PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting: Class of 2010 and beyond

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

NDSUstudent
04-30-2009, 02:09 AM
This is his first year recruiting? Who recruited that great Juco talent on our team now?

I rag on Saul. Thank Tim Miles. Saul was just along for the ride.

All the negativity in this town sucks. :smh:

Some people are even negative, when there is nothing to be negative about.

ndsubison1
04-30-2009, 02:13 AM
The Saul P terrible recruiting continues....more (or less) to come. SORRY

give him time, he's only had two years of recruiting and only one class (Flowers) has been on the court yet... give it time.

*Bisonrube
04-30-2009, 02:26 AM
All the negativity in this town sucks. :smh:

Some people are even negative, when there is nothing to be negative about.

OK, I am not a Saul fan.(recruiting or coaching) But as always I support him and the team (and all his recruits). I am just expressing my opinion...and when it comes to Saul and a certain young QB that I hope also does a lot better this year...my negativity does suck.

Go Bison!!

NDSUstudent
04-30-2009, 02:37 AM
OK, I am not a Saul fan.(recruiting or coaching) But as always I support him and the team (and all his recruits). I am just expressing my opinion...and when it comes to Saul and a certain young QB that I hope also does a lot better this year...my negativity does suck.

Go Bison!!

Fair enough, I just don't see what there is to be down about in regards to recruiting, he hasn't even had one class play yet.

cvbison1
04-30-2009, 02:58 AM
this board has definately turned into Negativille and its ridiculous how some people always need to complain.

tjbison
04-30-2009, 03:07 AM

ummm................wow

yeah thats all i got to say 'bout that!!

jackrabbit1979
04-30-2009, 04:09 AM
IMO NDSU did beat that Jacks if Wolters plays for them. Save the scholly for someone who wants to win and be a Bison!!

What does Wolters choosing SDSU have to do with his desire to win? You can say straight up that he didn't want to be a Bison, but don't bag on the kid and make claims that he doesn't have the desire to win because he didn't choose NDSU.

DjKyRo
04-30-2009, 04:18 AM
he doesn't have the desire to win because he didn't choose NDSU.

It's not our fault they go hand-in-hand! :D

unbison
04-30-2009, 06:12 AM
well maybe he doesnt care if he wins on the road..... is that better?

NDSU_grad
04-30-2009, 01:08 PM

Actually it was Miles who had trouble recruiting. Only one impact player after the Woodside class. I think the recruitng will really pick up under Saul (although he's as good of a coach as Tim, yet).

*Bisonrube
04-30-2009, 05:10 PM
Actually it was Miles who had trouble recruiting. Only one impact player after the Woodside class. I think the recruitng will really pick up under Saul (although he's as good of a coach as Tim, yet).

I will agree with the after Woody recruiting...but it was a good one!! I am just so dissapointed in the Juco transfer we got to help the fab four...I can't imagine there was not a better player out there.

Settle down rubes...my take on Saul is just from what I have seen the past two years...maybe his recruits are gems and I am missing it. I wouldn't mind being wrong. I just don't need to turn things into a positive spin...and what fun would it be if we agreed all the time.

C'mon guys do you really think Saul is that good?:D

Go Bison!!

silkamilkamonico
04-30-2009, 05:43 PM
I'm much more concerned in Saul and the coaching staff to develop the players we do have before I am with who they are recruiting. I think he's done a fine job over the last 2 years in player development and coaching the players to play within his system.

I know next year will be the true test but considering what he's done especially this last year I'm willing to give him the time, and benefit of the doubt. I'm not a Flowers fan at all, but hey, what do I actually know when it comes to what's going on in practice and behind closed doors. I'm also very impressed with where Tviedt's at in his development and to think we still have 2 more years of him is awesome.

The 2 and 3 star prospects are going to be very few and far between at NDSU, but that doesn't mean we can't compete at a higher level than the summit.

ad guy
04-30-2009, 08:26 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't Saul's only recruits currently on the team Nagel and Flowers?

It's hard to really judge a guy's recruiting based on two players, one that hasn't even seen the court.

ndsubison1
04-30-2009, 08:38 PM
yeah you cant judge him based on ONE fricken year, that's just ridiculous... judge him in two seasons... i wont even judge him after next season, we're not expected to be the best again... it was his first year as a head coach at the D1 level, we're losing 3 of our best scorers ever... good grief. i will hold judgment of Saul for AT LEAST two more seasons...

silkamilkamonico
04-30-2009, 08:54 PM
IMHO Saul did a great job this year under pressure, and don't kid yourself, there was pressure.

The seniors structured their entire college career based on this one season and the one weekend (summit tournament) to get into the dance.

They not only continued to progress throughout this year, but they got to a point where I felt they were pretty dominant for the most part in conference. They might not have played great games, but when the game was on the line they ALWAYS came through.

From the OT game against an inferior UMKC team where they played terrible, to a season ending game at Oral Roberts for first place, which was HUGE. That game meant an auto bid for at least the NIT. They lose that game they are going into the conference tournament without any promises of any more games. They were down that entire game, stayed close enough to strike at the end, and then dominated the closing minutes and won. What was Oral Roberts home conference record or whatever up until that point?

Look at the conference tourney. Elimination time at the dream point of their entire college career. They struggled in the first game and almost blew it, and were resilient enough to hold on for the win. The Oakland game was like a carbon copy of the final regular season Oral Roberts game. They don't pull that through and there is no doubt in my mind that there season/career would have ended with an unresolved feeling, despite everything they accomplished.

They didn't only have expectations to get into the big dance themselves, but they had expectations and hopes from the entire community, and anyone who has any ties to NDSU basketball. Saul did an amazing job leading that group of kids, and keeping them focused and motivated.

Kermit
04-30-2009, 09:09 PM
IMHO Saul did a great job this year under pressure, and don't kid yourself, there was pressure.

The seniors structured their entire college career based on this one season and the one weekend (summit tournament) to get into the dance.

They not only continued to progress throughout this year, but they got to a point where I felt they were pretty dominant for the most part in conference. They might not have played great games, but when the game was on the line they ALWAYS came through...

...They didn't only have expectations to get into the big dance themselves, but they had expectations and hopes from the entire community, and anyone who has any ties to NDSU basketball. Saul did an amazing job leading that group of kids, and keeping them focused and motivated.

Right on! The idea that ANYONE can have success coaching a talented team is one of the greatest fallacies in sports. Yes, the table was set for Saul and his staff, but they got the job done. They definitely deserve some respect. Now they will face a new set of challenges and I'm excited to see what comes next!

*Bisonrube
04-30-2009, 09:34 PM
yeah you cant judge him based on ONE fricken year, that's just ridiculous... judge him in two seasons... i wont even judge him after next season, we're not expected to be the best again... it was his first year as a head coach at the D1 level, we're losing 3 of our best scorers ever... good grief. i will hold judgment of Saul for AT LEAST two more seasons...

Who coached the Bison the year after Miles left?

Fine, I get it. To be a good Bison(viller) I must not have a dissenting opinion. I think Saul is the greatest...his in game decisions and preparation are obviously second to none. Never playing zone defense...genius!!
I also have to learn the Bville; I love this kid, he will make a great Bison***What he chose another school***what a freakn' loser, we didn't want him.

So you guys really DO think Saul is that good...or you are not sure and will get back to me in two years? (fair enough, it should be all his players/team then)

GOOOO BISON!!! (I support him wether I think he sucks or not)

unbison
04-30-2009, 09:51 PM

Fine, I get it. To be a good Bison(viller) I must not have a dissenting opinion. I think Saul is the greatest...his in game decisions and preparation are obviously second to none. Never playing zone defense...genius!!
I also have to learn the Bville; I love this kid, he will make a great Bison***What he chose another school***what a freakn' loser, we didn't want him.

So you guys really DO think Saul is that good...or you are not sure and will get back to me in two years? (fair enough, it should be all his players/team then)

Is the first part to be read in monotone as if the excuse machine from common man show were saying it

BlueBisonRock
04-30-2009, 09:58 PM
To be a good Bison(viller) I must not have a dissenting opinion.

You made two points. Both with frustration.

If you have followed Bisonville, you will have noted dissenting opinions. Many dissenting opinions. And there is some serious emotion with the associated spitting and spewing that takes place.

Your opinion is yours. I certainly do not believe that I should be telling you how to think. You may want to have the same approach with those on this board who differ with you. They are also entitled to their opinion.

Opinions which are expected to be accepted by others (which I believe to be your key point) require facts. Your stated opinion regarding Saul appeared to me to be sorely lacking in substianted facts. I would guess that others had the same reaction. The lack of a solid foundation and facts has more to do with your opinions not being accepted that the expectation that everyone is go go rah rah win team.

I agree with most of your second point. I believe it is inappropriate to vilify a kid simply because they choose a different school (or because they had a bad day). According to sources that I trust, Wohlers is an exceptional athlete who will be a part of the future SDSU success. I am disappointed that he is not coming to NDSU, but do not feel that he is any less of an athlete because of his decision.

Gully
04-30-2009, 10:18 PM

You're more than welcome to your dissenting opinion and other's are welcome to our opinion that you're completely wrong (on this one at least).

My point would be that it's far too early to judge Saul's recruiting as being either good or bad. Time will tell.

unbison
04-30-2009, 10:44 PM
Ok I have no hard feelings over the kid picking SDSU..... Just for the SDSU bball fans.... they think they are gonna make a run in the conference.. and their only road win in conference is a forfeit

*Bisonrube
04-30-2009, 10:58 PM
You made two points. Both with frustration.

If you have followed Bisonville, you will have noted dissenting opinions. Many dissenting opinions. And there is some serious emotion with the associated spitting and spewing that takes place.

Your opinion is yours. I certainly do not believe that I should be telling you how to think. You may want to have the same approach with those on this board who differ with you. They are also entitled to their opinion.

Opinions which are expected to be accepted by others (which I believe to be your key point) require facts. Your stated opinion regarding Saul appeared to me to be sorely lacking in substianted facts. I would guess that others had the same reaction. The lack of a solid foundation and facts has more to do with your opinions not being accepted that the expectation that everyone is go go rah rah win team.

I agree with most of your second point. I believe it is inappropriate to vilify a kid simply because they choose a different school (or because they had a bad day). According to sources that I trust, Wohlers is an exceptional athlete who will be a part of the future SDSU success. I am disappointed that he is not coming to NDSU, but do not feel that he is any less of an athlete because of his decision.

I agree with you 100%. As I said in post #262. Settle down, this is just my take on Saul after watching him coach the last two years and my dissapointment with the Juco he brought in. (only facts I would have??)

I have no problem with the give him time argument and I agree with some of the difficulty issues he has faced...but, I was really curious if you/(Bisonville) thinks he is that good now? Surely wasn't trying to be an offensive question.

I guess I got my answer, you guys really think he is that good.

Go Bison!!

ndsubison1
04-30-2009, 11:26 PM

i had a brain fart, yeah this is his second year... my bad. But that's besides the point...

yeah you're entitled to your opinion, but it doesnt mean it's an intelligent one. Saul's had ONE recruit, ONE, who's played for him on the court. You're too quick to judge him, give him time. I think he's a decent coach, but we'll find out how good he really is when some of his classes get in the system and start to develop.

I'm just saying it's insane for you to base him on two years of work, especially after we went to the dance. Our first year wasn't too bad either... you can't judge him based on one recruit and a couple of seasons. Give it time...

Next season we lose a lot (4 starters and 3 of our top scorers ever), but we're bringing in some freshmen that will likely play right away, there will be some growing pains. I hope to god this place doesnt turn into what it did for football if we have a "down" year next year. That's part of being in division one... we're in our first year of eligibility, this stuff needs patience. I'm not going to judge Saul for another fews years and neither should anybody else...

Mr. Burgundy
05-01-2009, 12:31 AM
I agree with you 100%. As I said in post #262. Settle down, this is just my take on Saul after watching him coach the last two years and my dissapointment with the Juco he brought in. (only facts I would have??)

