PDA

View Full Version : Hermanson sets record in 800 meters

roadwarrior
02-08-2009, 04:13 AM
Laura automatically qualified for the NCAA championships today at the Meyo invitational at Notre Dame.

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=3664858

Thundering Herd
02-08-2009, 01:46 PM
Awesome! Good job Laura. Keep kickin' ass!!!

sambini
02-08-2009, 02:44 PM
Great job Laura+++

Bisonguy
02-08-2009, 03:03 PM
Awesome!! First Bison to get an auto-qualifying time!

Great job Laura!!!!

airwaveslave
02-08-2009, 05:50 PM
Watch the video of Laura's race here...

http://www.flotrack.org/videos/coverage/view_video/234594/140716

tjbison
02-08-2009, 05:59 PM
Watch the video of Laura's race here...

http://www.flotrack.org/videos/coverage/view_video/234594/140716

Sweet thanks!

sambini
02-09-2009, 03:21 AM
Thanks really enjoyed it+++++

mjh
02-09-2009, 04:02 AM
That is so cool, just a couple steps behind the defending national champ. Way to go MISS HERMANSON!

roper1313
02-10-2009, 02:53 PM
Thanks for the video. Did the video say that Gall's time was the fastest 800 in the country this year? Way to go Laura!!

It's amazing how fast her times have gotten in the last couple of years.

Castor Troy
02-10-2009, 03:30 PM
Thanks for the video. Did the video say that Gall's time was the fastest 800 in the country this year? Way to go Laura!!

It's amazing how fast her times have gotten in the last couple of years.

You are correct. Laura was a standout 400 runner in high school, so she certainly had the speed. But when you are looking to bump a quartermiler up to the half, the question is if they can stand the pain. Think about it! All you have to do is run 62 seconds back-to-back. Shouldn't be a problem if you run a 400 open at 56 seconds, right? Not always the case.

I wonder if moving Laura to the 800 was discussed during the recruiting process?

sambini
02-10-2009, 04:08 PM
Was she also a soccer player at NDSU ?

Castor Troy
02-10-2009, 05:56 PM
Was she also a soccer player at NDSU ?

You are correct, sir.

2004-05 SEASON: Redshirt.

SOCCER: Member of the NDSU soccer team in 2004 where she played in 16 matches and started four as a true freshman... Took eight shots with seven on goal from a defender position.

IzzyFlexion
02-14-2009, 03:03 PM
Sweet thanks!

How annoying was the announcer??!!
It was pretty clear visually that it was a track meet but with just the audio coulda been a horse track, or an auction.

JackJD
03-14-2009, 04:54 AM
Apparently no Bison fans -- at least none who frequent this Board -- have seen fit to post what Laura Hermanson just ran in the 800. Look it up. (Broke her own school record; 4th fastest qualifier for the NCAA DI finals at 800 meters---that's a sure All-American, NDSU'S FIRST!).

The Bison fans can be faulted for being football-crazy, to the exclusion of other sports, when some of the other sports are producing performances that are some of the best in the nation. The football team is not producing results that are some of the best in the nation.

Hermanson has advanced to the finals at the NCAA Division I Indoors Nationals and is poised to be the FIRST D-I ALL AMERICAN for the Bison.

and most of you have no idea. You have that yo-yo LakesBison who holds himself out as the super-NDSU fan and I think many of you think he is the epitomy of a Bison fan. You think LakesBison is aware of the track and field team? Is he representative of Bison fans? (he says he is).

Here's a link to your own GoBison.com:
http://www.gobison.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&KEY=&SPID=703&SPSID=12035

This is your best athlete by far on your campus and most of you are clueless. I'm a track fan, a friend of the Bison coaches and I'm damned proud of what they and their charges have accomplished.

99Bison
03-14-2009, 05:32 AM
Good for you... and it is great what T&F accomplishes, especially Hermanson.

However how can anyone be faulted for being blinded because of becoming a national media focalpoint for the second largest sporting event in the US? Which ah, has nothing to do with football. Not to mention the release on Hermanson came out about 1 hr 15 min before you posted it... relax man.

BTW, not to diminish Hermanson for best athlete consideration, but what about sophomore W. Carlson Summit Indoor MVP? Who participated in what 11 events or something rediculous to that effect over the weekend?

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=12035&SPID=703&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=3682135

NDSUstudent
03-14-2009, 07:08 AM
You have that yo-yo LakesBison who holds himself out as the super-NDSU fan and I think many of you think he is the epitomy of a Bison fan. You think LakesBison is aware of the track and field team? Is he representative of Bison fans? (he says he is).

JD, it is great to see Laura tear up DI on the track, but lets not get carried away with the lakes stuff. You want the epotime of a Bison fan look no further than roadwarrior. That guy has been a diehard through thick and thin.

Castor Troy
03-14-2009, 03:48 PM
Apparently no Bison fans -- at least none who frequent this Board -- have seen fit to post what Laura Hermanson just ran in the 800. Look it up. (Broke her own school record; 4th fastest qualifier for the NCAA DI finals at 800 meters---that's a sure All-American, NDSU'S FIRST!).

