PDA

View Full Version : NDSU-SDSU Predictions

summitfever
01-22-2009, 11:29 PM
Anybody want to make a prediction on the game this weekend at SDSU?

BlueKeyAlum
01-23-2009, 02:36 AM
Anybody want to make a prediction on the game this weekend at SDSU?

Jacks 76, Herd 52.

lakesbison
01-23-2009, 02:40 AM
NDSU 56 SDSU 54.

sdsu goes cold from field and NDSU shoots 56%.

DORMIE
01-23-2009, 03:02 AM
I like your spirit Lakes, however I'll give the Jacks at least this year. Next year Carolyn might sneak up on them and after that she will out coach the shit out out of them. She is that good.

SirHinn
01-23-2009, 03:56 AM
NDSU 56 SDSU 54.

sdsu goes cold from field and NDSU shoots 56%.

I'll go SDSU 82, Bison 59, then we can switch my predictions around for the mens game

ndsubison1
01-23-2009, 04:25 AM
We may have a chance to sneak up on the Jacks at home if were healthy, but there's no way we beat them in Brookings...

Jacks 79 Bison 63

NDSUstudent
01-23-2009, 04:50 AM
I just hope we can keep it within 20.

Elephants Dream?
01-23-2009, 05:03 AM
I think it is unlikely the Bison can score over 65 pts.
I think the Bison will score from 56-61.
Not enough players or horsepower this year.
Jacks win this one. I'm not predicting a Jacks score.

JacksFan06
01-23-2009, 02:17 PM
That's Bison fans for you. Predicting that the Bison women will be able to catch up with the Jacks. I don't you guy's quite understand what it takes to be a top 25 team and the ripple effect that it has.
We are starting to get looks from top players around the country that we didn't even know about.
A New York Times reporter is coming to do an article on us, because they are already declaring us the cinderella team of the tournament. We are going to get an out-right invite to the tourney whether we win the conference tourney or not.

Outcoaching us? You have to be crazy. How do you think AJ got us here. He is an elite coach. Anyone who can take a transitioning D2 team and have them ranked in 4 years has to be a good coach.

Keep dreaming Bison Fans.

Jacks 90, Bison 60

lcbison
01-23-2009, 02:34 PM
That's Bison fans for you. Predicting that the Bison women will be able to catch up with the Jacks. I don't you guy's quite understand what it takes to be a top 25 team and the ripple effect that it has.
We are starting to get looks from top players around the country that we didn't even know about. A New York Times reporter is coming to do an article on us, because they are already declaring us the cinderella team of the tournament. We are going to get an out-right invite to the tourney whether we win the conference tourney or not.

Outcoaching us? You have to be crazy. How do you think AJ got us here. He is an elite coach. Anyone who can take a transitioning D2 team and have them ranked in 4 years has to be a good coach.

Keep dreaming Bison Fans.

Jacks 90, Bison 60

Wow, slow down a little I'd say...Its not even February and you are declaring yourself the the Cinderella of the Womens tournament. Not hoping, DECLARING.

Couple more posts like this and i'll be pining for the glory days of facing Roebuchks moustache.

Jacks 85
Bison 62

JacksFan06
01-23-2009, 03:25 PM
I realize my statement was a bit over the top. Just trying to ramp this thing up a bit since we don't have as much to brag about on the men's side.

But for what the women have done is really quite amazing. We are ranked ahead of every team in Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska almost every midwest team and we've done it with all south dakota and minnesota players.

lcbison
01-23-2009, 03:29 PM
I realize my statement was a bit over the top. Just trying to ramp this thing up a bit since we don't have as much to brag about on the men's side.

But for what the women have done is really quite amazing. We are ranked ahead of every team in Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska almost every midwest team and we've done it with all south dakota and minnesota players.

Never,--keep it coming.

Ya, actually cheering for your women. really have no dislike to not cheer for them. Would be fun to see us knock you out in tourney though.

jackrabbit1979
01-23-2009, 04:51 PM
Wow, slow down a little I'd say...Its not even February and you are declaring yourself the the Cinderella of the Womens tournament. Not hoping, DECLARING.

Couple more posts like this and i'll be pining for the glory days of facing Roebuchks moustache.

Jacks 85
Bison 62

Is it more ridiculous than saying AJ Westendorp will win a national championship if he does choose NDSU over Grand Valley St., or talking about matchups and game locations for your men in the NCAA's? I would say it's less ridiculous, our women probably have better odds.