I have no problem with the give him time argument and I agree with some of the difficulty issues he has faced...but, I was really curious if you/(Bisonville) thinks he is that good now? Surely wasn't trying to be an offensive question.

I guess I got my answer, you guys really think he is that good.

Go Bison!!

Give me one...maybe two specific examples of POOR coaching moves by Saul last year. I am excited to hear this. I personally think you just don't like him. You can ask alot of people...including Miles, that think Saul did alot of great things last year with that bunch. They didn't peak, they continued to improve. Winning the road bracket buster. Winning the game at ORU to secure the #1 seed. One home loss to SUU...big deal. Everyone has a dog game, I have a hard time giving a coach too much credit, or too much blame. How about just saying a team made EVERYTHING they looked at.

Did anyone complain about Flowers when he had 13 points in the home game against ORU? I don't love Flowers, but to say he is a total flop is a joke. He can score on the low block...and will next year. He is the athletic big we wanted. Some people compare him to Kansas bigs, and that is just dumb.
So...go ahead with your examples.

unbison
05-01-2009, 02:09 AM
I think that Flowers did not really get to play last year...... I know some of you thought that he didnt work all the time down low..... I think that a lot of u would have done the same.... I saw him work in the post have a good seal and look for the ball.... and guess what it didnt come time and time again.... however his defense on the Oaklands string bean in Suck Falls was very good.... Awesome level of physicality and smack talking to that skinny little puke!

NDSUFan_Sav
05-01-2009, 02:26 AM
I think that Flowers did not really get to play last year...... I know some of you thought that he didnt work all the time down low..... I think that a lot of u would have done the same.... I saw him work in the post have a good seal and look for the ball.... and guess what it didnt come time and time again.... however his defense on the Oaklands string bean in Suck Falls was very good.... Awesome level of physicality and smack talking to that skinny little puke!

oh passes went his way he just couldn't always handle them and when he did get the ball he wouldn't look to pass really and would either miss his shot or turn it over

*Bisonrube
05-01-2009, 02:44 AM
Give me one...maybe two specific examples of POOR coaching moves by Saul last year. I am excited to hear this. I personally think you just don't like him.:banghead:

REALLY?

Did anyone complain about Flowers when he had 13 points in the home game against ORU? I don't love Flowers, but to say he is a total flop is a joke. He can score on the low block...and will next year. He is the athletic big we wanted. Some people compare him to Kansas bigs, and that is just dumb.
So...go ahead with your examples.

He can't score on the low block. He is completely uncomfortable with his back to the basket, he will turn and face the rim every time. He does have the two dribble then baby right hand hook. He has not developed a drop step or the use of his left hand. His hands are questionable at best. He is very athletic and will score on rebounds and open lay-ups.

unbison
05-01-2009, 03:12 AM
Savy really.... So he turned everyone over? Was probably suprised to get the ball!!!! I did not say he should get the ball.... just saying it is hard to keep up intensity when the ball not coming your way......not everyone is as intense as my boy Tveidt!!!!! We gonna dance again in two thousand and 10

NDSU_grad
05-01-2009, 02:38 PM
Rube, I have no problem with you being critical of Saul's coaching. What bugs me is when people say Tim Miles was infallible. He was a very good coach, but he was far from perfect. I suppose when Saul goes to a bigger program people will say the same thing about him and how the new guy has so many shortcomings.

*Bisonrube
05-01-2009, 03:30 PM
Rube, I have no problem with you being critical of Saul's coaching. What bugs me is when people say Tim Miles was infallible. He was a very good coach, but he was far from perfect. I suppose when Saul goes to a bigger program people will say the same thing about him and how the new guy has so many shortcomings.

I see what your saying...I am a Tim Miles fan and that may be slanting my view?? But my comments on Sauls recruiting and coaching philosophy were meant to be in the spirit of "discussing sports with the guys over a couple beers" (if that makes any sense?) I think Saul is a great guy...just sports talk.

Go BISON!!

Bison"FANatic"
05-01-2009, 03:34 PM
The thing I think Saul brought the last few years was tenacity on Defense. He had them boys playing some good D and that helped make the difference and let us win on the opponents court. Most of the time when we needed the big stop they were coached up good enough to come through and get it done.

BisonBlogger
05-01-2009, 06:09 PM
You beat me to the punch BisonFANatic.

If you go back to the first year in the Summit, we just didn't hold up defensively. Everybody knew we could score but weaknesses with on-the- ball, post and transition defense killed us, especially on the road in the 2007-2008 season.

I think everyone can agree that to a man the players improved both their indiviual and team defense in the 2008-2009 campaign. We lose to Oakland all three times without tremendous defensive efforts. We shut down Lewis in the second half at ORU to clinch post season.

Saul did that.

unbison
05-03-2009, 12:47 PM
Do you think that Saul will at least work on a zone defense to change things up
I think this could be a big plus..... When a team is hot or we cant contain one person... A zone defense could be a momentum breaker

BisonBlogger
05-03-2009, 04:20 PM
I don't think we will ever seen any kind of zone defense from this coaching staff. I think I heard them explain that the way they teach man defense has zone principles already employed by the way they help on driving and passing lanes.

Zone defenses like anything else must be practiced extensively in order to be good at them otherwise you run the risk of too much standing around and not applying good enough ball pressure.

Another point is that if you can't get a lead with your man or base defense, how would you expect to come from behind with a zone defense.? It is just not done.

unbison
05-03-2009, 05:50 PM
I disagree.... some of the runs that Syracuse has made over the years has been because of boheim running an interesting or unique zone.... If he doesnt understand bball not sure who does?

We are a mid major and gonna be out manned often times against bigger schools so I think it would be a good thing to have in the bag..... It would be like a football team using no zone coverage in the secondary... you just dont see it

NDSUFan_Sav
05-03-2009, 06:17 PM
I disagree.... some of the runs that Syracuse has made over the years has been because of boheim running an interesting or unique zone.... If he doesnt understand bball not sure who does?

We are a mid major and gonna be out manned often times against bigger schools so I think it would be a good thing to have in the bag..... It would be like a football team using no zone coverage in the secondary... you just dont see it

i agree with you...just have it there in case and just to give the other team something else to look at when they're on offense....i'd guess all of these players have played zone in high school it really doesn't take that long to work on.....and if ran correctly its effective.

huckleberry
05-03-2009, 07:40 PM
Or recruit two 7 footers, then u can run zone all day

TheDoctor
05-03-2009, 09:30 PM
Kemp was entertaining a maybe 6'6 (I guess) kid and his father at the baseball game today. Stopped by actually on what appeared to be a campus tour. We could use some height! ;)

Bryan
05-05-2009, 08:59 PM
A kid to keep an eye on is Josh Vaughns little brother. he had a very good tournament last weekend in Kansas City for the Howard Pulley 15's. Lights out shooter.

ndsubison1
05-05-2009, 09:11 PM
A kid to keep an eye on is Josh Vaughns little brother. he had a very good tournament last weekend in Kansas City for the Howard Pulley 15's. Lights out shooter.

what's his name? Class of 2010?

DjKyRo
05-06-2009, 02:23 AM

I would hazard a guess at ______ Vaughan.

NDSUstudent
05-06-2009, 02:27 AM

Sounds like he is just 15, so probably 2011 or 2012..

Bryan
05-06-2009, 07:22 PM
His name is Tyler Vaughn and he is a 5'11 guard and in the class of 2012.

http://www.howardpulleybasketball.com/

Go to the News and Updates section to get full recaps of recent games and go to the Players and Staff link to get a picture.

HandoEX
05-06-2009, 07:42 PM
His name is Tyler Vaughn and he is a 5'11 guard and in the class of 2012.

http://www.howardpulleybasketball.com/

Go to the News and Updates section to get full recaps of recent games and go to the Players and Staff link to get a picture.

http://www.eteamz.com/howardpulley/images/TylerVaughan.jpg

Bisonfan8
05-06-2009, 09:57 PM
So do we really have any chance at Calcaterra?

Kermit
05-07-2009, 03:03 AM
Sounds like Taylor Filipek of Wilmar has had a great start to the AAU season. Definitely worth keeping an eye on him.

NDSUstudent
05-07-2009, 04:12 AM
So do we really have any chance at Calcaterra?

"Chad's offers include Colorado State, Auburn, Northern Iowa, North Dakota State, Wisconsin-Green Bay, and Harvard,"

I guess we have a chance but it sounds like Timmy Miles really wants this kid. He also has interest from a ton of schools, and it wouldn't take much for a 6'10 kid to draw even more offers.

silkamilkamonico
05-07-2009, 05:42 PM
Wow. Saul Phillips is the headline on rivals.com right now!

99Bison
05-07-2009, 06:03 PM

That's great!

tcbison
05-07-2009, 06:07 PM

Nice article! I emailed the guy complementing him on the article and thanking him for his good work.

HandoEX
05-07-2009, 06:16 PM

Definately a nice article!

roadwarrior
05-07-2009, 06:21 PM
I especially like Josh's expectations on next season! That is the attitude we need at NDSU.

Kermit
05-07-2009, 09:22 PM

Here's the link:
http://collegebasketball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=943465

Kermit
05-07-2009, 09:24 PM
I especially like Josh's expectations on next season! That is the attitude we need at NDSU.

"We have the same expectations as last year," Vaughan said. "We want to win the conference and get to the NCAA tournament. But I think outside our team, people feel we won't be as good and that we have nothing. I don't think there will be high expectations. We're out to prove people wrong."

Gotta love it!

Tatanka
05-07-2009, 10:15 PM
And our expectations should include rabid support for the team (meaning asses in seats, or standing in front of said seat* should the situation warrant).

*Oh, crap. Now I've done it. Sorry.

tjbison
05-08-2009, 12:35 AM
Gotta love it!

you know what I like about these kids.....they learned the college hoops behind IMO the best players to go thru the program and that alone makes me very comfy with the future!! Vaughn, Carlson, Tveidt all can play ball and we have newbies coming in one that played at UNI so hell come tourney time we will be in the mix!! 2 years in a row to the dance!!!!?????:hide: :p :nod: :D

plus I can't wait to piss pound SDSU and ruin their fantasy 17-1 conference record:hungry:

i'm actually really excited for the season

Rabbitlivinginverm
05-08-2009, 01:26 AM
you know what I like about these kids.....they learned the college hoops behind IMO the best players to go thru the program and that alone makes me very comfy with the future!! Vaughn, Carlson, Tveidt all can play ball and we have newbies coming in one that played at UNI so hell come tourney time we will be in the mix!! 2 years in a row to the dance!!!!?????:hide: :p :nod: :D

plus I can't wait to piss pound SDSU and ruin their fantasy 17-1 conference record:hungry:

i'm actually really excited for the season

I like how some of you guys keep quoting this. The guy who made this comment has been out for Nagy's head all year long. Other posters are excited about next year and I feel rightfully so. This guy made his prediction of 17-1 very, very, very sarcasticly. So, really, the joke is on all you guys who keep bringing it up...but hey, I can't wait till next year either so we can settle it on the court;)

tjbison
05-08-2009, 02:01 AM
I like how some of you guys keep quoting this. The guy who made this comment has been out for Nagy's head all year long. Other posters are excited about next year and I feel rightfully so. This guy made his prediction of 17-1 very, very, very sarcasticly. So, really, the joke is on all you guys who keep bringing it up...but hey, I can't wait till next year either so we can settle it on the court;)

Hey if a Bison fan (other than Lakes) made a comment like that on your Bunny board you guys would have been all over it plus tha Bison fan would have been banned!!

Kemo
05-08-2009, 02:04 AM

I can second this; the guy who said this is incredibly sarcastic and wanted Nagy fired asap.

I personally think the Jacks will got 13-5 in the Summit, so go ahead and play around with that prediction :bow:

tjbison
05-08-2009, 02:14 AM
I can second this; the guy who said this is incredibly sarcastic and wanted Nagy fired asap.

