....and he blocked 15 shots. That has to be about 25% of all of the shots taken. Congrats to the coaches on finding this kid when everyone else overlooked him. He blew up on the AAU stuff, and if he hadn't verballed so early to NDSU, he would have went bigtime. He looks forward to more competition, and is really just starting to know how good he can be.

Monday vs Park Christian in Moorhead. PC is very good, so Jordan will probably lose, but you will get to see the 7 foot wingspan in action. Still growing....

Enjoy a small town kid. Fun to have a local kid do so well. 6th triple double.

HandoEX
02-12-2009, 06:58 PM
Wow, not THAT's a stat line! It's just too bad the rest of the Rothsay team is so bad. My old HS team beat Rothsay by 20+ this year and they're a small school ball club at .500.

Kermit
02-12-2009, 07:05 PM
I've only watched Aaberg a couple of times, but I've been extremely impressed by his ability to run the floor and handle the ball. He has nice shooting form. His timing when blocking shots is amazing. He is going to need to spend a lot of time in the weight room, but he obviously has mucho potential. I will try to get over to that Park Christian game.

roadwarrior
02-12-2009, 07:11 PM
The Bison women play monday night, so I might get down to Rothsay friday night at 6:15 for their game.

bisonhusker
02-12-2009, 08:21 PM
Just remember everyone.....when Jordan Aaberg starts to dominate for NDSU in a few years.....That Lakes can't like him. He is from a small town and therefore must suck.

Thanks, John Mellencamp

Kermit
02-12-2009, 08:26 PM
Just remember everyone.....when Jordan Aaberg starts to dominate for NDSU in a few years.....That Lakes can't like him. He is from a small town and therefore must suck.

Thanks, John Mellencamp

Actually, Lakes likes an occasional kid from a small town (Mertens) as long as it is a small town in Minnesota. It seems to be the kids from small towns in North Dakota that REALLY suck. :D

lakesbison
02-12-2009, 09:17 PM
whateva!! i live 20 miles from rothsay and i hunt next to his uncle's land for deer....soooo....i found him eight ayears ago ballin at the cemetary hoops in 'east side' rothsay!!

SDbison
02-12-2009, 10:10 PM
I posted a message in the Bison Commons topic area regarding another Bisonville Basketball game this weekend. Take a look and let me know if you are interested.

Kermit
02-17-2009, 02:24 AM
Monday vs Park Christian in Moorhead. PC is very good, so Jordan will probably lose, but you will get to see the 7 foot wingspan in action. Still growing....

Just got home from the Rothsay vs. Park Christian game. Park Christian won easily as expected. Saul was a couple of rows in front of me. I have no idea about Aaberg's stat line, but the kid continues to improve. He showed off an assortment of drives, dunks, blocked shots. His team is really, really bad. Aaberg is the best ballhandler and passer on his team. I do think he needs a redshirt year, but his potential is very, very high. I especially love his ability to run the floor. Athletically, he has some things in common with Mike Tveidt, and some things in common with Andre Smith--but in a bigger package.

Civil06
02-17-2009, 03:16 AM
Just got home from the Rothsay vs. Park Christian game. Park Christian won easily as expected. Saul was a couple of rows in front of me. I have no idea about Aaberg's stat line, but the kid continues to improve. He showed off an assortment of drives, dunks, blocked shots. His team is really, really bad. Aaberg is the best ballhandler and passer on his team. I do think he needs a redshirt year, but his potential is very, very high. I especially love his ability to run the floor. Athletically, he has some things in common with Mike Tveidt, and some things in common with Andre Smith--but in a bigger package.

I was there too. He sure stands out in Class 1A basketall. I really liked his attitude and he didn't get frustrated when I probably would have - he just did what he could and played tough. He even hit a three at the end. I can't wait to see what he looks like after a year in the weight/film room.

All three tv stations were there for dunks so make sure to watch the news tonight.

lakesbison
02-17-2009, 05:20 AM
38 points.

Kermit
02-17-2009, 04:21 PM
38 points.

..and 15 rebounds, but only 4 blocked shots. :D

You can keep up with Jordan's stats here:
http://www.maxpreps.com/minnesota/basketball/rothsay/jordan-aaberg/stats.aspx?athleteid=a5d68bcd-f2dc-4735-82de-8620044797b2&ssid=08e31156-1f2d-4c08-b687-afb41d9f9601&urpath=,local,player

BisBison
02-17-2009, 04:57 PM
is this guy a senior or a junior? Too lazy to look for myself.

lakesbison
02-17-2009, 05:10 PM
senior, he goes to all the NDSU games (when he can) for the last couple years, kid is a lifelong bison!!

BisBison
02-17-2009, 05:21 PM
senior, he goes to all the NDSU games (when he can) for the last couple years, kid is a lifelong bison!!

Thanks Lakes, sounds like a smart kid.

tcbison
02-19-2009, 08:26 PM
Back on the topic. I look forward to see what Jordan Aaberg can do in the future for the Bison.