And to say that DeHoff will outcoach Johnston is just nuts - it won't happen. Not like the better coaching would make up the thirty point average margin of victory the last four years anyway.

tjbison
01-23-2009, 05:37 PM
I'm scared:hide: :hide:

GOB1SON
01-23-2009, 06:52 PM
I'm scared:hide: :hide:

IMO this sets up like another UNI/Creighton.

Slow paced, good defense, for about 30 minutes. NDSU is within shouting distance, maybe not close, but not too bad.

Then all hell will break loose.

Jacks 76 Bison 49

MNBISONCLUB
01-23-2009, 07:03 PM
The way I see it any predicition comes with built in unknowns. If the officiating is as bad as I have seen in some of the games this year it all depends on who gets the best of that situation. Injuries and the common illnesses like colds and flu can wreak havoc on the best laid plans. I am sure the Jack's didn't think they could possibly lose to Oakland.
I like the progress the Bison have made in the last six or seven games and if they are in it at the eight minute mark of the first half I have them winning this game. Fouls will be the key. If you see Trecker playing post like the other night it probably will not go the Bison way. Inger has to come out dropping three's like she standing on top of the basket. Any more than 14 turnovers and all is probably lost.:hungry:

mango
01-24-2009, 02:28 AM
The way I see it any predicition comes with built in unknowns. If the officiating is as bad as I have seen in some of the games this year it all depends on who gets the best of that situation. Injuries and the common illnesses like colds and flu can wreak havoc on the best laid plans. I am sure the Jack's didn't think they could possibly lose to Oakland.
I like the progress the Bison have made in the last six or seven games and if they are in it at the eight minute mark of the first half I have them winning this game. Fouls will be the key. If you see Trecker playing post like the other night it probably will not go the Bison way. Inger has to come out dropping three's like she standing on top of the basket. Any more than 14 turnovers and all is probably lost.:hungry:

One problem with that is the Jacks never start well, usually use a big run late in the first half early second to pull away

Bisonguy
01-24-2009, 02:41 AM
If the Bison can keep it within 16, I'll take it as a moral victory. I belive that's the smallest margin of victory for SDSU over the past few seasons. With the roster issues this year and just the quality of SDSU's team, keeping it close on the road would be good.

NDSUFREAK
01-24-2009, 03:22 AM
a lot to a little. meaning sdsu domination.

DORMIE
01-24-2009, 04:04 AM
I have a question for you Jackrabit 1979. Have you ever watched Coach Dehoff coach? She seems to get a lot out of her players. We were coming along pretty well until the last 2 injuries. I know that your coach will have his 12 thugs try and beat the shit out of our small squad, but give this staff 2 years and it should be interesting. The 5 players we have coming in next year should move us ahead quite a bit. Give carolyn a couple of recruiting years and look out. One question. Why hasn't Johnson moved on if he's so shit hot?

tjbison
01-24-2009, 04:08 AM
FYI!! I'm still scared:hide: :hide: :hide:

notice the three hide smilies wait:hide: 4

mango
01-24-2009, 04:47 AM
I have a question for you Jackrabit 1979. Have you ever watched Coach Dehoff coach? She seems to get a lot out of her players. We were coming along pretty well until the last 2 injuries. I know that your coach will have his 12 thugs try and beat the shit out of our small squad, but give this staff 2 years and it should be interesting. The 5 players we have coming in next year should move us ahead quite a bit. Give carolyn a couple of recruiting years and look out. One question. Why hasn't Johnson moved on if he's so shit hot?

I didn't realize the girls were "thugs" now, interesting. Maybe Johnston knows he has a great thing going here and doesn't want to leave it? He was going to go to UW-Green Bay or Milwaukee can't remember which but decided SDSU was a much better fit.

Elephants Dream?
01-24-2009, 05:23 AM
Geez, *thugs* is a bit harsh.
I know some former Jacks players and
they are nice women.
I never got beat-up in the hallway.

jackrabbit1979
01-24-2009, 05:44 AM

Nope, sure haven't seen her coach yet in person, but will tomorrow night. Either way, I don't really think it makes a difference to what I said. She won't outcoach AJ - It doesn't mean she's not a good coach Dormie, but you have to give AJ some credit too. He has a ton of success, recruits well, has played against some great programs and coaches, and hasn't missed a beat. I'm sure Coach Dehoff does get a ton out of her players, but fact of the matter is she is 8-8 against a terrible schedule. I'm sure things will get better though as she brings in her own recruits, I would think they have too.