I personally think the Jacks will got 13-5 in the Summit, so go ahead and play around with that prediction :bow:

Ok ill go with that, but what will bunny nation think of Nagy if you end up with another year like this year? Afterall its seriously not like you guys are improving 100%. I'm not saying you will suck but its funny how your fans think they will definitely contened for the championship and we will finish near the bottom!

DjKyRo
05-08-2009, 03:08 AM
Tight article, good find!

Rabbitlivinginverm
05-08-2009, 03:29 AM
Ok ill go with that, but what will bunny nation think of Nagy if you end up with another year like this year? Afterall its seriously not like you guys are improving 100%. I'm not saying you will suck but its funny how your fans think they will definitely contened for the championship and we will finish near the bottom!

I don't think you guys will finish near the bottom, that's for sure. If I had to guess, I'd put us right about where kemo has us at 13-5 with you guys right about the same mark, maybe a little lower. And if Nagy ends up with another year like this year (which he won't) people will say again, "wait till next year." Why? Because he's finally bringing in some good recruits. I haven't been too excited about SDSU mens bball for a long time but I am for this year. Can't really explain it, something just feels different....like we're FINALLY over the hump....

cvbison1
05-08-2009, 03:45 AM
I don't think you guys will finish near the bottom, that's for sure. If I had to guess, I'd put us right about where kemo has us at 13-5 with you guys right about the same mark, maybe a little lower. And if Nagy ends up with another year like this year (which he won't) people will say again, "wait till next year." Why? Because he's finally bringing in some good recruits. I haven't been too excited about SDSU mens bball for a long time but I am for this year. Can't really explain it, something just feels different....like we're FINALLY over the hump....

Oh...............:paperbag:

Mr. Burgundy
05-08-2009, 04:12 AM
Just facts: Our kids have learned and watched the best group of seniors to ever play in the program. It is a mentality. The SDSU kids have never watched a road win. Just because you have upperclassman, does not mean you will dominate. I do think SDSU will be good....just not great. I think Kai Williams is the most overrated player in the league, and was better as a freshman. Every coach in the league takes it right at him. He is yet to stop anyone. I think we finish in 4th right behind SDSU, and everyone chases a dominate Oakland team. Bad year for SDSU to be good, because it just won't matter. Nobody beats Oakland.

BisonBlogger
05-08-2009, 04:29 AM
No doubt Oakland will be strong and should win the conference regular season by two or three games but there will be a key ingredient missing if they get in close games in the conference tournament and that's Kangas. There were better players in the Summit over the last two years but no better "Big Shot" maker in the league. That guy was cold blooded and lived for the big shot.

As was well documented, it took Woody eight trys to hit a game winner. I don't know the total number, but Kangas had at least two against us and I am sure he had a few more in his career. Many, many players never get one in a career.

ndsubison1
05-08-2009, 05:47 AM
one thing I know is that neither we nor the jacks will be better than IUPUI... just how I feel... with that said, hoperfully we (NDSU) sneak up on some people

Rabbitlivinginverm
05-08-2009, 12:25 PM
Just facts: Our kids have learned and watched the best group of seniors to ever play in the program. It is a mentality. The SDSU kids have never watched a road win. Just because you have upperclassman, does not mean you will dominate. I do think SDSU will be good....just not great. I think Kai Williams is the most overrated player in the league, and was better as a freshman. Every coach in the league takes it right at him. He is yet to stop anyone. I think we finish in 4th right behind SDSU, and everyone chases a dominate Oakland team. Bad year for SDSU to be good, because it just won't matter. Nobody beats Oakland.

Completely agree. And while our kids have never watched a road win there is a tradition of winning for the SDSU program. I think we saw glimpses of the kids beginning to feel that last year. As a fan, I felt it a few times. And, I gotta tell you, I missed it. I hope it's back. Kai needs to step it up, no questions asked. Look who was on the floor in the last few minutes of the ORU game in Sioux Falls...he wasn't one of them and it wasn't because of foul trouble. In Kai's defense, many times he's gaurding the other teams PF, and we all know he isn't big enough to play the 4. At times, he really works his tail off on defense. My concerns with him aren't on defense, it's offense. He elevates so high on his jump shot and can get to the rim. But he seems to be satisfied with setting screens and passing the ball around the perimeter. It can be frustrating to watch.

JacksFan06
05-08-2009, 02:10 PM
My 2 Cents...

Kai was better as a freshman and took a step back last year. He came out of the gate slow and never regained his confidence, he may not be a superstar but even in a bad year he averaged 10 pts and 7 reb.

As far as our road woes, they've been documented and they defiantly need to change for us to contend for top spot next year. Don't think our upperclassmen don't have a chip on their shoulders. 2 road losses were from half court buzzer beaters, at Oakland they hit a shot to win it in the closing seconds and at UMKC a wide open layup rimmed out at the last second. That's 4 losses that were decided by a few positions, so I don't think they are too far off. Although we were bad on the road, we were tough at home going 7-2 with 1 of those games (NDSU) we lost in OT.

As far as NDSU players learning their "mentality" from last years seniors, it doesn't really matter if they don't have the talent to produce wins. Not necessarily saying that they don't, but we will find out in six months. Besides Oakland, W. Illinois, & UMKC, the rest of summit will be battling all year in the standings and it will be interesting to see how it pans out.

bisonhusker
05-08-2009, 04:17 PM
Good conversation. Even by the Jack fans!!! I think Kai is average at best, but he is a supreme athlete. That is how he gets all of his rebounds. I thought he would be better...eventually, but every coach will go at him. No question the Jacks changed their image last year at home, and had a big win against ORU.

I think it is key for coaches, for starters, for backups to learn, to watch, to play in close games and learn how to win. I do think that SDSU has the edge based on experience, I just disagree with some people saying that "senior leadership" is the key. If you aren't good enough, you aren't good enough. SDSU will be in the mix next year. Some solid players that play the game the right way. Good to see Nagy have a good recruiting class too. Wolters will be starting at point next year.

cvbison1
05-08-2009, 07:19 PM
My 2 Cents...

Kai was better as a freshman and took a step back last year. He came out of the gate slow and never regained his confidence, he may not be a superstar but even in a bad year he averaged 10 pts and 7 reb.

As far as our road woes, they've been documented and they defiantly need to change for us to contend for top spot next year. Don't think our upperclassmen don't have a chip on their shoulders. 2 road losses were from half court buzzer beaters, at Oakland they hit a shot to win it in the closing seconds and at UMKC a wide open layup rimmed out at the last second. That's 4 losses that were decided by a few positions, so I don't think they are too far off. Although we were bad on the road, we were tough at home going 7-2 with 1 of those games (NDSU) we lost in OT.

As far as NDSU players learning their "mentality" from last years seniors, it doesn't really matter if they don't have the talent to produce wins. Not necessarily saying that they don't, but we will find out in six months. Besides Oakland, W. Illinois, & UMKC, the rest of summit will be battling all year in the standings and it will be interesting to see how it pans out.

...oh............

ndsubison1
05-08-2009, 07:22 PM
i remember watching Kai his sophomore year and I was quite impressed... I thought he was going to be one of the best in the Summit; then all of a sudden this season happened and when SDSU played us at the BSA he was nowhere to be found.

silkamilkamonico
05-08-2009, 07:25 PM
From the games I've seen, Kai is an incredibly soft player and gets pushed around. I'm not sure if he's playing out of position or what the deal is.

NDSUstudent
05-08-2009, 07:29 PM
If I am drafting SDSU players...well lets just not go there because I don't want to upset Kai's mom.

BisonBlogger
05-08-2009, 08:41 PM
I can tell you exactly what happened. Someone or maybe many people got in his ear that if he wants to play at the next level he would need to develop guard skills because of his size. Not unusal for guys in the 6'5" range to think this way. What happens is they think too much and disappear when the game is on. It is always difficult for Tweeners.

Give a guy like Winkleman credit as he falls into this Tweener category as well. He used what natural tools he had to work with and improved every year as a Bison.

Billy Hoyle
05-11-2009, 05:59 AM
Sounds like Taylor Filipek of Wilmar has had a great start to the AAU season. Definitely worth keeping an eye on him.

FROM GOPHER ILLIUSTRATED
Despite the fact that he missed out on the Jayhawk Invitational all-tournament team Taylor Filipek deserves outstanding mention for his performance on the big stage. His buzzer beating shot against the St. Louis Gateway sent the Comets into a game with the Colorado Chaos who the Comets handled as well. In the final 4 against the KC Pump N Run Trevor Releford led his team to a 15-1 start and the Comets played from behind the entire afternoon. Fillipek's 25 points helped get the Comets within three but they never did get any closer. For the weekend the Comets finished with a 5-2 record.

THIS PAST WEEKEND AT THE SABES INVITE
I watched Filipek's Comets team lose to Harrison Barnes and the All Iowa Attack Red by 5 points, but Filipek outshined both Barnes and Butler recruit Zach McCabe. I had him for an unofficial 23 pts., 9 rebounds and 8 assits. Much to the chagrin of Barnes, he was blocked twice by Filipek...one pinning the ball on the backboard and the other at the front of the rim. Barnes would later posterize Filipek with a high flying dunk though. The combination of Filipek and Alex Hanks held Barnes to 7 and McCabe to 6.

Kermit
05-11-2009, 01:50 PM
FROM GOPHER ILLIUSTRATED
Despite the fact that he missed out on the Jayhawk Invitational all-tournament team Taylor Filipek deserves outstanding mention for his performance on the big stage. His buzzer beating shot against the St. Louis Gateway sent the Comets into a game with the Colorado Chaos who the Comets handled as well. In the final 4 against the KC Pump N Run Trevor Releford led his team to a 15-1 start and the Comets played from behind the entire afternoon. Fillipek's 25 points helped get the Comets within three but they never did get any closer. For the weekend the Comets finished with a 5-2 record.

THIS PAST WEEKEND AT THE SABES INVITE
I watched Filipek's Comets team lose to Harrison Barnes and the All Iowa Attack Red by 5 points, but Filipek outshined both Barnes and Butler recruit Zach McCabe. I had him for an unofficial 23 pts., 9 rebounds and 8 assits. Much to the chagrin of Barnes, he was blocked twice by Filipek...one pinning the ball on the backboard and the other at the front of the rim. Barnes would later posterize Filipek with a high flying dunk though. The combination of Filipek and Alex Hanks held Barnes to 7 and McCabe to 6.

Outstanding first post. Welcome to the board! Many of us love this kind of info, please keep it coming if you have more.

Kemo
05-11-2009, 06:07 PM
Billy has always been very informative when he posts at SDSUfans.com, so no surprise here from this post. Thanks and keep up the good work!

Billy Hoyle
05-11-2009, 11:03 PM
Yo thanks fellas....I am a New London-Spicer, MN guy and know a bunch of kids around west/north central MN. Marshall Bjorkland is my favorite, but I also love watching Filipek, Alex Hanks, Shaun Condon & my homie Eric Tengwall. I also follow the Comets, Glory and Pump n' Run AAU programs. That's about the extent of my knowledge.

Would love to see Bjorkland & Filipek at NDSU or SDSU

Jdubs21
05-15-2009, 08:55 PM
Yo thanks fellas....I am a New London-Spicer, MN guy and know a bunch of kids around west/north central MN. Marshall Bjorkland is my favorite, but I also love watching Filipek, Alex Hanks, Shaun Condon & my homie Eric Tengwall. I also follow the Comets, Glory and Pump n' Run AAU programs. That's about the extent of my knowledge.

Would love to see Bjorkland & Filipek at NDSU or SDSU

you and me both

Mr. Burgundy
05-19-2009, 12:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn0rWrt7hcQ

Here is a youtube clip from our newest Bison Taylor Braun. This is not a highlight film, just portions of a gametape. You have to love his handles. Some great cross overs and the block to end the clip is fairly impressive...have you ever hit your head on the backboard? Great athlete.
Welcome to the Bison!

Kermit
05-19-2009, 02:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn0rWrt7hcQ

Here is a youtube clip from our newest Bison Taylor Braun. This is not a highlight film, just portions of a gametape. You have to love his handles. Some great cross overs and the block to end the clip is fairly impressive...have you ever hit your head on the backboard? Great athlete.
Welcome to the Bison!

