PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Roehl

Mr_Meanor
01-13-2009, 11:29 PM
They just mentioned on WCCO 4 in the twin cities that Roehl is down there working out getting himself ready for the draft.

What do you think his chances are of being drafted?

sambini
01-14-2009, 12:10 AM
Wurzie is down there too. Good luck ++++

NorthernBison
01-14-2009, 01:08 AM
They just mentioned on WCCO 4 in the twin cities that Roehl is down there working out getting himself ready for the draft.

What do you think his chances are of being drafted?

Wow! That's a tough one. Probably a long shot. Actually might be better to go undrafted and sign a free agent contract. I just think the NFL is all about "measurables" and Tyler brings things to the game that you don't measure. If he gets any type of shot, I think he will impress some people.

99Bison
01-14-2009, 01:26 AM
Wurzie is down there too. Good luck ++++

as well as Humber and Heck.

THEsocalledfan
01-14-2009, 05:53 PM
He would seem best to me as either a fullback or an H back, like big Jimmy from Truckland. Is that where they are pegging him? Not quite fast enough to be a half-back....

aces1180
01-14-2009, 06:01 PM
He would seem best to me as either a fullback or an H back, like big Jimmy from Truckland. Is that where they are pegging him? Not quite fast enough to be a half-back....

I would compare him to former Boilermaker and Buccaneer Mike Alstott...Both are fast, built the same way, run low to the ground and can bruise DBs. Only difference is that Alstott is three inches taller and weighs about 20 pounds more...However, proportionally, Tyler fits his mold. I honestly think Roehl will be a sixth or seventh round pick. If nothing, he will sign as a FA and go to camp somewhere.

THEsocalledfan
01-14-2009, 06:14 PM
I would compare him to former Boilermaker and Buccaneer Mike Alstott...Both are fast, built the same way, run low to the ground and can bruise DBs. Only difference is that Alstott is three inches taller and weighs about 20 pounds more...However, proportionally, Tyler fits his mold. I honestly think Roehl will be a sixth or seventh round pick. If nothing, he will sign as a FA and go to camp somewhere.

So, really more of a fullback, then. Hard for me to call him a half back and even Alstott was really a full back......even if he played some half back.

bisonbrody9
01-14-2009, 07:14 PM
So we got Roehl, Wurzbacher, Heckendorf, and Humber, who do y'all peg as having the best shot at making it in the League?

I'm gonna go with Humber, it just feels right to me

lcbison
01-14-2009, 07:21 PM
So we got Roehl, Wurzbacher, Heckendorf, and Humber, who do y'all peg as having the best shot at making it in the League?

I'm gonna go with Humber, it just feels right to me

LC, is also going with Humber, with Wurz coming in a close 2nd.

If they make it in the NFL they will get the joy of Lakes tagging along, ala Turtle in Entourage.

footballfan
01-14-2009, 07:34 PM
DT Eric Schroeder from SDSU is working out at the same facility and with the boys from NDSU. They are working hard and enjoying being all together.

Go Jacks !!!!!!

td577
01-14-2009, 07:47 PM
I do think Roehl will be in a camp this fall as either a FA or very late round pick. I also think he could make it on a roster with the right team. His game is way better suited for the pro level than college. While in the NFL, everyone can hit, it is much more about one on one matchups on the field rather than 8 guys waiting to pile on you everytime you touch the ball. In the right system, what he brings to a football game could give Roehl a nice career playing a kids game for real money.

I think any big kid willing to catch balls among NFL linebackers and has the ability to hold on will get them a job with someone. Wurzbacher is pretty athletic, so he might be able to find a job as a special teams guy first and back up TE second.

Why is Schommer being overlooked? Over the past couple of years, I have thought Schommoer should get a shot. With teams like the Seahawks going young with Bison connections, I could see a guy like Schommer getting a camp invite.

Herd Mentality
01-14-2009, 08:04 PM
Good FA signing for the Vikes since there's no way they'll bring back Sherry K and her inflated contract.

