PDA

View Full Version : FM Acro

fargocyclone
01-24-2009, 10:07 PM
Another standing ovation received by the FM Acro team in Ames today for their great halftime performance at the ISU-Kansas basketball game. That's three years in row for them. As I was in the student section, many of the people around me before the end of the first half were saying things like "I can't wait to see these guys again." and "I saw them last year and they're amazing!" The announcer right after talking about how they're the most popular halftime act that comes through Hilton said something about how they are the official ambassadors of North Dakota, or something like that. I thought it was kinda funny.

NDSUFan_Sav
01-24-2009, 10:55 PM
Another standing ovation received by the FM Acro team in Ames today for their great halftime performance at the ISU-Kansas basketball game. That's three years in row for them. As I was in the student section, many of the people around me before the end of the first half were saying things like "I can't wait to see these guys again." and "I saw them last year and they're amazing!" The announcer right after talking about how they're the most popular halftime act that comes through Hilton said something about how they are the official ambassadors of North Dakota, or something like that. I thought it was kinda funny.

yeah with a nice outcome to the game :)

sorry F-cyclone....I'm just a Kansas fan no hard feelings, ISU has a few shooters but seems like they were relying on the 3 to much.

fargocyclone
01-24-2009, 11:07 PM
yeah with a nice outcome to the game :)

sorry F-cyclone....I'm just a Kansas fan no hard feelings, ISU has a few shooters but seems like they were relying on the 3 to much.

Lucca Staiger is usually a great 3-point shooter. He's expected to go out and sink threes like crazy. Today... he hit one... at the end of the game when it didn't matter anymore. A really down night for him. Craig Brackins on the other hand put up 42 points, which is just one bucket short of the Big XII single game record. ISU was just a one-man team today and that's not gonna cut it when you're playing in the Big XII.

ndsubison1
01-24-2009, 11:22 PM
M I Z Z F KU.... HAHAHAHA

Missouri fan here...

1bizon1
01-24-2009, 11:56 PM
That is how the F-M Acro Team is refered to....the Official Ambassadors of North Dakota. And yes, they are amazing. To the best of my knowledge they have received a standing ovation for every perfomance.

56BISON73
01-25-2009, 12:20 AM
That is how the F-M Acro Team is refered to....the Official Ambassadors of North Dakota. And yes, they are amazing. To the best of my knowledge they have received a standing ovation for every perfomance.

What is the "FM Arco" ????
PL

Bisonguy
01-25-2009, 12:30 AM
PL

FM Acro Team Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VV7nq5sRCIA)

They always perform at halftime for one of NDSU's BB games (usually SDSU men's game now).

Heres' the list of teams they've performed for- http://www.acroteam.com/highlights.htm. Pretty impressive that they've been to 9 NBA All-Star games.

sambini
01-25-2009, 01:03 AM
They have been around a long time. They are fantastic++++++

CarringtonBison
01-25-2009, 03:33 AM
And they will be in Fessenden for a Wells County halftime show next weekend (or the one after-cant remember exactly which). No kidding either. Neat stroy behind why the are coming out. Family will be in attendance!

BlueBisonRock
01-25-2009, 03:51 AM
And they will be in Fessenden for a Wells County halftime show next weekend (or the one after-cant remember exactly which). No kidding either. Neat stroy behind why the are coming out. Family will be in attendance!

No Kidding?! Can you share a bit more about the story behind their appearance? (I went to school there when Fessenden was the 'Orioles' and the team played 11 man football.)

sambini
01-25-2009, 04:12 AM
Is Jon Berstch Still The Coach Up There?

CarringtonBison
01-25-2009, 04:22 AM
No Kidding?! Can you share a bit more about the story behind their appearance? (I went to school there when Fessenden was the 'Orioles' and the team played 11 man football.)

My PA (the one I work with) is the president of the school board there and she tells me this story. One of the members of the team asked the head coach to perform in Fess. He told her is she could get a certain move down by a certain date, that the team would go. Apparently her grandma lives there and she wanted to go and perform there for her. Well, she got it so the team called the school to schedule a show.

Sambini-Not sure about Bertch. I think so though.

BlueBisonRock
01-25-2009, 04:41 AM
My PA (the one I work with) is the president of the school board there and she tells me this story. One of the members of the team asked the head coach to perform in Fess. He told her is she could get a certain move down by a certain date, that the team would go. Apparently her grandma lives there and she wanted to go and perform there for her. Well, she got it so the team called the school to schedule a show.

