PDA

View Full Version : Brock Jensen Commits

Jdubs21
01-30-2009, 03:29 AM
Finally a QB!!

HerdBot
01-30-2009, 03:46 AM
Finally a QB!!

Looks like he's going to have some good receivers too!!

CaBisonFan
01-30-2009, 04:00 AM
Finally a QB!!

Un - be - liev - able

steelbison
01-30-2009, 04:28 AM
http://www.wissports.net/sports/football/playerrank.asp?sportid=3&list=1&pos=12

Had him as the second best prospect at QB

lakesbison
01-30-2009, 04:31 AM
NOT IMPRESSED.... CMON!!!!

took him from DULUTH!?!? ARGH!

p.s- I dont like wisconsin though.. i might be biased..

roadwarrior
01-30-2009, 05:02 AM
Haha lakes!

NDSU has a long history of impact players from the Badger state!

lakesbison
01-30-2009, 05:04 AM
ok road........ i just wanted a STUD QB.. this kid is middle of the road.

THIS JUST SHOWS EVERYONE THAT BOHL WANTS:

MERTENS 09
JOSE 2010-2012

Maybe Jensen 2013-14

MN_BISON
01-30-2009, 05:15 AM

Have you seen him play since you are saying he's middle of the road? He had 2700 combined yards last season and 33 TD's, he's 6-3 and 208 pounds, I think he'll do just fine at NDSU. No offense Lakes, but I'll trust the coaches on this one, looks like a keeper and he's excited to be a Bison. Welcome to the Herd Brock.

coloradobison
01-30-2009, 05:20 AM

MERTENS 09
JOSE 2010-2012

Maybe Jensen 2013-14

How about the kids just prove who is best on the field and that QB is the one who will lead us? Maybe there will be a late verbal or sign who will be the one.

ndsubison1
01-30-2009, 05:21 AM
I'm just glad we got a QB commit. I would love to see Davis commit though too...

sambini
01-30-2009, 05:52 AM
Welcome Brock+++

Bison_Pride
01-30-2009, 05:58 AM
Some video of him being athlete of the week. Looks good and he really wants to be here.

http://www.postcrescent.com/article/20081209/APC0210/312090071/0/theme&theme=APCPASTATHLETE

Hammersmith
01-30-2009, 06:13 AM
Hey, you all know that Lakes dumping on the guy is the best thing that can happen to him. Remember what happens when a player gets the Lakes' Seal of Approval?

NDSUFan_Sav
01-30-2009, 06:30 AM

MERTENS 09
JOSE 2010-2012

Maybe Jensen 2013-14

disagree this shows he wants depth at QB and need you can't go in with what we had, in case of injury or of anything happening. I know Bohl really likes Mohler!

BigBison
01-30-2009, 07:03 AM
I'm looking forward to see BROCK play, the kid really wants to be here which is a good thing, I think he going to surprize people. Welcome to NDSU, BROCK.

NDSU1980
01-30-2009, 12:30 PM

Now I know Jensen is a winner. Considering how lakes's last sure fire winner at QB turned out, my faith is restored.

mebisonII
01-30-2009, 12:47 PM
Hey, you all know that Lakes dumping on the guy is the best thing that can happen to him. Remember what happens when a player gets the Lakes' Seal of Approval?

Exactly what I thought. The Lakes Curse will not rest on Brock.

THANK YOU LAKES!

GradBison
01-30-2009, 12:55 PM
Welcome to NDSU Mr. Jensen!
216 days until kickoff...

Civil06
01-30-2009, 01:00 PM

Well, Duluth just beat Grand Valley State, so in some way maybe this is better than getting AJ? Welcome, Brock!

GLNWD-BISON
01-30-2009, 01:03 PM

According to Hallstrom's blog: "Jensen says Wisconsin offered him a preferred walk-on, but he told them early in the process that he wanted to find a full-ride offer."

He can't be that bad Lakes if Wisconson wanted him to walk on...

BisonNeil
01-30-2009, 01:50 PM

I am definitely with you on this one. Personally, Lakes opinion on QBs ranks right up there with Bush's opinion on economic stimulus packages.

Thunder_Struck
01-30-2009, 01:50 PM

What a great Bison Fan! Like you have any idea or ability to be grading out recruits. Just goes to show every team has idiot fans, and the Bison are no exception thanks to this guy.

lakesbison
01-30-2009, 01:57 PM
Thundar Struck... anytime anywhere to compare football knowledge....

im ready.

and people.. my POINT was.... and still IS... Mertens this year, Jose after that.. and BOHL signing Brock instead of a FBS transfer, JUCO or someone more HIGH PROFILE.... solidifies my take.

welcome to ndsu brock... (p,s--yes I do hate wisconsin and the packers that much...just ask rob hyland & mitch clark my buddy's from college, ha ha!)

Thunder_Struck
01-30-2009, 02:00 PM
It's funny how many people lakes refers to as "buddies" of his, and you never see anyone post that lakes is there "buddy". Even Sid had Bobby Knight admit they were close personal friends on ESPN the other night.

Jdubs21
01-30-2009, 02:01 PM
anyone know what schools steve walker chose us over? i didnt think he was a very highly touted player coming out of HS and look where he led this team to? gotta judge the player on their heart and leadership not by what schools are recruiting him

lakesbison
01-30-2009, 02:02 PM
thunder.... i had kfan admit it once... but I see your point *sniff-sniff*

im gonna go lay in the corner with tab's free kitty.

*Bisonrube
01-30-2009, 02:03 PM
What a great Bison Fan! Like you have any idea or ability to be grading out recruits. Just goes to show every team has idiot fans, and the Bison are no exception thanks to this guy.

Whoa nelly...yes, I am defending Lakes. I think this kid is great (and I have no idea how Bohl grades ability at QB)...I am also just curious why we were competing with Duluth and no other D1 school.
But, welcome to NDSU...in Bohl I trust

Bison Dan
01-30-2009, 02:08 PM
anyone know what schools steve walker chose us over? i didnt think he was a very highly touted player coming out of HS and look where he led this team to? gotta judge the player on their heart and leadership not by what schools are recruiting him

At this level it's the intangibles that make or break a qb. Leadership, qb instinct, and how he handles pressure. Almost every qb can throw the ball and hand off. Until you get them in camp it's hard to judge the intangibles.

Jdubs21
01-30-2009, 02:10 PM
At this level it's the intangibles that make or break a qb. Leadership, qb instinct, and how he handles pressure. Almost every qb can throw the ball and hand off. Until you get them in camp it's hard to judge the intangibles.

agreed :)

Wacker_in_the_Hall
01-30-2009, 02:31 PM
I am definitely with you on this one. Personally, Lakes opinion on QBs ranks right up there with Bush's opinion on economic stimulus packages.

But both Lakes and Bush's plans are better than the package Nobama is rolling out.

TAILG8R
01-30-2009, 02:35 PM
But both Lakes and Bush's plans are better than the package Nobama is rolling out.

