PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting: Class of 2010 and beyond

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

bisonpride4ever
12-12-2009, 04:23 AM
Marshall Bjorkland's Sibley East Wolverines are off to a 3-0 start to the season. I don't have the stats from the last game but Marshall's stats from the first two games are as follows:

vs Howard Lake-Waverly-Winsted: 29pts, 19reb, 4blks (W 70-46)
vs Gibbon-Fairfax-Winthrop: 18pts, 19reb, 7blks, 4stls, 3asts (W 56-51)

The third game I know they hammered Watertown-Mayer 87-59, but I don't have any of Marshall's stats.

Mr. Burgundy
12-12-2009, 04:28 AM
I heard tonight that Marshall went for 34 and 14 and sat the final 10 minutes last night.

bisonpride4ever
12-12-2009, 04:45 AM
Thanks Burgandy i figured if i didn't know you would know. so if that holds true on the season Marshall is averaging 27pts, 17.3 rebs. I'm hoping to make it to a couple games this season to check him out. Hopefully I can make it to the Redwood Valley tourney this year since i missed it last season. gotta watch the lady wolverines too since my brother's the coach.

bisonpride4ever
12-13-2009, 01:39 AM
Marshall Bjorklund's Sibley East Wolverines lost at the Tip-Off Shootout in Minnetonka by 20 today to a tough Waconia team, who had defeated Minnetonka in their season opener 75-55. Going into the game Sibley East was the #6 ranked team in 2A and Waconia is a 3A school. This game was played at 11am this morning. Not sure on the what Marshall's stats were but I will try to get them when I can.

Jdubs21
12-13-2009, 03:03 PM
I heard tonight that Marshall went for 34 and 14 and sat the final 10 minutes last night.

are u as anxious as i am to see this kid in a bison uniform?

Kermit
12-14-2009, 12:18 AM
Marshall Bjorklund's Sibley East Wolverines lost at the Tip-Off Shootout in Minnetonka by 20 today to a tough Waconia team, who had defeated Minnetonka in their season opener 75-55. Going into the game Sibley East was the #6 ranked team in 2A and Waconia is a 3A school. This game was played at 11am this morning. Not sure on the what Marshall's stats were but I will try to get them when I can.

Bjorklund had 28 points, 15 rebounds, and 3 blocks in the 20 point loss to Waconia and Shelby Moats. Moats is a 6'7" junior power forward who has offers from Utah, Green Bay, and Milwaukee among others. In other words, Marshall put up big numbers against very good competition in this game. And yes, JDubs, I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing Bjorklund in a Bison uniform. :)

You can follow Bjorklund's season including stats here: http://www.maxpreps.com/athletes/PzsSC4KFCU25MFp6D-zteg/basketball-winter-09-10/profile-marshall-bjorklund.htm

lakesbison
12-15-2009, 03:27 AM
Terfehr for Breckenridge is a solid player, would like to see NDSU offer him a walk on. dont know if he's a D1 player but he getting looks!

http://www.wahpetondailynews.com/articles/2009/12/04/sports/doc4b19804cf3b4c222650558.txt

Tonight vs Hawley

29 points tonight in win.

NDSUstudent
12-16-2009, 06:49 PM
Bjorklund's last game... 26 points, 16 rebounds, and 4 blocks.

On the season(4 games) he is averaging 27 points, 17 boards, and 4 blocks.

DjKyRo
12-16-2009, 07:53 PM
Bjorklund's last game... 26 points, 16 rebounds, and 4 blocks.

On the season(4 games) he is averaging 27 points, 17 boards, and 4 blocks.

Jesus this kid is a monster. Can't wait to see him in green and gold!

unbison
12-17-2009, 02:40 PM
Terfehr for Breckenridge is a solid player, would like to see NDSU offer him a walk on. dont know if he's a D1 player but he getting looks!

http://www.wahpetondailynews.com/articles/2009/12/04/sports/doc4b19804cf3b4c222650558.txt

Tonight vs Hawley

29 points tonight in win.
it does not say where he is getting looks from.... could be mayville... could ndscs...... who knows

Kermit
12-18-2009, 03:38 PM
I just read that Tyler Vaughan (Josh's little brother) went over 1000 points for his high school career at Braham--5 games into his sophomore season!

Tatanka
12-18-2009, 04:48 PM
I just read that Tyler Vaughan (Josh's little brother) went over 1000 points for his high school career at Braham--5 games into his sophomore season!

SIGN HIM SAUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!1!1!1!1!!!!one!!!!!!!!!

NDSUstudent
12-19-2009, 06:00 AM
Bjorklund's line tonight....23 points, 19 boards, and 5 blocks.

The Lost Dutchman
12-19-2009, 07:18 AM
All I know is NDSU missed the boat on Nik Savageau of Fargo North. I know they were looking at him this summer, but this kid is a flat out baller!! I've seen lots of point guards come out of North Dakota, but he could possibly be one of the best! Watched him absolutely torch Shanley tonight and he made several plays that were just unreal!

TheDoctor
12-19-2009, 03:09 PM
Nik Savageau? I thought he went to Shanley and his contributions to the NDSU basketball team include motivating the student section to victory??? Sav---can you clear this up please? :D ;)

The Lost Dutchman
12-19-2009, 03:24 PM
Okay to say best to come out of North Dakota might have been the beer talking. This kid though is absolutely rock solid!

Mr. Burgundy
12-19-2009, 04:46 PM
Good player. May get an offer to walk on or get a full ride at UND. That has become pretty typical lately.

tony
12-19-2009, 04:52 PM
WCF Courier: Wright, Washington lead West boys to win (http://www.wcfcourier.com/sports/high-school/west_high_wahawks/article_2ea0b894-ec58-11de-9a5e-001cc4c03286.html)

From the story:

Wright dazzled the crowd with multiple slam dunks while turning in a double-double of 14 points and 12 rebounds. The Wahawks' standout also finished with five steals, four assists, four blocked shots and no turnovers.

unbison
12-19-2009, 04:55 PM
good find excited to see him play.... however if i read stat line right.... he was 2-5 from the field..... and had multiple dunks..... how is his shot?
just saying?

tjbison
12-19-2009, 05:01 PM
good find excited to see him play.... however if i read stat line right.... he was 2-5 from the field..... and had multiple dunks..... how is his shot?
just saying?

cmon now don't be a negative nancy!!:p

NDSUFan_Sav
12-19-2009, 05:22 PM
Nik Savageau? I thought he went to Shanley and his contributions to the NDSU basketball team include motivating the student section to victory??? Sav---can you clear this up please? :D ;)

I was soooo awesome they decided to make a clone of me, what can i say???

tony
12-19-2009, 05:43 PM
just saying?

Well, according to the stat line, his team was 4-8 from the field for 58 points. Ya think maybe the stat line was wrong? :)

NDSUstudent
12-19-2009, 05:47 PM
Yeah, I think that stat has to be talking about free throws or more likely three point shooting.

ndsubison1
12-19-2009, 06:03 PM
savageau is commited to sioux falls

IzzyFlexion
12-19-2009, 06:32 PM
just saying?

6 field goals and 2-5 from the line. (maybe that's what you meant?)

Kermit
12-20-2009, 01:11 AM
All I know is NDSU missed the boat on Nik Savageau of Fargo North. I know they were looking at him this summer, but this kid is a flat out baller!! I've seen lots of point guards come out of North Dakota, but he could possibly be one of the best! Watched him absolutely torch Shanley tonight and he made several plays that were just unreal!

Wow..where to start? First, the Bison staff has been very aware of Savageau throughout his high school career and they've also watched him play AAU ball. They did have some interest in Nik, but in the end they saw him as a walk-on. As Ming said, Nik signed a LOI with the University of Sioux Falls this fall.

Savageau is a nice player, but the Bison staff is now looking for players who can take the program back to the Big Dance. To my eye, Savageau is not close to the level of Nate Wolters, the PG from St. Cloud Tech who the Bison offered last spring and who is now starting for SDSU. He MIGHT be on a similar level to Tydan Storrusten of Pelican Rapids who is currently redshirting at Northern State.

None of this is meant as a slam on Savageau. He is clearly one of the best players in the state of ND--but to put that in context, I was told by a regional college head coach this fall that in his view there are only 3 legitimate D-2 hoops prospects in the senior class in the state of ND this year. He mentioned Savageau, Kielpinski from Mandan, and a Class B kid whose name I can't remember.

Bottom line is that Savageau is a nice ND high school player, but to say the Bison "missed the boat" on him is misleading at best.

ndsubison1
12-20-2009, 05:46 AM
Wow..where to start? First, the Bison staff has been very aware of Savageau throughout his high school career and they've also watched him play AAU ball. They did have some interest in Nik, but in the end they saw him as a walk-on. As Ming said, Nik signed a LOI with the University of Sioux Falls this fall.

Savageau is a nice player, but the Bison staff is now looking for players who can take the program back to the Big Dance. To my eye, Savageau is not close to the level of Nate Wolters, the PG from St. Cloud Tech who the Bison offered last spring and who is now starting for SDSU. He MIGHT be on a similar level to Tydan Storrusten of Pelican Rapids who is currently redshirting at Northern State.

None of this is meant as a slam on Savageau. He is clearly one of the best players in the state of ND--but to put that in context, I was told by a regional college head coach this fall that in his view there are only 3 legitimate D-2 hoops prospects in the senior class in the state of ND this year. He mentioned Savageau, Kielpinski from Mandan, and a Class B kid whose name I can't remember.

Bottom line is that Savageau is a nice ND high school player, but to say the Bison "missed the boat" on him is misleading at best.

yeah i agree with this... legit d-2 player but not a player that is gonna get us over the top. btw i think that class b player you're thinking of is adam randall out of steele

TheDoctor
12-20-2009, 07:25 AM
I was soooo awesome they decided to make a clone of me, what can i say???

What can you say????.......Chea! maybe???? :rofl: ;)

The Lost Dutchman
12-20-2009, 07:10 PM

So is it far fetched then to say then to say that Minnesota missed the boat on Ben Woodside as well then? I certainly wouldn't say that is very far fetched. There's a reason why NDSU was interested in him but they didn't offer so he committed elswhere and signed his LOI. Had he not been signed, he certainly would have been getting looked at by them. You say he's not close to Wolters, so you've actually watched him play this year then or is this all from other people are telling you?

Kermit
12-21-2009, 12:26 AM
So is it far fetched then to say then to say that Minnesota missed the boat on Ben Woodside as well then? I certainly wouldn't say that is very far fetched. There's a reason why NDSU was interested in him but they didn't offer so he committed elswhere and signed his LOI. Had he not been signed, he certainly would have been getting looked at by them. You say he's not close to Wolters, so you've actually watched him play this year then or is this all from other people are telling you?

We aren't discussing Ben Woodside, we are discussing Nik Savageau. Yes, I've seen Savageau play this year. No, I don't think he is on the same level as Nate Wolters. Again, I'm not trying to take anything away from Savageau. He is a fine player, but in my opinion, not a D-I scholarship kid. I'm also not a guy who doesn't think that a player from our area could possibly be a D-I player. I have been a huge promoter of Jordan Aaberg on this board (and yes, Nate Wolters). I'm just a fan with an opinion and I could be wrong. I did take offense to your comment that the Bison "missed the boat" on Savageau because I happen to know that they carefully evaluated him.

TheDoctor
12-21-2009, 02:23 AM

Minnesota's issue with Woody was simple, he was too short. The thing that is hard to judge is how heart and sheer will too win translates to the next level. Joe Mays, too short, now playing in the NFL. ;)

DjKyRo
12-21-2009, 06:33 PM
A source close to the situation has confided in me that Nik Savageau still has all four years of athletic eligibility left. SIGN THIS KID SAUL!!!!!!

