PDA

View Full Version : Bison vs Western Illinois

BlueKeyAlum
01-10-2009, 07:39 PM
Bison hosting the Westerwinds for an afternoon game.

Herd are up 22-11 with 3:26 left in the half.

Whintey Trekker and Nicole Vigil are leading the Herd with 5 apiece.

BlueKeyAlum
01-10-2009, 07:49 PM
26-13 at the half.

Even with Birkel seeing limited minutes (4) because of fouls, Bison are up at the half. Balanced scoring with Trekker (7), Vigil (5), and Hodgson (5) leading the way each with one three point basket as well. Penley is swatting shots left and right.

Westernwinds had a technical right before the half - wonder what that wass about.

Blue
01-10-2009, 07:58 PM
Nice to see. Go Bison

d3boys
01-10-2009, 08:06 PM
kind of ugly basketball right now
but a win is a win

NorthernBison
01-10-2009, 08:16 PM
Vigil just left the game. Didn't look good. Knee?

imabison
01-10-2009, 09:31 PM
kind of ugly basketball right now
but a win is a win
Final 52 - 46

Inger went down on a ankle but seemed to walk it off.

Katherine Burgham Foundation donates $ 125,000 total endowment to NDSU over the next 5 years.
Way to go!!

Players of the game as chosen by the Media for the Katherine Burgham Classic.

Katy Clark for WIU
Whitney Trekker for NDSU

sambini
01-10-2009, 10:11 PM
Congrats Bison++++

d3boys
01-10-2009, 11:00 PM
Vigil just left the game. Didn't look good. Knee?

with only 8 players to start with
what are you going to do with 2 more injuries
1 sub?
makes it easy to coach

NorthernBison
01-11-2009, 12:53 AM
Nobody is complaining about getting enough playing time.

The Vigil injury was replayed several times on TV. Still couldn't tell exactly what happened but it looked like no contact between her and the WIU player. She was really rolling around on the floor in severe pain and appeared to be holding her knee. Like I said earlier, it didn't look good. Sometimes though, it turns out to be not so bad. Kind of like Pierce for Boston in the NBA finals last season. Let's hope it isn't serious.

BisonVifte
01-11-2009, 02:48 AM
coach said in the post game it was her knee and she would be done for the year.

imabison
01-11-2009, 03:31 AM
coach said in the post game it was her knee and she would be done for the year.
And the way that Inger was hobbling this evening at the mens game I wonder if she will be questionable for Monday also.

Could not tell from where I sit if she was in a ankle brace or not.

medman
01-11-2009, 05:10 AM
hopefully she can play because i cant imagine playing a game with six players. that would be embarrasing. we are getting very lucky with our wins. from the looks of it, our conference is VERY weak.

Elephants Dream?
01-11-2009, 05:28 AM
Nicole was on crutches after the game and putting
no weight whatsoever on that leg. ACL, I believe.

medman
01-11-2009, 06:39 PM
i just heard word that nicole tore her acl and is done for the season. another tough loss

iHEARTthundar
01-12-2009, 04:48 PM
The ladies are just going to have to start to not have such sloppy plays and throw the ball away like they have seemed to be doing a lot of lately if they want to win a lot of the games they have left. There were many times when they had problems with the shot clock, yet Whitney was standing there completely open, and a few times Jerri/Jill as well, yet Inger would keep the ball and try and make shots when they were nearly impossible, instead of setting up her teammates who could have actually made some shots or atleast gotten way closer then she did. It seems like the team over all is playing some great teamwork and trying to help set up their teammates for success and realizing that when a teammate scores it is good for the team, but Inger really needs some work in this area becuase she seems to get very selfish wanting points for herself instead of for her team. Either that or she is completely oblivious to her teammates standing there open, in which case there are some bigger issues.