Please visit http://www.usmessageboard.com/ for anything further on the subject. I believe this is a Bison Football thread.

coldspot
01-30-2009, 02:38 PM
politics=:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

bohl is planning one heck of an offensive stimulus package though.:nod:

Kermit
01-30-2009, 02:40 PM
Here's my take on Brock Jensen vs. Steve Walker coming out of high school.

Steve Walker was a very high profile high school player. He played in the big school division, had tremendous statistics, won a state championship due to his heroics, and was the Illinois offensive player of the year. All the regional D-I schools knew about him, but he wasn't considered a top prospect because of concerns about his body, arm strength, and general athletic ability. I guess the scouts forgot to measure his heart and moxy. He proved the doubters wrong.

By comparison, Brock Jensen has been "under the radar." He plays at a small (852 students) D3 high school in Wisconsin that runs a lot of option. He didn't have to throw the ball too much, and his stats weren't eye-catching. Not a typical profile of a QB that gets multiple D-I offers. On the other hand, he did lead his team to a state championship, and the D-I program closest to home (Wisconsin) offered him a walk-on opportunity. He is a big kid (6'3, 208 lb.) who is said to have good athletic ability and a pretty good arm. In several ways, he is very, very different than Steve Walker. They are similar in that they have both been champions and Jensen sounds like a great kid based on Hallstrom's report.

Unlike some here, I do have confidence in our coaching staff. Recruiting a HS kid is inherently a bit of a gamble, but my bet is on the Bison.

Bison Dan
01-30-2009, 02:44 PM
Here's my take on Brock Jensen vs. Steve Walker coming out of high school.

Steve Walker was a very high profile high school player. He played in the big school division, had tremendous statistics, won a state championship due to his heroics, and was the Illinois offensive player of the year. All the regional D-I schools knew about him, but he wasn't considered a top prospect because of concerns about his body, arm strength, and general athletic ability. I guess the scouts forgot to measure his heart and moxy. He proved the doubters wrong.

By comparison, Brock Jensen has been "under the radar." He plays at a small (852 students) D3 high school in Wisconsin that runs a lot of option. He didn't have to throw the ball too much, and his stats weren't eye-catching. Not a typical profile of a QB that gets multiple D-I offers. On the other hand, he did lead his team to a state championship, and the D-I program closest to home (Wisconsin) offered him a walk-on opportunity. He is a big kid (6'3, 208 lb.) who is said to have good athletic ability and a pretty good arm. In several ways, he is very, very different than Steve Walker. They are similar in that they have both been champions and Jensen sounds like a great kid based on Hallstrom's report.

Unlike some here, I do have confidence in our coaching staff. Recruiting a HS kid is inherently a bit of a gamble, but my bet is on the Bison.

He had 2700 combined yards and 33 TD's - Not to bad. I think it's important to have a mobile qb in our offense.

OtterTailLakeBison
01-30-2009, 02:52 PM
I think Brock will rock!

Passion, taking direction, competitiveness and leadership make up the core intangibles of a good fb player. I think of those "highly recruited" Bison stars of the past - Walker, Mays, Roehl, Safe - who took those "slights" in recruiting and became All-America caliber.

If you want to see a perfect example of QB recruiting and how inaccurate the experts are, please see http://espn.go.com/recruiting/s/2003topqbs.html and take special notice of rankings 6 - 19.

lakesbison
01-30-2009, 02:56 PM
6-19 never took a snap at their schools, did they??

OtterTailLakeBison
01-30-2009, 03:00 PM
Dennis Dixon had a Heisman-like season in 2007 until he blew out his knee in early November. He and Oregon laid the hurt on Michigan the game after App St.

However you are correct, lakes, the other guys had nondescript careers.

silkamilkamonico
01-30-2009, 04:17 PM
Thundar Struck... anytime anywhere to compare football knowledge....

im ready.

and people.. my POINT was.... and still IS... Mertens this year, Jose after that.. and BOHL signing Brock instead of a FBS transfer, JUCO or someone more HIGH PROFILE.... solidifies my take.

You adamantly back Mertens as a great QB even though he struggled significantly last season (probably because he was "High profile"), and turn your nose down to chosen QB recruit the coaches seem to see potential in because he isn't "high profile"?

Your "take" is obviously clueless on this one.

lakesbison
01-30-2009, 04:25 PM
mertens STRUGGLES.. were on dropped passes and mental issues by the coaches and their playcalling.....

mertens is a solid qb , its a shame that the snowball effects went AGAINST him after the wyoming game. period.

silkamilkamonico
01-30-2009, 04:29 PM
mertens STRUGGLES.. were on dropped passes and mental issues by the coaches and their playcalling.....

And also the fact that Mertens just made some terrible decisions at key moments of games.

You're attempts to glorify a soph QB that made some terrible decisions while "blaming" coaches who've worked with the ins and outs longer than he's been playing football is proven futile.

When "solid QB's" have teammates that are struggling, they step up and find other ways to make plays. They don't "give up" and just throw into double coverage, like you're insinuation of Mertens.

rutlandbison
01-30-2009, 04:31 PM
6-19 never took a snap at their schools, did they??
Blake mitchell took snaps at South Carolina. He was starter before he got into some big academic trouble and chris smelly pushed him out. T.C. Ostrander was the starter for Stanford when they beat USC 2 years ago, infact i think he was getting looks from scouts.

silkamilkamonico
01-30-2009, 04:35 PM
Lakes i would like to match college knowledge with you like you challenged somebody else.

Lakes "college knowledge" is a direct reflection of sourcing the player's high school, and then deciding enrollment numbers and equating to which level they played in. Why? "Because NDSU is D1".

bisonmike2
01-30-2009, 04:58 PM
I like the signing. He's got size, wants to be here. This gives us depth that we greatly needed. This will also sets up a nice little competition for QB next year between Jose and Brock. Plus I think it's even a better sign that Lakes isn't impressed. Avoiding the kiss of death from Lakes is the first step toward success.

OldBison
01-30-2009, 05:22 PM
I am also just curious why we were competing with Duluth and no other D1 school.

I thought Hallstrom was told by Jensen that he had a preferred walk on offer from the Badgers? If so, they must have seen something in him. Was NDSU not competing with the Badgers for Jensen? Does this not count?

BisonNeil
01-30-2009, 05:28 PM
If you want to see a perfect example of QB recruiting and how inaccurate the experts are, please see http://espn.go.com/recruiting/s/2003topqbs.html and take special notice of rankings 6 - 19.

Also, the same for 2005, look at the top 5 rated recruits and how they did versus 15-20. Not a science, that is why coaches SHOULD recruit a QB every year to have a talent pool to choose from.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/stewart_mandel/01/26/05-qb-class/1.html

lakesbison
01-30-2009, 06:41 PM
oldbison. Wisconsin/Minnesota/Iowa show interest/give walk on's to a LOT of in-state kids, so take that with a grain of salt.