Mr. Burgundy
12-21-2009, 11:45 PM
http://www.mlive.com/sports/saginaw/index.ssf/2009/04/column_thirty_points_on_the_ba.html

This is a kid we have had an offer out to for a while. Derrick Davis, Michigan. Freak athlete. More of a combo guard that can jump out of the gym. Coaches like that he would be very different from Felt, and compliment him very well. He was in the same weekend Tray was in. Can't have enough 40 inch vertical leaps with a 30 on their ACT.

He would be a really good get for us.

Kermit
12-22-2009, 02:45 PM
http://www.mlive.com/sports/saginaw/index.ssf/2009/04/column_thirty_points_on_the_ba.html

This is a kid we have had an offer out to for a while. Derrick Davis, Michigan. Freak athlete. More of a combo guard that can jump out of the gym. Coaches like that he would be very different from Felt, and compliment him very well. He was in the same weekend Tray was in. Can't have enough 40 inch vertical leaps with a 30 on their ACT.

He would be a really good get for us.

Davis is listed by MaxPreps as a 6'2" 180 guard from Bridgeport High School in Bridgeport, Michigan (Saginaw area). I think the Bison have been recruiting him as an off guard (2). He played forward for his high school team last season, but is being used as a point guard this year. He attended a "point guard college" at Davenport University in Grand Rapids this summer to learn the new position. He is supposed to be extremely athletic, but at 6'2" he is not very big for a D-I off guard. NDSU is his only known scholarship offer thus far, but if he is successful at learning the point that will likely change.

http://images.maxpreps.com/FanPages/Images/Rosters/e5f8da45-c271-4679-b747-de7966daee1c.jpg

Stats are here: http://highschoolsports.mlive.com/player/derrick-davis/

derrick.willis82
12-27-2009, 08:29 PM
Some pretty filthy stats from Bjorklund thus far this season

26.3PPG 17.0RPG 4.2BPG

fbsbison
12-27-2009, 10:30 PM
he should be mr basketball this year, unless they give it to kevin noreen.

tony
12-27-2009, 10:38 PM

26.3PPG 17.0RPG 4.2BPG

Nice!

BTW, I've moved all the Royce White stuff to a different thread.

Kermit
12-31-2009, 03:00 PM
yeah i agree with this... legit d-2 player but not a player that is gonna get us over the top. btw i think that class b player you're thinking of is adam randall out of steele

In fairness to Puffy, I watched Nik Savageau put on another dominating performance last night in a one point North win over Moorhead. He scored 30 including a long 3 pointer at the buzzer for the win. He will be a very good d2 player.

Sav's game winner came 3 seconds after Moorhead freshman Aaron Lien gave the Spuds the lead with a gutsy baseline basket. Lien is a talented and athletic 6'3" wing who could become the best player to come out of Moorhead in many years.

WildBill
01-03-2010, 06:09 PM
Minnesota's issue with Woody was simple, he was too short. The thing that is hard to judge is how heart and sheer will too win translates to the next level. Joe Mays, too short, now playing in the NFL. ;)

Not totally true. It came down to Woodside or Rico Tucker for the last scholly. Tucker was an athletic freak, and just further cemented Monson's rep as a mediocre talent evaluator

Kermit
01-04-2010, 03:37 PM
Quick follow-up on a kid going elsewhere. Taylor Filipek is a 6'6" forward from Willmar, MN who has committed to Eastern Kentucky. I'm not sure how interested NDSU was in Filipek, but they didn't offer. I watched Willmar destroy Moorhead on Saturday afternoon. Filipek is a very versatile player who brings a lot to the table. He is an excellent passer, has great shooting range, attacks the rim, and had one thunderous jam. He could be the area kid who "got away" this year. Sam Sussenguth was in the house.

Kermit
01-04-2010, 07:42 PM

26.3PPG 17.0RPG 4.2BPG

Marshall had 34 points, 19 rebounds, and 5 blocks in his most recent game against Redwood Valley (Mike Felt's high school). He is now averaging 28.2 points, 16.9 Rebs, 4.0 blocks.

DORMIE
01-04-2010, 07:52 PM
I noticed a few Willmar jackets at the Saturday nights game as I sit in the first row.

Kermit
01-04-2010, 07:54 PM
http://wahawkathletics.multisportsystems.com/page/show_article/36274/40381

"It's amazing," West head coach Justin Little said. "When he gets breakaways, we know he's going to hit it hard. It gets our fans going and it gets our kids going when he gets a dunk.

"I call him a freak of nature. He's got great ball-handling skills and jumping ability for a 6-7 kid. ... It just blows my mind."

Offensively, West has used Wright's height and ball-handling skills to help break fullcourt pressure by throwing over the top of defenders. Defensively, he's been used in the center of a 1-3-1 zone to disrupt passing lanes and alter shots.

It's not uncommon to see Wright guarding the opponent's leading scorer.

"Sometimes you like to hide your superstar (on defense) so you don't get into foul trouble," Little said. "But that's not been the case with him."

OnTheFifty
01-04-2010, 09:12 PM
Joe Coleman 2011 prospect- who has an offer from the Gophers (or verballed according to Lakes)

"Other the Santa Clara and the U I would have to say Northern Iowa, Colorado State, Wisconsin, Iowa, Iowa State, Wichita State, Harvard, and North Dakota State (are showing the most interest)," Joe said. "Also Columbia too."

TheDoctor
01-04-2010, 11:26 PM
as I sit in the first row.

Front row? Burgundy....I don't know if you realize this, but Dormie is kind of a big deal. :D ;)

DORMIE
01-05-2010, 03:53 AM
I must be a big deal as I sit next to Road.

TheDoctor
01-05-2010, 03:54 AM
I must be a big deal as I sit next to Road.

VERY True! VERY True! :bowdown: ;)

DjKyRo
01-06-2010, 03:12 AM
Caught the Century game at Dickinson tonight and kept an eye on Joe Hanstad - the guy is a baller, looked to have 16 points I think. Century came to play defensively so I'm not sure if that's characteristic of his performance or not. He's got a quick trigger compared to the other guys out there who take a second to set up, he gets the ball and its in the air even if its contested. Got set up for a nice alley-oop later on, he's got the quickness to slash to the hoop. He'd make a great 3 if he was about two inches taller.

Thought I saw a scout from NDSU at the game. Overall nice game for Hanstad, but Century still pulled out the win. :D

Billy Hoyle
01-09-2010, 12:35 PM
Quick follow-up on a kid going elsewhere. Taylor Filipek is a 6'6" forward from Willmar, MN who has committed to Eastern Kentucky. I'm not sure how interested NDSU was in Filipek, but they didn't offer. I watched Willmar destroy Moorhead on Saturday afternoon. Filipek is a very versatile player who brings a lot to the table. He is an excellent passer, has great shooting range, attacks the rim, and had one thunderous jam. He could be the area kid who "got away" this year. Sam Sussenguth was in the house.

Would have liked to see this kid with his former AAU teammate Bjorkland at NDSU, but I think Eastern Kentucky's style probably suits him better. Here's a link to Mike Max's story on Willmar basketball. The first 3 clips are Filipek; a three, a driving And 1 and the dunk at Moorhead.

http://wcco.com/video/?id=73112@wcco.dayport.com

Willmar has been producing some BB talent...Over the last few years both Sam & Casey Sussenguth (guessing he has offers after his soph year at Ridgewater CC), plus Jordan Smith who is playing baseball at SCSU. Junior Brian Reeves is listed in the top 20 players for 2011 on MN Preps.

DjKyRo
01-10-2010, 01:08 AM
Jay Harris has been evaluated at a 94 (up from a 93) and is now the #14 PG (up from #15). http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=96348&season=2010&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncb %2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fplayer%3frecruitId%3d963 48%26season%3d2010

silkamilkamonico
01-10-2010, 02:14 AM
Jay Harris has been evaluated at a 94 (up from a 93) and is now the #14 PG (up from #15). http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=96348&season=2010&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncb %2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fplayer%3frecruitId%3d963 48%26season%3d2010

Wow that's pretty impressive, he really came on as of late.

I'm not sure NDSU has a realistic chance at all with him, but it's nice to be in the mix of a player of that calibur.

NDSUstudent
01-10-2010, 02:22 AM
This is probably the most recent update on his status...

Class of 2010 Holiday Stock Raiser
The slender, high-scoring Jay Harris of Oswego East came up huge at the East Aurora Holiday Tournament, scoring 32 points in a win over Ryan Boatright and East Aurora and then pouring in 35 in the title game matchup with Bobo Drummond and Peoria Central. Harris, a versatile scorer and shooter with range, has Ball State, Valparaiso and North Dakota State heavily involved, with Creighton picking up interest.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/hoopsreport/2010/01/holiday_hoops_rewind.html

DjKyRo
01-10-2010, 02:48 AM
Wow that's pretty impressive, he really came on as of late.

I'm not sure NDSU has a realistic chance at all with him, but it's nice to be in the mix of a player of that calibur.

I'm a believer when Burgundy says "don't give up hope." I'd like to think he realizes an opportunity he has here to be a part of two (hopefully more) consecutive recruiting classes that are going to redefine hoops at NDSU.

Make the right choice Jay!

SUBISON247
01-10-2010, 03:36 AM
maybe AJ Cooper can help out in getting Harris since he seems to be working his magic on the football side of things.

Twentysix
01-10-2010, 10:30 AM
http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=73734&season=2010&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncb %2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fplayer%3frecruitId%3d737 34%26season%3d2010

Whats that? Connecticut?

IzzyFlexion
01-10-2010, 02:44 PM
I'm a believer when Burgundy says "don't give up hope." I'd like to think he realizes an opportunity he has here to be a part of two (hopefully more) consecutive recruiting classes that are going to redefine hoops at NDSU.

Make the right choice Jay!

I'm going to see Oswego East this Thursday night to check out Mr. Harris.

Jdubs21
01-10-2010, 02:49 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=73734&season=2010&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncb %2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fplayer%3frecruitId%3d737 34%26season%3d2010

Whats that? Connecticut?

wow thats range

Mr. Burgundy
01-10-2010, 10:47 PM
Jay Harris is a very real shot for NDSU. He really likes our coaches, school, city, etc. Coaches doing a terrific job. Kid can flat out fill it up. He would be a fun one to have.

Kermit
01-11-2010, 09:17 PM
Joe Hanstad (6'3" guard from Dickinson High School) update from ESPN/Scouts Inc: http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/tracker/player?page=briefingroom&recruitId=88852

November, 2009: Hanstad is a scoring guard with a high basketball IQ. Joe is patient when driving the basketball and surveying the floor for openings; he loves to use the hesitation dribble to set up his in-out dribble or crossover. His shooting technique is outstanding with good elevation and the ability to get his shot off quickly. Joe has a range to 22 feet, and he can knock down the midrange pull-up jump shot. Joe's aptitude to pass the basketball in a number of different ways makes him more than just a scorer. However, he has yet to illustrate great athleticism; he needs to enhance his scoring record against quicker defenders. Next spring and summer will be instrumental in determining his college career potential.

Also this, from Wayne Nelson's blog: http://www.areavoices.com/waynenelson/?blog=66835

After Northern Iowa beat UND in men's basketball last Saturday, two UNI assistants drove to Minot to scout Dickinson High School's Joe Hanstad, the 6-foot-3 guard who is drawing a lot of D-I interest. Hanstad scored 22 points in Dickinson's 64-60 win over Minot.

Grizzled
01-11-2010, 09:59 PM
I'd put money on Hanstad to Gonzaga. He wants to go there and they are very, very interested in him. Thats the last word I got.

NDSUstudent
01-17-2010, 03:16 AM
Bjorklund's line from his last game....

26 points, 17 rebounds, and 11 blocks

ndsubison1
01-17-2010, 03:28 AM
11 blocks

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Twentysix
01-20-2010, 07:46 PM
the kids 10 feet tall and playing in hs is 11 blocks that impressive?
If he played the teams we played in HS he would of had 100 blocks a game :P Generally speaking our centers were 6'1-6'3 once in the good ol days we had a center that was 6'6. lol...

