PDA

View Full Version : Mo Valley rankings

tjbison
02-07-2009, 02:23 PM
This is from the Missouri St. board, a poster over there put together these rankings of the 2009 classes based on info from Rivals and scouts!

RANKING TOTAL STARS (Scout + Rivals)

MO STATE (21) 29 - 41 stars
UNI (24) 23 - 20 stars
SIU (18) 17 - 15 stars
Ill St (16) 15 - 10 stars
NDSU (21) 23 - 20 stars
YSU (16) 14 - 15 stars
In St (34) 25 - 13 stars
SDSU (18) 11 - 10 stars
WIU (18) 9 - 10 stars

EXPOSURE RANKING (# of signees listed on scout and/or rivals)

MO STATE – 29
In St – 25
NDSU – 23
UNI – 23
SIU – 17
Ill St – 15
YSU – 14
SDSU – 11
WIU – 9

QUALITY RANKING (avg stars per signee)

MO STATE – 1.95
NDSU – 0.95
YSU – 0.93
SIU – 0.83
UNI – 0.83
Ill St – 0.63
WIU – 0.55
SDSU – 0.55
In St – 0.38

I know the "stars" don't mean much but thought it was interesting!

Gully
02-07-2009, 02:39 PM
Hmmm. These ratings are iffy but it looks like good news for Missouri State. Maybe their new facilities are helping. Good for them, it will only make the league better.

tjbison
02-07-2009, 02:41 PM
Hmmm. These ratings are iffy but it looks like good news for Missouri State. Maybe their new facilities are helping. Good for them, it will only make the league better.

LOL, I was waiting for a response, looks like its tilted a little toward MSU!!!;)

Here is their 2009 Class as per the MSU board:

Mo State (21)

Aumen (OL) – scout 1, rivals 2
Beauchamp (LB) – s1 , r2
A. Brown (DB) – s1 , r2
R. Brown (LB) – s1 , r0
Callender (LB) – X , r0
Cooper-Falls (RB) - X , X
Dahl (C) – s3 , r3
Dotson (WR) - s1 , X
Grady (DT) - s1 , X
Hahn (OL) – X , X
Keck (DE) – s4 , r4
King (DT) – s1 , r0
Kutter (OL) - s1, X
Mendel (RB) - X , X
Scarborough (DB) – s1 , r2
Scott-Cline (DE) – s1 , r0
Shapel (OL) – s3 , r3
Swan (WR-TE) – X , X
Wilkinson (LB) – s1 , X
Williams (WR) – s1 , r0
Wooden (QB) – s1 , r0

Totals Scout 16 – 23 stars
Rivals 13 – 18 stars
Combined 29 – 41 stars

BisBison
02-07-2009, 02:44 PM
Interesting our little rabbit friends are solidly in 9th in all three lists. Oops:hide: I hope that comes back to haunt them, I'm real sick of losing to those rodents.

BisonNeil
02-07-2009, 03:15 PM
Interesting our little rabbit friends are solidly in 9th in all three lists. Oops:hide: I hope that comes back to haunt them, I'm real sick of losing to those rodents.

While it is true that rabbits were once classified in the order Rodentia, they no longer are and they are currently classified in the order Lagomorpha.

While rabbits hold a superficial resemblence to the rodents (which is the largest group of mammals by the way) they have several distinguishing characteristics such as four incisors rather than two and rabbits are strict vegetarians and rodents will eat anything.

Perhaps the easiest way to distinguish between a SDSU Jackrabbit and a University of Minnesota Gopher is by their genitalia. The scrotum is in the front of the penis in a jackrabbit but behind the penis on the gopher. Furthermore, the penis in a jackrabbit has no bone, unlike the gopher. But you'll have to take my word for it, I don't recommend any of you trying this at a tail gate party to find out if I am correct :)

So ends the zoology lesson on our adversary's mascots.

TransAmBison
02-07-2009, 03:27 PM
While it is true that rabbits were once classified in the order Rodentia, they no longer are and they are currently classified in the order Lagomorpha.

While rabbits hold a superficial resemblence to the rodents (which is the largest group of mammals by the way) they have several distinguishing characteristics such as four incisors rather than two and rabbits are strict vegetarians and rodents will eat anything.