If this kid is worthy enough of D1 in Wisconsin, then why wasn't there offers from:
West Illinois, Southern Ill, Northern Illinois,West Mich, etc, they attack wisconsin hard. even though waupaca is up in the sticks.

*Bisonrube
01-30-2009, 06:45 PM
I thought Hallstrom was told by Jensen that he had a preferred walk on offer from the Badgers? If so, they must have seen something in him. Was NDSU not competing with the Badgers for Jensen? Does this not count?

Yeah, I guess. I am not saying I know anything about this guy...and I am 100% hoping for the best. I just find it unusual that noone else offered him a scholly. Just talking

NDSU1980
01-30-2009, 06:45 PM
mertens STRUGGLES.. were on dropped passes and mental issues period.

For some reason, the defending team never had a trouble with dropping "Morse" Mertens passes. Since he can't be broken of the habit of telegraphing his passes, it's time to move on.

17>1
01-30-2009, 10:31 PM
Found a news spot on athlete of the week Brock Jensen. If this has already been posted, my bad. I can't seem to ever make links work so just go to WBAY TV in Green Bay and look for athlete of the week.

Big kid.

Kermit
01-30-2009, 10:36 PM
Found a news spot on athlete of the week Brock Jensen. If this has already been posted, my bad. I can't seem to ever make links work so just go to WBAY TV in Green Bay and look for athlete of the week.

Big kid.

http://www.wbay.com/global/video/flash/popupplayer.asp?ClipID1=3126937&h1=Athlete%20of%20the%20Week%3A%20Brock%20Jensen&vt1=v&at1=Station%201&d1=119333&LaunchPageAdTag=Sport&activePane=info&rnd=98143511

Thanks, 8>1

17>1
01-30-2009, 10:40 PM
Gracias !!!

Kermit
01-31-2009, 12:11 PM
Another nice article from Marlin Lee: http://www.wissports.net/sports/football/blog/message.aspx?f=113&id=992398

The piece includes some interesting details of the recruiting process.

sambini
01-31-2009, 12:15 PM
Thanks Kermit for the link+++

BisonCardinal
01-31-2009, 01:52 PM

mertens is a solid qb , its a shame that the snowball effects went AGAINST him after the wyoming game. period.

EVERY qb has to deal with dropped passes in their stats. How about we keep track of all the horrible short or behind the receiver Mertens passes that the receiver heroically caught and stack that against his dropped passes and call it even.

Bison Dan
01-31-2009, 02:09 PM
Another nice article from Marlin Lee: http://www.wissports.net/sports/football/blog/message.aspx?f=113&id=992398

The piece includes some interesting details of the recruiting process.

Real classy on und's part - What are they doing recruiting against Crookton? Alot of kids read that site a real black eye for coaches up North.....

johnson
01-31-2009, 02:38 PM
What I like is how the story about Jensen explains how NDSU asked him to be patient in december, and how the coaching staff came to him on wed. and Bohl was at his house welcoming him on thurs. Which then the article finishes with the true colors of the boys to the north. I hope a lot of people read that one.

Tatanka
01-31-2009, 02:39 PM
Real classy on und's part - What are they doing recruiting against Crookton? Alot of kids read that site a real black eye for coaches up North.....

“Before I went on my (official) visit Coach (Rod) Carey promised me they would offer me when I went up there and they never did. Then he told me they would know what they were doing in a week and when I called a week later they still couldn't tell me anything. Then when I called a couple days later Coach Carey didn't answer my phone calls or return my messages. I called once and left a message once for three days in a row and they never called back. So when he called me today offering a preferred walk-on I declined and immediately called Bemidji State and committed there,” Safstrom

:uhyeah: :smh:

ndsubison1
01-31-2009, 04:58 PM
Stay classy little sister to the north

NDSUFan_Sav
01-31-2009, 05:09 PM
Stay classy little sister to the north

any clue if they have or will be upgrading from the outhouse??? :D

DORMIE
01-31-2009, 07:38 PM
I heard this at an Alumni Assn. function Thursday evening. Seems that one of NDSU's VP's was at a wedding in New York a couple of weeks back. He had a relative there who is a coach at Sagerstrom HS in Santa Ana, CA. He said that one of their players (Niclaus Powell-Calhoun) was being recruited by a few mid majors, one of them being UND. He is interested in Engineering (Cal-Poly also recruited him) and UND told him that they had the largest engineering department in the state. NOT!! Well on being told that this was far from the truth, Calhoun visited NDSU and actually met with the same VP. Another person also told me that UND has been telling recruits that our coaching staff is in disaray, when actually I've heard that UND is really having financial difficulties. Getting Calhoun with the other 4 receivers is just what the doctor ordered. Can't wait till this class are sophomores in 2011.

rutlandbison
01-31-2009, 08:30 PM
What The French Toast Is Wrong With Them Up North?!?!?!?

Bison Dan
01-31-2009, 08:59 PM
I heard this at an Alumni Assn. function Thursday evening. Seems that one of NDSU's VP's was at a wedding in New York a couple of weeks back. He had a relative there who is a coach at Sagerstrom HS in Santa Ana, CA. He said that one of their players (Niclaus Powell-Calhoun) was being recruited by a few mid majors, one of them being UND. He is interested in Engineering (Cal-Poly also recruited him) and UND told him that they had the largest engineering department in the state. NOT!! Well on being told that this was far from the truth, Calhoun visited NDSU and actually met with the same VP. Another person also told me that UND has been telling recruits that our coaching staff is in disaray, when actually I've heard that UND is really having financial difficulties. Getting Calhoun with the other 4 receivers is just what the doctor ordered. Can't wait till this class are sophomores in 2011.

Since we haven't lost any recruits we wanted to und maybe they need to be better liars or start telling the truth. Really sad - I think the kid from WI said it all about the staff up there.

NDSU1980
01-31-2009, 10:37 PM

UND never let the truth get in the way. I'm sure they tell everyone the Nazi's were really fun loving people who just went a little over the top. :)

SDbison
02-01-2009, 02:14 AM
I really hope Brock turns out to be something special. Quite sure Troy isn't up to the task, not enough known about Jose yet and from what we saw last year Mertens has several issues. If there are no surprise transfers from FBS this is all there is to compete for a starting QB next fall. Even though Bohl said Mertens didn't have a lock on the QB position for next year I am not confident there is someone who has enough experience / talent to take over. In my opinion the QB recruiting did not turn out as well as hoped. Likely will be stuck with Mertens who has poor control over his passes and is not a very good decision maker. Unless something changes could be in for another frustrating season. Defense can't do it all. Flame away all you eternal optimists.......

rutlandbison
02-01-2009, 02:55 AM
Why not be an optimist???? Better than thinking the season is hopeless and draging everybody down with it.:nod: :D

Scooter1
02-01-2009, 03:23 AM
I really hope Brock turns out to be something special. Quite sure Troy isn't up to the task, not enough known about Jose yet and from what we saw last year Mertens has several issues. If there are no surprise transfers from FBS this is all there is to compete for a starting QB next fall. Even though Bohl said Mertens didn't have a lock on the QB position for next year I am not confident there is someone who has enough experience / talent to take over. In my opinion the QB recruiting did not turn out as well as hoped. Likely will be stuck with Mertens who has poor control over his passes and is not a very good decision maker. Unless something changes could be in for another frustrating season. Defense can't do it all. Flame away all you eternal optimists.......