Bison"FANatic"
01-14-2009, 08:27 PM
Don't take this the wrong way and I do hope they all get at least a invite to a camp. I just don't think Wurz and Heck have a shot at making a team. I hope they prove me wrong but I just don't think they are at the elite level of the NFL. I do think Humber and Roehl will get their shot and will make some waves. Roehl will make a team if his body can hold together and he does not drop the rock. He has the tools to get it done and will be playing on sunday in my unexpert opinion.

Best of luck boys and I hope you are all on a roster someplace.

Wacker_in_the_Hall
01-14-2009, 08:36 PM
Roehl and Humber are both incredible athletes. My take is that they are both "tweeners" Roehl too slow to play halfback too small to be a fullback. Humber on the small side of NFL linebackers, and a little too slow to play safety.

Wurz and Heck, may also be a step slow for their positions.

It is a huge jump from this level to the next, sometimes you just need to be in the right spot at the right time. I wish these guys the very best, and thank them for their contributions to the program

Gully
01-14-2009, 09:01 PM

Kyle Steffes got signed as a HB and Roehl is faster than Kyle was. Granted, Kyle didn't make the NFL but they new his speed before he was drafted, yet drafted him.

JROEHL5
01-14-2009, 09:42 PM
First post, Gotta throw some props to the cuz. I know he can't wait to show the bigs what he can do. He obviously has the strength and the heart, but its just a matter of being in the right place at the right time. Just glad to see he's taking the right steps to get to where he wants to be.
Go get'em Tyler!!

yippie
01-14-2009, 11:13 PM
If Jangs gets a shot to play full back in the pros i think he has the best chance... dominate blocker... good hands... can play special teams as well...

BisonAccountant44
01-15-2009, 01:04 AM
Kyle Steffes got signed as a HB and Roehl is faster than Kyle was. Granted, Kyle didn't make the NFL but they new his speed before he was drafted, yet drafted him.

I thought Kyle went to the Jets as a FA?

OldBison
01-15-2009, 03:21 AM

My memory tells me Steffes was a FA with the NYG, not drafted. I could be wrong.

TheDoctor
01-15-2009, 03:32 AM
Wurz, Roehl, Humber, Maresh, and Heck all working out at the same facility and working with the same agent I believe. Lardnois back in Wis working out with a personal trainer and preparing for NDSU's pro day. The only problem with Humber is that he is an inch shorter than Joe who is 1-2 inches to short in NFL standards. Jangs I would guess is still rehabbing his knee injury. It happended so late in the year that I think we all might have forgot the seriousness of the injury. ;)

TheDoctor
01-15-2009, 03:34 AM
My memory tells me Steffes was a FA with the NYG, not drafted. I could be wrong.

NYJ not NYG...otherwise correct. Check this out................

http://cgi.ebay.com/2007-Bowman-232-Kyle-Steffes-RC_W0QQitemZ220341792813QQihZ012QQcategoryZ149909Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

RunDMc34
01-15-2009, 03:36 AM
Steffes was a FA signing by the jets but was not drafted.

I think Heck has a tiny chance he is sneaky fast imo and i think his hands are good enough. it will just be does he have the measureables to make it. I just hope he gets a shot.

TAILG8R
01-15-2009, 01:37 PM
NYJ not NYG...otherwise correct. Check this out................

http://cgi.ebay.com/2007-Bowman-232-Kyle-Steffes-RC_W0QQitemZ220341792813QQihZ012QQcategoryZ149909Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Bad move B1, now I am just going to bid you up. ;)

TheDoctor
01-15-2009, 04:22 PM
Bad move B1, now I am just going to bid you up. ;)

:rofl: I have 20 of those plus 10 of the gold version, plus 5 of the /500 version, plus 2 of the /250 version. Now if you find a 1/1 version, I WANT IT! There is one. ;)

A1pigskin
01-16-2009, 05:25 PM
It comes down to what voids the teams need to fill. It would be awesome to see all our guys get picked. They all need to work extremely hard to get to that next level.