Perhaps the easiest way to distinguish between a SDSU Jackrabbit and a University of Minnesota Gopher is by their genitalia. The scrotum is in the front of the penis in a jackrabbit but behind the penis on the gopher. Furthermore, the penis in a jackrabbit has no bone, unlike the gopher. But you'll have to take my word for it, I don't recommend any of you trying this at a tail gate party to find out if I am correct :)

:rofl: I didn't know you were funny!

IndyTreeFan
02-07-2009, 03:35 PM
Hello Bison Fans! Just thought I'd pop over here and see what was being said regarding recruiting. I'm sure you guys got a great class. I can't comment on any individual players that Indiana State got, but we signed 34 players, and Coach Miles said that this year's class is better than last year's. Last year's class was considered by many to be a top-10 FCS class.

I find myself actually looking forward to football season this year. You have no idea how weird that is for an Indiana State fan...:blush:

Anyway, good luck this season (except against us, of course). Perhaps when we play, it will mean more than a guaranteed win for you guys!!!

JACKGUYII
02-07-2009, 05:02 PM

LOL if you think that list is going to have anything to do with what happens on the field. The Jacks had fewer scholarships to fill this year and fewer glaring needs. The three instate players we got were all recruited by FBS schools and will be impact players.

tjbison
02-07-2009, 05:07 PM
Hello Bison Fans! Just thought I'd pop over here and see what was being said regarding recruiting. I'm sure you guys got a great class. I can't comment on any individual players that Indiana State got, but we signed 34 players, and Coach Miles said that this year's class is better than last year's. Last year's class was considered by many to be a top-10 FCS class.

I find myself actually looking forward to football season this year. You have no idea how weird that is for an Indiana State fan...:blush:

Anyway, good luck this season (except against us, of course). Perhaps when we play, it will mean more than a guaranteed win for you guys!!!

Welcome Indy, hope you get a good turnaround in the program, Miles sounds like he's dedicated to changing the game, come back anytime!!

SDbison
02-07-2009, 05:26 PM
LOL if you think that list is going to have anything to do with what happens on the field. The Jacks had fewer scholarships to fill this year and fewer glaring needs. The three instate players we got were all recruited by FBS schools and will be impact players.
Jacks football has improved, but they are far from being a great team or a great program. So you went from a fair team to a good team. Chances are it will be short lived. If you want to gloat, goat to yourselves. Two victories over NDSU by less than a touchdown is your claim to fame....wow. And you even won in Fargo for the first time in 46 years. Odds are that kind of a streak was going to end after making 23 trips to Fargo and losing. So what else? Any Football championships......none. Any conference championships in the last 50 years.....oh yeah, 1 in the short lived 5 team GWFC. You bunny fans are getting so worked up over three 7 win seasons in a row. lol. Sorry if you expect Bison fans to stand up and salute you are badly mistaken. Go back to your bunny den and enjoy your moment in the sun.

MN_BISON
02-07-2009, 05:33 PM

Recruited or offered? Big difference. Fewer needs, whatever........You guys had what, a 7-5 season, don't come over here and act like SDSU went 10-2, when you do, please come back and feel free to chat about it. As for the recruits SDSU got, I'm sure they are all good football players but again it's not that you had fewer needs, you had fewer scholarships available.

steelbison
02-07-2009, 05:46 PM
This is from the Missouri St. board, a poster over there put together these rankings of the 2009 classes based on info from Rivals and scouts!

RANKING TOTAL STARS (Scout + Rivals)

MO STATE (21) 29 - 41 stars
UNI (24) 23 - 20 stars
SIU (18) 17 - 15 stars
Ill St (16) 15 - 10 stars
NDSU (21) 23 - 20 stars
YSU (16) 14 - 15 stars
In St (34) 25 - 13 stars
SDSU (18) 11 - 10 stars
WIU (18) 9 - 10 stars

EXPOSURE RANKING (# of signees listed on scout and/or rivals)

MO STATE – 29
In St – 25
NDSU – 23
UNI – 23
SIU – 17
Ill St – 15
YSU – 14
SDSU – 11
WIU – 9

QUALITY RANKING (avg stars per signee)

MO STATE – 1.95
NDSU – 0.95
YSU – 0.93
SIU – 0.83
UNI – 0.83
Ill St – 0.63
WIU – 0.55
SDSU – 0.55
In St – 0.38

I know the "stars" don't mean much but thought it was interesting!