DjKyRo
01-20-2010, 07:48 PM
the kids 10 feet tall and playing in hs is 11 blocks that impressive?
If he played the teams we played in HS he would of had 100 blocks a game :P Generally speaking our centers were 6'1-6'3 once in the good ol days we had a center that was 6'6. lol...

The NCAA record is 17 set by Shaq himself. That's 11 opportunities for baskets Bjork took away personally, and any one of those is always a good thing. It shows he's a great physical player and able to control his body while disrupting the opposing offense...can't have enough of that.

I know what you mean about the shell-shock of coming to college - three years ago I was in awe of our 6'6 center at Century, thinking that was insane. Here we are talking 7 feet, and no one can forget the Tower of Power himself, Kenny George - 7'6 for UNC-Greensboro.

Twentysix
01-20-2010, 08:11 PM
The NCAA record is 17 set by Shaq himself. That's 11 opportunities for baskets Bjork took away personally, and any one of those is always a good thing. It shows he's a great physical player and able to control his body while disrupting the opposing offense...can't have enough of that.

I know what you mean about the shell-shock of coming to college - three years ago I was in awe of our 6'6 center at Century, thinking that was insane. Here we are talking 7 feet, and no one can forget the Tower of Power himself, Kenny George - 7'6 for UNC-Greensboro.

Big difference between State-HS level and NCAA basketball. Some of the kids hes blocking are probably 5 foot 2.

For example Most Points by an Individual Player in single game:
135- Danny Heater (Burnsville, West Virginia)

or this one, most steals in one game:
28, Rob Gulley, Rockford (Christian Life) vs. Beloit (Open Bible), WI, Feb. 23, 1988 *(IL state record, probably not the nation one, HS records are terribly difficult to find/aren't recorded.)

would probably never happen in college.

tony
01-22-2010, 05:19 AM
Interesting story about Chim Kadima, a senior with a Bison offer. He's a former top 50 player (6'4 guard) who broke his leg, missed a bunch of ball, hurt his hand, missed some more ball, and is just now getting back into the swing of things.w

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/preps/82325097.html

NDSUstudent
01-22-2010, 05:48 AM
Bjorklund is breaking records....

Marshall Bjorklund broke the Sibley East boys’ basketball career rebounding record at Montgomery on Friday. An “average” scoring night this week will give the 6’-8” senior center another school record.

With 12 rebounds in a Sibley East win at Montgomery last week, Bjorklund now has 1,049 career boards. The previous Sibley East record for rebounds in a career was held by Chad Henke (1,042), a 1998 graduate.

An “average” scoring night against Mayer Lutheran on Thursday will put Bjorklund atop another Sibley East boys basketball list. He currently has 1,503 points. Cory Uecker, a 1993 Sibley East graduate, scored 1,525 points. Bjorklund’s sister Tera holds the Sibley East record with more than 1,800 points.

Bjorklund is averaging 27.6 points per game this season. He also averages more than 16 rebounds and nearly five blocked shots per game.

http://gaylordhub.com/2010/01/21/bjorklund-needs-%E2%80%9Caverage%E2%80%9D-night-to-break-scoring-record/

Bjorklund's line from his last game, pretty average night....25 points, 12 rebounds and five blocked shots.

DjKyRo
01-22-2010, 06:21 AM
Man, landing Kadima at a 2-guard and Harris at the 1 would be about the ultimate game breaker for this class. Imagine those four, plus Felt and Braun, in for four years at State. Wow.

Add to that (possibly) two more years of Freddy, Drew and Eric, one of Tveidt and three from Aaberg and Zastrow, and it's impossible to not be stoked about where this program is headed. Excellent excellent excellent.

rutlandbison
01-22-2010, 02:09 PM
Quick question, what are the chances we land both Harris and Cadima? Also is national signing day for basketball the same as football? I think it is I am just not 100% sure.

NDSUFan_Sav
01-22-2010, 02:20 PM
Quick question, what are the chances we land both Harris and Cadima? Also is national signing day for basketball the same as football? I think it is I am just not 100% sure.

I'm pretty sure they're different and basketball is in April sometime.

BisonAccountant44
01-22-2010, 02:34 PM
I'm pretty sure they're different and basketball is in April sometime.

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/nli/nli

Mr. Burgundy
01-22-2010, 03:00 PM
Chim is very much on the radar. I guess I thought there were two other schools in the mix with offers. Maybe not after reading that article. He would be a great addition. Several ties to the NDSU staff through his brothers. Might be a good fit. He really isn't rushing his decision, as our offer has been there for a LONG time. I would like him, but I personally think there is another kid that has not been discussed on this board that will be our next two guard.

I think our chances are better on Jay Harris. Maybe Chim does decide on NDSU, not sure. I just know that he isn't the only 2 guard we are on.

Civil06
01-22-2010, 03:26 PM
Chim is very much on the radar. I guess I thought there were two other schools in the mix with offers. Maybe not after reading that article. He would be a great addition. Several ties to the NDSU staff through his brothers. Might be a good fit. He really isn't rushing his decision, as our offer has been there for a LONG time. I would like him, but I personally think there is another kid that has not been discussed on this board that will be our next two guard.

I think our chances are better on Jay Harris. Maybe Chim does decide on NDSU, not sure. I just know that he isn't the only 2 guard we are on.

I love it - this stuff teaches me patience. Thanks, Burgandy.

Concerning the Chim article, I read it and think, crap, Gonzaga's in the mix so they'll get him if they want him. I'm hoping Jay Harris takes this years recruiting class from great to amazing, therefore making the team amazing, so that in a few years teams say, crap, NDSU's in the mix and Saul's gonna get him. Patience...

unbison
01-22-2010, 04:26 PM
I have been hearing rumors that Yao Mings cousin.......Zoh Ling.... Is interested in attending NDSU..... he has heard rave reviews of the mathematics program.....o yeah by the way he is 7'4"

tjbison
01-22-2010, 05:38 PM
I have been hearing rumors that Yao Mings cousin.......Zoh Ling.... Is interested in attending NDSU..... he has heard rave reviews of the mathematics program.....o yeah by the way he is 7'4"

you serious clark??

;)

DjKyRo
01-22-2010, 06:50 PM
I love it - this stuff teaches me patience. Thanks, Burgandy.

Concerning the Chim article, I read it and think, crap, Gonzaga's in the mix so they'll get him if they want him. I'm hoping Jay Harris takes this years recruiting class from great to amazing, therefore making the team amazing, so that in a few years teams say, crap, NDSU's in the mix and Saul's gonna get him. Patience...

Hey, it makes no sense for Zags to pick up Chim AND Hanstad. If they offer one we just pick up the other. ;)

Bison bison
01-22-2010, 06:57 PM

I heard it was his other cousin Meow Ling, 8'6" and cat-like reflexes.

DjKyRo
01-22-2010, 07:17 PM
I heard it was his other cousin Meow Ling, 8'6" and cat-like reflexes.

I heard he was 10' 8 and weighted a metric ton!

http://planetwill.jt.org/media/characters/art/braskey.jpg

Tatanka
01-22-2010, 07:18 PM
I heard he was 10' 8 and weighted a metric ton!

http://planetwill.jt.org/media/characters/art/braskey.jpg

One thing's for sure, he's a son-of-a-bitch!

DjKyRo
01-22-2010, 07:32 PM
One thing's for sure, he's a son-of-a-bitch!

Best damn salesman in the office!

ndsubison1
01-22-2010, 07:33 PM
Hey, it makes no sense for Zags to pick up Chim AND Hanstad. If they offer one we just pick up the other. ;)

Hanstad is a junior

DjKyRo
01-22-2010, 07:34 PM
Hanstad is a junior

Dammit Ming, you're supposed to be on my side here. ;)

NDSUFan_Sav
01-22-2010, 11:39 PM
Hanstad is a junior

do we even have a shot with him? didn't think he really wanted to go here.

ndsubison1
01-30-2010, 08:28 PM
Joe Hanstad scored 32 points off of 10-16 shooting in a 56-55 win over Bismarck St. Marys last night. Thursday Hanstad scored 23 on 9-17 shooting to beat Bismarck Century 62-61 and hit the game winning 3.

http://bismarcktribune.com/sports/high-school/article_95cd0ec8-0c97-11df-9e2f-001cc4c03286.html

ndsubison1
01-30-2010, 08:38 PM
do we even have a shot with him? didn't think he really wanted to go here.

Tough to say. He got injured this past summer and was limited quite a bit during AAU ball. A lot of high majors that had some high interest in him started to back off because of it. From what I've heard Washington, Gonzaga, and Washington State are going at him hard and he wants to play in the Pac 10. Who knows though, anything can happen but from what I've heard it sounds like he's gonna end up in the state of Washington. His only known offers right now are NDSU, UND, SDSU and Montana State. But I could see Gonzaga end up offering. I believe they did extend an offer to him but pulled back. My guess is that he ends up like Austin Dufault. NDSU will be in the mix but he ends up elsewhere.

NDSUFan_Sav
01-30-2010, 09:11 PM
Tough to say. He got injured this past summer and was limited quite a bit during AAU ball. A lot of high majors that had some high interest in him started to back off because of it. From what I've heard Washington, Gonzaga, and Washington State are going at him hard and he wants to play in the Pac 10. Who knows though, anything can happen but from what I've heard it sounds like he's gonna end up in the state of Washington. His only known offers right now are NDSU, UND, SDSU and Montana State. But I could see Gonzaga end up offering. I believe they did extend an offer to him but pulled back. My guess is that he ends up like Austin Dufault. NDSU will be in the mix but he ends up elsewhere.

ya that's kind of how i saw it.

NDSUstudent
01-31-2010, 04:12 AM
Bjorklund is a candidate for Mr. Basketball in MN...

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_14290824?source=rss&nclick_check=1

klomp44
02-03-2010, 05:05 AM
Almost nothing of note tonight except North Dakota State in the building to watch Jonah Travis. Tough as a college coach to have to watch this one.

http://tchoops.blogspot.com/2010/02/delasalle-takes-out-mounds-park-academy.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TwinCitiesBoysHoops+%28Twin+C ities+Boys+Hoops%29&utm_content=Google+Reader

summitfever
02-05-2010, 01:58 PM
Bjorklund is a candidate for Mr. Basketball in MN...

I've seen Bjorklund play twice now this season. He is going to be a good player for us down the road. I know it's only been two games that I saw but he has a ways to go as far as footwork goes (probably the case for most incoming big men). He moves pretty well. Has good timing for blocking shots. In one of the games I saw, the other team had a 5'10" kid guard him and had a taller kid sag off his man to help on Bjorklund. I saw Bjorklund get pushed off the block by this 5'10" kid more than I liked to see. Before I get ripped apart for saying this stuff I want to say that I REALLY FEEL HE IS GOING TO BE A GOOD PLAYER FOR US. He had a nice dropstep dunk which got the crowd going.

DjKyRo
02-05-2010, 08:11 PM
I've seen Bjorklund play twice now this season. He is going to be a good player for us down the road. I know it's only been two games that I saw but he has a ways to go as far as footwork goes (probably the case for most incoming big men). He moves pretty well. Has good timing for blocking shots. In one of the games I saw, the other team had a 5'10" kid guard him and had a taller kid sag off his man to help on Bjorklund. I saw Bjorklund get pushed off the block by this 5'10" kid more than I liked to see. Before I get ripped apart for saying this stuff I want to say that I REALLY FEEL HE IS GOING TO BE A GOOD PLAYER FOR US. He had a nice dropstep dunk which got the crowd going.

