PDA

View Full Version : Why no wrinkles in offense???

4mcruenomore
01-09-2009, 02:50 AM
Just a thought, I actually had this a while back, but it came to mind today after watching the game tonight. Why didn't we do something different on offense to throw the opponents D off? Throw in some wrinkles, or however you would say it. I'm talking about "no huddle", or the famed "wildcat" that people are doing, or even the triple option type of thing Florida is running, or how about "Roehl takes the snap"??? How about even putting T-Jack in to take a few snaps in the 1st quarter, throw off the D? Seems like to me, Perles leaving could give us a breath of fresh air. Our O was pretty lame this year, IMO. Discuss and or Flame Away, lol. I remember some teams doing a no huddle to us and being pissed b/c we did the same old thing the whole game and LOST.

Bisonguy
01-09-2009, 02:56 AM
The offense was once coined as 'predicably unpredictable' by Bohl. Unfortunately, they really seemed to lose the 'un' part this past season.

4mcruenomore
01-09-2009, 02:59 AM
I'm not trying to look back and be whiney, but to look forward. I was concerned earlier this week that all hell was breaking loose and the fargodome roof was falling. Right now, I'm thinking more positive.

CaBisonFan
01-09-2009, 04:20 AM
Just a thought, I actually had this a while back, but it came to mind today after watching the game tonight. Why didn't we do something different on offense to throw the opponents D off? Throw in some wrinkles, or however you would say it. I'm talking about "no huddle", or the famed "wildcat" that people are doing, or even the triple option type of thing Florida is running, or how about "Roehl takes the snap"??? How about even putting T-Jack in to take a few snaps in the 1st quarter, throw off the D? Seems like to me, Perles leaving could give us a breath of fresh air. Our O was pretty lame this year, IMO. Discuss and or Flame Away, lol. I remember some teams doing a no huddle to us and being pissed b/c we did the same old thing the whole game and LOST.

We lost a thing called the audible...which was the real offensive plan in most Walker-led games.

Bison"FANatic"
01-09-2009, 02:20 PM
This will turn out to be a very good move in my opinion. Our offense was very vanilla and dangit I will be glad to see some chocolate, swirl and even a little rocky road.:D :D

stevdock
01-09-2009, 02:21 PM
We lost a thing called the audible...which was the real offensive plan in most Walker-led games.

That was the biggest difference we saw this last year. Who knows how good Perles was in 06 and 07, but after watching this last season and the lack of audibles, we do know that Walker audibled into a lot of good plays.

BlueBisonRock
01-09-2009, 02:47 PM
This will turn out to be a very good move in my opinion. Our offense was very vanilla and dangit I will be glad to see some chocolate, swirl and even a little rocky road.:D :D

And to think, I was under the impression that the offense was more than just a little 'rocky road' this past season.... :hide:

Bison"FANatic"
01-09-2009, 02:57 PM
Ya that probably wasn't the best flavor to write.:D :D Rocky road doesn't even begin to describe what we saw last year. It was more like a bucket that looked like vanilla and tasted like vanilla then the next bite out of the same bucket looked like chocolate but tasted like vanilla. We never knew what we were going to get in execution from series to series we knew what the plays were going to be though. That is except for the last series we had the ball with the game on the line, we all knew we were getting a interception.

56BISON73
01-09-2009, 07:16 PM
That was the biggest difference we saw this last year. Who knows how good Perles was in 06 and 07, but after watching this last season and the lack of audibles, we do know that Walker audibled into a lot of good plays.

You cant expect a QB to audible when he couldnt run the basic offense and check off receivers.

Hammersmith
01-09-2009, 10:49 PM
I like mint chocolate chip. Will we be getting that this year?

Bisonfan1
01-10-2009, 03:08 AM
The offense was once coined as 'predicably unpredictable' by Bohl. Unfortunately, they really seemed to lose the 'un' part this past season.

Post of 2009 so far, thank you, I was SCREAMING this quite often last year and wondered what the he%$ happened, that was a big part of the success of the prior two seasons, time to find that again !!!

4mcruenomore
01-10-2009, 03:30 AM
I guess I was just thinking, you know, we weren't doing very well this year, why not change some things up. Guess we had to wait til the end of the season to see some changes, I for one can't wait til next year.