PDA

View Full Version : New softball complex

NDSUFREAK
01-16-2009, 07:22 PM
Wasnt there word of a new softball complex coming to NDSU? is that still gonna happen?

TheBisonator
01-16-2009, 09:29 PM
With these economic times, I'm not sure. These state of the economy really sucks right now. I bet almost nothing big will be built in the US in the next 2-3 years or thereabouts, so probably no new softball field for NDSU.

But to look on the bright side, our softball field looks better than most D2 schools I've seen. Not quite a D1 facility, but better than most old NCC schools. best college softball facility in the RRV at least.

Hammersmith
01-17-2009, 10:28 AM
Wasnt there word of a new softball complex coming to NDSU? is that still gonna happen?

The last legislative session, NDSU asked permission to raise up to $4.5 million(I think) for upgrades to the softball complex. That permission is valid for five years. At the time it asked, NDSU had no immediate plans to start raising the money, but wanted the permission in case anything developed quickly. With the Fargodome arena plan about to fall apart, the BSA still needing renovation, and the new seating for the BBF a rather high priority, I expect the permission will expire before anything happens. Actually, what's more likely is that NDSU will revise and renew the permission in about three years; that's when actual fundraising and construction is most likely.

Bison"FANatic"
01-17-2009, 02:40 PM
Hopefully NDSU can get some of the donations in for some of these projects. With the slow down you can get a pretty good discount on construction items. I have had people in saying they are bidding things with just about no profit just to keep their employees working and to keep them around so they have good crews when things turn around. Hopefully we can get some money in and build some of these things at a discount.

HerdBot
03-01-2009, 07:32 AM
Hopefully NDSU can get some of the donations in for some of these projects. With the slow down you can get a pretty good discount on construction items. I have had people in saying they are bidding things with just about no profit just to keep their employees working and to keep them around so they have good crews when things turn around. Hopefully we can get some money in and build some of these things at a discount.

I'd rather see the money spent on the BSA if the dome addition isn't going to happen anytime soon. How about dressing up the west (back) side of the Fargodome? I was looking at it and it's pretty damn ugly. No signs or nothing.