Thanks for the heads-up - obviously he's got a thing or two to work on in addition to that shoulder surgery that kept him off the radar or he's be going higher up, not too surprising. Although...drop-step dunk, you say? :nod:

silkamilkamonico
02-06-2010, 07:49 PM
Any info out there on what's going on with the other guards SU's looking at? I think it's obvious that Harris is a focal point but I'm hoping they aren't putting all their eggs in his basket.

OnTheFifty
02-11-2010, 12:28 PM
Miles (CSU) offered Jake White last night. 6'7" forward out of Chaska.

NDSU showing interest.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Jake-White-99244

NDSUFan_Sav
02-11-2010, 02:38 PM
Speaking of Jucos are we looking at any out of Wahpeton?

lakesbison
02-11-2010, 04:07 PM
NDSCS

Terry Bembry 6 7 15 and 8
Larry Brown 6 6
Aaron Morris 6 6 15 and 7

all solid players, all sophomores. No one is star worthy. very balanced team this year , 21-6.

DjKyRo
02-15-2010, 12:57 AM
Here's a page that lists Marshall Bjorklund's stats up to this point. Currently averaging 20.3 PPG and 14.9 RPG.

http://www.maxpreps.com/athletes/rN7EdYZa7E-XfwdltUdyGA/basketball-winter-08-09/stats-marshall-bjorklund.htm

(sorry if this is a repost)

Herd
02-15-2010, 01:08 AM
It looks like you've posted last year's stats, unless they've already played the March games this year.. I think this year's stats are more like 25 ppg & 18 Rbs.

It's actually 26.3 ppg, 16.5 rpg, 4.1 bpg . . ..in 2009-2010. Not too shabby.

DjKyRo
02-15-2010, 01:32 AM
It looks like you've posted last year's stats, unless they've already played the March games this year.. I think this year's stats are more like 25 ppg & 18 Rbs.

It's actually 26.3 ppg, 16.5 rpg, 4.1 bpg . . ..in 2009-2010. Not too shabby.

Ah....my bad. Even better!

Kermit
02-15-2010, 01:48 AM
Any info out there on what's going on with the other guards SU's looking at? I think it's obvious that Harris is a focal point but I'm hoping they aren't putting all their eggs in his basket.

The staff is definitely looking at other options at guard. They have every intention of adding at least one to the recruiting class. Harris is the top target right now. The coaches still believe they have a good chance to get him and other options will have to stay on hold a little longer. Other names will likely start to come out, but we all have to realize that in many situations it can be disadvantageous to do your recruiting in the public eye.

ndsubison1
02-15-2010, 05:56 AM
Is there a chance we bring in another guard if we do get Harris?

ndsubison1
02-18-2010, 09:50 PM
I get to watch Hanstad tonight ill update BV on how he looks after the game

Kermit
02-21-2010, 03:29 PM

Here is a different point of view on Bjorklund from Ryan James at MinnesotaPreps.com (Please note that this from the paid subscription part of their site which is part of the Rivals network. It is a great source for recruiting info and I highly recommend it.):

http://minnesotapreps.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1054563

The fans in Gaylord were happy because it had been a strong effort. However, the few guys dressed in NDSU Bison gold and green were a little giddier because there future power forward Marshall Bjorklund was simply dominating.

The super star from Sibley East put up a triple-double scoring on 11 of 14 shots and four of five free throws. He totaled 27 points, 17 rebounds, and 11 blocked shots. The only way to describe this performance was outstanding..

..The numbers are incredible but what's more impressive is how skilled and college ready Bjorklund is. A lot of guys put up numbers with sheer physical ability combined with some skill but Marshall does things that college veterans do..

James goes on in much detail about Bjorklund's great fundamental skills--a reason why some observers have compared his style, if not his talent level, to Kevin Love. In this particular game, Bjorklund was matched up against Yuriy Malashenko of Jordan, a top D2 recruit for Augustana, who I believe received some interest from the Bison.

tjbison
02-21-2010, 04:54 PM
Here is a different point of view on Bjorklund from Ryan James at MinnesotaPreps.com (Please note that this from the paid subscription part of their site which is part of the Rivals network. It is a great source for recruiting info and I highly recommend it.):

http://minnesotapreps.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1054563

James goes on in much detail about Bjorklund's great fundamental skills--a reason why some observers have compared his style, if not his talent level, to Kevin Love. In this particular game, Bjorklund was matched up against Yuriy Malashenko of Jordan, a top D2 recruit for Augustana, who I believe received some interest from the Bison.

I like the caption under the picture:

Marshall Bjorklund is an incredible get for NDSU:nod: :nod:

Mr. Burgundy
02-21-2010, 06:06 PM
Shooting 75.1% from the field. OK.

Mr. Burgundy
02-21-2010, 06:10 PM
Thanks for that article Kermit, there are some terrific quotes in there. The paragraph talking about how he goes after loose balls....impressive. Can't wait to see this kid go to work.

Here is another quote from another article.

There is no question that Marshall is the best player on the floor. He swallows rebounds, blocks shots, and his offensive ability from the high post on down is incredible to watch. Bjorklund's smooth ability to put the ball on the deck and finish with either hand should be video packaged and sent to all young aspiring power forwards because it's something to see.

ndsubison1
02-22-2010, 07:56 AM
I get to watch Hanstad tonight ill update BV on how he looks after the game

I got to watch Joe Hanstad on Thursday. Wasn't his normal explosive game. He scored 16 points on 7-12 shooting. He didn't really touch the ball as much as he's used to as St. Mary's did a very good job on him defensively. They were face guarding him the whole night and whenever he started to drive he was doubled teamed and forced to pass.

But when he was able to score he looked great. Great shooter, such a smooth shot. Can shoot from 3, mid-range and even has some nice moves down low. Great ball handler as well. Needs to bulk up a bit. Best player in the state hands down. That being said, his team is one of the worst in all of Class A. They got destroyed 83-42 and was the only player that could do anything vs. the Saints, despite having a defender in his face all night and being doubled teamed quite a bit.

Tough to say where he will end up. Not playing AAU last summer due to injury really kept some teams away from him. I think he could be a very good player for us if he comes here. I don't think he will end up in a major conference. I could see him playing for Tim Miles at Colorado State or Gonzaga. He's about 6'3-6'4 and if he grows an inch or two more he could be a very dangerous player. He can play the 2 or 3 and reminds me a little of a mix between Mike Nelson/Brett Winkelman. He can shoot and drive like Nelly, but also rebound and play in the post a little like Winks. I hope he ends up with us because he has amazing potential and would be our biggest steal since Ben Woodside.

unbison
02-22-2010, 09:50 AM
I would guess Nelson had this ability in high school as well. The biggest steal on our radar is JAY HARRIS really just my ri tard opinion

dont get to wound up ming i am just a very average semi proffesional sports blogger

Kermit
02-22-2010, 02:27 PM
I got to watch Joe Hanstad on Thursday. Wasn't his normal explosive game. He scored 16 points on 7-12 shooting. He didn't really touch the ball as much as he's used to as St. Mary's did a very good job on him defensively. They were face guarding him the whole night and whenever he started to drive he was doubled teamed and forced to pass.

But when he was able to score he looked great. Great shooter, such a smooth shot. Can shoot from 3, mid-range and even has some nice moves down low. Great ball handler as well. Needs to bulk up a bit. Best player in the state hands down. That being said, his team is one of the worst in all of Class A. They got destroyed 83-42 and was the only player that could do anything vs. the Saints, despite having a defender in his face all night and being doubled teamed quite a bit.

Tough to say where he will end up. Not playing AAU last summer due to injury really kept some teams away from him. I think he could be a very good player for us if he comes here. I don't think he will end up in a major conference. I could see him playing for Tim Miles at Colorado State or Gonzaga. He's about 6'3-6'4 and if he grows an inch or two more he could be a very dangerous player. He can play the 2 or 3 and reminds me a little of a mix between Mike Nelson/Brett Winkelman. He can shoot and drive like Nelly, but also rebound and play in the post a little like Winks. I hope he ends up with us because he has amazing potential and would be our biggest steal since Ben Woodside.

ming01, thanks for your report!

I suspect that you are right about the negative imapact of Hanstad's inability to play AAU last summer on his recruiting and possibly his development. Remember that Winks was 6'6" and very strong (eventually). I doubt that Hanstad will realistically be a 3 in Division I. He is likely a 2.

Hanstad is apparently a very skilled basketball player. My question is how athletic is he? Can he defend DI athletes? Have you heard that Miles is recruiting him, or is that speculation?

JacksFan06
02-22-2010, 02:34 PM
Does NDSU still have 2 schollies to fill for 2010 or just 1?

Kermit
02-22-2010, 02:43 PM
Nobody watches more Minnesota HS hoops than Ryan James. This is from a recent post on another forum:

http://minnesotapreps.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?highlight=Bjorklund&sid=921&fid=553&tid=139619338&mid=139619338

Also, Marshall Bjorklund with another outstanding performance. I've seen him four times this year and I am willing to say that when it comes to pure low post players I consider him the best in state from what I've seen this year. Other bigs may be better at other things and that's true but man does this guy have a lot to work with. His first move is so quick, he can go both directions and finish with either hand, he's strong, his spin is very quick, and it's just a very polished low post game. We have a lot of guys in this state with size who if they reach their potential may really become something some day but as of right now Marshall has to be the best player on the block that I've seen.

Marshall's season stats are here: http://www.maxpreps.com/athletes/PzsSC4KFCU25MFp6D-zteg/basketball-winter-09-10/stats-marshall-bjorklund.htm

26.8 ppg, 16.1 rpg, and 75% from the field! I don't think I've ever heard of anyone shooting 75% from the field over a span of 18 games. Wow!

Kermit
02-22-2010, 02:50 PM
Does NDSU still have 2 schollies to fill for 2010 or just 1?

2 scholarships are available for next season. The Bison lose Flowers, Pennick, Sussenguth, and Vaughn. Marshall Bjorklund and Trayvonn Wright have signed LOIs.

Anticipated scholarship players for 2010-11:

1. Michael Tveidt (Sr)
2. Freddy Coleman (Sr? may apply for a medical hardship year)
3. Eric Carlson (Jr)
4. Drew Lundberg (Jr)
5. Andy Nagel (So)
6. Jordan Aaberg (So)
7. Nate Zastrow (So)
8. Mike Felt (RFr assuming a medical hardship is granted)
9. Taylor Braun (RFr)
10. Marshall Bjorklund (Fr)
11. Trayvonn Wright (Fr)
12. -open-
13. -open-

X-Factor
02-22-2010, 06:10 PM
75% from the field! I don't think I've ever heard of anyone shooting 75% from the field over a span of 18 games. Wow!

This is the sign of someone who is vastly stronger that the guys that are defending him.

It will be different in college, but I also assume Marshall will get on the high calorie diets and heavy weight training when he gets on campus.

Facts
02-22-2010, 06:41 PM
2 scholarships are available for next season. The Bison lose Flowers, Pennick, Sussenguth, and Vaughn. Marshall Bjorklund and Trayvonn Wright have signed LOIs.

Anticipated scholarship players for 2010-11:

1. Michael Tveidt (Sr)
2. Freddy Coleman (Sr? may apply for a medical hardship year)
3. Eric Carlson (Jr)
4. Drew Lundberg (Jr)
5. Andy Nagel (So)
6. Jordan Aaberg (So)
7. Nate Zastrow (So)
8. Mike Felt (RFr assuming a medical hardship is granted)
9. Taylor Braun (RFr)
10. Marshall Bjorklund (Fr)
11. Trayvonn Wright (Fr)
12. -open-
13. -open-

Will Marcus Williams play?? If so, how does that schollie work with him already playing football??

unbison
02-22-2010, 07:13 PM
Will Marcus Williams play?? If so, how does that schollie work with him already playing football??

will be considered a walk on

Kermit
02-22-2010, 07:19 PM

unbison is correct. The NCAA has a ranked list of the various sports. When an athlete competes in more than one sport, a scholarship is charged to the sport that is highest on the NCAA list. For males, football is at the top so a scholarship athlete who competes in football and any other sport will be considered to be on a football scholarship.

