PDA

View Full Version : It is like Christmas Eve

bisonhusker
02-03-2009, 06:31 PM
So we know most of the class. Any shocks in store for us tomorrow? Last year we lost the kid late to Illinios. He would have been a stud. Anyone expecting anything this year?

NDSUFan_Sav
02-03-2009, 06:33 PM
So we know most of the class. Any shocks in store for us tomorrow? Last year we lost the kid late to Illinios. He would have been a stud. Anyone expecting anything this year?

I expect I will drink more beer next fall then I did this fall!

I have a feeling we might land another QB tomorrow, maybe maybe not

tjbison
02-03-2009, 07:23 PM
I'm happy with the verbals we have! As long as we don't lose anybody at the last moment!

CaBisonFan
02-03-2009, 09:35 PM
I expect I will drink more beer next fall then I did this fall!

I have a feeling we might land another QB tomorrow, maybe maybe not

I'd even like to see a couple of walk-on quarterbacks...like kids from North Dakota or rural Minnesota, with potential, but not the credentials to get the scholarship. Kids that just want to play for the Bison and will work their asses off.

That goes for any position. A core attitude.

GradBison
02-03-2009, 09:40 PM
Are walk on announced tomorrow as well?

BisonNeil
02-03-2009, 09:46 PM
I hope to be surprised by a MLB, CB and another OL recruit. Those positions all need an influx of some more Fr.

And yes, preferred walk ons will be mentioned.

Great class, IMO, on paper maybe the best ever from Bohl.

tjbison
02-03-2009, 09:53 PM
I hope to be surprised by a MLB, CB and another OL recruit. Those positions all need an influx of some more Fr.

And yes, preferred walk ons will be mentioned.

Great class, IMO, on paper maybe the best ever from Bohl.

I agree but doesn't this get said EVERY year:p

MN_BISON
02-03-2009, 10:00 PM
Is the press conference announcing this years class going to be available anywhere tomorrow? I checked NDSU All Access and I didn't see it listed. Didn't they carry it live last year? :confused:

AEBison1998
02-03-2009, 10:24 PM
Last year it was on all access.

I can't wait to hear which positions some of these guys are projected at. Some I can't even tell which side of the ball they will play on.

NDSUFan_Sav
02-03-2009, 10:32 PM
Last year it was on all access.

I can't wait to hear which positions some of these guys are projected at. Some I can't even tell which side of the ball they will play on.

any idea what time all this is going on?

Kermit
02-03-2009, 10:44 PM
I agree but doesn't this get said EVERY year:p

Yes, it is said every year. However, the quality of this class looks very high when you look at what other schools were recruiting these kids, their size, their accomplishments, and when you watch some of the highlight videos---whoa!

lakesbison
02-03-2009, 11:17 PM
walk on's are announced.

im guessing right in the morning the press conference takes place.

isn't tomorrow morning's star tribune ALWAYS have the commits in there??

KTF
02-03-2009, 11:23 PM
walk on's are announced.

im guessing right in the morning the press conference takes place.

isn't tomorrow morning's star tribune ALWAYS have the commits in there??

I don't ever recall NDSU's announcement being in the morning. Got to give the guys time to fax in the letters. Last year was at 3pm I believe.

lakesbison
02-03-2009, 11:26 PM
so that startribune paper was thursday?? i really do remember everyone getting the paper and seeing where everyone is going.. hmmmm

BisonNolesFan77
02-03-2009, 11:36 PM
so that startribune paper was thursday?? i really do remember everyone getting the paper and seeing where everyone is going.. hmmmm

Star Trib's listing of where everyone is going is always the morning after National Signing Day...

The best day of the year is tomorrow!

lakesbison
02-03-2009, 11:39 PM
Faxes start coming across to S.I.D's at 8am.