The Bison fans can be faulted for being football-crazy, to the exclusion of other sports, when some of the other sports are producing performances that are some of the best in the nation. The football team is not producing results that are some of the best in the nation.

Hermanson has advanced to the finals at the NCAA Division I Indoors Nationals and is poised to be the FIRST D-I ALL AMERICAN for the Bison.

and most of you have no idea. You have that yo-yo LakesBison who holds himself out as the super-NDSU fan and I think many of you think he is the epitomy of a Bison fan. You think LakesBison is aware of the track and field team? Is he representative of Bison fans? (he says he is).

http://www.gobison.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&KEY=&SPID=703&SPSID=12035

This is your best athlete by far on your campus and most of you are clueless. I'm a track fan, a friend of the Bison coaches and I'm damned proud of what they and their charges have accomplished.

Sheesh! She just ran last night and I spend a Friday night with my family and not on the internet looking for results. If I can't be at the meet I usually wait for the next morning to start searching for results. I did, however, give this board an update on how Mr Bishoff was doing in the multi-event since I spent some time online tracking his performance.

Folks on this board are very supportive of ALL Bison athletes, but there are maybe 2 or 3 of us that visit this board that are die hard track fans. Yes, we have a lot going on, but for you to pounce on this board with a post that smacks of jealousy and bitterness is not appreciated. :mad:

JackJD
03-14-2009, 06:26 PM
Okay, okay...my message was a little strong.

Thing is, Hermanson has really arrived in track and field and she continues to show consistent improvement. Getting an All-American in your first year of full D-I eligibility is fantastic and I think by making finals, she earned the All-America designation.

Laura runs the finals at 6:20 p.m. today.

Brost is in the pole vault starting at 4:00 p.m.

ESPN is supposed to be carrying the meet late today.

heckler
03-14-2009, 07:24 PM

Wow when did this turn into a smack forum? And why do you feel the need to single out someone? Pathetic attempt at getting a point across about track and field by trashing someone and other fans, probably not the way of getting someone interested in track and field. You seem like an angry little man.

tony
03-15-2009, 12:43 AM
You seem like an angry little man.

Is that some sort of shot at the Angry Elf!?! :)

Seriously, I think there is a 5-page thread about Hermanson a couple posts below. Very cool that NDSU scored some points in the championships. And Brost should be jumping now! Too bad the NCAA's live stats thing doesn't do anything.

Update: Looks like Leslie Brost is NDSU's 3rd All-American. She took 11th in the pole vault (13-3 1/2). Too bad, if she had jumped what she did at the Summit Championships, she'd have taken 5th. Not bad for a true freshman! Edit: Wrong, actually not All-American but pretty dang good anyway.

heckler
03-15-2009, 12:58 AM
Is that some sort of shot at the Angry Elf!?! :)

Seriously, I think there is a 5-page thread about Hermanson a couple posts below. Very cool that NDSU scored some points in the championships. And Brost should be jumping now! Too bad the NCAA's live stats thing doesn't do anything.

Update: Looks like Leslie Brost is NDSU's 3rd All-American. She took 11th in the pole vault (13-3 1/2). Too bad, if she had jumped what she did at the Summit Championships, she'd have taken 5th. Not bad for a true freshman!

what are you gonna do about it? :frog:

admin
03-15-2009, 01:52 AM
what are you gonna do about it? :frog:

Yanking your chain. However, I am *the* angry little man - implying that this imposter is anywhere near as little or as angry is kind of a slap in the face :)

heckler
03-15-2009, 01:57 AM
Yanking your chain. However, I am *the* angry little man - implying that this imposter is anywhere near as little or as angry is kind of a slap in the face :)

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

mebisonII
03-15-2009, 06:46 PM

I consider myself scolded. Let me know when I can come out of my room :p

JackJD
03-16-2009, 04:38 AM
Brost will get her All-America distinction -- probably several of them -- before her years as a Bison are concluded.

Note in Hermanson's race, all of the finalists ran a little slower than they did in the prelims. As someone noted, probably more strategy involved than in the prelims when people couldn't take big risks out of fear of not making the finals. Great weekend for Hermanson.

Hammersmith
03-23-2009, 07:36 PM
Just watching Laura running the 800m on ESPN2(indoor nationals tape delayed). Didn't win this time either(funny how that works), but it was cool looking up and seeing her in her green shorts and NDSU top.

SirHinn
04-29-2009, 05:31 AM
Laura will be on the fan today sometime around 1215 to talk about her season thus far.

tcbison
04-30-2009, 09:05 PM
This article talks about Laura Hermanson running against a girl from USD. Should be a good race...

http://www.argusleader.com/article/20090430/SPORTS02/904300301/1052/OPINION01

zooropa
05-03-2009, 01:08 AM
And the girl from USD (Emma Erickson) won, setting a meet record:

http://www.argusleader.com/article/20090502/SPORTS02/905020305/1002/sports

Of course, it should be noted she was running 'unattached' as she's redshirting.