My, oh my! Love how this kid sees the floor and gets to the rim. And to answer your question, I think I hit my head on the backboard once when I was standing on a ladder changing a net. :D

Kermit
05-19-2009, 02:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNgNNhKLY_s

A quick 30 sec. click featuring the sweet shooting stroke of Michael Felt.

Kermit
05-19-2009, 02:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kDtfUVydCs

Watch a future Bison point guard break some ankles!

NDSUstudent
05-19-2009, 02:52 AM
I love how Zastrow attacks the basket, reminds me of another pg we had. Felt's stroke is just great, can't wait to watch Zastrow drive and kick out to Felt. Aaberg looks very athletic for a big kid, he really looked nice in running the floor in that video. As for Braun, what didn't that kid do in that game tape? I saw him attack the basket, run the point, bury a three, crash the boards, and make some real nice passes.

Saul and his staff did a great job, this class could be very special.

Kermit
05-19-2009, 03:04 AM
I love how Zastrow attacks the basket, reminds me of another pg we had. Felt's stroke is just great, can't wait to watch Zastrow drive and kick out to Felt. [b[Aaberg looks very athletic for a big kid, he really looked nice in running the floor in that video.[/b] As for Braun, what didn't that kid do in that game tape? I saw him attack the basket, run the point, bury a three, crash the boards, and make some real nice passes.

Saul and his staff did a great job, this class could be very special.

Uh, yes! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmDnDBeYTcc

I don't know if I've ever seen a 6'9" kid in this area who can run, catch, handle the ball, and block shots like Aaberg. He is very raw and he needs to get a lot stronger, but his "upside" might be as high as anyone who has played at NDSU. We will have to be patient with him, but he really wants to be a Bison, and I think it is a match made in heaven. :)

DjKyRo
05-19-2009, 07:19 AM
ZOMG, great finds from everyone. I nearly started crying when Braun denied that one dude's shot, I feel better and better about next season knowing fantastic athletes like these guys are wearing the green and gold come November!

Baba
05-19-2009, 10:16 PM
That clip is actually from Nates sophmore season.
I have highlight dvd's from the past two seasons, anybody know how I could load those on here?

NDSUstudent
05-19-2009, 11:12 PM
I don't think you can load video here, but I'm sure everyone would appreciate it if you put them on youtube and gave us the link.

OnTheFifty
05-22-2009, 01:24 PM
NDSU has officially offered Mendota Heights Sibley's Jake Kreuser. There are 3 bigs for the 2010 class that could go Mid- High major in Minnesota this year.

The Gophers have not offered (Calcaterra had an offer under Monson at one time) any of the 3 yet. They recently offered a big out of Nebraska and a big from New Mexico. I would expect if they do not land one of them, one of the 3 Minnesota guys would be next in line to receive one.

If not, NDSU just has to hold off the Colorado State's of the world and they could have their first ~7 footer in a long time.

NDSUstudent
05-22-2009, 07:12 PM
NDSU has officially offered Mendota Heights Sibley's Jake Kreuser. There are 3 bigs for the 2010 class that could go Mid- High major in Minnesota this year.

The Gophers have not offered (Calcaterra had an offer under Monson at one time) any of the 3 yet. They recently offered a big out of Nebraska and a big from New Mexico. I would expect if they do not land one of them, one of the 3 Minnesota guys would be next in line to receive one.

If not, NDSU just has to hold off the Colorado State's of the world and they could have their first ~7 footer in a long time.

Thanks for the info.

OnTheFifty
05-26-2009, 12:55 PM

Supposedly he holds a high GPA as well ~3.80 range

"The recruiting has really picked up in the spring," Jake stated. "I recently have gotten offers for UW-Green Bay and North Dakota State, and earlier in the year I got an offer from Santa Clara. I have taken a lot of calls from Ivy League schools like Penn, Princeton, Yale, and Cornell. I have also received some notice from some schools closer to me like Loyola (Chicago) and South Dakota. I have also gotten some interest from Colorado State as well."

DjKyRo
05-26-2009, 01:43 PM
Dude, landing a kid who's 6'11" would be huge (no pun intended). Let's hope Saul can work some magic on this guy.

Mr. Burgundy
05-27-2009, 02:42 AM
There is nobody more connected to Minnesota recruiting than "On the fifty" if he is right, and we can land a leftover BIG MAN, it would be fantastic.

I am still begging for Marshall Bjorkland to start that class off. Saul and the boys are pretty hot right now, and I think if we land Bjorkland, it could start up that class quite nicely.

Rabbitlivinginverm
05-28-2009, 03:11 AM
Since there has been some talk of Jackrabbit recruits over here I thought I would post this bit of info that was posted on the SDSU board. Jacks are likely at the top of the list for 6'8" Jordan Dykstra. He was an Iowa State recruit. The teammate he mentions is 6'9" Marcus Heemstra--a Jackrabbit recruit. I'm excited to see how the next couple of classes for NDSU and SDSU pan out.

http://blogs.desmoinesregister.com/dmr/index.php/category/sports/cyclones-blog/#4118

“As far as my future plans, I am not sure what will happen. I have not had much contact from colleges about basketball since I made my verbal commitment, so I hope there are some schools that will be interested in me. Some schools have talked to my football coach about me playing college football, so that might be an option. I have talked with my teammate Marcus Heemstra about playing together in college. We have been playing together since 4th grade, so we thought that would be great too."

OnTheFifty
06-10-2009, 06:20 PM
NDSU recruiting DeLaSalle 6-foot-5 small forward Jonah Travis. Arguably one of the top four or five prospects in Minnesota's 2011 class.

Looks like some familiar competition for his services

"Butler, North Dakota State, Iowa State, Northern Illinois, Drake, Wisconsin-Green Bay, New Hampshire, Denver, Colorado State, Loyola-Chicago, Bucknell, Iowa, Wisconsin, Northern Iowa, and Minnesota are all teams that I know have expressed interest," said coach Miller. "Minnesota is to a lesser degree than the others. That's just all off the top of my head and I know there are many more. Colorado and Colorado State are also showing interest.

MplsLaker
06-13-2009, 07:01 AM
NDSU recruiting DeLaSalle 6-foot-5 small forward Jonah Travis. Arguably one of the top four or five prospects in Minnesota's 2011 class.

Looks like some familiar competition for his services

"Butler, North Dakota State, Iowa State, Northern Illinois, Drake, Wisconsin-Green Bay, New Hampshire, Denver, Colorado State, Loyola-Chicago, Bucknell, Iowa, Wisconsin, Northern Iowa, and Minnesota are all teams that I know have expressed interest," said coach Miller. "Minnesota is to a lesser degree than the others. That's just all off the top of my head and I know there are many more. Colorado and Colorado State are also showing interest.

he will be going to either butler or iowa state. you will not see him at ndsu

BlueBisonRock
06-13-2009, 07:09 AM
he will be going to either butler or iowa state. you will not see him at ndsu

Inside sources are stating that there is a better chance he will be going to NDSU than Marquette.

Billy Hoyle
06-13-2009, 07:20 PM
Jake Krueser leaving his AAU team Pump n Run to play with another team this summer. He was buried on that teams bench. He would be considered a "project" at NDSU. I am still with Mr. Burgundy...land Marshall Bjorkland first!

DjKyRo
06-16-2009, 07:12 AM
Jake Krueser leaving his AAU team Pump n Run to play with another team this summer. He was buried on that teams bench. He would be considered a "project" at NDSU. I am still with Mr. Burgundy...land Marshall Bjorkland first!

Absolutely. I think of the damage a combo like Aaberg/Braun/BJORKLAND could do and what kind of noise they could make in the Summit and I need to change pants. I am seriously digging this Taylor Braun dude and I really feel he is going to be a clutch player for the Bison, and adding Bjorkland to the team would be a massive cause to come down with a case of Bison fever. This squad is going places.

bison_05
06-19-2009, 05:35 PM
Marshall Bjorklund will be a bison!!!!!!! Way to go Saul!!!!!
http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/?blog=53791

TheDoctor
06-19-2009, 08:37 PM
Absolutely. I think of the damage a combo like Aaberg/Braun/BJORKLAND could do and what kind of noise they could make in the Summit and I need to change pants. I am seriously digging this Taylor Braun dude and I really feel he is going to be a clutch player for the Bison, and adding Bjorkland to the team would be a massive cause to come down with a case of Bison fever. This squad is going places.

Better change your pants!!!!!!!! :rofl: ;)

ndsubison1
06-20-2009, 01:39 AM
HUGE... just a HUGE get! Congrats Saul and the rest of the staff!

DjKyRo
06-20-2009, 08:32 AM
Better change your pants!!!!!!!! :rofl: ;)

Done and done, sir.

Mr. Burgundy
06-20-2009, 03:00 PM
http://minnesotapreps.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=957225

That is an article on a kid who recently received two scholly offers. One from Crookston, and the other from UND. He also visited Bemidji.

THANK YOU MARSHALL BJORKLAND! I am glad we are no longer recruiting against lesser schools.

Herd
06-20-2009, 03:57 PM
The future is getting exciting:

4-5: Nagel, Aaberg, Jjorklund

3-4: Tveidt, Braun, Carlson

1-2: Zastrow, Felt, Coleman

We need to keep bringing in the 6-4 to 6-6 athletes and shooters in the 2-3 spots. You can't get enough of those guys. Next year could be a little bit of a rebuilding year, but the senior year for Tveidt and Coleman will be exciting.

Kermit
06-20-2009, 05:55 PM
The future is getting exciting:

4-5: Nagel, Aaberg, Jjorklund

3-4: Tveidt, Braun, Carlson

1-2: Zastrow, Felt, Coleman

We need to keep bringing in the 6-4 to 6-6 athletes and shooters in the 2-3 spots. You can't get enough of those guys. Next year could be a little bit of a rebuilding year, but the senior year for Tveidt and Coleman will be exciting.

Don't forget Drew Lundberg (transfer from UNI) will be available at guard for the next 3 years. I'm sure we will see some athletic wing players in the next group of targets for the 2010 class.

Jdubs21
06-23-2009, 12:43 AM
haha and just when we all thought when the fab 4 left it was gonna be interesting(in a bad way) now it looks like our next 4 or 5 years will be similar to the fab 4 years

TheDoctor
06-23-2009, 10:46 PM
haha and just when we all thought when the fab 4 left it was gonna be interesting(in a bad way) now it looks like our next 4 or 5 years will be similar to the fab 4 years

Lets let them back it up before we go :D "crowning their a**es" as Denny would say. Keep in mind that this is basketball boys, and if it were not for sheer will, determination, and a little luck in the last 3 minutes, we would not have even won the conference tourney. Regardless, I am very excited about the future as well and think things are definitely looking brighter for the future. ;)

Kermit
06-24-2009, 04:51 AM
Per MinnesotaPreps, we can add Steve Tecker (http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=2&pr_key=96609), a 6'5" junior forward from Superior, WI to the "interest" list. Tecker already has offers from St. Louis U and Bucknell.

Here's a good article about him (NDSU is not mentioned):
http://www.superiortelegram.com/articles/index.cfm?id=34544&section=sports

MinnesotaPreps is now reporting that Tecker has been offered by the Bison. He is considered a strong wing with good athleticism. Note that the Bison are not backing off even though this kid already holds offers from MVC and A10 schools--that is symbolic of the rise of the program.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=97977&season=2010&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncb %2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fplayer%3frecruitId%3d979 77%26season%3d2010

http://www.wiplaygroundwarriors.com/teampics/classof2010/2008/stecker.JPG

DjKyRo
06-24-2009, 06:37 AM
MinnesotaPreps is now reporting that Tecker has been offered by the Bison. He is considered a strong wing with good athleticism. Note that the Bison are not backing off even though this kid already holds offers from MVC and A10 schools--that is symbolic of the rise of the program.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=97977&season=2010&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncb %2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fplayer%3frecruitId%3d979 77%26season%3d2010

http://www.wiplaygroundwarriors.com/teampics/classof2010/2008/stecker.JPG

Wasn't Felt or someone on Pump 'n Run? A possible lead to follow there too if he knows someone on the team who can put a good word in.

