PDA

View Full Version : It's -40 here!!!

NDSU1980
01-15-2009, 02:50 PM
I just checked our local weather on the computer, it says we are at 40 below. Holy Cow that's cold. Now I know why everybody says play the sioux, hell just froze over. Southern ND.

Bison"FANatic"
01-15-2009, 03:03 PM
Now go out and throw a cup of just about boiling water up into the air and watch what -40 does to the water.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/386235/boiling_water_in_negative_45_degrees/

It is dang cold out there and to quote George Costanza "Shrinkage Shrinkage!!!!!!!!"

HandoEX
01-15-2009, 03:16 PM
It supposed to be 30-34-36-32 degrees this coming Sunday through Wednesday:)

Below is the sign in front of DQ on 13th Ave earlier today...
http://i40.tinypic.com/209lqv7.jpg

bisonmike2
01-15-2009, 03:17 PM
I just checked our local weather on the computer, it says we are at 40 below. Holy Cow that's cold. Now I know why everybody says play the sioux, hell just froze over. Southern ND.

Ha suckers. It's -20 here! Such a beautiful day.

AKBison
01-15-2009, 05:03 PM
Suckers. We had are bout of -50 degree weather last week. Would you believe it is in the +40's and raining today. Thats a 90 degree temperature differential in one week! However, after experiencing nodak cold and alaska cold there is no comparision. The cold here is so dry and really isn't to bad as long as you don't expose skin. -40 in North Dakota is not fit for man or beast.

NDSU1980
01-15-2009, 05:12 PM
Just heard Bismarck had -44 and Garrison had -47 this morning.

westriver bison
01-15-2009, 05:22 PM
-52 at the neighbors, a balmy -48 at our place.

NorthernBison
01-15-2009, 06:16 PM
I'm happy to see that western ND is getting a taste of the kind of winter that the NE corner of the state gets every year. How's it feel?

You can come up here every year to ride your sleds. We never disappoint when it comes to snow and cold.

BigBison
01-15-2009, 09:26 PM
Hey where are you guys at where it was -40 or -50? Location, Location, Location, please. Just a general area.

And AK thats funny, "its a dry cold." I dont know how it could feel different from AK cold to ND cold? Besides wind, however there is alot of windy places in AK too.

The crazy thing is the weather men are talking highs next week here in Fargo of 30, 32, 34 ABOVE ZERO.

Also heard on the radio today that Bismarck is on track to brake their all time snow fall record, I guess they got over 60" so far this winter.

P.S. Call me crazy but I still want more snow and cold, mainly around the Twin Cities and Northern MN, but its ok here too. :D

UTH
01-15-2009, 09:46 PM
Ha suckers. It's -20 here! Such a beautiful day.

Currently -19 in Bismarck.:p

CarringtonBison
01-15-2009, 11:16 PM
balmy -14 here in carrington; hung at about -30 for am and up to present temp throughout the afternoon.

56BISON73
01-15-2009, 11:20 PM
20 degrees here.
The Arkies are having a tough time with it. LOL
PL

IzzyFlexion
01-15-2009, 11:32 PM
Minus 10 in the Chicago suburbs today and, of course, NO SCHOOL!
But get this....tomorrow's forecast is calling for bright sunshine and 7 above and these pussies just called off school for tomorrow!!!!
So, with the MLK holiday on Monday that's a nice 5 day weekend for them.

NorthernBison
01-16-2009, 12:10 AM
Here in Langdon, we apparently have the coldest average temperatures of any city in the lower 48. That is according to Rob on WDAY. International Falls beats us on the extreme lows but we are colder on average over the course of the year. I have noticed that NW Minn has generally had lows that are lower than ours. Hallock has been especially cold this season.

IzzyFlexion
01-16-2009, 12:48 AM
Here in Langdon, we apparently have the coldest average temperatures of any city in the lower 48. That is according to Rob on WDAY. International Falls beats us on the extreme lows but we are colder on average over the course of the year. I have noticed that NW Minn has generally had lows that are lower than ours. Hallock has been especially cold this season.

