PDA

View Full Version : Great recruiting news!

tony
02-04-2009, 06:27 AM
Ashley Tingelstad from East Grand Forks by way of Lake Park-Audubon is coming to NDSU... if you don't know who she is, she ran a 55.83* 400 at the Minnesota state track meet last year. Anyway, sub-57 is a Laura Roesler-type time - heck, it would rank #7 on the all-time NDSU performance list. She's also defending state champion in the 100 and 200. She actually ran faster than the state record time in the 100 but it didn't count because of the wind - and her 200 time was sub 25 seconds too. Very impressive!

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/229955/

* The Forum story says 56.19 but that was the record time that she broke.

Civil06
02-04-2009, 12:18 PM
Ashley Tingelstad from East Grand Forks by way of Lake Park-Audubon is coming to NDSU... if you don't know who she is, she ran a 55.83* 400 at the Minnesota state track meet last year. Anyway, sub-57 is a Laura Roesler-type time - heck, it would rank #7 on the all-time NDSU performance list. She's also defending state champion in the 100 and 200. She actually ran faster than the state record time in the 100 but it didn't count because of the wind - and her 200 time was sub 25 seconds too. Very impressive!

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/229955/

* The Forum story says 56.19 but that was the record time that she broke.

Wow, thanks Tony. This women's track team is becoming elite.

sambini
02-04-2009, 03:21 PM
Welcome Ashley+++

DORMIE
02-05-2009, 09:42 PM
Another East Grand Forks athlete (Mertens) that those UND fans can throw shit on her parents lawn because she went to the AC (as they refer to us)!!

lakesbison
02-05-2009, 10:00 PM
yes , i heard that info as well.

Tatanka
02-05-2009, 10:27 PM
Another East Grand Forks athlete (Mertens) that those UND fans can throw shit on her parents lawn because she went to the AC (as they refer to us)!!

Really? Weak.

HandoEX
02-06-2009, 01:24 PM
It's great to hear she's coming to NDSU. Did she just transfer schools this year to EGF?

cbline
02-06-2009, 03:37 PM
It's great to hear she's coming to NDSU. Did she just transfer schools this year to EGF?

Yes, she spent 11th grade year at Lake Park-Audubon and then transferred at the end of the school year to EGF to live with her mom. Was living with an aunt in LPA, I believe. My kids are/were in LPA track, so I watched Ashley run a number of times. Quick, lean kid. Body frame is on the slight side, so we'll see if she fills out in the weight room at NDSU. I don't believe that she lost a single race (prelim's and finals) in any of her solo events during her 11th grade year at LPA.

BISON555
02-06-2009, 03:55 PM
Ashley's Mom remarried, and her Mother moved to the Air Force Base. I have known her Mother for many years. Her and her sibilings attended LPA. They decided that Ash would stay at her Aunt's during the week so she would not have to change schools, since she had been attending LPA her whole life. I know it was getting very difficult for everyone not being together, and they decided she would transfer.
For those of you who don't know Ashley, she is a great athlete, student and person. I am very happy she will be running for NSDU!! She will make an instant impact on the program.

lakesbison
02-06-2009, 04:45 PM
Ashley is a star, congrats!!

The track girls that roadtripped to Northern Iowa are just classy, fun, amazing women, lots of character on that team.

and the talent just keeps getting better.

D1 dynasty in the making!!

bmbollig
04-30-2009, 12:53 AM
I saw her play basketball at the Minnesota All Star game...she was amazingly fast! now i'm a HUGE FAN! i'm traveling all the way to a track meet next year to watch her run