Mr. Burgundy
06-26-2009, 12:22 PM
http://minnesotapreps.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=959543

Great article on many Minnesota offers. Domino effect.

enjoy

Bryan
07-01-2009, 10:38 PM
This is the first season for MN Pump N Run, Jake Krueser used to be on the team but left due to playing time, Mike Rostenpour also holds an NDSU offer, and Winona 7 footer Alec Brown is on that team. They also have Carlos Emmory who could be big time after a year in prep school.

Billy Hoyle
07-12-2009, 02:00 PM
The Pump n' Run team is imploding. Krueser is not the only one who has left. Their coach is gone, Dyami Starks left in the middle of a tournament and I think Rostampur is gone as well? Tecker was not at their last tournament. Emmory can't play with them any more since he signed with a Jr. College to play this fall. Significant chaos in this new programs first year.

OnTheFifty
07-15-2009, 04:21 PM
Some more names to watch:

Coaches from North Dakota State (Dave Richman), South Dakota State (Austin Hansen), and Wisconsin-Green Bay got up early to check out Paul Jesperson's heroics against Old Gold. Then in his next game Jesperson drew coaches from Stanford, Colorado State, UWGB, Drake, South Dakota, North Dakota State, and South Dakota State once again.

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=2&pr_key=88940

North Dakota State head coach Saul Phillips sat through a full contest of Yuriy Malashenko and the Minnesota Fury playing against Lucas Brown and the MSB Roadrunners. In front of Phillips and other coaches Brown opened the game with his offensive arsenal scoring on a pull-up jumper, an athletic drive, a three-pointer, a transition score, and a putback.

http://minnesota.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=2&pr_key=101376

http://minnesota.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=2&pr_key=101378

summitfever
07-15-2009, 05:43 PM
I saw Malashenko play at the tournament and I like his athleticism, length, and ability to knock down the 3. He is listed as 6'7" on MN Fury's website but I see him being more like 6'5", 6'6" at the most. What's our interest level in him? Have we extended an offer?

Billy Hoyle
07-16-2009, 06:13 PM
I saw Malashenko play at the tournament and I like his athleticism, length, and ability to knock down the 3. He is listed as 6'7" on MN Fury's website but I see him being more like 6'5", 6'6" at the most. What's our interest level in him? Have we extended an offer?

Malashenko's only offer thus far is from Augustana, but his stock could grow with some strong showings the rest of the month. A relentless rebounder on both ends of the floor. Agree he's probably around 6'5"-6'6"

OnTheFifty
07-17-2009, 02:33 AM
USD got a verbal from Six-foot-9, 210 pound forward Trevor Gruis from Ellsworth, Minnesota.

Other schools who have looked at Trevor include South Dakota St., Bucknell, Cornell, Northern Iowa, North Dakota State, and Minnesota. His only other offer was SDSU.

http://minnesota.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=2&pr_key=95065

TheDoctor
07-17-2009, 07:45 PM
USD got a verbal from Six-foot-9, 210 pound forward Trevor Gruis from Ellsworth, Minnesota.

Other schools who have looked at Trevor include South Dakota St., Bucknell, Cornell, Northern Iowa, North Dakota State, and Minnesota. His only other offer was SDSU.

http://minnesota.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=2&pr_key=95065

He took the transition team over their in state counterparts??? OUCH!! I hope this day never comes for us in the next 4-5 years :hide:. I can't imagine ANYONE wanting to play basketball up there :hide:. They'd tell other students, "I play basketball here." and they'd say, "They play other sports here than hockey?" :hide: ;)

jackrabbit1979
07-17-2009, 08:12 PM
He took the transition team over their in state counterparts??? OUCH!! I hope this day never comes for us in the next 4-5 years :hide:. I can't imagine ANYONE wanting to play basketball up there :hide:. They'd tell other students, "I play basketball here." and they'd say, "They play other sports here than hockey?" :hide: ;)

Gruis did not choose USD over SDSU.

I thought this had already been discussed somewhere here on Bisonville, as I know it has been discussed at length on our board, but Gruis' offer from SDSU was pulled back in April. It is supposedly now on the table to Jordan Dykstra, the Rock Valley, Iowa HS player who committed (and now since has decommitted) to Iowa State as a freshman in high school. Read more here: http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2009906260325

In all likelihood, Gruis will be a good player at USD. He is said to be playing really well in AAU ball this summer. I wish SDSU would have landed him too.

Kermit
07-23-2009, 05:34 AM
The Bison have reportedly offered 2011 prospect Ross Travis, a 6'6" F from Chaska. There will be heavy competition.

Link (subscription site):
http://minnesotapreps.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1438&tid=130100915&mid=130100915&sid=921&style=2

Bison"FANatic"
07-23-2009, 03:26 PM
I don't know if this was on here some place else but wissports says we offered Steve McWhorter 6-2 combo guard.

http://www.wissports.net/sports/hoopsb/blog/blog.aspx?f=123

It is down about 1/2 way through the articles

Bison"FANatic"
07-23-2009, 03:27 PM
Looks like Troy Huff also has a offer maybe that was on here but just noting the article I previously posted

Shawn-O
07-28-2009, 01:50 AM
Looks like Troy Huff also has a offer maybe that was on here but just noting the article I previously posted

UND, NDSU, and Montana have all offered.

Bison"FANatic"
07-28-2009, 01:46 PM
So your saying its a two horse race :D :D ;) ;) ;)

OnTheFifty
08-13-2009, 01:13 PM
Chad Calcatera update:

The 6-foot-10, 235-pounder has four schools in mind to check out soon after the start of school.

Calcaterra will be looking at making official visits as soon as school starts.
He has scholarship offers from Colorado State, Auburn, Minnesota, Northern Iowa, Wisconsin-Green Bay and North Dakota State. He said he will likely visit Colorado State, Vermont, Harvard and Stanford.

Kermit
08-13-2009, 02:53 PM
Chad Calcatera update:

The 6-foot-10, 235-pounder has four schools in mind to check out soon after the start of school.

Calcaterra will be looking at making official visits as soon as school starts.
He has scholarship offers from Colorado State, Auburn, Minnesota, Northern Iowa, Wisconsin-Green Bay and North Dakota State. He said he will likely visit Colorado State, Vermont, Harvard and Stanford.

Not a big surprise as we really haven't had any indication that the Bison have been in serious contention for Calcaterra. Many observers have opined that he will end up at a major conference school. He certainly has a nice list of schools to visit.

Bryan
08-13-2009, 09:00 PM
Not all those offers to Calcaterra are still in play, MN and UNI both stopped recruiting him awhile back and Auburn is also a big ?

MplsLaker
08-18-2009, 05:16 AM
Not all those offers to Calcaterra are still in play, MN and UNI both stopped recruiting him awhile back and Auburn is also a big ?

correct. i have never read anywhere that calcaterra has an official offer from Minnesota in hand

Jdubs21
08-20-2009, 02:45 AM
correct. i have never read anywhere that calcaterra has an official offer from Minnesota in hand

lets hope not anyway...would be great to see that 6' 10" frame in a bison uniform

OnTheFifty
08-21-2009, 09:25 PM

I think the offer was from Monson, and I doubt one is currently on the table.

A recent article states that NDSU has offered Jake Krueser along with a few others Mid Major schools. NDSU has not offered Alec Brown (SDSU and 10 others have). It sounds like both are going to wait and not sign during the early period. Both appear to want to go High Major. Minnesota has not contacted either in a long time and seem to be focused on out of state bigs at this time.

Could bode well for NDSU?

Mr. Burgundy
08-22-2009, 01:27 PM
If you follow hoops recruiting....the first home football game will be a good one. There will be some dudes....on official visits. Some amazing highlight films. VERY ATHLETIC. The 4 kids that will be in town will bring a different brand of athleticism to the BSA. 40 inch verticle on a PG? WOW.

Jdubs21
08-22-2009, 03:40 PM
If you follow hoops recruiting....the first home football game will be a good one. There will be some dudes....on official visits. Some amazing highlight films. VERY ATHLETIC. The 4 kids that will be in town will bring a different brand of athleticism to the BSA. 40 inch verticle on a PG? WOW.

haha y do u gotta tease like that burgandy?

MplsLaker
08-23-2009, 08:33 AM
I think the offer was from Monson, and I doubt one is currently on the table.

A recent article states that NDSU has offered Jake Krueser along with a few others Mid Major schools. NDSU has not offered Alec Brown (SDSU and 10 others have). It sounds like both are going to wait and not sign during the early period. Both appear to want to go High Major. Minnesota has not contacted either in a long time and seem to be focused on out of state bigs at this time.

Could bode well for NDSU?

not too sure about that. what i am saying is that i don't think dan monson would have offered calcaterra, of all people, while he was a freshman in high school considering this is going to be tubby smith's third season at the U of M. that he has ever had an offer from anyone at the U of M is highly unlikely.

DjKyRo
08-24-2009, 04:55 AM

These dudes...they play basketball...?

Bryan
08-25-2009, 11:57 PM
Calcaterra Did have any offer from Minnesota but it was from two years ago. Saul went and watched him scrimmage and then Chad came down for Midnight Madness and he was offered then. The offer was based mostly on anticipated improvement and potential. While Chad still has alot of potential, he has not become the elite player some projected him to be. MN has had limited contact with him over the past year and his offer was pulled awhile back. Krueser is a whole different mess and it's anyones guess where he will end up, I don't think NDSU is real happy with him at the moment.

Kermit
09-14-2009, 02:50 AM
Troy Huff, who reportedly had an offer from NDSU, has committed to UND. http://www.wissports.net/sports/hoopsb/blog/message.aspx?f=123&id=1064075

lakesbison
09-14-2009, 02:54 AM
pre-law. hm. burgandy, somethings fishy here.

Shawn-O
09-14-2009, 06:48 PM
pre-law. hm. burgandy, somethings fishy here.

Says the resident lunatic. :rolleyes:

tony
09-14-2009, 09:12 PM
Says the resident lunatic. :rolleyes:

Hehe, I thought of the movie ZERO EFFECT (pretty funny btw).

Steve Arlo (http://www.bisonville.com/name/nm0001774/): Why are we talking on the phone?
Daryl Zero (http://www.bisonville.com/name/nm0000597/): I told you. We can't be too careful. Two guys in an airport... talking? It's a little fishy.

The commonality is that I don't see anything fishy in either thing. Didn't Bison great Charlie Stock* go to NDSU for pre-law and then graduate with honors (maybe even Summa Cum Laude) from UND's law school?

* Disclaimer: Included because of a guilty conscience. When I was at NDSU, I saw somebody being a dick at the BSA and thought it was Stock so I badmouthed him to a buddy at a Bison game (basically said, "Bah nice play but he was being a real *** at the BSA the other day.") Turns out I was wrong and it was so mortifying that I resolved never to gossip or repeat gossip again. Anyway, that incident is the root cause of my intolerance towards gossip - especially "negative" gossip. Now you know why - not that anybody asked :)

Bryan
09-15-2009, 02:01 AM
Calcaterra off the board, on his way to CSU

lakesbison
09-15-2009, 02:56 AM
tony youre story should inspire you to get me off this crazy moderation thing. cmon. its been long enough, you just said it yourself in your story!

OnTheFifty
09-15-2009, 11:11 AM
Calcaterra off the board, on his way to CSU

This past weekend he took an official trip to Colorado State and he enjoyed things enough to commit to the school after the trip.

"Colorado State is also in a nice town, I love the facility and the coaches are really nice," Calcaterra said after his trip

Mr. Burgundy
09-15-2009, 12:06 PM
That is awesome for Tim. Good for him. I hope the kid will pan out. He is raw.

OnTheFifty
09-17-2009, 11:45 AM
Word is Tubby got his big from Nebraska to commit -Elliott Eliason.

With Calcaterra gone to CSU.