NDSU ran into one of the implications of this a couple of years ago with Zach Wentz. Wentz was originally going to be a preferred walk-on QB with the football team, but then he was given a baseball scholarship. If he had accepted the scholarship and played football he would've been considered on a football scholarship.

unbison
02-22-2010, 07:27 PM
sorry for mentioning the gophers but they have a slot reciever playing some point gaurd for them right now........ so there is time to play both.....

Kermit
02-22-2010, 07:43 PM
sorry for mentioning the gophers but they have a slot reciever playing some point gaurd for them right now........ so there is time to play both.....

Marcus Williams will be joined in the fall by a second Bison football player who reportedly had been offered a basketball scholarship by NDSU--Zach Vraa. Unlike Williams, I haven't heard any rumblings of Vraa trying to play 2 sports in college.

ndsubison1
02-22-2010, 08:29 PM
I would guess Nelson had this ability in high school as well. The biggest steal on our radar is JAY HARRIS really just my ri tard opinion

dont get to wound up ming i am just a very average semi proffesional sports blogger

lol. Yeah I would say Jay Harris would be 2nd if we get him too

ndsubison1
02-22-2010, 08:38 PM
ming01, thanks for your report!

I suspect that you are right about the negative imapact of Hanstad's inability to play AAU last summer on his recruiting and possibly his development. Remember that Winks was 6'6" and very strong (eventually). I doubt that Hanstad will realistically be a 3 in Division I. He is likely a 2.

Hanstad is apparently a very skilled basketball player. My question is how athletic is he? Can he defend DI athletes? Have you heard that Miles is recruiting him, or is that speculation?

2 seems more accurate. I think if he grows a bit and gets stronger he could potentially play the 3. I think a good comparison for Hanstad would be Matt Bouldin out of Gonzaga. He's not extremely athletic, but athletic. More athletic than anybody we have on our team now (Other than maybe Coleman), but he would be a step up. As for defensively, tough to say as he isn't going against the best competition. I think he is capable of defending in the Summit, he is athletic enough. But that's something that remains to be seen.

As for Tim Miles and Colorado State, it is mostly speculation. Although I've heard CSU is at least "interested" in him. That's all I know.

lakesbison
02-23-2010, 05:48 PM
Joe Terfehr 6 7 from Breckenridge had 31 points 14 reb vs top ranked staples friday night, I saw this kid dominate. he's averaging over 20 points 10 rebounds. He'll probably end up D2, but could be a good development player.

there's still 2-3 good players in the cities without commits. plus, crockett/zach vraa are playing great as well.

Kermit
02-23-2010, 07:01 PM
Joe Terfehr 6 7 from Breckenridge had 31 points 14 reb vs top ranked staples friday night, I saw this kid dominate. he's averaging over 20 points 10 rebounds. He'll probably end up D2, but could be a good development player.

there's still 2-3 good players in the cities without commits. plus, crockett/zach vraa are playing great as well.

There is an article about Tefehr in the Forum today:
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/270032/

The article says he is 6'5". Sounds like a versatile, skilled kid. I've wanted to see him this year, but haven't had the chance.

lakesbison
02-23-2010, 09:56 PM
Twin Cities Boys Hoops: 2009 Howard Pulley Sabes Invitational Preview

ECI will bring in Breckenridge's 6'7 Joe Terfehr. He missed the Comets tournament so I'm looking forward to seeing him. tchoops.blogspot.com/.../2009-howard-pulley-sabes-invitational.html - Cached - Similar

ECI Basketball 24, F, 6'5, 12, Finley-Sharon Hope-Page. Joe Terfehr, 5, F, 6'7", 12, Breckenridge (MN). Grant Lindahl, 34, F, 6'7", 11, North Star ...
www.eciyouth.org/Pages/Teams/Boys/East%2017s.html

I see 6'7" all over and forum isn't known for its accurate reporting.

DjKyRo
02-23-2010, 10:08 PM
There is an article about Tefehr in the Forum today:
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/270032/

The article says he is 6'5". Sounds like a versatile, skilled kid. I've wanted to see him this year, but haven't had the chance.

For those of us who know absolutely nothing about Minnesota's HS conference rankings (in other words, just me), where does his conference land in the scheme of things? Is he a sort of Jordan-Aaberg-small-town-competition type?

lakesbison
02-24-2010, 12:55 AM
Breckenridge is a step up from Rothsay. actually they play in a section with Staples #8 in state & Morris #1 and New London #10.
they also play in a conference with Perham, Hawley and Pelican Rapids which are great teams.

Terfehr would be great for NDSU I think as a redshirt.

lakesbison
02-24-2010, 03:30 AM
Joe Terfehr Breckenridge 31 points AGAIN tonight vs DGF in a win.

Im telling you, this kid could play here after 1 year redshirt. Richie has sure of seen him play down in his backyard you'd think.

ndsubison1
02-24-2010, 08:16 AM
I'd rather go after kids from the cities ;)

unbison
02-24-2010, 12:48 PM
Not sure why lakes is pumping up this concordia talent

Kermit
02-24-2010, 02:19 PM

I see what you did there. ;)

bisonhusker
02-24-2010, 04:01 PM
He appears to me as the typical "Walk on at NDSU and full ride at UND type talent."

Hammersmith
02-25-2010, 12:28 AM
A couple people have asked for a spreadsheet of scholarships like the Gonzaga guys have. Is this what you're looking for, and can you all suggest improvements? I'd like to be more specific in the positions. And what's the consensus on Wright red-shirting? I blocked out five years, but that was just to play it safe. I'm also assuming Coleman and Felt both get medical red-shirts.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o117/Hammersmith52/MBBScholarshipTable.jpg

ndsubison1
02-25-2010, 12:49 AM
It looks like Wright will redshirt from what I understand

NDSUstudent
03-01-2010, 12:58 AM
Bjorklund's line in Sibley East's 69-67 win over Holy Family...

28 points, 26 rebounds, 7 assists, and 7 blocks

http://www.nujournal.com/page/content.detail/id/512127.html?nav=5013

DjKyRo
03-01-2010, 01:04 AM

:eeek: :eeek::eeek: :eeek::eeek: :eeek::eeek: :eeek:
:eeek: :eeek::eeek: :eeek::eeek: :eeek::eeek: :eeek:

...yes!

Kermit
03-01-2010, 01:26 AM

I am pencilling Bjorklund in as a starter next year..

unbison
03-01-2010, 01:28 AM
I will write it with crayola in a big chief tablet so everyone can understand

DjKyRo
03-01-2010, 01:37 AM
Random note that might mean nothing but ESPN Recruiting no longer lists that PG from Connecticut or wherever as on NDSU's interest list.

ESPN recruiting, on less-notable players especially, is shaky at best so take that for what it's worth. Also, they have Mike Rostampur listed as an 83 and Trayvonn Wright at an 87 (mid-major contributor/starter!).

EDIT: Danny Lawhorn. Verbally committed to Fordham Rams. http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/tracker/school?schoolId=2230&page=briefingroom&season=2010&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncb %2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fschool%3fschoolId%3d2230 %26page%3dbriefingroom%26season%3d2010

NDSUFan_Sav
03-01-2010, 02:21 AM

WHAAAAAAAAAAAT???????

HOLY can he leave high school now and come to play for us in the Summit Tourney???

ndsubison1
03-01-2010, 02:31 AM

My oh My!!

silkamilkamonico
03-01-2010, 08:37 PM
I am pencilling Bjorklund in as a starter next year..

I'm hyped up for Bjorklund as well, but if he's starting, that could possibly mean Aaberg or Carlson has taken a major step back in their development. I can kind of see that with Aaberg at this point.

ndsubison1
03-01-2010, 08:41 PM
5. Aaberg 4. Bjorklund 3. Carlson 2. Tveidt 1. Zastrow --starting line up for next year

silkamilkamonico
03-01-2010, 08:50 PM
5. Aaberg 4. Bjorklund 3. Carlson 2. Tveidt 1. Zastrow --starting line up for next year

Really not sure about Carlson at the 3. From what I've seen he likes to play under the hoop, and isn't much of a perimeter player at all. JMHO.

OnTheFifty
03-01-2010, 08:56 PM
Six-foot-7 forward Ross Travis from Chaska, Minn.

Col. State has been at his games recently.

Travis has also visited Minnesota three times, Wisconsin twice, Santa Clara and Stanford. He is also trying to get to Oregon State. Travis holds scholarship offers from Santa Clara, Iowa State, Northern Iowa, Oregon State, North Dakota State and Rice.

ndsubison1
03-01-2010, 08:59 PM
Really not sure about Carlson at the 3. From what I've seen he likes to play under the hoop, and isn't much of a perimeter player at all. JMHO.

That's where this off season will be huge for everyone. Carlson must add a consistent jump shot. We'll see though.

X-Factor
03-01-2010, 10:51 PM
I highly doubt you will see any sort of a starting lineup that does not include Coleman. One look at the team this year is all it takes to understand that we have basically NO athleticism. Coleman brings that to the table. He is the only guard we have that can create his own shot.

PG - Z
SG - Coleman
SF - Tveidt
PF - Carlson
C - Aaberg

Maybe Bjorklund starts over Aaberg, who knows. They need to do a lot of ballin before that is decided.

Jdubs21
03-02-2010, 12:28 AM
I highly doubt you will see any sort of a starting lineup that does not include Coleman. One look at the team this year is all it takes to understand that we have basically NO athleticism. Coleman brings that to the table. He is the only guard we have that can create his own shot.

PG - Z
SG - Coleman
SF - Tveidt
PF - Carlson
C - Aaberg

Maybe Bjorklund starts over Aaberg, who knows. They need to do a lot of ballin before that is decided.

Amen!!! if freddy was playing this year we woulda been an above .500 team...chalk up 6+ wins on our record

AEBison1998
03-02-2010, 02:17 AM
Freddy's injury is a nasty one from what I've heard. What are the chances he comes back 100% next year?

80% is a whole different animal.

Mr. Burgundy
03-02-2010, 02:58 AM
Freddy's injury is a nasty one from what I've heard. What are the chances he comes back 100% next year?

80% is a whole different animal.

Nobody knows, but he is ahead of schedule. Physical beast. He recovers very well. I agree though, when you have an athlete like him, you need him back to 100%. Good news is he has 6 months until August.

NDSUFan_Sav
03-02-2010, 03:42 AM
Nobody knows, but he is ahead of schedule. Physical beast. He recovers very well. I agree though, when you have an athlete like him, you need him back to 100%. Good news is he has 6 months until August.

he's hitting the weights hard, and is starting to do more things.

NDSUstudent
03-08-2010, 04:26 AM
Saul...find a guard, find a guard, find a guard.

Of course he knows that, but if there are any guards that are athletic, can score and play some defense out there lurking. There is an opportunity for you at NDSU, perhaps even a chance to make an impact early.

unbison
03-08-2010, 11:31 AM
Saul...find a guard, find a guard, find a guard.

Of course he knows that, but if there are any guards that are athletic, can score and play some defense out there lurking. There is an opportunity for you at NDSU, perhaps even a chance to make an impact early.
If he is athletic and can score.....we will take him..........saul can teach him how to play defense......woody was awesome offensively.....defensivly ????????

NDSUstudent
03-08-2010, 03:11 PM
If he is athletic and can score.....we will take him..........saul can teach him how to play defense......woody was awesome offensively.....defensivly ????????

You're right, Saul can teach the defense, just give me a guard that is athletic and can score.