I am guessing a Mo. State fan put this together.

When you guys quit losing to div II teams I might take you serious. Other than that these "stars" mean absolutely nothing to me.

It would be nice if Mo. St and Indiana St. put a respectable team on the field. Would really help the conference ranking which helps playoff births. But I'm personally not holding my breath...

tjbison
02-07-2009, 05:50 PM

When you guys quit losing to div II teams I might take you serious. Other than that these "stars" mean absolutely nothing to me.

It would be nice if Mo. St and Indiana St. put a respectable team on the field. Would really help the conference ranking which helps playoff births. But I'm personally not holding my breath...

Whoa steel FYI i'm a Bison Fan, just passing along the info! DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER!:hide:

NDSUstudent
02-07-2009, 05:59 PM
I wouldn't be too hard on MSU, all their fan did was take what rivals and scout said about MVFC recruits and used it to rank players. I also wouldn't put too much stock into it, it's just a fun thing to look at during the offseason.

Jdubs21
02-07-2009, 06:01 PM
yeah i dont care much about what a kids star rating is, there have been several players with 0 stars which have turned into amazing players and 5 star recruits which u never heaer anything about

NDSUstudent
02-07-2009, 06:04 PM
yeah i dont care much about what a kids star rating is, there have been several players with 0 stars which have turned into amazing players and 5 star recruits which u never heaer anything about

Yeah, Just look at ND players, in many ways they have been the backbone of our team but none of them can be found anywhere on a recruiting site.

Jdubs21
02-07-2009, 06:12 PM
Yeah, Just look at ND players, in many they have been the backbone of our team but none of them can be found anywhere on a recruiting site.

couldnt agree with you more....the only reason ND kids dont get the same respect as many other states is becuase they dont get the exposure, but maybe thats a good thing because it works to our benefit. Also the other day i was listening to "the fan" i beleive over lunch and they were talkin about all the D1 athletes that contributed to their teams significantly and surprisingly people were calling in all hour. We have great athletes in this state, even though lakes and some other members on this site dont seem to think so

IndyBison
02-07-2009, 06:31 PM

I was looking at the list of players ISU signed this year and there are several names I recognize from Indiana HS football. They seem to be aggressively going after the top of that next tier the Big 10 isn't chasing. If these players are as good as they were in HS, ISU could become very competitive. The starting QB from my local HS (the same one that produced Greg Oden in BB) is one of them. I'll be making the trip to TH this Fall to watch the mighty Sycamores host the Bison.

steelbison
02-07-2009, 06:38 PM
Whoa steel FYI i'm a Bison Fan, just passing along the info! DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER!:hide:

No I understand...I meant that Mo.St had the best recruiting class....Sounds like something they put together...

Personally to me by far the best two classes and programs are us and UNI. I trust both those coaching staffs talent evalution than any publication.

IzzyFlexion
02-07-2009, 07:29 PM

Heh, Heh,
uhhhhhh, he said penis and bone....heh, heh.http://cristal.inria.fr/~harley/ecdl3/pics/butthead.gif

IndyBison
02-07-2009, 08:22 PM

Gridiron Digest is a great site that helps to promote Indiana high school football. There is a thread there about the ISU recruiting class and the first post has a list of their players with a summary of each. They picked up some really good players that should help them improve. If you want to read some of it, go here (http://gridirondigest.net/index.php?showtopic=32509)

CaBisonFan
02-07-2009, 08:51 PM

Oh...recruiting has nothing to do with what happens on the field. OK...you should tell stiggy to stop recruiting. We wouldn't care.

These lists are mostly for fun. Do you really think that any of us take it all that seriously?

You've had our number for two years. I've gone to your board to congratulate you two years in a row.

Will you, when your streak of domination over us ends?

IndyTreeFan
02-07-2009, 10:08 PM
Gridiron Digest is a great site that helps to promote Indiana high school football. There is a thread there about the ISU recruiting class and the first post has a list of their players with a summary of each. They picked up some really good players that should help them improve. If you want to read some of it, go here (http://gridirondigest.net/index.php?showtopic=32509)

Thanks for the tip. Interesting reading...