Maybe this puts NDSU in line for Jake Kruesuer....or Alex Brown. The 2 bigs left regarded as High\Mid Major centers from Minnnesota.

Jdubs21
09-17-2009, 11:11 PM
Word is Tubby got his big from Nebraska to commit -Elliott Eliason.

With Calcaterra gone to CSU.

Maybe this puts NDSU in line for Jake Kruesuer....or Alex Brown. The 2 bigs left regarded as High\Mid Major centers from Minnnesota.

Everyone say your prayers!

Mr. Burgundy
09-20-2009, 04:52 PM
I watched the recruits play this weekend. Time to get excited. These kids were athletes like we have not seen. PG, combo guard, SF and a PF. The PF I think hit is head on the top of the BSA a few times. He was on the rim constantly. SKINNY like KG when he skipped college and went to the wolves. Very similar bodies. LONG and blocked or tipped a ton of shots.
The PG was so smooth. Combo guard is crazy long and athletic. 40 inch verticle. We need these kids. They would provide us something that we need....especially with the injury to Freddy...which isn't good.

I was pumped up after watching. Season is coming up quickly.

DjKyRo
09-20-2009, 09:52 PM
I watched the recruits play this weekend. Time to get excited. These kids were athletes like we have not seen. PG, combo guard, SF and a PF. The PF I think hit is head on the top of the BSA a few times. He was on the rim constantly. SKINNY like KG when he skipped college and went to the wolves. Very similar bodies. LONG and blocked or tipped a ton of shots.
The PG was so smooth. Combo guard is crazy long and athletic. 40 inch verticle. We need these kids. They would provide us something that we need....especially with the injury to Freddy...which isn't good.

I was pumped up after watching. Season is coming up quickly.

Any idea on how they're seeing NDSU after yesterday?

roadwarrior
09-21-2009, 12:10 AM
Any idea on how they're seeing NDSU after yesterday?

I'm sure they were impressed with the tailgating atmosphere!

Gully
09-21-2009, 01:08 AM
Injury to Freddy?

NDSUFan_Sav
09-21-2009, 01:11 AM
Injury to Freddy?

yup, he's out til 2010-11 season now torn Achilles :( :smh:

Mr. Burgundy
09-21-2009, 01:15 AM
The weekend could not have went any better. They loved it. Weather was fantastic. Tailgate was awesome. Crowd was great. Team had a great time and the kids looked great. Hope to get a verbal(s) soon?

Gully....Freddy is hurt. Upbeat, ready to start the process of a comeback.

Sometimes I forget we already signed Marshall Bjorkland in this class.

Kermit
09-21-2009, 01:54 AM
The weekend could not have went any better. They loved it. Weather was fantastic. Tailgate was awesome. Crowd was great. Team had a great time and the kids looked great. Hope to get a verbal(s) soon?

Sometimes I forget we already have a solid verbal committment from Marshall Bjorkland in this class.

Fixed Burgundy's post, but yes, Burgundy knows the difference between a signed LOI and a verbal committment. He's just a little giddy right now. :D

HandoEX
09-21-2009, 02:24 AM
yup, he's out til 2010-11 season now torn Achilles :( :smh:

:banghead: :bleh: :smh: :mad: :ranting:
Terrible news.

ndsubison1
09-21-2009, 02:38 AM
im guessing freddy will get a medical redshirt?

DjKyRo
09-21-2009, 02:40 AM
im guessing freddy will get a medical redshirt?

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I would think that at this point in the year he could simply get a regular redshirt, since he (I believe?) hasn't used that already. Season hasn't started yet, so he can still get put on the R list.

ndsubison1
09-21-2009, 02:43 AM
Correct me if i'm wrong, but I would think that at this point in the year he could simply get a regular redshirt, since he (I believe?) hasn't used that already. Season hasn't started yet, so he can still get put on the R list.

he redshirted in 06-07

bisonhusker
09-21-2009, 02:53 PM
Dr. Freddy Coleman to the ER.........Dr. Freddy Coleman to the ER. Yeah, he may get a medical hardship year....meaning he will be a 6 year kid. Old man river with Shamen Washington! He may or may not use it. All I know is that he is a great person with an impressive attitude after such an unfortunate deal.

Hammersmith
09-21-2009, 08:37 PM
I've been in a correct answer slump lately, so take this with a grain of salt.

If Freddy redshirted before, I'm almost certain he will not be able to get a medical hardship waiver. The NCAA views the 5th year you get to complete 4 years of competition as a way to deal with unexpected events. If you choose to use that year for development, the NCAA counts it against you if you get hurt.

If no redshirt:
1 injury = nothing happens; 4 years in 5
2 injuries = get hardship waiver; 4 years in 6

If redshirt:
1 injury = nothing happens; 3 playing years in 5(redshirt year effectively counts as a playing year)
2 injuries = hardship waiver; 3 years in 6

TheDoctor
09-21-2009, 09:51 PM
I've been in a correct answer slump lately, so take this with a grain of salt.

If Freddy redshirted before, I'm almost certain he will not be able to get a medical hardship waiver. The NCAA views the 5th year you get to complete 4 years of competition as a way to deal with unexpected events. If you choose to use that year for development, the NCAA counts it against you if you get hurt.

If no redshirt:
1 injury = nothing happens; 4 years in 5
2 injuries = get hardship waiver; 4 years in 6

If redshirt:
1 injury = nothing happens; 3 playing years in 5(redshirt year effectively counts as a playing year)
2 injuries = hardship waiver; 3 years in 6

They are optimistic that he will be granted a medical redshirt. Thats all I really know. ;)

IzzyFlexion
09-21-2009, 10:40 PM
They are optimistic that he will be granted a medical redshirt. Thats all I really know. ;)

You, sir, have a solid reputation for these types of tidbits so.....good news!

Jdubs21
09-22-2009, 12:47 AM

Sometimes I forget we already signed Marshall Bjorkland in this class.

my fingers are crossed and am saying my prayers every nite!

NDSUstudent
09-22-2009, 06:47 PM
First page is now updated...here is an ESPN evaluation of Wright from July...

July, 2009: Wright excels in open court situations where he can use his athleticism to his benefit. He has the ability to score the ball in the paint with different finishes and uses the rim wisely to protect himself. Trayvonn was able to rebound the ball outside of his area and grab the ball at its highest point. However, he was uncomfortable with physical play and needs to learn how to take advantage of his quickness to combat opponent's strength. Wright has limitations with his ball handling skills; he has no lateral movement in his dribble and cannot easily shift positions; when cut off on drives, he will spin. He has made tremendous strides since the end of the high school season and has a lot of upside.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=97965&season=2010

lakesbison
09-23-2009, 07:03 AM
http://bluejaybasketball.wordpress.com/jay-recruiting/

Chip RanK

66 200 cedarburg wi

offers: crieghton, uw milwaukee, ndsu, uw gb.

Tray Vonn is halfway down.

OnTheFifty
09-28-2009, 12:46 PM
6'5" Small forward

Lakeville South's Alex Richter continues to be a hot commodity to the Dakota schools. North Dakota State, South Dakota State, and South Dakota were all at his open gyms recently. And North Dakota was there today. Not to be outdone Northern Iowa will have a coach checking on Alex this week.

OnTheFifty
09-30-2009, 12:51 PM
Starks to Columbia.

NDSU was semi-recruiting him at one time.

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/event/article/id/147720/

OnTheFifty
10-01-2009, 01:41 PM
Hmmm....NDSU must still have some interest in Krueser

Last night Jake Krueser had Wofford and once again Saint Louis in the open gym to see him. Tonight Iowa State and North Dakota State watched him play.

lakesbison
10-01-2009, 03:12 PM
I Told You Burgandy!!! We Are Back On Jake!!

OnTheFifty
10-01-2009, 04:08 PM
Keep an eye on....

Paul Jesperson - point guard from Wisconsin.

Offers include the usual players...Colorado St., Northern Iowa, NDSU, SDSU and others. Minnesota, Wisc., and Marquette showing interest.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/minnesota/basketball/recruiting/player-Paul-Jesperson-88940

tcbison
10-01-2009, 04:14 PM
Keep an eye on....

Paul Jesperson - point guard from Wisconsin.

Offers include the usual players...Colorado St., Northern Iowa, NDSU, SDSU and others. Minnesota, Wisc., and Marquette showing interest.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/minnesota/basketball/recruiting/player-Paul-Jesperson-88940

That website says he is 6'6". I can see him getting lots of interest.

DjKyRo
10-01-2009, 04:20 PM
Capping this stellar class off with a 6'6" PG would be epic - and of course we'd still have one scholly left. We could use that to nab Jake Kreuser and we'd have perhaps one of the best incoming classes in NDSU history.

NDSUFan_Sav
10-01-2009, 04:36 PM
Offered Zach Vraa from Rosemount MN

6'3 200 lbs Guard

OnTheFifty
10-01-2009, 05:44 PM
Capping this stellar class off with a 6'6" PG would be epic - and of course we'd still have one scholly left. We could use that to nab Jake Kreuser and we'd have perhaps one of the best incoming classes in NDSU history.

My bad....he is a small forward

Kermit
10-02-2009, 12:52 AM
Josh Gasser, who had an offer from NDSU, committed to Wisconsin about a week ago. Should be a link on wissports.net.

AEBison1998
10-03-2009, 09:50 PM
We've also offered Zach Vraa in football (WR). He might have to pick his sport.

NDSUFan_Sav
10-04-2009, 08:31 PM
We've also offered Zach Vraa in football (WR). He might have to pick his sport.

pick fb then maybe help us in basketball when needed :D

99Bison
10-04-2009, 09:52 PM
http://www.wcfcourier.com/sports/high-school/west_high_wahawks/article_30671376-af6d-11de-8410-001cc4c002e0.html

Article on Wright.

DjKyRo
10-05-2009, 03:09 AM
"The coaches kept it real with me."

NDSU's coaching staff = gangsta.

Nice article, here's hoping Trayvonn can push NDSU to the next level in the coming years.

OnTheFifty
10-05-2009, 07:23 PM
Another name

Jake White - 6' 7" Small Forward from Chaska

The recruiting of Jake White continues to pick up with each week. He's already had Iowa State, Wofford, Wisconsin, North Dakota State, Northern Iowa, Colorado State, Iowa, and South Dakota State in to watch him play/workout the past couple weeks and he recently took unofficial trips to Wisconsin and Iowa. This week Butler, Wichita State, and Missouri State are coming in to see him.

Kermit
10-07-2009, 03:34 PM
You can cross off Steve McWhorter. He committed to Indiana State.
http://www.ny2lasports.com/NY2LA%20Sports%20Articles/McWhortermakeshischoice.htm

ad guy
10-13-2009, 04:48 PM
Does anyone know if we will have recruits there on Friday? I imagine there be some watching. I can't wait to watch some basketball.

DjKyRo
10-13-2009, 04:51 PM
Does anyone know if we will have recruits there on Friday? I imagine there be some watching. I can't wait to watch some basketball.

Word on the street from some Bisonville insiders is that there well may be.

MinnBison
10-18-2009, 01:16 AM
DJ Peterson: Good talent with the potential to be great. I evaluated and watched him play several times last basketball season and he has excellent athletic ability. He's a handy defender with a decent left-handed stroke from deep. If he improves his long-range shooting, he could EASILY be a four-star talent. His leaping ability is well above average. He's well coached and has had a great deal of success at the high school level. He was the sixth man on the most talented boys hoops team in Minnesota State High School League history.

Marcus Williams: He will be suiting up next season. Probably the best on-ball defender in the state of Minnesota as a senior in 08-09. His former teammate, Royce White -- who is the Gophers' highly-touted freshman -- told me he (Williams) was the best defender in the COUNTRY. Great court vision with a ridiculous assist-to-turnover ratio as a senior. Jump shot needs a lot of work. Floor-burning true PG with a lethal first-step. Great football player as well.

99Bison
10-18-2009, 01:18 AM
There was at least one recruit there last night.

