PDA

View Full Version : Sam Larson

Mailman25
02-05-2009, 02:34 AM
Any news on Sam Larson being MIA from the roster?

He was one of the best distance runners ND has produced in a few years.

roadwarrior
02-05-2009, 02:57 AM
If you look at the roster on gobison, there is only one true freshman listed. Maybe they never added the new guys?

lakesbison
02-05-2009, 02:59 AM
nope..i know a true freshman.. he ran in dakota duels and he isnt on the gobison roster..

airwaveslave
02-05-2009, 04:23 AM
Don't know the story but he's not on the team this spring. Not sure if it's eligibility issues and something else, but he will not be competing.

I don't know the true freshman lakes is talking about, but typically if they're going to be competing attached, it's pretty common sense per NCAA rules that they will be listed on the roster. It's possible that his name just simply hasn't been added yet, but I know Sam Larson is not on the team this spring.

Bison still have a lot of depth in a lot of events but the men's middle distance area may be where they are lacking a little. They still have some good talent, just not the pure depth that they have had in the past (especially the 800).

lakesbison
02-05-2009, 04:40 AM
airwave.... the kid i know was the freshman on the 4 x 200 winning relay team at dakota duals. he aint on the roster.

its all good.. hopefully sam is still working out, and maybe he is redshirting. ill find out tomorrow.

Nike9
02-06-2009, 06:22 PM
Rumor (from a very reliable source) has it that Sam had some academic issues which caused him to be inelligible this fall for CC. He got it taken care of in the classroom this fall, and is taking this spring to keep focousing on school, however he does plan to run again next year and get a fresh start

tony
02-13-2009, 11:03 AM
Rumor (from a very reliable source) has it that Sam had some academic issues which caused him to be inelligible this fall for CC. He got it taken care of in the classroom this fall, and is taking this spring to keep focousing on school, however he does plan to run again next year and get a fresh start

Great to hear! ... er, not that had he problems with school but that he's concentrating on getting back to academics.