Sambini-Not sure about Bertch. I think so though.

Interesting story. Thanks. I appreciate the news from the old home stomping grounds. Now, I am wondering who the Grandma might be (no need to comment on the board). Could be a classmate. Thanks again!

NDSUFan_Sav
01-25-2009, 11:06 AM
Lucca Staiger is usually a great 3-point shooter. He's expected to go out and sink threes like crazy. Today... he hit one... at the end of the game when it didn't matter anymore. A really down night for him. Craig Brackins on the other hand put up 42 points, which is just one bucket short of the Big XII single game record. ISU was just a one-man team today and that's not gonna cut it when you're playing in the Big XII.

yeah aldrich is sick for KU and collins is taking a huge leading roll after everyone leaving, Self told him last year that he was ready to start and he told him he wanted to come off the bench as the 6th man and didn't want to break something that was working, well look like it paid off :).....and now he's a great leader. Hopefully him and Aldrich stay which i think they will and if the recruits coming in don't flop and are college busts KU will have a top 10 and decent shot at top 5 team next year.

Its looking like Oklahoma will be winning the BigXII this year kind of weird seeing a different team winning it. :)

mebisonII
01-25-2009, 12:34 PM
FM Acro Team Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VV7nq5sRCIA)

They always perform at halftime for one of NDSU's BB games (usually SDSU men's game now).

Heres' the list of teams they've performed for- http://www.acroteam.com/highlights.htm. Pretty impressive that they've been to 9 NBA All-Star games.

Holy cow, bodies flying everywhere!

Very cool, thanks for the link! :)

mebisonII
01-25-2009, 12:44 PM

Now, having watched the entire thing, my only thought is "how the *&#^ do you make your body do those things?".

I want my hypothetical kids to do that. Unfortunately, they'll have my genes, so it doesn't look good for them :(

BlueBisonRock
01-25-2009, 04:43 PM
Is Jon Berstch Still The Coach Up There?

I checked in with my younger brother (now in New Rockford) who still has his connections. Yes, Jon is still the Football coach.

My brother was surprised to hear that the Acro team will be performing ain Fessenden and now will be looking for the date. He is looking forward to seeing the Acro team perform. Thanks again Carrington!

imabison
01-25-2009, 05:16 PM

Tuesday, February 17: SDSU @ NDSU 7:00 p.m.
Saturday,

http://www.acroteam.com/highlights.htm

And this year will not be an exception!!

IzzyFlexion
01-25-2009, 05:20 PM
Now, having watched the entire thing, my only thought is "how the *&#^ do you make your body do those things?".

I want my hypothetical kids to do that. Unfortunately, they'll have my genes, so it doesn't look good for them :(

Well, of course not....
If they're in your "genes"
Ar, Ar, Ar!
http://cachens.corbis.com/CorbisImage/170/14/15/26/14152619/MI-064-0164.jpg
By the way,
This isn't aimed at you mebisonII
It's clearly a snapshot out of my own personal bio!:p

roadwarrior
01-25-2009, 07:34 PM
Also performances at Marquette, Wisconsin and Kansas home games coming up in the next month.

Bison bison
01-26-2009, 03:28 PM

I was in Ames for three years. The Acros were there every year.

fargocyclone
01-26-2009, 07:21 PM
I was in Ames for three years. The Acros were there every year.

Of my four, they've been here for the last three.

CarringtonBison
01-26-2009, 07:58 PM
Verified it today-they will be in Fessenden Feb 6

1bizon1
01-27-2009, 02:23 AM
PL

So glad you've never made a typo LP....or should it be SA?

56BISON73
01-27-2009, 02:28 AM
So glad you've never made a typo LP....or should it be SA?

Youve lost me on this one?? PL

1bizon1
01-27-2009, 02:38 AM
Youve lost me on this one?? PL

Oh Lord!! My apologies!!!! I need to read closer. I thought that I made a typo and spelled "Acro" as "Arco" and that you were giving me crap. Jeesh I'm the king of Idiots... You spelled acro wrong and were honestly asking a legit question.
The Fargo-Moorhead Acro (Acrobatics) team is a group of girls ages 5 'ish to 18. They get booked around the country, many events, NBA, college, you name it, for entertainment.
They are nothing short of fantastic.
I am sorry again for being a smart@$$. No excuse for this outside of being an idiot.