TheDoctor
10-18-2009, 05:29 AM
Lakes was talking to a recruit and his whole family in the 1st row. Don't worry. He behaved himself. SURPRISINGLY! ;)

NDSUFan_Sav
10-18-2009, 07:58 AM
Lakes was talking to a recruit and his whole family in the 1st row. Don't worry. He behaved himself. SURPRISINGLY! ;)

he got his autograph as well among others hahahaha

OnTheFifty
10-19-2009, 01:43 AM
Pual Jesperson from WI just received an offer from Arizona St.

Jesperson currently holds offers from Colorado State, Northern Iowa, UW-Green Bay, South Dakota State, UW-Milwaukee, Loyola-Chicago, North Dakota State, and San Diego. Other teams that have shown interest include Iowa State, Butler, Northern Iowa, and others.

CarringtonBison
10-19-2009, 02:39 AM
he got his autograph as well among others hahahaha

that was nice of lakes to give the young man an autograph

NDSUFan_Sav
10-21-2009, 06:27 AM
that was nice of lakes to give the young man an autograph

it was slick my bad :nod:

Jdubs21
10-26-2009, 11:02 PM
Looks like we offered Zak Showalter according to wissports

bison_05
10-26-2009, 11:21 PM
Looks like we offered Zak Showalter according to wissports

Here is the article about the offer.
http://www.wissports.net/sports/hoopsb/blog/message.aspx?f=123&id=1080623

JacksFan06
10-27-2009, 01:00 AM
He must be pretty good to garner an offer before he even plays his sophmore season. I see SDSU has shown interest as well in Zak and also both schools have shown interest in Austin Arians of the 2012 class.

silkamilkamonico
10-27-2009, 06:10 AM
Does anyone know what their interest level is in the dude from Dickinson, I think he's a JR this year?

ndsubison1
10-27-2009, 06:47 AM
Does anyone know what their interest level is in the dude from Dickinson, I think he's a JR this year?

We've offered him a scholly. He was injured over the summer and a few big schools have backed off for now. Gonzaga and Wash St. offered him but I believe they have backed off. He currently has offers from us and is getting plenty of interest from SDSU, Northern Iowa, Montana State, Colorado, Colorado State, and Minnesota and more. Not exactly sure who else has offered him

OnTheFifty
10-30-2009, 06:53 PM
Jonah Travis from DeLaSalle - 6-foot-5 junior small forward

Offers include UW-Milwaukee, UW-Green Bay, Northern Illinois, and Wofford.

"It's hard to tell who is the most interested right now," Travis explained. "I just had a good conversation with Northwestern (coach Mitch Henderson), I've talked to Princeton some, Colorado, Colorado State, Butler, UC-Davis who saw me play in L.A., all the Iowa schools have called (Iowa, Iowa State, Northern Iowa, and Drake), and NDSU. Lafayette and Montana have shown good interest as well. Columbia will be in Tuesday."

bisonhusker
11-03-2009, 03:25 PM
I hope the student section comes out and shows how loud the BSA can be tomorrow night. Bigtime recruit in the house. Need to be great.

Go Bison

ndsubison1
11-03-2009, 05:39 PM
I hope the student section comes out and shows how loud the BSA can be tomorrow night. Bigtime recruit in the house. Need to be great.

Go Bison

you mean we have to actually stand and use our vocal chords? damn, i think i'm gonna stay home

in actuality i wish they wouldve brought this recruit in for a regular season game instead of an exhibition game

tony
11-03-2009, 05:41 PM
Interesting:

NDSU has the #15 PG recruit in the nation coming on a visit.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/basketball/mens/news/story?id=4616789

Tatanka
11-03-2009, 05:47 PM
Interesting:

:eek: :nod:

SDbison
11-03-2009, 05:51 PM
Interesting:

Wow, would be huge if we signed this kid...........

tcbison
11-03-2009, 06:16 PM
Very impressive. The only knock I have seen on him is that he is thin. Which is something that NDSU should not worry about at all with their strength program. Show him some pictures of Woodside and Winkleman when they were freshman and what they looked like as seniors.

Kermit
11-03-2009, 06:18 PM
Interesting:

The coaching staff is getting in on some prime talent. They are really doing a great job and taking advantage of the notoriety they have received in the past year. We need great fan support at the exhibition games this week to help them seal the deal on one of these kids. Then we need to get that new arena built.

BisonAccountant44
11-03-2009, 07:03 PM
Who would've ever thought we'd have a top 100 recruit coming in for an official visit? Great job Saul and staff!! :bowdown:

bisonhusker
11-03-2009, 07:40 PM
you mean we have to actually stand and use our vocal chords? damn, i think i'm gonna stay home

in actuality i wish they wouldve brought this recruit in for a regular season game instead of an exhibition game

Really? You want the staff to wait until after signing day to talk to a top 100 kid? Ok. Sounds like a plan. He will be in for a couple days this week, but it doesn't look like for a game, had to work it around his schedule. Kid is in high school still.

ndsubison1
11-03-2009, 07:57 PM
Really? You want the staff to wait until after signing day to talk to a top 100 kid? Ok. Sounds like a plan. He will be in for a couple days this week, but it doesn't look like for a game, had to work it around his schedule. Kid is in high school still.

you're right.. i guess i didnt realize that signing day was so close. kudos to Saul and the coaching staff for getting this kid to visit

SamsRams
11-03-2009, 11:07 PM
OK top 100 recruit is a very big stretch. Harris is not even rated on rivals and only a one star on scout. Obviously I put little stock in this, just as I put little stock in ESPN having him the 15th best PG for 2010. The fact is NDSU going after the late bloomers and I think that is a smart move. So many of these big schools jump on players os early that they miss the kids that aren't very impressive at ages 14,15 and 16.
I love going after a PG!!!
I love recruiting in Illinois!!
I love what I have read about this kid!!

http://blogs.berecruited.com/2009/05/05/sizzling-spring-has-class-of-2010-oswego-east-star-jay-harris-of/

Twentysix
11-04-2009, 12:25 AM
Watched Mandan, the number 1 ranked team in North Dakota class A beat Dickinson last night. Huge night for two underclassmen! Hanstad had 35 points, 7 rebounds and 4 assists while being double teamed much of the game. For Mandan 6'7" junior Brian Kielpinski had 35 points and 14 boards, shooting 17 for 20 from the field. Are we looking at Kielpinski? Great body, huge wingspan, good hands, and a nice touch down low! Its not very often you see two players of this caliber in the same game out here in western North Dakota

Both of the kielpinski girls play WBB. Ones a lobos(NMU). I forget where the other went, both D1.

tony
11-04-2009, 12:59 AM
Both of the kielpinski girls play WBB. Ones a lobos(NMU). I forget where the other went, both D1.

Rebecca went to a DII up in Alaska (Alaska-Anchorage).

SamsRams
11-04-2009, 01:26 AM

When is the signing day. I thought it was in February

EndZoneQB
11-04-2009, 01:49 AM
I believe early signing is November 15th or something?

ndsubison1
11-04-2009, 02:11 AM
I believe early signing is November 15th or something?

November 11th

SamsRams
11-04-2009, 06:09 AM
November 11th

So is this just for basketball??

tony
11-04-2009, 12:23 PM
So is this just for basketball??

Every sport but football has the early signing period, I think.

Edit: I was wrong - Field Hockey, Soccer, Track and Field, Cross Country, Men's Water Polo have the same date football. All other sports have the 11/11 early signing date.

Kermit
11-11-2009, 02:00 AM
Steve Tecker, who once had an offer from the Bison, has committed to South Dakota.
http://www.wissports.net/sports/hoopsb/blog/message.aspx?f=123&id=1089387

The Coyotes appear to be putting together a nice class with Tecker and Trevor Gruis.

ndsubison1
11-11-2009, 03:53 AM
So... do we sign Jay Harris within the next week? ;)

Facts
11-11-2009, 02:06 PM
So... do we sign Jay Harris within the next week? ;)

Man... I hope so. What time are early signings reported today?

Mr. Burgundy
11-15-2009, 08:35 PM
http://www.wissports.net/sports/hoopsb/blog/message.aspx?f=123&id=1091215

Well, this finally hit the internet, so I guess it is ok to post on B'Ville. This kid Chim Kadima is a freak. 6'4 Shooting Guard that at one point was a commit to Iowa State. McDermott was not happy when he decommitted, as he knows this kid is a Big 12 talent. He was the recruit that was here for our "Midnight Madness" show. He had a terrific visit and has some really tight ties to our program. Brothers played with and for some of our assistant coaches. He is a defensive stopper and that type of high major athlete that we are looking for.

If you do some internet searches, you can find some absolutely amazing info on this kid. Like the schools that at one point were recruiting him prior to his committment to Iowa State. I have been hoping to hear of a "verbal" from this guy for a long time. I think we have a good chance.

I am not sure if he will sign during this early signing period or not, but this kid is amazing and would form a crazy backcourt with a potential Jay Harris, Zastrow and Mike Felt.

He had a broken bone in his finger and a broken leg in each of his Soph and Junior seasons. Again, this kid is an athlete and very long.

Mr. Burgundy
11-15-2009, 08:45 PM
Here is a quote from Chim prior to accepting the Iowa State offer.

"I'm really excited about the offer," Kadima said. "It's really big for me."

Don't expect this to be the final offer Kadima sees before he makes a decision about where to play his college ball. Kadima says that he's getting attention from other high-major programs like Clemson, Washington State, Miami, Iowa, Louisville, Marquette, Arizona State, Northwestern and Penn State

Mr. Burgundy
11-15-2009, 08:47 PM
Kadima's recruitment came down to the Cyclones and Marquette mainly but Chim's brother, Biaya, said that other teams were starting to really take interest. Those teams include: Vanderbilt, Boston College, Minnesota, Iowa, Louisville and Arizona State.

Biaya said that Vanderbilt had previously planned to watch Kadima play next weekend and that from Louisville coach Rick Pitino had been showing interest as well. Along with Iowa State, Kadima had offers from UW-Milwaukee and UW-Green Bay.
_________________-

More quotes from when he verballed to Iowa State.

Mr. Burgundy
11-15-2009, 08:49 PM
Chim Kadima (Playground Elite) - As a 6-foot-3 and 185 pound point guard Kadima was at one point committed to Iowa State. He has since parted ways with the Cyclones and is open once again. After he de-committed Chim (also known as T.J.) heard from Minnesota for a little bit. He is ranked as the 7th best player in the state of Wisconsin.

NDSUDude
11-15-2009, 09:30 PM
We Need To Sign This Guy Now!!!

Bryan
11-16-2009, 10:40 PM
Iowa st. was not the least bit sad Kadima and the Cyclones parted ways.

Bison Dan
11-17-2009, 12:05 PM
Iowa st. was not the least bit sad Kadima and the Cyclones parted ways.

Why?????????

OnTheFifty
11-18-2009, 03:04 AM
Rumor has it - nothing offical yet

Jake Kreuser the 6-foot-11 senior center from Henry Sibley, has committed to Lafayette.

lakesbison
11-20-2009, 03:51 AM
Top 50 Minn recruits unsigned..... like this list burgandy?

