PDA

View Full Version : Shamen back for 2009

Bisontug
01-14-2009, 04:45 PM
This is nice to see...:D

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11850&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=3644278

Hoping he will be fully recovered and have that return threat there for the entire season... Good luck Shamen !!

Civil06
01-14-2009, 04:55 PM
And he's finishing his degree this spring. Way to go Shamen!

ndsubison1
01-14-2009, 05:24 PM
They should really consider sitting him out of spring ball

THEsocalledfan
01-14-2009, 05:49 PM
Now, just to rain on parades, any word on how effective he will be at this point? Doese he still have all his speed and cutting ability?

TransAmBison
01-14-2009, 05:52 PM
Now, just to rain on parades, any word on how effective he will be at this point? Doese he still have all his speed and cutting ability?
Doesn't matter. Mertens will be able to line up by himself on all offensive plays and score at will. Just ask Lakes.

bisonmike2
01-14-2009, 05:54 PM

I was kind of wondering the same thing. Not so much is he effective but rather, will he be able to stay healthy the whole year. He should definitely sit out spring ball.

THEsocalledfan
01-14-2009, 05:57 PM
I was kind of wondering the same thing. Not so much is he effective but rather, will he be able to stay healthy the whole year. He should definitely sit out spring ball.

I am even more worried about effective even if healthy.

56BISON73
01-14-2009, 06:05 PM
Doesn't matter. Mertens will be able to line up by himself on all offensive plays and score at will. Just ask Lakes.

I think we should offer a Sacrifice of sausage (or Lakes) at the Alter of the Horney Bison so this shall come to pass!!!!
PL
:D

Bison Dan
01-14-2009, 06:08 PM

He'll either do the job or they'll get someone else back there...

SDbison
01-14-2009, 06:15 PM
Yeah I hear that coach Bohl only interviewed candidates for the offensive coaching positions that were former Bison and would build their offense around Mertens. Apparently he is supposed to be so good there will be no QB recruits again this year. Rumor also has it SDSU recruited Mertens but knew they didn't have a chance at such a great QB. NDSU is now focused on how to ever win the marker back since in the new era they basically suck at rivalry games and SDSU is taking all the good recruits. D1 athletes around the country are now picking Brookings as their preferred location due to the benefits of such a beautiful little town and the great high school like football field. SDSU has also kicked NDSU's ass up and down in the past two football games. Remember to suck up to the Jacks fans Bisonville because they will soon own NDSU in football. Oh, did I mention, "we have Mertens"!
BTW, this message board has really gone down the crapper in the last year primarily due to some of the newer homer posters that think they know everything and nothing is to be questioned. Why waste my time here anymore............

bisonbrody9
01-14-2009, 07:09 PM
And he's finishing his degree this spring. Way to go Shamen!

Well he has been here for 5 school years come May, I would hope he has enough credits to graduate with some sort of degree by now.

UTH
01-14-2009, 07:23 PM

I'm just happy to see he'll get another chance to play college ball before having to move on in life.:nod: He very likely feels that every time he steps onto the field now, it is a privilege. All of the good things that come after that are an added bonus.

THEsocalledfan
01-14-2009, 08:36 PM
Yeah I hear that coach Bohl only interviewed candidates for the offensive coaching positions that were former Bison and would build their offense around Mertens. Apparently he is supposed to be so good there will be no QB recruits again this year. Rumor also has it SDSU recruited Mertens but knew they didn't have a chance at such a great QB. NDSU is now focused on how to ever win the marker back since in the new era they basically suck at rivalry games and SDSU is taking all the good recruits. D1 athletes around the country are now picking Brookings as their preferred location due to the benefits of such a beautiful little town and the great high school like football field. SDSU has also kicked NDSU's ass up and down in the past two football games. Remember to suck up to the Jacks fans Bisonville because they will soon own NDSU in football. Oh, did I mention, "we have Mertens"!
BTW, this message board has really gone down the crapper in the last year primarily due to some of the newer homer posters that think they know everything and nothing is to be questioned. Why waste my time here anymore............

Hey, man, I just had your back on another thread as I think there is a lot of truth to your words, just that I am not quite as jaded as you, yet.

Jdubs21
01-14-2009, 11:33 PM
Glad to have ya back Shamen!!! also congrats on the birth of your child!

sambini
01-14-2009, 11:44 PM
Have a great year Shamen+++

A1pigskin
01-16-2009, 05:36 PM
This is awesome. I was really hoping for this.

tjbison
01-16-2009, 05:39 PM
I like how he said he felt he needed to step in and be a LEADER!!! thats what this teams lacks IMO! Congrats Shamen!