1. Vigen is now the offensive coordinator and it sounds like he wants to play to his quarterbacks strengths as opposed to highlighting his weaknesses. Mertens has a frustrating season last year. Get over it. We get it.

2. No one saw Jackson outside of a couple of plays last year. He had absolutely no experience in running our offense (spring ball) and wasn't ready. That's not entirely surprising. He may surprise everyone when he gets some coaching in spring ball. No sense in dumping on this kid.

3. No one saw Jose Mohler last year because it wasn't worth the loss of a year for just one game. Sounds like we have some real speed and height coming in at WR and this kid can throw it a country mile. No sense in dumping on this kid.

4. Brock seams to be a dual threat with the pass and the run. You wish him well but can't resist stating that you are dissapointed that we didn't get someone better. (didn't turn out as well as hoped) No sense dumping on this kid he hasn't even arrived yet.

So.. we have two Seniors a sophomore and two young guns. Doesn't sound all that dire.

mercury743
02-01-2009, 03:23 AM
Speaking of QB's...not sure what is happening with the Bison and Westendorp, but it sounds like Central Michigan (MAC) is making a play. Maybe someone should send AJ some video of the thrashing we gave them awhile back.

http://michigan.scout.com/a.z?s=162&p=2&c=835116[/URL]

Bisonguy
02-01-2009, 03:35 AM
1. Vigen is now the offensive coordinator and it sounds like he wants to play to his quarterbacks strengths as opposed to highlighting his weaknesses. Mertens has a frustrating season last year. Get over it. We get it.

2. No one saw Jackson outside of a couple of plays last year. He had absolutely no experience in running our offense (spring ball) and wasn't ready. That's not entirely surprising. He may surprise everyone when he gets some coaching in spring ball. No sense in dumping on this kid.

3. No one saw Jose Mohler last year because it wasn't worth the loss of a year for just one game. Sounds like we have some real speed and height coming in at WR and this kid can throw it a country mile. No sense in dumping on this kid.

4. Brock seams to be a dual threat with the pass and the run. You wish him well but can't resist stating that you are dissapointed that we didn't get someone better. (didn't turn out as well as hoped) No sense dumping on this kid he hasn't even arrived yet.

So.. we have two Seniors a sophomore and two young guns. Doesn't sound all that dire.

For everyone's reference- Here's the link to the Vigen interview where he talks about tweaking the offense next year and lessons learned about the QB position this season- http://www.wday.com/news/index.cfm?id=8199

56BISON73
02-01-2009, 04:12 AM
For everyone's reference- Here's the link to the Vigen interview where he talks about tweaking the offense next year and lessons learned about the QB position this season- http://www.wday.com/news/index.cfm?id=8199

Thanks BG. Enjoyed it. PL

SDbison
02-01-2009, 04:44 AM
Why not be an optimist???? Better than thinking the season is hopeless and draging everybody down with it.:nod: :D
Other than pure optimism both you and scooter have little to hang your hat on. Outside of Mertens no one has much game experience and Mertens didn't exactly light things up. Big deal, change the O to match Mertens supposed great college running game. He isn't that fast or quick that the team can rely on big yards from him. Two rushes during the SDSU game does not make him a superstar. He also has to have the touch for short passes, the ability to connect on the deep ones and the smarts to throw the ball away when its not there. Last year he didn't do so well. I have heard Troy can't remember the playbook so I am a little worried about him. Maybe Jose can be a savior but who knows. Obviously Brock is very new to the system. Vigen might do well as O coordinator but it is possible his suggested plays may have been the ones that didn't work last year. So I am basing my judgement on what is known not just green and gold glasses. I am being realistic, not just negative like some of you want to label me. Would have been nice to have brought in a QB with experience to challenge Mertens. That is just not the case. So I will wait with the rest of you and hope for the best.

DIBISON
02-01-2009, 05:41 AM
Other than pure optimism both you and scooter have little to hang your hat on. Outside of Mertens no one has much game experience and Mertens didn't exactly light things up. Big deal, change the O to match Mertens supposed great college running game. He isn't that fast or quick that the team can rely on big yards from him. Two rushes during the SDSU game does not make him a superstar. He also has to have the touch for short passes, the ability to connect on the deep ones and the smarts to throw the ball away when its not there. Last year he didn't do so well. I have heard Troy can't remember the playbook so I am a little worried about him. Maybe Jose can be a savior but who knows. Obviously Brock is very new to the system. Vigen might do well as O coordinator but it is possible his suggested plays may have been the ones that didn't work last year. So I am basing my judgement on what is known not just green and gold glasses. I am being realistic, not just negative like some of you want to label me. Would have been nice to have brought in a QB with experience to challenge Mertens. That is just not the case. So I will wait with the rest of you and hope for the best.

Move on as 2008 is over and the Bison recruited a quarterback in 2009!!

The first game is September 3, 2009 at Iowa State so reserve your comments until then.

SDbison
02-01-2009, 02:17 PM
Move on as 2008 is over and the Bison recruited a quarterback in 2009!!

The first game is September 3, 2009 at Iowa State so reserve your comments until then.
Bullshit.....this is a messageboard intended for commentary. The QB position is still a weak spot for the Bison. I give the coaches a C, maybe a C+ for getting Brock. I amazed after what they went through last year that the coaches would be satisfied with just one newbie QB. This position was ripe for a stud out of high school or a FBS transfer. For all the other positions I say the recruiting was a B+.

Bison Dan
02-01-2009, 02:24 PM
Bullshit.....this is a messageboard intended for commentary. The QB position is still a weak spot for the Bison. I give the coaches a C, maybe a C+ for getting Brock. I amazed after what they went through last year that the coaches would be satisfied with just one newbie QB. This position was ripe for a stud out of high school or a FBS transfer. For all the other positions I say the recruiting was a B+.

Wonderful you gave your commentary! Feel better?

SDbison
02-01-2009, 02:30 PM
Do you feel better being an asshole?

Bison Dan
02-01-2009, 03:00 PM

Oh my - no I don't - tell me how it feels??

rutlandbison
02-01-2009, 03:11 PM
Man you are negative. Looks like we're shit out of luck for the next 6 years.

rutlandbison
02-01-2009, 03:13 PM
Yes please tell us how it feels. Well the 2008 season is over and so is the year. It is time to move on. Hell we might get a FBS transfer still. Didn't we sign Jackson really late?

SDbison
02-01-2009, 03:18 PM
Oh my - no I don't - tell me how it feels??
Bison Dick there was nothing wrong with the points I was making.......then you had to come on here and start making personal attacks. Again, all I was doing was pointing out the QB position is still in question. As a fan I have every right to express my concern.

