PDA

View Full Version : Flights to Midway???

BisonAccountant44
12-24-2008, 03:40 AM
Has anyone heard anything about Northwest offering a flight between Fargo, and Chicago Midway?

Unless I'm losing my mind, which is entirely possible, there was a flight shown on the monitors yesterday that was scheduled to arrive from Fargo at 5:50 pm, but I can't find non-stop flights on nwa.com, expedia, or any other sites.

roadwarrior
12-24-2008, 04:05 AM
Could it have been a charter flight?

I know when I have been on a NWA charter, the flight appears on the airport monitors.

Hammersmith
12-24-2008, 04:17 AM
Are you sure you weren't seeing a United flight? I'm pretty sure United has flown between Hector and Midway before. There's an annual band convention held in Chicago around this time each year in a hotel/convention center located close to Midway. I'm pretty sure I saw direct flights through United a few years back when I was considering attending.

BisonAccountant44
12-24-2008, 04:53 AM
The charter flight would make the most sense.

As far as I know United doesn't fly out of Midway at all so I don't think it was one of theirs, plus if they had added a regular flight it should've shown up on one of the gen travel sites I looked at.

I thought maybe it had something to do the merger since Delta also flys out of Midway, and there was talk of adding the SLC flight again, but I guess not.

imabison
12-24-2008, 11:53 AM
The charter flight would make the most sense.

As far as I know United doesn't fly out of Midway at all so I don't think it was one of theirs, plus if they had added a regular flight it should've shown up on one of the gen travel sites I looked at.

I thought maybe it had something to do the merger since Delta also flys out of Midway, and there was talk of adding the SLC flight again, but I guess not.
United only operates out of Ohare in Chicago. Northwest does fly in to Midway, but not out of Fargo. Might have been a direct flight with a stop in MPLS where they did not get off the plane.