NDSUstudent
03-08-2010, 06:22 PM
http://l.yimg.com/a/p/sp/r/65/6506ce4ee4d09e7a1a2f58be02910b88/189896.jpg

Alexander has offers from North Dakota and North Dakota State. Northern Iowa and Iowa State are also giving him a hard look. He attended the Panthers’ game with Old Dominion last month. Alexander is averaging 18.9 points for an Iowa Central team that is 22-9.

http://blogs.desmoinesregister.com/dmr/index.php/2010/03/01/another-point-guard/

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Kurt-Alexander-108298

Kermit
03-09-2010, 03:31 PM
http://l.yimg.com/a/p/sp/r/65/6506ce4ee4d09e7a1a2f58be02910b88/189896.jpg

http://blogs.desmoinesregister.com/dmr/index.php/2010/03/01/another-point-guard/

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Kurt-Alexander-108298

It appears that Iowa is serious about Kurt Alexander:
http://gazetteonline.com/blogs/docs-office/2010/03/07/anthony-tucker-for-kurt-alexander

Most people around Iowa really like Iowa Central guard Kurt Alexander, and he’s the favorite to replace Tucker on scholarship. Iowa Coach Todd Lickliter and assistant coach LaVall Jordan watched him play two weeks ago against Kirkwood. Iowa assistant coach Chad Walthall also watched Alexander play a few weeks ago in Boone.

DjKyRo
03-09-2010, 04:08 PM
http://gazetteonline.com/blogs/docs-office/2010/03/07/anthony-tucker-for-kurt-alexander

As Football's motto goes, "Bring on the competition!"

Hope I don't regret saying that...

fbmind
03-10-2010, 12:55 AM
Here's some video of Mr. Alexander.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekRCq7F8Is0

NDSUstudent
03-10-2010, 06:43 PM
Marshall Bjorklund was named First Team All-Metro by GoldenSports.Net

First Team All-Metro
Kevin Noreen Minnesota Transitions
Jacob Thomas Columbia Heights
Joe Coleman Hopkins
Marshall Bjorklund Sibley East
Shelby Moats Waconia

Marshall Bjorklund is averaging 25.3 points, 15.4 rebounds and 4.4 blocked shots per game. The North Dakota State signee had double figure scoring and rebounding efforts in every game but the season finale. He led the Wolverines to a 19-4 mark and they open Class AA playoff action against Rockford.

http://minnesota.scout.com/2/952372.html

NDSUstudent
03-10-2010, 06:47 PM
TrayVonn Wright is named Mississippi Division Athlete of the Year

Waterloo West's TrayVonn Wright was honored as the Mississippi Division Athlete of the Year Wednesday as the Mississippi Valley Conference all-conference boys' basketball teams were announced.

A 6-foot, 7-inch senior, Wright averaged a double-double for the season with 14.1 points and 10.6 rebounds per game. On defense, the North Dakota State recruit led the MVC with 59 blocked shots, and his 38 steals were the most by a Wahawk.

"I just think (Wright) really became a leader for us this year - he took over that role," said Wahawk coach Justin Little. "His work ethic is great. The coaches at North Dakota State are getting a really good player for their future."

http://www.wcfcourier.com/sports/high-school/west_high_wahawks/article_adb47e42-278e-11df-81d4-001cc4c002e0.html

Kermit
03-10-2010, 07:05 PM

http://www.wcfcourier.com/sports/high-school/west_high_wahawks/article_adb47e42-278e-11df-81d4-001cc4c002e0.html

Love it! Thanks for the post.

IzzyFlexion
03-10-2010, 09:58 PM
Marshall Bjorklund was named First Team All-Metro by GoldenSports.Net

First Team All-Metro
Kevin Noreen Minnesota Transitions
Jacob Thomas Columbia Heights
Joe Coleman Hopkins
Marshall Bjorklund Sibley East
Shelby Moats Waconia

http://minnesota.scout.com/2/952372.html

Fabulous..............and..............Fabulous!

Bryan
03-10-2010, 11:08 PM
Minnesota Mr. Basketball Final five announced today

Marshall Bjorklund of Sibley East
Trevor Gruis of Ellsworth
Kevin Noreen of Minnesota Transitions
Dyami Starks of Duluth East
Jacob Thomas of Columbia Heights

One of the overall weaker classes in MN in some time, Noreen is the heavy favorite with his 39 pts a game, his strong play against some of the better teams will offset the criticism for the really weak teams they play. Bjorklund faces some of the same competition questions but should come in second with his very strong year. Starks is a great scorer and a realy smart kid going Ivy League but being in duluth will hurt him, Thomas may be the most talented senior and would of went to MN had he had the grades, but instead signed with Dan Monson and Long Beach but most likely will go to juco. Grius is a throw in for southern rural MN and has zero chance.

DIBISON
03-11-2010, 01:05 AM
Saul was just on PTS with Scotty Miller. A few recruiting comments.

Bjorklund ready to play right now. May not be able to redshirt Wright because he is that good.

Two scholarships left.

One scholarship for a point or combo guard that must be athletic, be able to get to the rim, and be a difference maker for next year. Scotty asked how confident he was in being able to get that type of recruit and Saul replied that it was his job to land a difference maker and that it would happen.

The final scholarship for a high school senior that would be redshirted or the scholarship would be held for next year's recruiting class.

DjKyRo
03-11-2010, 04:04 AM
Thanks for the heads-up DI! Glad to hear Wright and Bjorklund are both good enough to contribute right away, I think debating whether or not to redshirt is a great problem to have. I trust Saul implicitly and am sure that whatever he decides as far as recruiting or what to do with the last scholly will be the right choice.

NDSUstudent
03-11-2010, 08:36 PM

Sounds like Iowa's coach is done...which could affect Alexander's recruitment...

Inside sources tell KCJJ that UI will likely officially cite "health reasons" for Lickliter's resignation

http://twitter.com/KCJJ

NDSUFan_Sav
03-12-2010, 02:44 AM
Marshall Bjorklund!

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs419.snc3/25247_356066749914_624269914_3643999_8330572_n.jpg

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs419.snc3/25247_356066794914_624269914_3644002_586274_n.jpg

DjKyRo
03-12-2010, 03:01 AM
Man, he's making those high-schoolers look like.....high-schoolers.

I almost didn't recognize him with hair. Nice wingspan!

Herd
03-14-2010, 03:54 PM
Bjorklund's season almost ended last night. He sat out most of the 2nd half of the game in foul trouble, then fouled out with 6 minutes to go, with Sibley down by 3. His teammates pulled it out in OT by 1 to live another day.

Sibley plays Mayer Lutheran on Tuesday . . . 2 of Sibley East's 4 losses came to Mayer Lutheran. 2 more wins needed for a state tournament berth.

NDSUFan_Sav
03-14-2010, 07:37 PM
Bjorklund's season almost ended last night. He sat out most of the 2nd half of the game in foul trouble, then fouled out with 6 minutes to go, with Sibley down by 3. His teammates pulled it out in OT by 1 to live another day.

Sibley plays Mayer Lutheran on Tuesday . . . 2 of Sibley East's 4 losses came to Mayer Lutheran. 2 more wins needed for a state tournament berth.

best of luck to Sibley East and Bjorklund on Tuesday!

Jdubs21
03-15-2010, 12:05 AM
good luck marshall!

IzzyFlexion
03-15-2010, 02:13 AM
Copyright dibs on future Bison Basketball signage and/or shirts..........
"The Bison Have Declared MARSHALL Law!"

DjKyRo
03-15-2010, 04:52 PM
Sounds like Iowa's coach is done...which could affect Alexander's recruitment...

http://twitter.com/KCJJ

If by "health reasons" they mean "we suck" then I dig it. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4997052

This only helps us, we need to inject some experience into this team which will, potentially have 8-10 underclassmen playing a significant chunk of those 200 minutes. A guard is a must for this signing class, but an experienced one is even better (speaking on the Iowa JUCO, of course).

DjKyRo
03-15-2010, 04:53 PM
Copyright dibs on future Bison Basketball signage and/or shirts..........
"The Bison Have Declared MARSHALL Law!"

Or how about

"Welcome to BJORK-land!"

...:confused:

tcbison
03-15-2010, 07:05 PM
Or in my best Chris Berman voice "Marshall, Marshall, Marshall"

tcbison
03-16-2010, 09:04 PM
Kolpack tweeted this: Working on a possible Bison men's basketball verbal.

Anyone have the inside scoop?

RedRiver
03-16-2010, 09:26 PM
Alexander from Iowa JC.

Kermit
03-16-2010, 09:44 PM
Alexander from Iowa JC.

Thread here: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19411

westnodak93bison
03-16-2010, 09:47 PM
Can somebody post some hs tourney results from next year's recruits?

Kermit
03-16-2010, 10:08 PM
Trayvonn Wright is a first-team all-stater in Iowa's top class (4A). He joins Harrison Barnes, among others, as selections:

http://www.wcfcourier.com/sports/high-school/article_58d4a018-30f9-11df-86b1-001cc4c002e0.html

Kermit
03-16-2010, 10:11 PM
Can somebody post some hs tourney results from next year's recruits?

I think Marshall Bjorklund's post-season results so far have been posted earlier in this thread.

Trayvonn Wright's Waterloo West team got knocked out early in the playoffs by rival Waterloo East in a one point game, but not because of Trayvonn.

http://www.wcfcourier.com/sports/high-school/east_high_trojans/article_ae61d478-202e-11df-9e33-001cc4c03286.html

West standout and North Dakota State recruit TrayVonn Wright put up huge numbers in his final game at Siddens Gymnasium with a game-high 19 points, 18 rebounds and five blocked shots.

tony
03-16-2010, 10:16 PM
I think Marshall Bjorklund's post-season results so far have been posted earlier in this thread.

Trayvonn Wright's Waterloo West team got knocked out early in the playoffs by rival Waterloo East in a one point game, but not because of Trayvonn.

http://www.wcfcourier.com/sports/high-school/east_high_trojans/article_ae61d478-202e-11df-9e33-001cc4c03286.html

19 points, 18 rebounds and five blocked shots. Nice effort.

NDSUFan_Sav
03-17-2010, 12:10 AM
The future looks bright, we're getting type of players we've never seen at NDSU....I'm ready for Sioux Falls again!

Kermit
03-17-2010, 12:34 AM
The question is, is
Sioux Falls ready for Sav!

ndsubison1
03-17-2010, 01:59 AM
The future looks bright, we're getting type of players we've never seen at NDSU....I'm ready for Sioux Falls again!

I dont think the Jacks fans are either. They seem to talk about us quite a bit hahahaha

NDSUFan_Sav
03-17-2010, 02:03 AM
The question is, is
Sioux Falls ready for Sav!

I think our group will have our own beer stand.

Tatanka
03-17-2010, 02:10 AM

You would think they would learn after two years. Then again, they are kind of slow learners down south there.

Herd
03-17-2010, 02:38 AM
Bjorklund goes for 25, the Sibley gets the W against Mayer Lutheran by 2. One win away from the State tournament. They play friday night at St. Cloud State for the Section Championship vs. Maple Lake/Foley winner.

tjbison
03-17-2010, 02:45 AM

well if you check out bunnyturdville there is a thread on there about how you guys are not true fans because you drink beer, guess some of theose overly drunken rude SOB bunny fans in the Dome 2 yrs ago are forgotten already

http://sdsufans.com/board/showpost.php?p=149140&postcount=27

HandoEX
03-17-2010, 03:09 AM
Bjorklund goes for 25, the Sibley gets the W against Mayer Lutheran by 2. One win away from the State tournament. They play friday night at St. Cloud State for the Section Championship vs. Maple Lake/Foley winner.

Nice win Bjorklund! Good luck getting to state!

NDSUFan_Sav
03-17-2010, 03:16 AM
well if you check out bunnyturdville there is a thread on there about how you guys are not true fans because you drink beer, guess some of theose overly drunken rude SOB bunny fans in the Dome 2 yrs ago are forgotten already

http://sdsufans.com/board/showpost.php?p=149140&postcount=27

yeah i've seen it already and I laugh at it, they're obv jealous they can't drink beer like water, because they keep talking about it :D

NDSUstudent
03-17-2010, 06:56 AM
Not only did Bjorklund have a game-high 24 points but he made the play to clinch the win...