SDbison
02-01-2009, 03:23 PM
Yes please tell us how it feels. Well the 2008 season is over and so is the year. It is time to move on. Hell we might get a FBS transfer still. Didn't we sign Jackson really late?
No rutland, you are the #1 ass here so I doubt you need instruction. No it is not time to move on. There are still many questions about how the QB situation will be improved. Only point that I agree with you is hoping for a possible late transfer......but I already made that point.

NDSU1980
02-01-2009, 04:33 PM
Guys, this thread is about getting a quality QB in Brock Jensen, not having a pissing contest over the failures of one man in 2008. Let's look to the future. Hey, spring football pretty soon. How soon it is depends on if Lakes sees his shadow this week. :) :)

56BISON73
02-01-2009, 04:34 PM
Guys, this thread is about getting a quality QB in Brock Jensen, not having a pissing contest over the failures of one man in 2008. Let's look to the future. Hey, spring football pretty soon. How soon it is depends on if Lakes sees his shadow this week. :) :)

The Lakes Effect is this week???? Oh MY???????:D
PL

lakesbison
02-01-2009, 04:39 PM
ITS SUPER BOWL !!! AND ITS BEFORE NOON.. and if you DONT drink before NOON, then you can't say you drank all day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BROCK--welcome to NDSU

Mertens in 09

Jose in 2010-2012.....

Brock will learn and compete for 2013-2014.

EVERYONE HAVE A SHOT ON ME AND ARIZONA AND THE POINTS to lose..

UTH
02-01-2009, 05:18 PM

Do you feel better being an @$$hole?

Maybe we'll all feel better if you armwrestle over it with private messages? This stuff isn't much fun to read when it gets personal.

JustinTyem
02-01-2009, 05:19 PM
Welcome Home in the Great North Brock. As a Comet Fan Im very happy for the Bisons. BTW- This is some video of the waupaca comets ....... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKvJ__3_q3g&feature=related

lakesbison
02-01-2009, 05:22 PM
JUSTIN... welcome to bisonville.. ignore the brotherly fighting... SEE YOU IN THE WEST LOT TAILGATING!

p.s-the defensive backs in that league are statues, wow.

UTH
02-01-2009, 05:23 PM
Oh yeah - Welcome aboard, Mr. Jenson!!! QB controversy aside, it's always good to see more competition for the position. Methinks it's a little early to project who'll be the walking man - just happy to see some depth in the upcoming roster.:hide:

JustinTyem
02-01-2009, 05:31 PM
BTW- Brock Jensen It might help to find video or paper about him. My Nephew was Brock's Right guard,#76 of the comets.

AEBison1998
02-01-2009, 06:47 PM
Looks like we should sign up #12. He's already use to tossing him the ball!

BlueBisonRock
02-01-2009, 07:15 PM
BTW- Brock Jenson not Jensen. It might help to find video or paper about him. My Nephew was Brock's Right guard,#76 of the comets.

Welcome to the board and to the Bison. I appreciate the video and the insight you are providing about Brock. He appears to bring leadership, sense of purpose, and focus necessary to succeed. I am looking forward to watching him deveop over the next 5 years! :bow:

UTH
02-01-2009, 07:38 PM
The Lakes Effect is this week???? Oh MY???????:D
PL

Looking like it.

Worst thing he's done lately, though: He hijacked a good SDSUfans smack thread and steered it toward some sort of reasonable-looking discussion about scheduling.:rolleyes: Or something.:rolleyes: Watch out... the Four Horsemen might be saddling up...

Bison Dan
02-01-2009, 09:11 PM
Bison Dick there was nothing wrong with the points I was making.......then you had to come on here and start making personal attacks. Again, all I was doing was pointing out the QB position is still in question. As a fan I have every right to express my concern.

Personal attacks - You call that a personal attack? How many times in the last 4 months have you expressed the same thing over and over and over? But hey feel free to do it all you want. It just gets old when you say nothing new.. over and over and over....

BisonCardinal
02-01-2009, 09:18 PM
Agree with you AE, #12 made Brock look good.

Welcome to NDSU Brock!!!

JustinTyem
02-01-2009, 09:30 PM
LoL,Darn it I hate that I had a stroke. I have watched Brock grow up as him and my nephew a friends,and I still make mistakes about how to spell his last name(sorry)it is Jensen not Jenson. But I do plan to get to a game in Fargo atleast to watch one of his games.

tjbison
02-01-2009, 09:32 PM
LoL,Darn it I hate that I had a stroke. I have watched Brock grow up as him and my nephew a friends,and I still make mistakes about how to spell his last name(sorry)it is Jensen not Jenson. But I do plan to get to a game in Fargo atleast to watch one of his games.

Sounds like a good plan!!:nod:

Scooter1
02-02-2009, 12:34 AM

1.Brock Jensen was a good get. The kid is a leader and will challenge for playing time in a few years.

2.We all knew Troy was going to be a project , give the kid a chance. Sping ball can do wonders.

3.If Vigen was the one suggesting the plays that didn't work do you really think Bohl would have promoted him? You say you base your opinion on what is known...yet you speculate on Vigen's influence last year to support your bull shit.

4. I hang my hat on my reputation...which BTW I have just as many reputation lights as you... the difference is that I have less than 500 posts... you over 4000. Think about it.

BisonNeil
02-02-2009, 02:47 AM
Brock will learn and compete for 2013-2014.

A little help for you Lakes on your math:

Jenson Fr 2009
RFr 2010
So 2011
Jr 2012
Sr 2013

So, unless you think Brock is going to grayshirt, or get hurt really badly and get a medical hardship, or somehow else be granted a 6th year of eligibility, I doubt very much he will be competing in 2014.

steelbison
02-02-2009, 03:32 AM
1.Brock Jensen was a good get. The kid is a leader and will challenge for playing time in a few years.

2.We all knew Troy was going to be a project , give the kid a chance. Sping ball can do wonders.

3.If Vigen was the one suggesting the plays that didn't work do you really think Bohl would have promoted him? You say you base your opinion on what is known...yet you speculate on Vigen's influence last year to support your bull shit.

4. I hang my hat on my reputation...which BTW I have just as many reputation lights as you... the difference is that I have less than 500 posts... you over 4000. Think about it.

Great points. You beat me to the punch. I love guys like SDBison who think they are smarter than the coaching staff we have in everything from recruiting to game planning. It is quite humorous:nod:

sambini
02-02-2009, 03:39 AM
The bottom line is Brock is going to be a Bison. I think thats great. And this staff will get it done.++++

lakesbison
02-02-2009, 03:13 PM
neil---dont cloud my mind with math!!