DJ Peterson (heard he's going prep scool) Hopkins
Calvin Godfrey (Cooper transfer, has and/or had D-I offers)
Cole Stefan (supposedly USC offered, wonder if someone beat him to the punch) Mtka
Alec Brown (ton of offers, huge upside, as he is young and still growing at 7") Winona
Mike Rostampour (wants a higher offer than his current options, had mono in the summer) Henry Sibley
Alonzo Traylor (high major body) Mpls. South
Brett Ervin (D-I body) EP
Clay Horne (high-major body) CDH
Jonathan Crockett (as tough and athletic as they come, high major football) Totino
Jordan Jackson (athletic combo guard) Henry Sibley
Tor Anderson (great shooter) Mtka
Darius Clare (freak athlete, wants to 2-sport, has Eastern Ill offer) Delano
Elijah Sabah (a little short for a D-I forward, maybe the most underrated player in 2010) Spring Lake Park
Manani Beavers (great defender, very athletic) Tartan
Elliot Owusu (great athlete) CDH
Jordan Hughes (qualifier?) Henry
Jay Sewer- Richfield
Deron Murphy (qualifier?) Kennedy
Louis Cox (qualifier? Henry)
Dajon Newell- Lakeville North
Parker Hines - Minnehaha
Taylor Hanson- ""
Jasper Duberry- CP
Chris McMorris- Osseo
Kyle Zimmerman- CP
Joey Cuperus- Sebeka
Johnny Jackson- Cooper
Connor Gunderson (D-II offer?) Austin
Ben Bucholtz- Perham
Dan Kornbaum- LF
Zach Noreen- Albany
Will Patt- St Thomas
Paul Franklin- Stillwater
Zach Reideman- Forest Lake
Martin Wind- CL-B
Andy Seidlitz- Armstrong
Luke Januschka- StC Cathedral
Andrew Good- Mora
Matt Bauduin- East Grand Forks
RaRa Jones- Cloquet
Mike Jensen- Zimmerman
Scott Nystrom- StC Tech
Jack Ghizoni- Burnsville
Jeff Fallat- Burnsville
Devon Knopke- Lakeville North
Eric Tengwall- NLS
Mark Hoge- CI
Scott Willenbring- Rocori
Nolan Toft- BH
Josh Hanson- Maranatha

lakesbison
11-24-2009, 10:17 PM
http://www.wissports.net/sports/hoopsb/blog/message.aspx?f=123&id=1091215

kadima ndsu offer article, if this is posted already , delete it.

lakesbison
11-25-2009, 04:35 AM
Marcus Williams, Aaberg, Felt in top 20.

Fab 40 prospects in the Class of 2009

post-season Fab 40 Prospects for the class of 2009 !
1.) Royce White, Hopkins, SF/PF (Minnesota)
2.) Rodney Williams, Cooper, SF (Minnesota)
3.) Mike Bruesewitz, Henry Sibley, SF/PF (Wisconsin)
4.) Sam Dower, Osseo, PF (Gonzaga)
5.) Trent Lockett, Hopkins, SF (Arizona State)
6.) Jordair Jett, St. Bernards, PG, (Prep School)
7.) Mike Broghammer, Hopkins, PF (Notre Dame)
8.) Raymond Cowels, Hopkins, SG (Santa Clara)
9.) Nate Wolters, St. Cloud Tech, PG (Col St, NDSU, SDSU, or Aug)
10.) Marc Sonnen, Tartan, PG (Northern Iowa)
11.) Mike Muscala, Roseville, PF, (Bucknell)
12.) Carlos Emmory, Bloomington Jefferson, SF (Prep or Juco)
13.) Ethan Wragge, Eden Prairie, SG, (Creighton)
14.) Chris Halvorsen, Henry Sibley, SF, (Valparaiso)
15.) Cedric Martin, Minneapolis Washburn, SG (Lee CC)
17.) Marcus Williams, Hopkins, PG (Several mid and low major D1 offers)
17.) Emmanuel Addo, Northfield, PF, (Northern Colorado)
18.) Mike Fitzgerald, St. Thomas, SG (Air Force)
19.) Jordan Aaberg, Rothsay, PF (North Dakota State)
20.) Mike Felt, Redwood Valley, SG (North Dakota State)
21.) Dylan Hale, Minneapolis Washburn, SG (Texas State)
22.) Josh Figini, Chisago Lakes, PF (Cornell)
23.) Shaun Jensen, Spring Lake Park, PG
24.) Caleb Palkert, SW Christian, PF (SC-Upstate)
25.) Brandon Brekke, East Grand Forks, PF (North Dakota)
26.) Tydan Storrusten, PG, Pelican Rapids
27.) Isaiah Thomas, SG, Fridley
28.) Dylan Rodriguez, Blaine, SF (UMD)
29.) Damarius Cruz, Armstrong, SG (UM-Crookston)
30.) Kenquane Brown, SF, Cooper
31.) Matt Zager, Shakopee, SG (Southwest State)
32.) Kellen Taylor, SF, Wayzata (Winona State)
33.) Taylor Steinabuer, PF, Owatonna
34.) Billy Giddings, Blaine, SF (Southwest State)
35.) Andre Garth, SG, St. Cloud Apollo (N. Iowa Area CC)
36.) Tommy Sawatzke, Monticello, PG (Carelton College)
37.) Conner O'Brien, New Prague, PF
38.) Josh Pedretti, Maple Grove, SF/PF
39.) Tyler Goetz, SF, Chaska (Carelton College)
40.) Maurice Hernandez, Henry Sibley, SG

lakesbison
11-25-2009, 04:48 AM
http://minnesotapreps.rivals.com/quicklist.asp?State=MN&Sport=2&DPosition=31&Position=21&Year=2010&qs=1

toggle between PG, SG, PF, C, etc and cllick on list

lots of NDSU interest!

silkamilkamonico
11-25-2009, 06:48 PM
Man I wish Marcus Williams would drop football and come focus on the basketball team!

Especially next year with Vaughn gone we are going to need another talented G.

DjKyRo
11-25-2009, 07:41 PM
Man I wish Marcus Williams would drop football and come focus on the basketball team!

Especially next year with Vaughn gone we are going to need another talented G.

All the more reason to nab Harris or Kadima!

(Seriously guys!)

Mr. Burgundy
11-25-2009, 09:53 PM
Don't laugh at Marcus Williams joining the hoops team.......but, that will only happen after football season next year......

ndsubison1
11-25-2009, 10:21 PM
Williams would probably be our best on-ball defender

ndsubison1
11-29-2009, 08:18 AM
Chim Kadima has 3 other reported offers from Loyola, Milwaukee, and Green Bay

http://rivals.yahoo.com/iowastate/basketball/recruiting/player-Chim-Kadima-79319

Hopefully we beat Milwaukee when they come to town, I guess it wouldnt hurt us at all when recruiting this kid

lakesbison
12-01-2009, 06:39 AM
i was in wisconsin over thanks. i saw chim k play.

4 3 pters. 22points. dude was ballin, would love to see him at NDSU, his AD talked to me, said NDSU is still high up on the list, but others are really coming at him.

it was just funny to just HAPPEN to be in the area and see this recruit.

Oh. believe MARCUS WILLIAMS playing PG next year, its a CINCH!

unbison
12-01-2009, 11:28 AM
i was in wisconsin over thanks. i saw chim k play.

4 3 pters. 22points. dude was ballin, would love to see him at NDSU, his AD talked to me, said NDSU is still high up on the list, but others are really coming at him.

it was just funny to just HAPPEN to be in the area and see this recruit.

Oh. believe MARCUS WILLIAMS playing PG next year, its a CINCH!
I call BS on you lakes

lakesbison
12-01-2009, 03:27 PM
oh, its a cinch. that came from his mouth. marcus is really pissed about the situation he got himself into at HS and has been working hard and getting everything in order to DOMINATE in FB & BB next year!

whens the last 2 sport MEN's Star at NDSU?

Mr. Burgundy
12-05-2009, 03:31 PM
Great article on the Jay Harris recruiting process today in the Fargo Forum. We had this kid until the ESPN "Top available" article came out. We still have a fantastic shot. He loves NDSU and had an amazing visit. Hard to blame a kid for wanting to play out his senior year and see his options. HOwever, we were on him first and the hardest. He knows that. NDSU wanted him a long time before an article made other coaches aware of him. They are coming in late as a backup plan. Jay Harris remains the priority for NDSU. Hey Tim Miles, go recruit against someone else....Come on Timmy. He went against SDSU on Wolters and Dykstra, and now is trying to get in on Jay Harris. Get out on the West coast and get bigtime players that make a difference.

SlickVic
12-05-2009, 03:40 PM
Great article on the Jay Harris recruiting process today in the Fargo Forum. We had this kid until the ESPN "Top available" article came out. We still have a fantastic shot. He loves NDSU and had an amazing visit. Hard to blame a kid for wanting to play out his senior year and see his options. HOwever, we were on him first and the hardest. He knows that. NDSU wanted him a long time before an article made other coaches aware of him. They are coming in late as a backup plan. Jay Harris remains the priority for NDSU. Hey Tim Miles, go recruit against someone else....Come on Timmy. He went against SDSU on Wolters and Dykstra, and now is trying to get in on Jay Harris. Get out on the West coast and get bigtime players that make a difference.

lol hahaha...what are we putting out 75 percent of our players to play professionally? that's gotta be a nice little bomb shell to drop in a living room...obviously that stats somewhat scewed but who cares what more could some of these kids ask for? a new arena????

tjbison
12-05-2009, 03:43 PM
lol hahaha...what are we putting out 75 percent of our players to play professionally? that's gotta be a nice little bomb shell to drop in a living room...obviously that stats somewhat scewed but who cares what more could some of these kids ask for? a new arena????

if there was a big hole in the parking lot southeast of the Dome with some concrete being poured he would be here!!

unbison
12-05-2009, 04:48 PM
i will volunteer to dig the hole.... TJ you just gotta get me something over there to to dig it with... we will get this shit started.... maybe they will just finish it for us

Bison"FANatic"
12-05-2009, 05:16 PM
i will volunteer to dig the hole.... TJ you just gotta get me something over there to to dig it with... we will get this shit started.... maybe they will just finish it for us

Well I don't have much to offer I guess I could throw a couple bags of quickcrete in the bottom of the hole with some water. We could then say some foundation is started:D :D :D :D :D ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

unbison
12-05-2009, 05:30 PM
Well I don't have much to offer I guess I could throw a couple bags of quickcrete in the bottom of the hole with some water. We could then say some foundation is started:D :D :D :D :D ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Then someone would have to bail it out just as the UP center got bailed out once they poured the footings:hide:

OOO yeah and I volunteer lakes to tell everyone about it

ndsubison1
12-05-2009, 07:20 PM
who needs a new arena when we can send slick to sweet talk the new recruits into coming here :)

tjbison
12-05-2009, 08:32 PM

hmm, could be onto something there man!!!

unbison
12-05-2009, 08:52 PM
http://image.cdnl3.xosnetwork.com/pics10/200/AP/APUHJPFPNGSDANY.20090918223231.jpg
I think you forgetting someone slic

TheDoctor
12-06-2009, 05:43 AM
Then someone would have to bail it out just as the UP center got bailed out once they poured the footings:hide:

OOO yeah and I volunteer lakes to tell everyone about it

We have never provided a dime of financial support to the UP Center and will never, while I am on the board. We provided tax exempt status essentially and that is it. The rest is out of Ace's pocket. Now if you can get Sanford or someone to cough for the arena, NDSU already has tax exempt status. ;)

unbison
12-06-2009, 11:46 AM
We have never provided a dime of financial support to the UP Center and will never, while I am on the board. We provided tax exempt status essentially and that is it. The rest is out of Ace's pocket. Now if you can get Sanford or someone to cough for the arena, NDSU already has tax exempt status. ;)
Why does someone of his status not have to pay taxes? he has enough money he can afford them!

Thunder_Struck
12-06-2009, 02:56 PM
More important question and the reason why the tax break was ok with some people is when do they break ground on the other 4 rinks?

Tax breaks are given for projects like this all the time. I just want them to do what they said they were going to do and build the other 4 sheets of ice.

ndsubison1
12-07-2009, 06:37 AM
Joe Hanstad had 29 points in his season debut... if his scoring trend from the past few seasons continues, he will pass Jeff Boschee for ND's all-time leading scorer

http://www.thedickinsonpress.com/event/article/id/30129/group/sports/

RunDMc34
12-11-2009, 08:58 PM
Joe Hanstad had 29 points in his season debut... if his scoring trend from the past few seasons continues, he will pass Jeff Boschee for ND's all-time leading scorer

I'm sure you meant the all time leading scorer in class a. Because the states all time leader is from the nd school for the deaf and has almost 4000 points for his career

DjKyRo
12-11-2009, 09:19 PM

Hanstad is ridiculous, even in ND competition nabbing this kid would be s steal for NDSU. He'd make a great complement to Bjork and Trayvonn.