What's a Bison doing in Indianapolis???:D

tjbison
02-07-2009, 10:12 PM

Indy, the Bison Herd is WORLDWIDE!!!!:nod:

IndyBison
02-08-2009, 01:49 AM

Loving life after a big win at IUPUI tonight! There are over 100 of us in Central Indiana! I used to host the Bison-Sioux satellite game here in Indy when they played and we would get 50 or 60 of them to show up (the Sioiux would send a few as well)! Are you in Indy or TH?

IndyTreeFan
02-08-2009, 03:43 AM
Loving life after a big win at IUPUI tonight! There are over 100 of us in Central Indiana! I used to host the Bison-Sioux satellite game here in Indy when they played and we would get 50 or 60 of them to show up (the Sioiux would send a few as well)! Are you in Indy or TH?

I'm in Indy. Lived here for 9 years now. I get back to a lot of ISU basketball games (boy, there's a good time...) and last year I went to a couple of football games, which were the first I've been to in about 10 years, except for 7 minutes of the Homecoming game in 2007. Even though we lost the games last year, we looked better than we have.

Are you going to make the trek over to Terre Haute for the football game this year?

BTW, we have over 12,000 alumni in the Indy Metro Area. I bet you have an easier time getting 50 Bison together than we do getting 50 Sycamores to show up!!!:paperbag:

JACKGUYII
02-08-2009, 05:14 PM
Jacks football has improved, but they are far from being a great team or a great program. So you went from a fair team to a good team. Chances are it will be short lived. If you want to gloat, goat to yourselves. Two victories over NDSU by less than a touchdown is your claim to fame....wow. And you even won in Fargo for the first time in 46 years. Odds are that kind of a streak was going to end after making 23 trips to Fargo and losing. So what else? Any Football championships......none. Any conference championships in the last 50 years.....oh yeah, 1 in the short lived 5 team GWFC. You bunny fans are getting so worked up over three 7 win seasons in a row. lol. Sorry if you expect Bison fans to stand up and salute you are badly mistaken. Go back to your bunny den and enjoy your moment in the sun.

Someone has developed an inferiority complex since the move to DI and by living in the great State of South Dakota.

tjbison
02-08-2009, 05:41 PM
Someone has developed an inferiority complex since the move to DI and by living in the great State of South Dakota.

Why do we have a inferiority complex??? all we have heard from bunny fans is how great they are and how they are now the better program and thru the transition they have been better overall well lets compare:

Since 2003 NDSU is 49-17 overall 3-2 against FBS with 1 Conference Championship!

Since 2003 SDSU is 40-27 overall 0-1 against FBS 1 Conference Championship, and 1 loss to a DIII school!

So please don't come here and tell us we have the complex, we really do love the bunnies they are soooo cute!

DORMIE
02-08-2009, 06:43 PM
IndyTreeFan, for your information NDSU has one of the finest Pharmacy Schools in the nation. I have known quie a few folks who have wirked for Eli Lilly in Indy. Welsome to the board.

CaBisonFan
02-08-2009, 06:56 PM

As most know here, I lived in Brookings and taught at the high school for seven years. Yours is the typical Rabbit complex.

Your program has received MA-NY posts about the success of the Jackrabbits here on bisonville, and more than its share of respect...and support. We have seen the program evolve, and most people here understand it. We don't expect to dominate the Rabbits, as we did in the past.

Personally, I have gone to your board to congratulate you two years in a row. Yes...2 to 3 years ago I was a little into visiting other boards for some mild smack, but found it to be totally inappropriate, and a waste of time. I stopped. I love the city of Brookings, most of its people, the people of South Dakota, and the university. But...I am a Bison fan. That's why I write on bisonville, and not on the Rabbit board.

You're wasting your time...that is...unless you want to talk football, and show some respect. Bison smack is no problem on your board. It 'is' a problem here, from an outsider.

We 'will' be excited about our recruits, and a myriad of polls, stats, etc, etc. We 'will' be optimistic most of the time, because that is our way...for obvious reasons. That's what the board is for. That's why it's called bisonville, instead of rabbitville. Comprende? :cool:

IndyTreeFan
02-08-2009, 07:07 PM
IndyTreeFan, for your information NDSU has one of the finest Pharmacy Schools in the nation. I have known quie a few folks who have wirked for Eli Lilly in Indy. Welsome to the board.