SDbison
02-02-2009, 04:22 PM
Great points. You beat me to the punch. I love guys like SDBison who think they are smarter than the coaching staff we have in everything from recruiting to game planning. It is quite humorous:nod:
I love it when some people here believe the coaching staff did a great job in the QB recruiting area when they did not. Quite humorous too! Recruiting mistakes were made in the past couple years and this year they had to settle for less than hoped. Still would be nice to see a FBS transfer to give more viable options for next year than Nick and Jose. If an FBS transfer is secured that can provide a high level of competition at QB then the coaches might redeem themselves.
For the record I didn't start the personal attack crap steelbison. You scooter and others went on the attack as if nobody can have an opinion that the QB position is a weak spot at NDSU. I still believe it is....and I think many more at Bisonville would agree with me.

Bison"FANatic"
02-02-2009, 04:29 PM
So is it a bad thing that the number 1 and 2 QB's went to FBS programs and we got a verbal from the number 3 on the list. At least if I remember right that was how the Bison media Blog had them rated after their investigating. I am pretty dang happy with that. I guess the coaches could have not even tried to go after FBS caliber recruits. The number 2 QB in Wisconsin according to Marlin should be a good addition to the team.

rutlandbison
02-02-2009, 04:35 PM
I love it when some people here believe the coaching staff did a great job in the QB recruiting area when they did not. Quite humorous too! Recruiting mistakes were made in the past couple years and this year they had to settle for less than hoped. Still would be nice to see a FBS transfer to give more viable options for next year than Nick and Jose. If an FBS transfer is secured that can provide a high level of competition at QB then the coaches might redeem themselves.
For the record I didn't start the personal attack crap steelbison. You scooter and others went on the attack as if nobody can have an opinion that the QB position is a weak spot at NDSU. I still believe it is....and I think many more at Bisonville would agree with me.
O but before i mentioned that Troy signed late last year this team had no hope and the QB recruiting has been a failure since 1993 and we are never going to have a good starting QB. We are destined for 6-5 or 5-6 seasons for rest of our lives.

56BISON73
02-02-2009, 04:55 PM
There are a few things I dont understand. When a recruit doesnt pick NDSU why do some assume that the coaches cant recruit that position????? There are 119 schools in D1-A alone. How many in D1-AA???
Many kids want to play closer to home. That fact alone DOESNT make them losers as some would like to think. The kids who are recruited have THEIR own priorities and for some NDSU doesnt fit. Whats so hard to understand about that?
EVERY school including NDSU doesnt GET every recruit they need-want etc.
NDSU is way down the list when it comes to many recruits dream school.
NDSU gets what they get when the big boys are done. Once in a great while you can pluck one away from them. To think other wise just isnt realistic. PL

GLNWD-BISON
02-02-2009, 05:01 PM
So is it a bad thing that the number 1 and 2 QB's went to FBS programs and we got a verbal from the number 3 on the list. At least if I remember right that was how the Bison media Blog had them rated after their investigating. I am pretty dang happy with that. I guess the coaches could have not even tried to go after FBS caliber recruits. The number 2 QB in Wisconsin according to Marlin should be a good addition to the team.

Great perspective on the QB recruiting. That is what we want to shoot for, trying to gett recruits that are being looked at (and offered) by FBS teams. It should not be concidered a recruiting loss if we go after some bigger fish and don't get them.

SDbison
02-02-2009, 05:19 PM
O but before i mentioned that Troy signed late last year this team had no hope and the QB recruiting has been a failure since 1993 and we are never going to have a good starting QB. We are destined for 6-5 or 5-6 seasons for rest of our lives.
What does 1993 have to do with anything and why do you keep talking up Troy like he might be the next QB? There was a reason Troy didn't play much last year. As a JUCO transfer he should have been ready by middle of the season.
I have no problem with Brock other than he will likely not be in competition for the starting position next year since he will be just out of high school. Somebody at Westendorp's level would have had a more of a chance and better yet a transfer would have given Nick and Jose some competition. Yeah, who knows maybe a transfer is still possible.

sambini
02-02-2009, 05:48 PM
There are a few things I dont understand. When a recruit doesnt pick NDSU why do some assume that the coaches cant recruit that position????? There are 119 schools in D1-A alone. How many in D1-AA???
Many kids want to play closer to home. That fact alone DOESNT make them losers as some would like to think. The kids who are recruited have THEIR own priorities and for some NDSU doesnt fit. Whats so hard to understand about that?
EVERY school including NDSU doesnt GET every recruit they need-want etc.
NDSU is way down the list when it comes to many recruits dream school.
NDSU gets what they get when the big boys are done. Once in a great while you can pluck one away from them. To think other wise just isnt realistic. PLWell said PL++++

rdh701
02-02-2009, 05:57 PM
Well said PL++++

I agree, well said. It look's like a very good recruiting year.

Herd80
02-02-2009, 06:17 PM
I'll give PL's comments a me too. Good observation.

Why the CAPS lock? Power outage screw up your keyboard, or has Lakes' ignore feature bothered you to the point that you're adopting the habit?

DORMIE
02-02-2009, 06:20 PM
I agree with the last 2 posts that this was quite an outstanding recruiting class. 10 athletes 6-4 or better. A little bit of everything including 5 wide receivers, 4 of whom are 6-2 +. The signing of Brock brought it from a C to an A. We can't get em all, but we got quite a few this year. Can't wait until they are sophomores. What I like about Brock is that he wants to be here. 6-3 208 is a nice size for a QB. Those of you out there whose glass is still half emply, try and fill it up a little. Our coaches do this for a living. At least give them a little credit for knowing more that you do about this business. It really has to be a crap shoot.

rutlandbison
02-02-2009, 07:20 PM
What does 1993 have to do with anything and why do you keep talking up Troy like he might be the next QB? There was a reason Troy didn't play much last year. As a JUCO transfer he should have been ready by middle of the season.
I have no problem with Brock other than he will likely not be in competition for the starting position next year since he will be just out of high school. Somebody at Westendorp's level would have had a more of a chance and better yet a transfer would have given Nick and Jose some competition. Yeah, who knows maybe a transfer is still possible.
How is that talking up jackson. You've changed your position a little bit here. You were talking about how Brock is never going to compete for the starting job and the coaches failed at recruiting a QB again. Read what PL has to say and maybe you'll learn something. I never said Jackson was going to come in this year and start. Mertens will be the starter this, no doubt in my mind. Have you seen Westendorp play besides the clips that EVERYBODY on this board watched. Do you know something we don't know about him. Is he the next coming of Jesus (can't be because that's Joe Mauer). I'm sure Brock is going to get the same shot as Westendorp would have got. And why are we talking about a kid that isn't coming to NDSU, I do not know. O and the 1993 reference is for how you make it seem NDSU coaches haven't recruiting a QB since 1889.

rutlandbison
02-02-2009, 07:33 PM
I agree with the last 2 posts that this was quite an outstanding recruiting class. 10 athletes 6-4 or better. A little bit of everything including 5 wide receivers, 4 of whom are 6-2 +. The signing of Brock brought it from a C to an A. We can't get em all, but we got quite a few this year. Can't wait until they are sophomores. What I like about Brock is that he wants to be here. 6-3 208 is a nice size for a QB. Those of you out there whose glass is still half emply, try and fill it up a little. Our coaches do this for a living. At least give them a little credit for knowing more that you do about this business. It really has to be a crap shoot.
BOOOYAAA! love what typed. Great way to say it.

sambini
02-02-2009, 08:57 PM

Dormie this buds for you well said also++++

MontBison
02-02-2009, 09:34 PM
I'm glad we were able to sign a qb and all, and I understand that you win some and you lose some. However how can you tell me that we only seriously recruited 3 qbs. Im baseing this on offering A.J and Davis. And then once they turned down we went to Brock. The point was made there are so many D1 and D1AA schools, and yet there are how many high schools? Your telling me that we couldn't find one more capable QB?