• SECTION 5: Senior forward Marshall Bjorklund stole the ball on Sibley East's full-court press, and drove the length of the court for a game-winning layup with eight seconds remaining, lifting the Wolverines over Mayer Lutheran 57-55 in the semifinals. The Crusaders failed to get a shot off in the closing seconds. Bjorklund finished with a game-high 24 points.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/preps/87992322.html?elr=KArks:DCiUHc3E7_V_nDaycUiD3aPc:_ Yyc:aUUr

tony
03-17-2010, 02:59 PM
Not only did Bjorklund have a game-high 24 points but he made the play to clinch the win...

http://www.startribune.com/sports/preps/87992322.html?elr=KArks:DCiUHc3E7_V_nDaycUiD3aPc:_ Yyc:aUUr

Man, he only went 10 for 11 from the field.

NDSUstudent
03-20-2010, 05:42 AM
Bjorklund leads Sibley East to State...

It came at Foley senior Erik Oines and his teammates early on and from all directions in a 76-57 loss to Sibley East in the Section 5-2A championship game Friday night at Halenbeck Hall.

It came from the inside where 6-foot-7 North Dakota State recruit Marshall Bjorklund poured in 30 points, including three thundering dunks.

And it came from the outside, where the Wolverines finished 8-for-19 from 3-point range, including a 7-for-13 performance from beyond the arc in the first half.

http://www.sctimes.com/article/20100320/SPORTS03/103200025/1002/SPORTS/Falcons-falter-in-final-flight

Marshall was 13 of 14 from the field for 30 points and he hauled in 17 boards.

DjKyRo
03-20-2010, 06:07 AM
Marshall was 13 of 14 from the field for 30 points and he hauled in 17 boards.

So in other words, just another night. :nod:

Love what this guy is bringing to the team! Good luck Marshall!

ndsubison1
03-20-2010, 07:52 AM
Marshall Marshall Marshall

IzzyFlexion
03-20-2010, 12:56 PM
Marshall Marshall Marshall

http://bp3.blogger.com/_fI6W1xMiuMc/R4y783_qPaI/AAAAAAAAACM/ZupDw-DYJzo/s200/jan_brady.jpg

silkamilkamonico
03-21-2010, 02:53 AM
So in other words, just another night. :nod:

Love what this guy is bringing to the team! Good luck Marshall!

Just another night against some tough high school competition.

Well done Marshall!!

NDSUstudent
03-21-2010, 07:35 AM
Here is a solid article about Marshall from the Mankato Free Press...

He’ll also be playing Division I basketball at North Dakota State, where he’ll be studying agriculture. He’s attended summer camps at Fargo, N.D., and he was inspired by the Bison’s appearance in the NCAA tournament last season, even though he

couldn’t get a ticket to go to Minneapolis to watch that game.

“I just fell in love (with NDSU),” he said.

He’s been working on a jump shot because he’ll likely be a power forward at NDSU. In high school, he hasn’t had to shoot from the perimeter, usually taking the ball hard to the basket.

“I don’t have the words to describe how he’s developed,” Warzecha said. “He’s averaged a double-double the last three seasons, but the best thing abut him is his character, his work ethic and his humility. His goals are team goals.

http://mankatofreepress.com/sports/x1112100920/Bjorklund-develops-into-inside-force-for-Sibley-East

DjKyRo
03-21-2010, 09:15 AM
So a couple of guys who might still be good fits with our desire to fill up the last schollie (assuming we're not sitting on it), Chim Kadima and DJ Peterson. Anyone have any idea what the story on those two or any others is/are? Seems like it's been a while since either were mentioned.

To answer my own query:

DJ Peterson (Hopkins HS, Minneapolis MN):

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-D.J.-Peterson-86672

Offers from Baylor, Wiscon-GB, NDSU, Northern Iowa, Portland State, Richmond, and San Diego. Interest from Eastern Kentucky and Santa Clara. Dayum. ESPN has him ranked at an 89 and the #61 SG.

Is he still on the coaches' radar, is he a legit get, any ideas?

Chim Kadima (Lutheran HS, Milwaukee WS):

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Chim-Kadima-79319

Offers from Wisconsin-GB, Loyola (IL), Wisconsin-Mil, and NDSU. Interest from Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Marquette and Boston College. Could be extremely outdated, otherwise he's listed at an 86 and the #93 SG nationally.

As already mentioned the only other offerree is Jay Harris who, of course, is almost certainly moving on. Anyone have a solid lead on how much the coaches want to sit on that last schollie, or how good is it looking with Davis (whom I can't find profiles on anywhere?)? Anything I missed?

lakesbison
03-21-2010, 05:50 PM
DJ and Marcus Williams were on the same team last year at hopkins along with royce white. kid can play, would LOVE to see him at NDSU, but with kurt alexander getting added, I think DJ would be a similiar player to him

EndZoneQB
03-21-2010, 08:50 PM
Here is a solid article about Marshall from the Mankato Free Press...

http://mankatofreepress.com/sports/x1112100920/Bjorklund-develops-into-inside-force-for-Sibley-East

Two things about that article. Love the quote, "I just fell in love with NDSU". That's the right kind of kid we want here as he wants to be here as much as we want him. Second thing, stating he couldn't get a ticket is kind of a cool thing. That has to show him(and others) that there is tremendous support for the university. Pretty cool article.

Kermit
03-22-2010, 10:56 PM
Anyone have a solid lead on how much the coaches want to sit on that last schollie, or how good is it looking with Davis (whom I can't find profiles on anywhere?)? Anything I missed?

If Derrick Davis is willing to commit, he will be a Bison. Last I heard he was going to visit the University of Chicago (he is an outstanding student) and figure out how much it would cost him to go to school there with a financial aid package. If that doesn't work out, we have a great shot.

Davis hasn't been profiled on the big recruiting sites, but here are a couple of good articles about him:

http://highschoolsports.mlive.com/news/article/2637178683052556802/bridgeports-derrick-davis-earns-mcdonalds-all-america-basketball-team-nomination/

bisonhusker
03-23-2010, 04:07 PM
I love those articles. Saul continues to search for great athletes with high character. He has been my choice at the two for months! Good Luck Saul.

Kermit
03-27-2010, 10:51 PM
so tell me more about this Derrick Davis

Derrick Davis named first team Class B All-State in Michigan.

http://www.mlive.com/sports/bay-city/index.ssf/2010/03/ray_mccallum_named_class_b_pla.html

Davis is the epitome of a student-athlete. He scored a 30 on his ACT test and averaged 19.3 points and 7.2 rebounds for Bridgeport.

Mr. Burgundy
03-27-2010, 11:08 PM
Any questions we are absolutely in the right livingrooms? Our staff can identify talent. Now build this damn arena and let the coaches sign these kids!!!

Kermit
03-29-2010, 01:57 AM
I DVR'd and watched back a bunch of the semifinal/final games from this week's Minnesota state high school tournament. I noticed a few juniors (Class of 2011) who, to my amateur eye, might look good in a Bison uniform some day.

Caveat: I have no idea if NDSU is interested in these kids or not.

1. Marvin Singleton, 6'5" F, Hopkins. Team won the 4A championship. A physical beast with great hands and ability to finish around the basket. I am surprised that I can't find anything to indicate he has an scholarship offers, yet.

ESPN profile (http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=77695&season=2011)

2. Estan Tyler, 6'1" G, St. Paul Johnson. Team won the 3A championship. Very athletic kid who can defend and distribute. Streaky good 3-point shooter. Apparently already has an offer from UNI and interest from high major schools, so he may be a real tough get.

ESPN profile (http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=107855&season=2011)

3. Jonah Travis, 6'6" F, Minneapolis DeLaSalle. Very strong and athletic. Had a poor offensive outing in a semifinal upset loss to Grand Rapids. Has scholarship offers from Northern Illinois, Wofford, Milwaukee, and Green Bay.

ESPN profile (http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=107852&season=2011)

Joe Coleman of Hopkins would definitely be on this list, but it looks like he is surely a high major player.

Bryan
03-29-2010, 09:47 PM
Coleman and Tyler have MN offers already, NDSU is already recruiting Jonah Travis, similiar to Bjorklund in that he is a couple inches shy right now and that is what is keeping him from Big 10 /Big 12. Singleton has been a key player for Hopkins since he was a freshman and back then was thought to be a sure big time player, the problem is he was the same size three years ago that he is today. he has improved his perimeter game but not enough to get any scholarship offers yet. He either needs to find a late growth spurt and then he will be a top recruit, or he needs to really improve his outside game.

The junior class in Minnesota is really, really deep and may send the most kids to Division 1 schools in the states history. Right now it lacks the clear Top 75 national recruits like past years have had, but has alot of kids who could turn out to be very good and with only one big, D1 school in the state, schools like UNI, NDSU, Co. St, UWGB, Iowa St, etc. are hitting the state hard. Over 30 D1 schools had coaches at the state tourny.

dannygunner
03-29-2010, 11:28 PM
I like the fact that NDSU added guard Kurt Alexander. Stats look solid from his time at Iowa Central C.C. Want to know if we have a chance at Mike Rostampour. Hopefully we can make sure he doesn't go to Wisconsin-Milwaukee. His size seems pretty solid, but outside of that I have no idea what he is like. I know his team was in the Minnesota State Championships. Curious to see if anybody saw these games and tell me how he did.

lakesbison
03-29-2010, 11:37 PM
1. Marvin Singleton, 6'5" F, Hopkins and DJ Peterson are Marcus Williams buddy... so hopefully that helps.

Rostapour still hasnt decided where he is going.

Boston College's coach is out, maybe Noreen will want to play locally? (its a reach, i know, ha ha)

DjKyRo
03-30-2010, 01:38 AM
Considering the status of our frontcourt (already with Carlson, Aaberg, Bjorklund, Nagel, and Trayvonn [who is really more of a 3]) I'd be surprised if we got another big. The last two schollies should be going for guards, or that's the impression I get from listening to Saul on the radio every now and again.

Kermit
03-30-2010, 02:58 AM
Coleman and Tyler have MN offers already, NDSU is already recruiting Jonah Travis, similiar to Bjorklund in that he is a couple inches shy right now and that is what is keeping him from Big 10 /Big 12. Singleton has been a key player for Hopkins since he was a freshman and back then was thought to be a sure big time player, the problem is he was the same size three years ago that he is today. he has improved his perimeter game but not enough to get any scholarship offers yet. He either needs to find a late growth spurt and then he will be a top recruit, or he needs to really improve his outside game.

Thanks for the info, Bryan! I can see why the Gophers would be interested in Coleman and Tyler.

I understand why Singleton might be considered under-sized by high major schools, but I don't think he'd have any problem doing his thing in the Summit League. He is really powerful.

Herd
03-30-2010, 03:25 AM
Went to Target to watch the 3A and 4A championship games. Really liked the point Guard from Johnson, but didn't think that Singleton would be a diffence maker at his size, playing mostly inside. Coleman and Peterson were both outstanding. 6'6 Fr from Hopkins will be big time.

6'6 Sophmore from SC Tech (Heysse), is a nice BB player, and may turn into a college player. But, Heysse is a big time punter, DI material great leg. I've got the inside track, watched him punt on the Freshman team a year ago. Hopefully he's on the football radar as a punter/wr. Mark it down, the next Drago punting the ball.

OnTheFifty
03-30-2010, 12:37 PM

The junior class in Minnesota is really, really deep and may send the most kids to Division 1 schools in the states history. Right now it lacks the clear Top 75 national recruits like past years have had, but has alot of kids who could turn out to be very good and with only one big, D1 school in the state, schools like UNI, NDSU, Co. St, UWGB, Iowa St, etc. are hitting the state hard. Over 30 D1 schools had coaches at the state tourny.