Cool. Maybe we'll meet up someday! Perhaps in Terre Haute at a game!!!

IndyBison
02-08-2009, 10:51 PM

Many of the NDSU alums who end up in Indy work for either Lilly or Dow Agro (ag chemical division). Others stumble here by some other accident.

NDSUFan_Sav
02-09-2009, 12:48 AM
Why do we have a inferiority complex??? all we have heard from bunny fans is how great they are and how they are now the better program and thru the transition they have been better overall well lets compare:

Since 2003 NDSU is 49-17 overall 3-2 against FBS with 1 Conference Championship!

Since 2003 SDSU is 40-27 overall 0-1 against FBS 1 Conference Championship, and 1 loss to a DIII school!

So please don't come here and tell us we have the complex, we really do love the bunnies they are soooo cute!

and sooooo tasty :hungry:

heckler
02-10-2009, 12:45 AM
and sooooo tasty :hungry:

and great yote bait :)

BearsCountry
02-10-2009, 05:41 AM

Umm we have recruited really well the last 3 years, UNI had a better class last year. We were a young team. We are recruiting Texas, Memphis, Oklahoma hard. They have a ton of good players. Bears will be fine, I fully expect us to compete for the playoffs this year and a MVC championship in 2010.

steelbison
02-10-2009, 01:57 PM
Umm we have recruited really well the last 3 years, UNI had a better class last year. We were a young team. We are recruiting Texas, Memphis, Oklahoma hard. They have a ton of good players. Bears will be fine, I fully expect us to compete for the playoffs this year and a MVC championship in 2010.

Thats Funny!!!! Like I said when you quit losing to DIV II teams and actually accomplish something I might take you seriously..until then your program is average at best...

Compete for the playoffs this year??? Come on now...That's the funniest thing I have read in a long time!!!

tjbison
02-10-2009, 05:23 PM

Thats good to hear, hope every team gets stronger helps the conference as a whole!! Gotta beat that damn CAA

Thats Funny!!!! Like I said when you quit losing to DIV II teams and actually accomplish something I might take you seriously..until then your program is average at best...

Compete for the playoffs this year??? Come on now...That's the funniest thing I have read in a long time!!!

WOW!!!:smh:

JacksFan06
02-10-2009, 06:13 PM
Funny that a school whose mascot almost became extinct for being slow and stupid, and is basically a glorified cow, would choose to make fun of another school's mascot.

It seems that Bison fans have forgot how they praised their team before last season and were looking forwards to a 0 to 1 loss team, and now they act like they didn't choke away would could have been a great season.

Who do the Bison have that will fill the shoes of Humber, Roehl, Wurzbacher, Schommer, Maresh, Lardinois, Jangula, Heckendorf, Compton, Belquist??

NDSU was lucky to get 6 wins, but that is what happens when you get to play Austin Peay and Central Connecticut State.

Believe me, the marker will enjoy it's stay in Frost for 3 straight years.

Bison fans are the biggest group of homers.

I know I'll have fun watching Nick "Confidence Hurtin" Merten, 5'11 170lb Tiny Moehler, and your new DII QB throwing game blowing INT's in the 4th Quarter for the next 5 years.

tcbison
02-10-2009, 06:23 PM
Funny that a school whose mascot almost became extinct for being slow and stupid, and is basically a glorified cow, would choose to make fun of another school's mascot.

It seems that Bison fans have forgot how they praised their team before last season and were looking forwards to a 0 to 1 loss team, and now they act like they didn't choke away would could have been a great season.

Who do the Bison have that will fill the shoes of Humber, Roehl, Wurzbacher, Schommer, Maresh, Lardinois, Jangula, Heckendorf, Compton, Belquist??

NDSU was lucky to get 6 wins, but that is what happens when you get to play Austin Peay and Central Connecticut State.

Believe me, the marker will enjoy it's stay in Frost for 3 straight years.

Bison fans are the biggest group of homers.

I know I'll have fun watching Nick "Confidence Hurtin" Merten, 5'11 170lb Tiny Moehler, and your new DII QB throwing game blowing INT's in the 4th Quarter for the next 5 years.

There is a smack forum for messages like this. I would suggest using it.

aces1180
02-10-2009, 06:26 PM
There is a smack forum for messages like this. I would suggest using it.