AEBison1998
02-02-2009, 10:14 PM
I bet we'll see a preferred walk on QB as well. Just a hunch. We almost had one last year. The reason is that a high school kid sees the same thing that we see. The position is anything but locked up. Everyone has a chance to win the job. Someone is going to take the shot.

One thing that is lost here is that the staff has done this recruiting job on two flat tires. They were down three assistant coaches at one point. I know a lot of the work may have been done prior to the guys leaving but any way you slice it...the guys that stayed must have worked extrememly hard!!! I think that deserves an atta-boy to the work ethic of the coaches! Well Done!

AEBison1998
02-02-2009, 10:16 PM
But I still can't believe there are no CB's in this class! We only have Juniors and seniors on the team. I'm sure there is a plan. But I can't figure it out.

Scooter1
02-02-2009, 11:29 PM
You scooter?!?!

Just who do you mean by You scooter?!?!

Your kind of people make me sick!!!

Oh, you mean....You, Scooter and the others.....never mind.

I see now that 4000+ isn't always greater than 490..

please continue with your rant...I'll get you started...

"Something something Dark side....something something negative...

something something failure will be complete. "

Just cut and paste and fill in the something somethings.

MN_BISON
02-03-2009, 12:42 PM
I think NDSU got themselves a good one in Jensen, love his quote to rivals that Hallstrom posted on his blog: http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/
:nod:

roadwarrior
02-03-2009, 01:27 PM
I'm looking forward to his official signing tomorrow and having him in Fargo in late summer.

Bison Dan
02-03-2009, 01:30 PM
I think NDSU got themselves a good one in Jensen, love his quote to rivals that Hallstrom posted on his blog: http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/

He sounds like a real winner.

sambini
02-03-2009, 05:37 PM
Glad your aboard Brock++++

johnson
01-14-2010, 01:35 PM
I see that UND has a verbal from Tyler Jensen from Waupaca WI. Any relation to Brock?

Marlins
01-14-2010, 03:59 PM
I see that UND has a verbal from Tyler Jensen from Waupaca WI. Any relation to Brock?

Same town. Almost identical last names. But there's a one letter difference.

Brock JensEn

Tyler JensOn

johnson
01-14-2010, 07:21 PM
Same town. Almost identical last names. But there's a one letter difference.

Brock JensEn

Tyler JensOn
Sorry, just took the information off of ss.com. I thought they would have the spelling right. I guess I should have known better. Thanks for the correction.

bisonhusker
01-14-2010, 08:21 PM
One kids is D1, the other is D2. Sorry. Kidding. I am sure they are both fantastic.

A1pigskin
01-15-2010, 05:55 PM
May the best QB win.

JustinTyem
09-22-2010, 02:45 AM

MERTENS 09
JOSE 2010-2012

Maybe Jensen 2013-14

Lake, u better eat some crow now.

Bisonguy
09-22-2010, 02:46 AM
Lake, u better eat some crow now.

Lakes doesn't eat crow, he just does shots of butthole.

Edit Just in case someone hasn't seen the reference- http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showpost.php?p=390822&postcount=99

WYOBISONMAN
09-22-2010, 03:02 AM
Shit.......I just tried to find a funny picture to go with Bisonguy's "shots of butthole" remark.......and made the mistake of Googling "shots of butthole"..........take it from me......never, ever Google this and for sure do not under any circumstances click the "Images" tab!!!!!!!:hide:

BlueBisonRock
09-22-2010, 04:52 AM
Shit.......I just tried to find a funny picture to go with Bisonguy's "shots of butthole" remark.......and made the mistake of Googling "shots of butthole"..........take it from me......never, ever Google this and for sure do not under any circumstances click the "Images" tab!!!!!!!:hide:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/rjehni/0jpgomg.jpg

Some things once seen can not be unseen. Sorry you lost your innocence!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

And yes, rep for that admission. :D

ndsubison1
09-22-2010, 05:31 AM

did it at least broaden your horizon?

JustinTyem
01-18-2013, 04:25 AM
LoL,Darn it I hate that I had a stroke. I have watched Brock grow up as him and my nephew a friends,and I still make mistakes about how to spell his last name(sorry)it is Jensen not Jenson. But I do plan to get to a game in Fargo atleast to watch one of his games. Again ThankYou so much to "ALL" those that made my dream real!!!

ThunderDan
01-18-2013, 04:51 AM
This old thread is funny because.....lakes bison used to be able to post here? I'm not sure i even remember that. His reputation is strong! I for one, like it! I'm sure he's probably on here again under a different name but why not let him back again under his old alias? 2 natty championships later, we must be able to forgive anything he's ever done right?

56BISON73
01-18-2013, 05:01 AM
This old thread is funny because.....lakes bison used to be able to post here? I'm not sure i even remember that. His reputation is strong! I for one, like it! I'm sure he's probably on here again under a different name but why not let him back again under his old alias? 2 natty championships later, we must be able to forgive anything he's ever done right?

The two are mutually exclusive.

ndsubison1
01-18-2013, 05:27 AM

dragonsfan

HerdBot
01-18-2013, 05:41 AM
I just read this entire thread and this is Hall Of Fame material! Lakes thought Moehler and Mertens were better and dumped on Brock!! :rofl: Someone commented "cant wait to see these guys in 2011." Tynem introducing one of his family members was Brocks RG. And you even have a post from Marlin. Bison fans overall seemed to be optimistic for Brock

bisoningrandforks
01-18-2013, 07:01 AM
I said Brock would be a 3 year starter you can mark it down!...but a (maybe) 3 peat natty champ!..who woulda thunk it!.....Lakes is not a judge of QB talent but he is still entertaining!

MNLonghorn10
01-18-2013, 09:44 AM
bring back mohler! joseeeeeeeee jose jose joseeeeee JOSEEEEEEEEE JOOSEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

jimmyptubas
01-18-2013, 12:59 PM
Even a reference to 10>1's ancient and archaic name from before....so much has changed. Who was this Mertens guy people were talking about?

NorthernBison
01-18-2013, 01:10 PM
I just read this entire thread and this is Hall Of Fame material! Lakes thought Moehler and Mertens were better and dumped on Brock!! :rofl: Someone commented "cant wait to see these guys in 2011." Tynem introducing one of his family members was Brocks RG. And you even have a post from Marlin. Bison fans overall seemed to be optimistic for Brock

This is an all time classic. Lakes = The George Costanza of recruiting.