Are we sure Tyler has a U of M offer? I know Coleman does...

Lots of Metro talent to go after.....

ndsubison1
04-03-2010, 05:49 PM
I saw that Bismarck native Luke Martinez committed to Wyoming

ISXBISON
04-05-2010, 06:18 PM
Add Chris Kading to the list

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/274475/group/homepage/

RedRiver
04-05-2010, 07:14 PM
I saw that Bismarck native Luke Martinez committed to Wyoming

I thought that he might have been an option for NDSU if Alexander the JC from Iowa or the Michigan senior guard did not come thorugh.

We need another guard!!

Kermit
04-05-2010, 07:32 PM
Let's just say that we did not lose a recruiting battle for Martinez. NDSU was not seriously interested.

DjKyRo
04-05-2010, 08:42 PM
Let's just say that we did not lose a recruiting battle for Martinez. NDSU was not seriously interested.

He used to date my sister, if that means anything at all.

Tatanka
04-05-2010, 08:43 PM
He used to date my sister, if that means anything at all.

Dude. Who didn't? :D

DjKyRo
04-05-2010, 08:46 PM
Dude. Who didn't? :D

More true than you know. :hide:

Tatanka
04-05-2010, 08:47 PM

:eek: :eek:

BadlandsBison
04-06-2010, 08:04 PM

Pittsburg Nelly? :D

DORMIE
04-06-2010, 09:32 PM
About the Heysse kid from SC Tech. His uncle Bruce, with Bank of the West, is one of my best friends. I'll follow up on this. He told me he was playing in the tournament, but said he needed work.

DORMIE
04-08-2010, 04:12 AM
In a follow up to my last post, I had an email and also a couple of beers with Bruce Heysse. Kevin Heysse will probably start at QB for SC Tech this fall. He has a hell of an arm and can throw the ball 60+ yards flat footed. His leg is pretty good too. His father, Mark Heysse was recruited to play football by Jim Wacker and attended NDSU his freshman year. Mark was recruited by Concordia and elected to leave NDSU, sitting out his sophomore year. Mark played three seasons for Concordia and was an All-American his last two at D-Tackle. Bruces' guess....Kevin would consider NDSU a good place to play the game, assuming he focuses on football vs. basketball.

Kermit
04-17-2010, 07:57 PM
Jeff Kolpack reports that the Bison basketball program is recruiting Taylor Baxter, a 6'5" senior guard from Fieldcrest HS in Illinois.

http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/?blog=76351

Kermit
04-17-2010, 08:07 PM
By the way, Baxter took an official visit to NDSU last October. He has remained on the radar throughout the season.

http://mywebtimes.com/archives/ottawa/display.php?id=397013

Baxter, on the other hand, is a fluid 6-5 point guard who makes everything he does on the floor look almost effortless — from shooting to passing, from rebounding to defending.

http://www.chicagohoops.com/articles1/taylorbaxter2.html

Class of 2010 Fieldcrest star Taylor Baxter is very quietly putting together a superb senior season, and has solidified his position as one of the true sleepers in his class. Baxter rates as one of the top Class of 2010 basketball prospects in the state of Illinois.

Baxter, a 6'5" guard, delivers with his size, shooting skills, and his ability to play either guard slot. Baxter, who averages better than 18 points and 5 assists per game, runs the point for a Fieldcrest team that currently sports a perfect 20-0 record. Baxter, and fellow senior Nathan Ropp combine to form a dazzling duo on the basketball court with Ropp leading the team in scoring at better than 21 points per game.

IzzyFlexion
04-18-2010, 01:46 AM
This athlete (Baxter) also advanced to the finals in the Class 2A IHSA slam dunk tournament and finished second in that division.
BTW Slick, Landon Gamble did not participate in the 4A division.:) :)

I did find a picture of the other kid though.
http://hphotos-sjc1.fbcdn.net/hs465.snc3/25525_345527716810_345512016810_4036655_4568629_n. jpg

OnTheFifty
04-21-2010, 04:35 PM
2010 Minnesota Mr. Basketball winner Kevin Noreen opened up once again yesterday when he was officially released from his letter of intent by Boston College.

"Schools I have heard from are Minnesota, UCLA, Penn State, Florida, Washington State, Providence, Washington State, Texas, Marquette, and many, many mid-Majors including Northern Illinois, Saint Louis, and North Dakota State,".... Maybe 50 schools in all."

DjKyRo
04-21-2010, 04:40 PM
2010 Minnesota Mr. Basketball winner Kevin Noreen opened up once again yesterday when he was officially released from his letter of intent by Boston College.

"Schools I have heard from are Minnesota, UCLA, Penn State, Florida, Washington State, Providence, Washington State, Texas, Marquette, and many, many mid-Majors including Northern Illinois, Saint Louis, and North Dakota State,".... Maybe 50 schools in all."

Now that's interesting. Can't imagine NDSU's got any shot competing with the likes of UCLA, Florida, etc. etc. but what a get this guy would be.

Kermit
04-21-2010, 05:47 PM
Now that's interesting. Can't imagine NDSU's got any shot competing with the likes of UCLA, Florida, etc. etc. but what a get this guy would be.

My guess is that our chance of seeing Noreen in a Bison uniform is about the same as the likelihood that SDSU was going to get Cody Larson (Sioux Falls Roosevelt) after he was released by Iowa. Larson committed to Florida, yesterday.

ndsubison1
04-21-2010, 07:13 PM

#2........

NDSUstudent
04-21-2010, 08:47 PM

I can dream. Noreen-Wright-Bjorklund would be insane

Kermit
04-21-2010, 09:18 PM
I can dream. Noreen-Wright-Bjorklund would be insane

No doubt. Noreen and Bjorklund would probably complement each other very well. Bjorklund is a true, back to the basket, low post type. As I understand it (Bryan and others know much more about Noreen than I do), Noreen is more of a face the basket forward who can play on the perimeter.

HandoEX
04-22-2010, 02:10 PM
My guess is that our chance of seeing Noreen in a Bison uniform is about the same as the likelihood that SDSU was going to get Cody Larson (Sioux Falls Roosevelt) after he was released by Iowa. Larson committed to Florida, yesterday.

Another SD kid to Florida, huh? The last one seemed to do ok;)

OnTheFifty
04-22-2010, 06:20 PM
3 Players that NDSU has been at their schools watching the past few days:

Ross Travis and Jake White of Chaska, and Jonah Travis at DeLaSalle

HandoEX
04-22-2010, 07:54 PM
No doubt. Noreen and Bjorklund would probably complement each other very well. Bjorklund is a true, back to the basket, low post type. As I understand it (Bryan and others know much more about Noreen than I do), Noreen is more of a face the basket forward who can play on the perimeter.

Noreen at the 3
Bjorklund at the 4
Aaberg at the 5

Sounds like an incredible front court of Minnesota bigs. Come on Saul:D

ndsubison1
04-22-2010, 08:00 PM
#6........

Mr. Burgundy
04-27-2010, 02:22 AM
Marshall Bjorkland: AP Player of the Year MN
Trayvonn Wright: 1st Team Iowa
Taylor Baxter: 1st Team Illinois
4th Scholarship to be announced soon. Everyone will like this one. Some youtube clips that you won't believe. It will be announced soon. The coaches are thrilled with how it turned out. Hey Kurt Alexander, I hope Drake stinks!

I know Marshall will be expected to play in the post, it depends on the depth chart on Tray and Taylor redshirting. I personally hope they redshirt and we continue on the tradition of "program kids." We have a good history of player development. Kids that fit a program and put in the work.

Kermit
04-27-2010, 02:28 AM
Marshall Bjorkland: AP Player of the Year MN
Trayvonn Wright: 1st Team Iowa
Taylor Baxter: 1st Team Illinois
4th Scholarship to be announced soon. Everyone will like this one. Some youtube clips that you won't believe. It will be announced soon. The coaches are thrilled with how it turned out. Hey Kurt Alexander, I hope Drake stinks!

I know Marshall will be expected to play in the post, it depends on the depth chart on Tray and Taylor redshirting. I personally hope they redshirt and we continue on the tradition of "program kids." We have a good history of player development. Kids that fit a program and put in the work.

Hey Burgundy, you are officially Marshall's #1 fan and you are also Bisonville's Most Valuable Rube, but it is high time that you learn to spell B-j-o-r-k-l-u-n-d!

DjKyRo
04-27-2010, 02:31 AM
Hey Burgundy, you are officially Marshall's #1 fan and you are also Bisonville's Most Valuable Rube, but it is high time that you learn to spell B-j-o-r-k-l-u-n-d!

I like the idea of a MVR (Most Valuable Rube).

Kermit
04-27-2010, 02:34 AM
I like the idea of a MVR (Most Valuable Rube).

You are a strong contender for Rookie Rube of the Year, and a couple times lately you were Most Intoxicated Rube of the Week!

NDSUFan_Sav
04-27-2010, 04:42 AM
You are a strong contender for Rookie Rube of the Year, and a couple times lately you were Most Intoxicated Rube of the Week!

woooo woooo wait a minute here...I didn't perform the way I did in Sioux Falls for a reason :)

56BISON73
04-27-2010, 05:02 AM
woooo woooo wait a minute here...I didn't perform the way I did in Sioux Falls for a reason :)

I remember a home game where your biggest goal was just to make it accross the street to the FD. Getting in was a whole new set of challenges.:D

NDSUFan_Sav
04-27-2010, 05:40 AM
I remember a home game where your biggest goal was just to make it accross the street to the FD. Getting in was a whole new set of challenges.:D

exactly my point :)

DjKyRo
04-28-2010, 04:10 AM
I just got a FB invite to Trayvonn Wright's open house. :\

Bryan
04-28-2010, 10:01 PM
DJ Peterson and Mike Rostempour, both kids who at one time had NDSU offers, will be attending Prep school next year.

OnTheFifty
05-06-2010, 01:04 PM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/wisconsinpreps/basketball/recruiting/player-Nimrod-Hilliard-97726

Nimrod Hilliard IV may not sound like the name of a standout guard. Heck, he doesn’t even pass the look test with his goggles and thin frame. However, the 5-11 point from Madison (WI) East has continued to prove the critics wrong with his strong play this spring.

Nimrod Hilliard IV averaged 16.5 points per game for Madison East, which finished 15-3 in the Big Eight Conference and were 20-4 overall.

“I want to go to Minnesota, my dream school," Hilliard said. "They are looking at me. I guess Purdue is looking at me. North Dakota State, South Dakota. A lot of the mid major programs like Wisconsin Green Bay, Detroit. I have a lot of them. I just need to get my weight up, so I can get a high major D1.”

ndsubison1
05-06-2010, 04:58 PM
What kind of parents name their kid Nimrod? Or maybe it's a nickname...

Kemo
05-06-2010, 05:34 PM
What kind of parents name their kid Nimrod? Or maybe it's a nickname...

Parents with incredibly low expectations of their child...

OnTheFifty
05-06-2010, 06:40 PM
More Nimrod tidbits!

Nimrod dazzled two weekends ago in the Twin Cities earning all tournament honors at the Pump N Run Spring Classic playing with NESYB. There wasn't anybody in the tournament who could keep this high energy sparkplug from getting to the rack. Crazy handles and much change of direction. Nimrod is getting numerous Midwestern looks by schools like Wisconsin-Green Bay and North Dakota State.

ndsubison1
05-06-2010, 07:20 PM
Lets get this Nimrod!

NDSUFan_Sav
05-06-2010, 11:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk7fZjm0dRU

Kemo
05-06-2010, 11:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk7fZjm0dRU

That kid is just someone you would remember watching play, as his shot is peculiar, his goggles stand out, and his name is NIMROD!