PDA

View Full Version : Roehl ranked #18

Kevin
01-04-2009, 11:20 AM
Alright I'll admit I'm a huge draft junkie. I'm already reading mock drafts and power rankings. One of my favorite sites is NFLDraftDog.com where they have Tyler listed at #18, the second highest FCS running back on the list (behind only Herb). Hopefully this is a good sign that we will be seeing Tyler on sundays. http://www.nfldraftdog.com/2009%20Rankings/running_backs_for_the_2009_nfl_d.htm

BisoninNWMN
01-04-2009, 11:45 AM
Alright I'll admit I'm a huge draft junkie. I'm already reading mock drafts and power rankings. One of my favorite sites is NFLDraftDog.com where they have Tyler listed at #18, the second highest FCS running back on the list (behind only Herb). Hopefully this is a good sign that we will be seeing Tyler on sundays. http://www.nfldraftdog.com/2009%20Rankings/running_backs_for_the_2009_nfl_d.htm

Tyler would be a great addition to ANY NFL team......1st day pick IMO!!

AEBison1998
01-04-2009, 11:58 AM
Five of the guys ahead of him are not seniors. Have all of the people on the list declaired for the draft?

Bison101
01-04-2009, 04:50 PM
#18- Hardly gets you drafted.

Might definitely be a Free Agent....

Gully
01-04-2009, 05:05 PM
Not necessarily, this is just one rating, who knows, some team might want him at FB? I'm not saying he'll get drafted for sure, I'm just saying it could easily happen. At a minimum, I agree he'll get a shot as a free agent. If Steffes got a shot, Roehl surely will.

CaBisonFan
01-04-2009, 05:25 PM

It's unfortunate that Tyler didn't play with a better over-all offense this year...and injury-free. Maybe the NFL combines will help his status.

Thanks for the info. We need a draft junkie here. Keep it coming. Rep for you. :nod:

stevdock
01-04-2009, 06:19 PM
It's unfortunate that Tyler didn't play with a better over-all offense this year...and injury-free. Maybe the NFL combines will help his status.

Thanks for the info. We need a draft junkie here. Keep it coming. :nod:

Any word on whether he will be invited to the combine??

lakesbison
01-04-2009, 06:28 PM
Tyler and.wurzy goin to combine for sure ,,no word on humber.

BadlandsBison
01-04-2009, 08:01 PM
Roehl can DEF be a fb in the pros. I think he could be a Mike Alstott-type player. Problem is, the fb position is used less and less nowa days which might limit Tyler's shot......

VegasBison
01-04-2009, 08:14 PM
Here are a couple more:

http://www.draftcountdown.com/rankings/rb.php

Listed as a fullback:
http://www.kffl.com/article.php/98650/161

Bison_Pride
01-04-2009, 09:27 PM
Tahi plays a lot for the Vikings, and I would think that Roehl could be better than him. However Tahi didn't go right from college at BYU to starting in the NFL, he had to spend a lot of time toiling on practice squads and with various teams. He would probably have to go the same route, sign a free agent contract, stay healthy, make a practice squad, be at the right place at the right time.

devin45k
01-05-2009, 12:30 AM
he'll be converted to FB, IMO

BisonFan33
01-08-2009, 09:44 PM
Roehl is going to sign somewhere and chances of going in one of the later rounds is very possible. I was watching a Denver Broncos game a couple months back and saw a guy playing running back for them from Arkansas. The guys name is Peyton Hillis and he played fullback in college. His job was basically to route out holes for McPhaden and their other running back who plays for the cowboys now. But anyways, the way that he plays compared to Tyler is very similar. They both are hard nosed down hill runners who are going to go through players, not around them. I think that he has an excellent oppurtunity to make a roster somewhere like Denver where they are a running team.

Kermit
01-08-2009, 09:56 PM
I'd love to see Tyler make it as a RB, but I think he will be moved to fullback. He is obviously very strong, a very hard runner, and he has pretty good speed. I do think that some of the better defenses "figured out" his running style this season. We started to see team consistently chop him down at the ankles and he had a hard time avoiding the low tackles. He doesn't have good lateral quickness. He is nearly impossible to bring down up high, he just punishes any tackler who tries to hit him high.

