PDA

View Full Version : Oscar Nominations

bisonaudit
01-22-2009, 07:28 PM
What's good this year? I haven't seen any of the best picture nominees.

Pretty pathetic movie going year for me. Out of the entire slate I've only seen 4 of these films and two of those were on airplanes.

The Dark Knight
Iron Man
Kung Fu Panda
In Bruges

Everyone knows the first three and they were all quite good, but In Bruges was an unexpected gem. I'm kind of a sucker for hitman comedies, the darker the better, and this thing sure fit the bill. Colin Ferrell won a Golden Globe for his work in this indy gem.

lcbison
01-22-2009, 07:45 PM
What's good this year? I haven't seen any of the best picture nominees.

Pretty pathetic movie going year for me. Out of the entire slate I've only seen 4 of these films and two of those were on airplanes.

The Dark Knight
Iron Man
Kung Fu Panda
In Bruges

Everyone knows the first three and they were all quite good, but In Bruges was an unexpected gem. I'm kind of a sucker for hitman comedies, the darker the better, and this thing sure fit the bill. Colin Ferrell won a Golden Globe for his work in this indy gem.

Gran Torino=good flick, but got snubbed.

Heard good things about Slumdog Millionaire, but can't get on Net Flix yet.

Dark knight=good flick

Really wanna see the Wrestler.

mebisonII
01-23-2009, 12:20 PM
I liked Gran Torino a lot, would have been happy to see it get a little attention.

I'll have to check out In Bruges...I hadn't heard of it until I saw it in a video store, but I thought it looked pretty good there.

The Dark Knight was, of course, excellent, but I think its against the rules to give Oscars to any movie that is popular.

The only Best Picture nominee I have any interest in seeing is Slumdog Millionaire.