Thugs, seriously? On top of our WBB success on the court, they have led the nation in GPA the last three years. They are about as far away as thugs as you can get. That was just a dumb comment, I hope you already know that.

Finally, I'm sure AJ will move on soon. He had the chance last year, decided to stay. He won't be at SDSU forever, but I think he realizes he has a pretty good situation in Brookings right now too. WBB doesn't get the support at a lot of big time schools like it does here.

sambini
01-24-2009, 11:15 AM
Good luck Bison ladies++++

BlueKeyAlum
01-24-2009, 01:58 PM
Nope, sure haven't seen her coach yet in person, but will tomorrow night. Either way, I don't really think it makes a difference to what I said. She won't outcoach AJ - It doesn't mean she's not a good coach Dormie, but you have to give AJ some credit too. He has a ton of success, recruits well, has played against some great programs and coaches, and hasn't missed a beat. I'm sure Coach Dehoff does get a ton out of her players, but fact of the matter is she is 8-8 against a terrible schedule. I'm sure things will get better though as she brings in her own recruits, I would think they have too.

Thugs, seriously? On top of our WBB success on the court, they have led the nation in GPA the last three years. They are about as far away as thugs as you can get. That was just a dumb comment, I hope you already know that.

Finally, I'm sure AJ will move on soon. He had the chance last year, decided to stay. He won't be at SDSU forever, but I think he realizes he has a pretty good situation in Brookings right now too. WBB doesn't get the support at a lot of big time schools like it does here.

Yeah, I questions the thugs remark. There was a confrontation with Minnesota a few years back but that came at the end of a game decided on a controversial call. From all accounts, AJ leads a team that is highly respected on and off the court and in and out of the classroom. Definitely don't see them as thugs unless its meant in the postive context.

tjbison
01-24-2009, 05:33 PM

Imus is that you??

DORMIE
01-24-2009, 05:41 PM
I guess thugs was a little harsh. Maybe very agressive would have been better. Elephants Dream, you were just too quick for them. Normally you could tell what gum the're chewing. I just can't wait for a couple of years when we have 12 top to bottom as SDSU has and we should again be competative. Hard to compete at this time against the stacked Jack's with 7-8 players. They'll be pretty whipped oofter tonight.

Tatanka
01-24-2009, 05:49 PM
SDSU by 20. Bison are better than expected this year, but not even in the same class as teh bunnies. Division, yes. Conference, yes. Geographical region, yes. Class, not yet. But we're heading in the right direction...

mango
01-24-2009, 06:16 PM
I guess thugs was a little harsh. Maybe very agressive would have been better. Elephants Dream, you were just too quick for them. Normally you could tell what gum the're chewing. I just can't wait for a couple of years when we have 12 top to bottom as SDSU has and we should again be competative. Hard to compete at this time against the stacked Jack's with 7-8 players. They'll be pretty whipped oofter tonight.

What do you mean aggressive? The Jacks don't commit a ton of fouls, and I think I've only seen a person foul out once or twice this year. You guys may be heading in the right direction but the recruiting class the Jacks have coming in is very good. I don't know how good your coach is but Johnston is a great one.

tjbison
01-24-2009, 06:19 PM
I'd bet 10 to 1 Greener Pastures come calling for Johnston next year:hide:

mango
01-24-2009, 06:24 PM
I'd bet 10 to 1 Greener Pastures come calling for Johnston next year:hide:

I'm not sure about next year but within the next 5 I could see it happening

lakesbison
01-24-2009, 07:06 PM
I agree with dormie.....ele.dream was too quick....

but thuggish on.the court, under,the basket is diff than a 'thug' on the street or,classroom.....soo he wasnt using that.analogy. ...our.kelly roysland remembers the minnesota thingie......its ok bunnylovers, have your precious womens bball team..,we'll be there soon..,,

MHDBisonfan
01-24-2009, 09:30 PM
As much as I love all things Bison, let's have a dose of reality here. There is no way this game is even remotely close. It will be a minimum of 5 years before the game does get remotely close. The way sdsu has put themselves on the map, they will get the pick of the litter of the players both schools would be recruiting, plus they will get the occassional superstud who normally would go to a bigger school but maybe just has the right fit with sdsu. the rest of the summit league will be fighting for the leftovers - who will still be good players mind you, but not of the same caliber of what sdsu is going to get. if there is an upset tonight, or even if the game is close, i will gladly come back here and apologize for my prediction: jacks 89 - Bison 48, and i believe i am being conservative. :(

daherd
01-24-2009, 09:55 PM
I am looking forward to watching our women compete against a great team tonight. I just hope NDSU can be competitive. Reality tells me we don't have much of a chance tonight.

