PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Jackson, 2008 signing class

tony
01-31-2009, 10:14 AM
Kevin Jackson, from last year's signing class, set a meet record in the 60 meters this weekend for the Bison track team! Still a long ways to go to catch Stacy Robinson though :)

sambini
01-31-2009, 12:16 PM
Good job Kevin++++

Jdubs21
01-31-2009, 04:54 PM
Is he only running track now or is he with the football team still?

rutlandbison
01-31-2009, 05:26 PM
Is he only running track now or is he with the football team still?
He is doing both... I think.

17>1
01-31-2009, 06:28 PM
I'm about 99.9% sure he's still on the team. He wouldn't come all the way here to do football and run track and then just settle on track. He did pass up a full ride from The Ohio State University to run track for them, so I don't think we have anything to worry about. Can't wait to see this kid running around in a Bison football uniform.

TCBisonFan
01-31-2009, 06:34 PM
I'm about 99.9% sure he's still on the team. He wouldn't come all the way here to do football and run track and then just settle on track. He did pass up a full ride from The Ohio State University to run track for them, so I don't think we have anything to worry about. Can't wait to see this kid running around in a Bison football uniform.

Well he may have had a scholarship offer I doubt it was a full. The NCAA only allows 12.69 scholarships for men's division 1. I do believe however he is running both as well.

OldBison
01-31-2009, 09:14 PM
I have always been kind of luke warm about football players doing two sports, the ones that interfere with spring ball that is. Spring ball is where players hone their skills and with several DB spots open this spring, it could cost him a chance for significant playing time.

Castor Troy
01-31-2009, 10:12 PM
Well he may have had a scholarship offer I doubt it was a full. The NCAA only allows 12.69 scholarships for men's division 1. I do believe however he is running both as well.

Man, just seeing that in print makes it seem even more pathetic. Did you know that it is the same for Division II? Which is why St. Augs and Abilene could place in the top 5 in DI consistently since they carry the maximum.

RRVBISON
01-31-2009, 10:19 PM
I have always been kind of luke warm about football players doing two sports, the ones that interfere with spring ball that is. Spring ball is where players hone their skills and with several DB spots open this spring, it could cost him a chance for significant playing time.

What type of DB is Kevin? CB?

Bison Dan
01-31-2009, 10:48 PM
What type of DB is Kevin? CB?

Safety........

Hansel
01-31-2009, 11:51 PM

Didn't Craig Dahl run track?

What was Larson's quote... something like many of the NDSU FB players who went to the NFL competed in track?

sambini
02-01-2009, 03:08 AM
What Don Laarson is going to make em slower? Past football players in track have been Jared Essler,Marcus Johnson,Craig Dahl,Jeremiah Wurzbacher,Allen Burrell, Stacy Robinson,Kevin Donnally, Robert BLakely, Shane Hodenfield, over the 25 plus years. That I can remeber..

Bisonguy
02-01-2009, 03:13 AM
Wasn't Richard Lewis in track as well?

Castor Troy
02-01-2009, 11:09 AM
What Don Laarson is going to make em slower? Past football players in track have been Jared Essler,Marcus Johnson,Craig Dahl,Jeremiah Wurzbacher,Allen Burrell, Stacy Robinson,Kevin Donnally, Robert BLakely, Shane Hodenfield, over the 25 plus years. That I can remeber..

...Dave and Steve Marion, Tyrone Lewis, Matt Ness, Jake Morris, Kyle Carlson, Joe Toth, Tyrone Braxton, Len Kretchman...

sambini
02-01-2009, 11:47 AM
...Dave and Steve Marion, Tyrone Lewis, Matt Ness, Jake Morris, Kyle Carlson, Joe Toth, Tyrone Braxton, Len Kretchman... Thanks I was trying to remember also Mike Stratton.

d3boys
02-01-2009, 11:23 PM
run track til spring ball should not be a problem
helping out bison nation and staying in shape