BisonNolesFan77
01-08-2009, 11:34 PM
Roehl is going to sign somewhere and chances of going in one of the later rounds is very possible. I was watching a Denver Broncos game a couple months back and saw a guy playing running back for them from Arkansas. The guys name is Peyton Hillis and he played fullback in college. His job was basically to route out holes for McPhaden and their other running back who plays for the cowboys now. But anyways, the way that he plays compared to Tyler is very similar. They both are hard nosed down hill runners who are going to go through players, not around them. I think that he has an excellent oppurtunity to make a roster somewhere like Denver where they are a running team.

Denver's running game was a product of Mike Shanahan, his style of play could turn any back into a 1,000 yard rusher. But, Roehl will get a shot to prove himself somewhere.

A1pigskin
02-05-2009, 12:06 AM
Has anyone heard more about his training in MSP?

unbison
02-05-2009, 12:19 AM
Wurzbacher to the combine. did he all of a sudden remember how to catch?
Humber needs to be there!

Dabison
02-05-2009, 02:55 PM
Tyler and.wurzy goin to combine for sure ,,no word on humber.

You must mean that they are going to attend pro day? None of them have been invited to the NFL combine on Feb. 18th.

jeffdaryl3rd
02-06-2009, 10:37 PM
Unfortunately the website that I tend to think is the best draft site out there has him at #39 among running backs.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/rankings/rb.php

mercury743
02-08-2009, 03:14 AM
Unfortunately there are no Bison players on the Combine invite list. Unless they add some late. http://www.nflcombine.net/players/official-invite-list

Gotta Earn It
02-08-2009, 04:26 AM
Come on you guys...

The NFL Combine is not something that we at UNI even track. Why do you think Roehl deserves to be at the combine? The combine isn't where FCS players make it. School success on the FCS level gets players noticed.

Kermit
02-08-2009, 05:29 AM
School success on the FCS level gets players noticed.

The NFL is solely interested in how well an individual player projects to the league. They don't give a #%$! about "school success on the FCS level." Furthermore, if you believe that the NFL perceives that UNI is on a different level than NDSU, you are even more delusional that I thought.

IzzyFlexion
02-08-2009, 12:57 PM
Come on you guys...

The NFL Combine is not something that we at UNI even track. Why do you think Roehl deserves to be at the combine? The combine isn't where FCS players make it. School success on the FCS level gets players noticed.

Oh, I see. So one of those important success factors may likely be tied to how many national champio........................................... .............

MNLonghorn10
02-09-2009, 05:37 AM
Tyler would be a great addition to ANY NFL team......1st day pick IMO!!

Matt Millen is no longer employed to be that silly.

Sorry but I almost fell out of my bed reading that one

56BISON73
02-09-2009, 05:43 AM
Come on you guys...

Who cares whether you at UNI track the combine as you arent the definitive word on anything except for being an asshole.

steelbison
02-09-2009, 02:10 PM
Come on you guys...

Well, here is the list of FCS players that were invited to the combine. Trust me you can definitely make a name for yourself by doing well. Ask Cromartie and hightower from the cards....both were FCS players and drafted high

Complete list of FCS Players invited to the Combine

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OLB Lee Robinson Alcorn State
WR Ramses Barden Cal Poly
FB Marquez Branson Central Arkansas
QB Nathan Brown Central Arkansas
OT Joel Bell Furman
DT Chris Baker Hampton
CB Domonique "DJ" Johnson Jackson State
RB Rashad Jennings Liberty
WR Quinten Lawrence McNeese State
OT Kyle Link McNeese State
CB Lardarius Webb Nicholls State
CB Don Carey Norfolk State
TE Brian Mandeville Northeastern
DE Lawrence Sidbury Jr. Richmond
QB Rhett Bomar Sam Houston State
WR Dominique Edison Stephen F. Austin
RB Javarris Williams Tennessee State
OT Cornelius Lewis Tennessee State
FB Marcus Mailei Weber State

mebisonII
02-09-2009, 03:01 PM
A friend of mine played for MSU-Moorehead and still made it to a combine (didn't make it beyond though). So, it is possible.

IzzyFlexion
02-09-2009, 03:28 PM
Is that kid from Valley City State invited?

sambini
02-14-2009, 04:59 PM
Who cares whether you at UNI track the combine as you arent the definitive word on anything except for being an asshole.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Kermit
02-14-2009, 07:51 PM
Come on you guys...

http://schwillz.com/stuff/total/pics/troll.gif

A1pigskin
02-14-2009, 09:22 PM
Is that kid from Valley City State invited?

Being an alum of VCSU, it sure would be nice to see someone go from that school.