PDA

View Full Version : 2 players gone!

tjbison
01-15-2009, 09:31 PM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/227992/group/home/

They didn't see much action so is it a blow or not?

Gully
01-15-2009, 09:59 PM
That sucks, even if they're not great players. hazley-freeman looked good at the spring game, whatever that's worth.

CaBisonFan
01-15-2009, 10:53 PM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/227992/group/home/

They didn't see much action so is it a blow or not?

I would suspect that the coaching staff takes this type of situation into account when recruiting someone...and that they aren't really being counted on. A certain percentage of your recruits, especially at the FCS level, are gambles in this sense. You're looking for the diamond in the rough...and I would guess that the percentages lean toward the 'rough' side.

Nothing personal against these guys. It's not an endictment against them, on my part. Good luck guys. Maybe another situation will be better for you.

Not tryinig to downplay your post tj. Just discussing. Thanks for the information.

ndsubison1
01-16-2009, 12:08 AM
Hate to Hazley-Freeman leave

OldBison
01-16-2009, 12:38 AM
The TX connection really hasn't panned out yet, to date, Bowman has been the exception. But, I do think Holloway, Williams and McNorton are poised to break out and make the cost of recruiting there worth it. Also, with Thomas gone this gives Osborne, another TX recruit, a chance to make an impact early as a backup.

Mr. Burgundy
01-16-2009, 01:05 AM
I heard Osborne is ready, so maybe it just provides more opportunity.

SlickVic
01-16-2009, 03:38 AM
1 of the many things i absolutley love and admire about bohl is that he wont hesitate to take out the trash...not trying to be mean to melvin but from the little ive seen he didnt deserve to be/stay here...as my main man joe pa would say..."get em outa here !!!!!!!!!!"

steelbison
01-16-2009, 02:40 PM
1 of the many things i absolutley love and admire about bohl is that he wont hesitate to take out the trash...not trying to be mean to melvin but from the little ive seen he didnt deserve to be/stay here...as my main man joe pa would say..."get em outa here !!!!!!!!!!"

I don't think we should be calling student athletes "trash" imho

I personally wish them both the best.

Bison"FANatic"
01-16-2009, 02:43 PM
Ya trash isn't even close to the right word. I wish them the best and I hope they can get on another team and get the grades together and get a education.

tony
01-16-2009, 03:45 PM
It's bad for everybody involved when student-athletes can't maintain their eligibility, but it's worst for the kids involved. I hope they get back on track, either at NDSU or some other school.

Paulie
01-16-2009, 04:13 PM
Calling them trash that's classy, what's next racial slurs?

SlickVic
01-16-2009, 04:38 PM
i didnt call anybody trash dont put words in my mouth paulie...it was a figure of speech such as "clean house" is that better? bottom line is bohl wont put up with any non sense...he surrounds him self with quality characters and thats players included...if they cant cut it get em outa there!!!!!!!

Bison Dan
01-16-2009, 04:44 PM
Calling them trash that's classy, what's next racial slurs?

I think he was using a METAPHOR.

A1pigskin
01-16-2009, 05:00 PM
You don't want players to leave, but now is the time to make the changes. You don't want to have this problem in the middle of the season. Maybe the two will take this opportunity to improve their grades; I hope they do.

SlickVic
01-16-2009, 05:52 PM
You don't want players to leave, but now is the time to make the changes. You don't want to have this problem in the middle of the season. Maybe the two will take this opportunity to improve their grades; I hope they do.

ya i hope so to...didnt realize that was the reason didnt read the article but regardless you cant comprimise when it comes to character and craig bohl doesnt...in the words of the great sambini ++++++++

Scooter1
01-17-2009, 12:07 AM
The TX connection really hasn't panned out yet, to date, Bowman has been the exception. But, I do think Holloway, Williams and McNorton are poised to break out and make the cost of recruiting there worth it. Also, with Thomas gone this gives Osborne, another TX recruit, a chance to make an impact early as a backup.

I agree, I thought that the Texas kids would have made a bigger impression than they have. Some of the kids that I was really high on have yet to make their mark. However, I am optomistic that they will show dividends. Texas is to hot a recruiting ground for us to ignore. Williams, Holloway, Osborne, and McNorton may just find their stride and make us all glad we put some resourses into recruiting this area. One other bright spot from Texas that hasn't been mentioned is Nate Agbetola.

SirHinn
01-17-2009, 01:04 AM
i didnt call anybody trash dont put words in my mouth paulie...it was a figure of speech such as "clean house" is that better? bottom line is bohl wont put up with any non sense...he surrounds him self with quality characters and thats players included...if they cant cut it get em outa there!!!!!!!

So if that's the case, how come he puts up with all that nonsense Lee Vandal has had?

BisonNolesFan77
01-17-2009, 02:23 AM
So if that's the case, how come he puts up with all that nonsense Lee Vandal has had?

As far as we know, Vandal's incidents were a "Wrong Place, Wrong Time" type of thing, he did everything the coaches and school asked him to do to take care of the situations. These two were for academics, I'm sure if they would have wanted to stay in school (If they could for that matter), pay their own way, and get their academic qualifications back, they would have been allowed to do so.

Not trying to stick up for Vandal here, just my thoughts...

SlickVic
01-17-2009, 03:42 AM

why dont you ask him? he isnt to hard to get a hold of...

SirHinn
01-17-2009, 06:14 AM

why dont you ask him? he isnt to hard to get a hold of...

I was asking you, you were the one who said that Bohl didn't put up with any nonsense and he surrounds himself with quality characters including the players.

SlickVic
01-17-2009, 05:20 PM
I was asking you, you were the one who said that Bohl didn't put up with any nonsense and he surrounds himself with quality characters including the players.

he doesnt and he does