PDA

View Full Version : Average BB fan:

4mcruenomore
02-11-2009, 03:15 AM
Even though I played in HS, I lost interest in BB long ago. Now I'm a band wagon fan, but I've always hated March Madness. So this is a stupid question, if we don't lose anymore conference games, but don't win the summit tourney, are we done?? Basicly, do we have to win the summit tourney to go to march madness??? Sorry for the stupidity, I'm a HUGE Football fan.

imabison
02-11-2009, 03:19 AM
Even though I played in HS, I lost interest in BB long ago. Now I'm a band wagon fan, but I've always hated March Madness. So this is a stupid question, if we don't lose anymore conference games, but don't win the summit tourney, are we done?? Basicly, do we have to win the summit tourney to go to march madness??? Sorry for the stupidity, I'm a HUGE Football fan.
As stated in other threads

Win the conference and an NIT bid is in order, win the conference tourney and the NCAA bid will come.

4mcruenomore
02-11-2009, 03:25 AM
thank you. Sorry, it was probably in other threads, but never spelled out for us FB fans.

HoopsBison
02-11-2009, 03:48 AM
wow how can one hate the great sporting event ever. You are the first person to ever utter the statement of hating march madness

unbison
02-11-2009, 04:28 AM
maybe it interrupts his soaps when daytime coverage is on....
i know i hate nd state tournaments hijacking local stations

SamsRams
02-11-2009, 06:05 AM
As stated in other threads

Win the conference and an NIT bid is in order, win the conference tourney and the NCAA bid will come.

Isn't there some other tournament besides the NIT??? I'd bet NDSU would accept their bid for a home game over an NIT road game!!

What am I talking about???? They are going dancing!!!!!

ndsubison1
02-11-2009, 06:23 AM
Isn't there some other tournament besides the NIT??? I'd bet NDSU would accept their bid for a home game over an NIT road game!!

What am I talking about???? They are going dancing!!!!!

the CBI tournament... hopefully Oral Roberts is invited to that tourney ;)

IndyBison
02-11-2009, 01:33 PM
When one of the local sports talk show hosts (and play-by-play guy for IUPUI) was talking to Ron Hunter the other night, he mentioned NDSU's win all but guaranteed an NIT bid if they stumble in the tournament. This was assuming they win most of the rest of their games as well. I don't know that it's guaranteed but it would be a good consolation prize if they do stumble.

BisonBlogger
02-11-2009, 04:39 PM
For those that are still unclear about post season opportunities for NDSU, a conference championship or even a tie for the conference championship would guarantee an automatic bid to the NIT if they did not win the conference tournament.

The NIT is a consolation prize no doubt but still has a storied history as the oldest college basketball tournament in existence. It holds its final four in Madison Square Garden and has a TV contract with ESPN for several games.

It will be a huge disappointment for this years team to not make the big dance but if they do end up in the NIT, you better believe this group of players will be going for a NIT championship.

Opening round game for the Bison would most likely be in a Big 10 or Big 12 arena.

stevdock
02-13-2009, 02:07 PM
From what I heard from an interview from ESPN yesterday, it sounds like if we make it into the tourneyment we will probably be playing in Minneapolis. The committee has stated that because of the economy they are going to keep as many teams as possible close to home. At the time they were using Duke and UNC as examples of putting them in Greensboro until the Sweet 16, but I see that as a trickle down throughout the whole tourneyment.

bisonpride
02-13-2009, 02:48 PM
From what I heard from an interview from ESPN yesterday, it sounds like if we make it into the tourneyment we will probably be playing in Minneapolis. The committee has stated that because of the economy they are going to keep as many teams as possible close to home. At the time they were using Duke and UNC as examples of putting them in Greensboro until the Sweet 16, but I see that as a trickle down throughout the whole tourneyment.

VERY VERY interesting! There would be A LOT of green and gold in the cities and would basically be a home game for us! How sweet would that be!