Yeah, isn't it funny how they come here and celebrate winning for the first time in Fargo since the 60s?

JacksFan06
02-10-2009, 07:15 PM

After you.

OldBison
02-10-2009, 08:20 PM

Anderson, Paschall, Veldman, Eaves, Kuhtz, Boyer, Vandal, Haynes, Johnson, Rogers.

And I didn't even mention Evans, Voitlander, Brown, Osborne, Sczepanski, Juckem, Huska, Williams, Reid and Holloway.

bisonhusker
02-10-2009, 09:19 PM
We reload. Jack fans act like the Bison went 6-5 and they won the National Championship game. Hey Jacks....you beat us. For the first time since my Dad was in school....and I have children. That is a LONG TIME AGO. Congrats.

You didn't make the playoffs either. You never do. We had a monster recruiting class, we just hired a 1A coordinator to replace a stud DC....we reload. I just don't understand how you can be arrogant. That would be like Ole Miss smacking Florida. We beat you last year!!! Florida fan...."But what about the last 50 years?" It just doesn't make sense to me.

Again, congrats to the win in the Fargo Dome. Please remind all NDSU defenders that you are not allowed to push a running quarterbacks out of bounds while they are running for a TD, or lead with the shoulder on any very hard hits. Other than that, lets touch gloves and fight to the whistle.

SDSU has made the transition very nicely. Great program, they get alot out of all of their athletes. They are never in trouble, they don't punch RA's in the face, they get good grades....etc. GOOD PROGRAM. Just not sure they need to be ready to poke fun at the mighty Bison. We graduated a bunch of good kids in order to let the next class come in and prove they are ready.

lakesbison
02-10-2009, 10:03 PM
YAWN.. silly lil wabbit turds... so cute..

tjbison
02-10-2009, 10:40 PM
Yeah, isn't it funny how they come here and celebrate winning for the first time in Fargo since the 60s?

The bunny turds have nothing else to hold onto! They can have the Marker our trophy case is full of NCAA Champion trophies!!

tjbison
02-11-2009, 12:21 AM
After you.

Oh yeah you don't like to hear us talk about OUR team on OUR board then STAY AWAY!

Jacks-02
02-13-2009, 03:56 AM
Let me apologize for my fellow bunny fans, some people get a little excited when they've waited their whole lives for a win in Fargo.

I think both schools did very good in recruiting this year. I follow the recruiting trail fairly closely and it was impressive how many guys who picked the XDSU's were looked at by other top FCS as well as some FBS schools.

I don't put much stock at all in the ratings. Kids out in the midwest don't get much pub from the national press so they don't get ranked. I'm pretty sure Ranek, Heiden, Timmerman, Dahl, Mays, Roehl, Erickson, Hanson, etc. weren't highly ranked out of high school either. But they all worked their tail off at their respective schools and ended up being great players.

Noone knows for another 2 or 3 years what these classes will mean to their teams. I know I'm not going to get too worked up about getting the second fewest stars for the class, its not like I'm in kindergarten and need recognition from the teacher to feel good about it. If the coaches are happy, I'm happy.

sambini
02-14-2009, 04:40 PM
We reload. Jack fans act like the Bison went 6-5 and they won the National Championship game. Hey Jacks....you beat us. For the first time since my Dad was in school....and I have children. That is a LONG TIME AGO. Congrats.

You didn't make the playoffs either. You never do. We had a monster recruiting class, we just hired a 1A coordinator to replace a stud DC....we reload. I just don't understand how you can be arrogant. That would be like Ole Miss smacking Florida. We beat you last year!!! Florida fan...."But what about the last 50 years?" It just doesn't make sense to me.

Again, congrats to the win in the Fargo Dome. Please remind all NDSU defenders that you are not allowed to push a running quarterbacks out of bounds while they are running for a TD, or lead with the shoulder on any very hard hits. Other than that, lets touch gloves and fight to the whistle.

SDSU has made the transition very nicely. Great program, they get alot out of all of their athletes. They are never in trouble, they don't punch RA's in the face, they get good grades....etc. GOOD PROGRAM. Just not sure they need to be ready to poke fun at the mighty Bison. We graduated a bunch of good kids in order to let the next class come in and prove they are ready.Well said Husker+++