I really wish the NDSU women would take a page (or 2) out of SDSU's weight lifting program here soon. They have been bigger and a lot STRONGER than us ever since the last few years when both teams were in the NCC.

As much as I love to hate SDSU I have to respect what they have been able to accomplish lately. It is great for the conference.

lakesbison
01-24-2009, 10:26 PM
"I really wish the NDSU women would take a page (or 2) out of SDSU's weight lifting program here soon. They have been bigger and a lot STRONGER "

You mean become a bunch of butch's??

Elephants Dream?
01-24-2009, 11:06 PM
I agree with (most) of #34 above.
Jacks will get the cream of the recruits for awhile
longer, several years at least. Our program needs
to *build* for a few years.
I like Dormie's enthusiasm, but it is unlikely that so
much can be accomplished in only two years.

lakesbison
01-24-2009, 11:10 PM
E. Dream... lets shock the Summit league world tonite!!!

Elephants Dream?
01-24-2009, 11:23 PM
I'd Love It!
Happy Dance - Happy Dance.

BisonVifte
01-25-2009, 12:48 AM
Down by 2 at the half.

devin45k
01-25-2009, 12:49 AM
whats the official score right now?

lakesbison
01-25-2009, 12:56 AM
27-25 sdsu.. check the Game Thread!

MHDBisonfan
01-25-2009, 02:00 AM
As much as I love all things Bison, let's have a dose of reality here. There is no way this game is even remotely close. It will be a minimum of 5 years before the game does get remotely close. The way sdsu has put themselves on the map, they will get the pick of the litter of the players both schools would be recruiting, plus they will get the occassional superstud who normally would go to a bigger school but maybe just has the right fit with sdsu. the rest of the summit league will be fighting for the leftovers - who will still be good players mind you, but not of the same caliber of what sdsu is going to get. if there is an upset tonight, or even if the game is close, i will gladly come back here and apologize for my prediction: jacks 89 - Bison 48, and i believe i am being conservative. :(

Well, I had one score right. I give the Bison some props, I did not think it would be close, they proved me wrong. they did a great job of slowing the game down. not very exciting to watch, but that i'm sure was the game plan --> not very exciting to watch = silenced crowd. Smart. I think the Bison played as well as they could, made a lot of shots when they needed to to stay close and keep the crowd down, and played very solid defense to keep the jacks in check. overall, the game was much closer than i anticipated.

Tatanka
01-25-2009, 02:04 AM
Well, I had one score right. I give the Bison some props, I did not think it would be close, they proved me wrong. they did a great job of slowing the game down. not very exciting to watch, but that i'm sure was the game plan --> not very exciting to watch = silenced crowd. Smart. I think the Bison played as well as they could, made a lot of shots when they needed to to stay close and keep the crowd down, and played very solid defense to keep the jacks in check. overall, the game was much closer than i anticipated.

I'm in the same boat. Much better than expected. Definitely an "A" for effort.

Elephants Dream?
01-26-2009, 08:13 PM
It was a really good effort by the team.
It played out as most of us expected from watching
previous games. The first two ten minute segments went
well, than things start to slip in the third ten minutes.
The tank gets toward empty in the fourth ten minutes, just
as it has in most of the games since all the injuries hit.
Next year, that won't be so much of a problem if the team
has a full bench of healthy bodies.
Again, great effort ladies!

imabison
01-26-2009, 10:26 PM
It was a really good effort by the team.
It played out as most of us expected from watching
previous games. The first two ten minute segments went
well, than things start to slip in the third ten minutes.
The tank gets toward empty in the fourth ten minutes, just
as it has in most of the games since all the injuries hit.
Next year, that won't be so much of a problem if the team
has a full bench of healthy bodies.
Again, great effort ladies!
Subject: Thought for the Day.

When you have confidence, you can have a lot of fun. And when you have fun, you can do amazing things.

J. Namath
Keep up the good work Ladies!!!

coldspot
01-27-2009, 12:21 AM

When you have confidence, you can have a lot of fun. And when you have fun, you can do amazing things.

J. Namath
Keep up the good work Ladies!!!

great quote

sambini
01-27-2009, 03:31 AM

J. Namath
Keep up the good work Ladies!!! Well said++++