At LSU, they have the Bayou Bash Recruiting Party, where fans come out to the team’s field house as early as 7:30 am and pay $15 each to eat, watch team highlights and attend the press conference of the head coach. One LSU fan put it this way: "We hunt, we fish, we tune into LSU recruiting. If you've never been in Tiger Stadium on a Saturday night in the fall, you wouldn't understand."[3]

Ill pay $20!! in the BSA or NDSU media lounge

rustywallace
02-04-2009, 12:35 AM
UND is having a recruiting party at the canad inn. Starts ealry int he morning. I believe its free.

onbison09
02-04-2009, 12:38 AM
UND is having a recruiting party at the canad inn. Starts ealry int he morning. I believe its free.
Well obviously :D

*Bisonrube
02-04-2009, 12:42 AM

Free...still way too expensive!!

silkamilkamonico
02-04-2009, 12:42 AM
I wish I could get as excited about signing day as you guys do.

The recruits come in, and you dojn't hear anything from them for about a year. Some of the guys will be gone before they step out on the field anyways.

Mr. Burgundy
02-04-2009, 12:56 AM
The UND coaches are probably telling fans it is free, then when the people get there, they charge them $100. Or maybe they lie about the location of the party. Or maybe they...nevermind...you get the joke.

Mr. Burgundy
02-04-2009, 12:57 AM
Our presser is at 3PM

tjbison
02-04-2009, 01:00 AM
I wish I could get as excited about signing day as you guys do.

The recruits come in, and you dojn't hear anything from them for about a year. Some of the guys will be gone before they step out on the field anyways.

Whats going to happen???????

I'm scared now!!:hide:

A1pigskin
02-04-2009, 01:14 AM
I wonder what the drop out rate is?

lakesbison
02-04-2009, 01:15 AM
5%

Burgandy... maybe they will have a press conference at the red pepper for all the kids that crookston took from them.

A1pigskin
02-04-2009, 01:16 AM
I got my answer from another thread. 10 -15%.

lakesbison
02-04-2009, 01:17 AM
that was me.....

10-15% on those who commit and bail

5% on those who fail outta school

Jdubs21
02-04-2009, 01:48 AM
im probly gonna lose sleep im so excited, im curious if we are gonna have any last minute verbals

silkamilkamonico
02-04-2009, 02:01 AM
Whats going to happen???????

I'm scared now!!:hide:

I haven't exactly been keeping track per say, but I highly doubt 100% of the recruits that signed their LOI have gone on and stayed at NDSU all 4 years.

I will be curious to see if any of these guys will contribute next year. Looks like a great class, and some of these guys have a physical look to where they can contribute right away.

lakesbison
02-04-2009, 02:07 AM
theres gotta be 1-2 offers left out there. guess we'll find out tomorrow!

jugular
02-04-2009, 02:13 AM
If you get around 60% of your class to be on the 2-deep depth chart by their junior year you are usually doing well. That along with a couple "gamechangers" every class. By that I mean guys that are 1st or 2nd Team All-Conference at a minimum.

I wonder what the drop out rate is?

silkamilkamonico
02-04-2009, 03:22 AM
If you get around 60% of your class to be on the 2-deep depth chart by their junior year you are usually doing well. That along with a couple "gamechangers" every class. By that I mean guys that are 1st or 2nd Team All-Conference at a minimum.

I'm hoping some of those WR's can step up and be gamechangers. WHat a good looking group at a significant skill position.

lakesbison
02-04-2009, 03:25 AM
the Central Florida kid should step in right away and wyoming safety.

also, Hank Jacobs and Justin Juckem..... studs.

Kermit
02-04-2009, 05:40 AM
the Central Florida kid should step in right away and wyoming safety.

also, Hank Jacobs and Justin Juckem..... studs.

Kuhtz, the transfer from Wyoming, will likely play linebacker. I'd expect him to challenge for playing time immediately. I remember that the Bison really liked him coming out of high school.

Jacobs sounds like a real stud tackle, but true freshmen almost never play in the offensive line. Juckem (and perhaps others) may have a shot at playing early at DE, as there is room for 4 DE's to play, and I'm not sure what is in the cupboard after Johnson and Boyer.