PDA

View Full Version : Gus Bradley in Seattle?

RedRiver
01-06-2009, 01:15 PM
According to league sources, Marinelli left the Seattle Seahawks' complex Monday after discussing the defensive coordinator position there. The Seahawks plan to interview Tampa Bay linebackers coach Gus Bradley on Tuesday.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-06-bears-chicagojan06,0,4221053.story

Bisonfan1
01-06-2009, 03:04 PM
According to league sources, Marinelli left the Seattle Seahawks' complex Monday after discussing the defensive coordinator position there. The Seahawks plan to interview Tampa Bay linebackers coach Gus Bradley on Tuesday.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-06-bears-chicagojan06,0,4221053.story

Good for him, Tampa had their D coordinator on staff in Gus, and blew that one. Good luck Gus.

SirHinn
01-06-2009, 05:31 PM
Good for him, Tampa had their D coordinator on staff in Gus, and blew that one. Good luck Gus.

I would disagree with that completely considering Tampa's new D Coordinator is now interviewing for head coaching job's, so Tampa must have known something with that hire.

bkit29
01-07-2009, 12:24 AM
I am a huge seahawks fan, and i hope they hire gus, but i think he would be a d-coordinater in name only. from what i have read, jim mora will call the defensive plays like holmgren did with the offense.

I was listening to derrick hanson on my way home today, and a couple of viking fans called in and said the vikes should go after seattles matt hasselbeck. has anyone heard any rumers of a trade? cause i am pretty sure he is under contract with the hawks.

spelunker64
01-11-2009, 03:33 AM
WDAY says it's a done deal. Congrats Gus!

sambini
01-11-2009, 03:37 AM
I got a text message from him tonight. Very excited Congrats Casey we are very proud of you++++

DIBISON
01-11-2009, 03:55 AM
Great news. Just a couple of years ago Gus was the DC for the Bison and now he'll be the coach in charge of an NFL defensive!! Good luck Gus.

Gully
01-11-2009, 10:49 AM
WOW, good for him, that's very impressive. He was an excellent coach here and I'm sure he'll do well in his new role. On top of that he's a Bison through and through so he'll "represent" well.

Bisonfan1
01-11-2009, 02:40 PM
I would disagree with that completely considering Tampa's new D Coordinator is now interviewing for head coaching job's, so Tampa must have known something with that hire.

Respect your opinion but it appears Tampa does not know much and Seattle knows more. Way to go Gus !!!!

SirHinn
01-11-2009, 05:03 PM
Respect your opinion but it appears Tampa does not know much and Seattle knows more. Way to go Gus !!!!

It shows is Gus is very respected within the NFL and it's great that he's moving up the ranks. This just shows that hard work pays off and good things happen to good people! . Again no offense to Gus; but their choice is getting interviews for head coaching positions, so I find it a little silly when people say Tampa made a bad decision with their hire.

bkit29
01-11-2009, 07:24 PM
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawks/2008614437_hawk11.html

stevdock
01-11-2009, 08:41 PM
This is no slam on Bohl or any of the coaches we have had under Bohl, but did NDSU screw up by hiring Bohl instead of hiring Bradley?? I think we all know with Bohl having no ties to the area that he will eventually leave, where as Bradley, I think, would have been here forever.

At this point it doesn't matter, but by seeing his quick rise through the NFL that question did pop into my head. Congrats to him on all the hard work that he has put in, he's definitely deserved it.

steelbison
01-13-2009, 02:01 PM
This is no slam on Bohl or any of the coaches we have had under Bohl, but did NDSU screw up by hiring Bohl instead of hiring Bradley?? I think we all know with Bohl having no ties to the area that he will eventually leave, where as Bradley, I think, would have been here forever.

At this point it doesn't matter, but by seeing his quick rise through the NFL that question did pop into my head. Congrats to him on all the hard work that he has put in, he's definitely deserved it.

NO....We needed someone with Div 1 expierence. coach Bohl has had a great run here. Plus there was no guarantee that Gus would have been here any longer than Coach Bohl.

I am very happy for Gus!!!!! Good luck with the seahawks!!

GOB1SON
01-13-2009, 08:03 PM
From the NFC West blog on espn.com, talking about the changes in Seattle:

"Former Bucs defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin called Mora to tell him Bradley stood out as a once-in-a-lifetime coach. Mora said he trusted Kiffin's judgment based on Kiffin's reputation and Mora's own relationship with Kiffin from their days in New Orleans with the Saints. Mora said he came to the same conclusion as Kiffin, predicting that Bradley would one day become a head coach."

Way to go Coach!

Bisonfan1
01-14-2009, 03:09 AM
From the NFC West blog on espn.com, talking about the changes in Seattle:

"Former Bucs defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin called Mora to tell him Bradley stood out as a once-in-a-lifetime coach. Mora said he trusted Kiffin's judgment based on Kiffin's reputation and Mora's own relationship with Kiffin from their days in New Orleans with the Saints. Mora said he came to the same conclusion as Kiffin, predicting that Bradley would one day become a head coach."

Way to go Coach!

Eat that SirHinn !!!!!!!!!!!!! Not as smart as you think you are and the Bucs are for not promoting gus eh ?? ha ha GO GUS !! Dont take this to this heart, Just love to see a local boy do good, hated to see Gus leave the coaching staff of NDSU, however, good move, one heck ava resume now !! Ran one heck ava defense while he was here, thanx Gus !!!

THEsocalledfan
01-17-2009, 03:17 PM
Wow, talk about good timing. Did you guys see this?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3839188

Looks like Casey got out of Dodge just in the time.....

SirHinn
01-17-2009, 04:49 PM
Eat that SirHinn !!!!!!!!!!!!! Not as smart as you think you are and the Bucs are for not promoting gus eh ?? ha ha GO GUS !! Dont take this to this heart, Just love to see a local boy do good, hated to see Gus leave the coaching staff of NDSU, however, good move, one heck ava resume now !! Ran one heck ava defense while he was here, thanx Gus !!!

Eat what? The Bucs liked their secondary coach more then Casey Bradley, why does that have to be a knock on the Bucs? They liked the guy so much they decided to make him the head coach, why hate on the Bucs for that? The only reason why people said the Bucs made a terrible decision in not promoting Gus was because he's from NDSU. Clearly people knew nothing about the secondary coach.

sambini
01-20-2009, 03:40 AM
Todd Wash remains on the staff at Tampa.