Is the Roxy Theatre still open in Langdon?
Ah, the memories!
Cavalier County..........Represent!!

NorthernBison
01-16-2009, 01:18 AM
Is the Roxy Theatre still open in Langdon?
Ah, the memories!
Cavalier County..........Represent!!

It is open and going strong. The Northern Lights Arts Council runs the place and it has been restored. Gives the feel of the "good old days". Check it out at http://roxy.utma.com.

TheBisonTower
01-16-2009, 01:21 AM
Was combining for a friend in Langdon last fall and he gets the "reels" ready for the theatre.

NorthernBison
01-16-2009, 01:24 AM
Was combining for a friend in Langdon last fall and he gets the "reels" ready for the theatre.

Steve? The family is NDSU through and through.

TheBisonTower
01-16-2009, 01:27 AM
You got it. It was nice to see the "Will You Be There" sign when you pulled in the driveway.

NorthernBison
01-16-2009, 01:45 AM
You got it. It was nice to see the "Will You Be There" sign when you pulled in the driveway.

Talked to him and his dad today. His parents have football season tickets and saw them at most of the games. They really enjoy basketball and will be going to four of the last 6 home games.

mebisonII
01-16-2009, 12:32 PM
-23*F in Iowa City this morning. It felt cold waiting for the bus this morning, but I didn't realize it was that cold. No wind to speak of, so its much better than -23 in Fargo. Cedar Rapids set an all time record low of ~-30*F yesterday.

Our area k-12 schools have been closed Wednesday through today. With MLK day, that's almost a full week off! I think they got out early/had late starts Monday and Tuesday due to the snow, as well. They actually say they are canceling snow because the buses are diesel and they are afraid the fuel will gel.

d3boys
01-16-2009, 01:50 PM
-23*F in Iowa City this morning. It felt cold waiting for the bus this morning, but I didn't realize it was that cold. No wind to speak of, so its much better than -23 in Fargo. Cedar Rapids set an all time record low of ~-30*F yesterday.

Our area k-12 schools have been closed Wednesday through today. With MLK day, that's almost a full week off! I think they got out early/had late starts Monday and Tuesday due to the snow, as well. They actually say they are canceling snow because the buses are diesel and they are afraid the fuel will gel.

I heard cancelled school in classes at iowa and northern iowa
but the tough guys in ames had to go to class

mebisonII
01-16-2009, 02:29 PM
I heard cancelled school in classes at iowa and northern iowa
but the tough guys in ames had to go to class

No classes cancelled at Iowa (the university) because the spring semester doesn't start until Tuesday. There may be some short winter term classes, but I would have seen an email if those were cancelled.

56BISON73
01-16-2009, 06:54 PM
WINTER Poem
It’s winter here in Iowa
And the gentle breezes blow,
Seventy miles an hour
At thirty-five below.

Oh, how I love Iowa
When the snow’s up to your butt,
You take a breath of winter
And your nose gets frozen shut.

Yes, the weather here is wonderful
So I guess I’ll hang around,
I could never leave dear Iowa
I’m frozen to the ground!!

BlueBisonRock
01-17-2009, 04:18 AM
Lakes, You gotta see this one!

WINTER Poem
It’s winter here in Iowa
And the gentle breezes blow,
Seventy miles an hour
At thirty-five below.

Oh, how I love Iowa
When the snow’s up to your butt,
You take a breath of winter
And your nose gets frozen shut.

Yes, the weather here is wonderful
So I guess I’ll hang around,
I could never leave dear Iowa
I’m frozen to the ground!!

lakesbison
01-17-2009, 05:02 AM
THATS THE GAYEST GOD DAM THING I"VE EVER SEEN.....

WOW...

IOWA - I Outta Went Around

56BISON73
01-17-2009, 05:07 AM
If anyone knows gay its you. Youre the expert.:D
PL

fargocyclone
01-21-2009, 05:57 PM
If anyone knows gay its you. Youre the expert.:D
PL

Civic Duty... or something like that.