PDA

View Full Version : West Virginia Stats

CaBisonFan
12-27-2008, 07:27 PM
I'm watching West Virginia play North Carolina in the Chick-Fil-A-IBM-Phil Wong Garcia's Chicken Shack-Citibank Meineke Champ Bowl right now, and an interesting stat was given.

West Virginia's defense lost 8 starters from last year, and finished 9th in the country in points allowed per game...that being 16 pts.

They weren't expected to be strong...according to the announcer, because they had lost so many outstanding players. Surprised everyone. National title expectations last year with a veteran team with big losses on both sides of the ball. No one expected them to be anything this year.

:nod:

d3boys
12-28-2008, 06:56 PM
white from wv won 4 straight bowl games

CaBisonFan
12-28-2008, 07:03 PM
white from wv won 4 straight bowl games

That's amazing...and 2 of them were BCS wins. Oklahoma last year I think. Wonder if he'll end up playing QB in the NFL. Not big enough for most teams I suppose.

Thundering Herd
12-28-2008, 10:02 PM
I'm watching West Virginia play North Carolina in the Chick-Fil-A-IBM-Phil Wong Garcia's Chicken Shack-Citibank Meineke Champ Bowl right now, and an interesting stat was given.

West Virginia's defense lost 8 starters from last year, and finished 9th in the country in points allowed per game...that being 16 pts.

They weren't expected to be strong...according to the announcer, because they had lost so many outstanding players. Surprised everyone. National title expectations last year with a veteran team with big losses on both sides of the ball. No one expected them to be anything this year.

:nod:
*yawn*... thanks for the outstanding pep talk and ANOTHER wonderful thread!

CaBisonFan
12-28-2008, 11:34 PM

I live in anxious anticipation of your judgment.

http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/1247/judgejudy400ds0620ht8.jpg

aces1180
12-28-2008, 11:59 PM

This shouldn't be in the football thread...It should be in news about other schools...No surprise that it is here, however, considering the source.

CaBisonFan
12-29-2008, 12:02 AM
This shouldn't be in the football thread...It should be in news about other schools...No surprise that it is here, however, considering the source.

It's a big 'whatever' aces. It's about the Bison. LOL

I'll simplify it for you:

Bison do goodereney did last year.