Get Lakes on the Staff to analyze potential recruits. THEN DO THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT HE RECOMMENDS. National Titles FOREVER.

unbison
01-18-2013, 01:53 PM
So John Crockett and m will are not good cuz he sure loved those guys up before they saw the field?

aces1180
01-18-2013, 02:12 PM
So John Crockett and m will are not good cuz he sure loved those guys up before they saw the field?

Slurp, slurp, slurp, slurp

EndZoneQB
01-18-2013, 02:12 PM

Well, just think how much BETTER they would have been had he not hyped them up...

unbison
01-18-2013, 02:34 PM
Slurp, slurp, slurp, slurp
Not sure I comprehend but no ill pass

bisonmike2
01-18-2013, 03:36 PM
Well, just think how much BETTER they would have been had he not hyped them up...

This. Crocket would be preping for the the NFL Draft right now if it not for the Lakes hype. And of course M-Will would already be in the NFL.

UTH
01-18-2013, 04:14 PM
May the best QB win.

It appears that he has.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
01-18-2013, 07:00 PM
This is an all time classic. Lakes = The George Costanza of recruiting.

Get Lakes on the Staff to analyze potential recruits. THEN DO THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT HE RECOMMENDS. National Titles FOREVER.

"Two Words: Frisco. Cruiser. Bus."

BisonTeacher
01-18-2013, 07:03 PM
"Two Words: Frisco. Cruiser. Bus."

That still makes me laugh when i think about it. Damn thats funny stuff.

IBleedYellow
01-18-2013, 07:10 PM
Great thread.

Bus.

NDSU1980
01-19-2013, 02:01 AM

mertens is a solid qb , its a shame that the snowball effects went AGAINST him after the wyoming game. period.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:: rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::ro fl::rofl::rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::r ofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rof l::rofl:

BisonNeil
01-19-2013, 04:31 PM

You're missing the point. Lakes always loved every player out of the metro. They are all studs. They all played top competition. Of course he would be all over them.

unbison
01-19-2013, 07:28 PM
You're missing the point. Lakes always loved every player out of the metro. They are all studs. They all played top competition. Of course he would be all over them.
I dont believe i missed the point you may have misspoke

JustinTyem
09-05-2013, 03:25 AM
I cant believe we have gone from Who is this guy??? to This guy has "IT" !!!!!! These 4 1/2 years have gone way to fast,but boy is it fun to watch Brock and his team put smiles on everybody faces. The mission isnt done yet,but its a great way to start the season,isnt it!!!!! :biggrin: GO BIZON ;) !!!!!! Have I told you "THE BISON FAMILY" Complete me,LoL well maybe not so much,but I everyday Im looking forward to Game Day............ I kinda look forward to go to bed and sleep,only to wake up to Bison Gameday!!!!

tcbison
09-05-2013, 03:40 AM

MERTENS 09
JOSE 2010-2012

Maybe Jensen 2013-14

Ha Ha. This post is hilarious.

bisoningrandforks
09-05-2013, 01:25 PM
I remember that I said Brock would be the starter for 3 years...mark it down!.....I was close!.....not sure which thread I said it!.........Lakes is funny, he couldn't pick a QB for a Pop Warner team!...LoL!

devin45k
09-05-2013, 01:27 PM
I was happy when he committed....After seeing Mohler play a couple games, I wanted anyone else to be put in. It was almost, if not more painful than watching Christian Ponder play.

THEsocalledfan
09-05-2013, 01:34 PM
I'll never forget being at the non-conference game when Jose got dinged up and Brock came in for the first time. Not sure if it was the first drive or not, but Brock ran a bootleg pass and hit a receiver in stride for a TD. I was so pumped and yelled at my kids, "NDSU FINALLY HAS A QB!!!!!!!!!!!" I called into Bison rewind (I think it was the first year of that show and I was like one of two callers), and told Gellner that Brock is the real deal and this team is coming.

Every now and then I am right......

tcbison
09-05-2013, 01:53 PM
I'll never forget being at the non-conference game when Jose got dinged up and Brock came in for the first time. Not sure if it was the first drive or not, but Brock ran a bootleg pass and hit a receiver in stride for a TD. I was so pumped and yelled at my kids, "NDSU FINALLY HAS A QB!!!!!!!!!!!" I called into Bison rewind (I think it was the first year of that show and I was like one of two callers), and told Gellner that Brock is the real deal and this team is coming.

Every now and then I am right......

Good call! It was against Morgan State back in 2010 and I remember it well. I know there were people saying that Brock should have started the Kansas game that year.

cbline
09-05-2013, 01:54 PM
I'm not saying the Brock's skills are on par with Joe Montana, but the traits are similar: may not have the best skills, but both are winners. Joe was not highly rated coming out of Notre Dame, but he did pretty well at the next level. Brock may have been overlooked by other programs, but he has become this team's leader.

Bison 4 Life
09-05-2013, 02:34 PM
Ha Ha. This post is hilarious.

I'll bet he's got his picture tattooed somewhere on his body now.

WYOBISONMAN
09-05-2013, 02:59 PM

MERTENS 09
JOSE 2010-2012

Maybe Jensen 2013-14

Sam, Sam........Swing and a miss! ;)

56BISON73
08-13-2014, 06:49 AM

But but YOU went to Duluth??????

JustinTyem
08-13-2014, 05:33 PM
Why do we have to keep bringing up old opinions,jeepers............... Opinions are like farts and worse if they are "OLD"ones too. Just because you have one inside you doesn't mean you need to let it out. And they tend to Reek!!!! ;)

BisonTeacher
08-13-2014, 06:18 PM
Why do we have to keep bringing up old opinions,jeepers............... Opinions are like farts and worse if they are "OLD"ones too. Just because you have one inside you doesn't mean you need to let it out. And they tend to Reek!!!! ;)

This is true Justin. But your missing the point. You shouldnt criticize someone else for farting...if you fart too. Especially if your farts are really bad.

NorthernBison
08-13-2014, 06:53 PM
Opinions and predictions create a track record. That makes it simpler to decide whether to believe what somebody tells you or just ignore their comments. You reap what you sow.

El_Chapo
08-13-2014, 07:01 PM
So Brock outkicked his coverage like TAB. im proud of him.

TransAmBison
08-13-2014, 07:14 PM
So Brock outkicked his coverage like TAB. im proud of him.That's some good stuff right there...:rofl:

NorthernBison
08-13-2014, 07:17 PM
So Brock outkicked his coverage like TAB. im proud of him.
You did too. Don't be modest. The problem with your knowledge of college sports is that you have the track record of Star2City.

Tatanka
08-13-2014, 07:50 PM
You did too. Don't be modest. The problem with your knowledge of college sports is that you have the track record of Star2City.

http://i.imgur.com/FCEYI.gif

El_Chapo
08-13-2014, 08:00 PM

high five's TAB!