PDA

View Full Version : SDSU Jacks beat Iowa State 65-58

TheBisonator
12-24-2008, 02:15 AM
I was amazed when I saw the score late in the game and SDSU was ahead. HUGE win for the Bunnies. No Doubt this conference is getting better with each passing month.

lakesbison
12-24-2008, 02:20 AM
Whoa.. How Far Has Iowa State Droppped.

Rabbitlivinginverm
12-24-2008, 02:28 AM
Whoa.. How Far Has Iowa State Droppped.

Believe it or not, we are getting better. Just way to inconsistent right now.

TheBisonator
12-24-2008, 03:08 AM
Iowa State, Seton Hall, Oregon and South Florida are all major conference teams that have fallen to Summit teams so far this year.

NDSUstudent
12-24-2008, 03:19 AM
Wow, nice win Jacks. Must be ever sweeter considering what has been going on over the past few years down there.

tony
12-24-2008, 06:10 AM
I think SDSU has played Minnesota closer than NDSU the last couple years too. Nice win, guys!

Gully
12-24-2008, 01:26 PM
I assume this is mens? Very nice. The Jacks looked very good at times against Minny. Might be good games this year for a change.

bisonhusker
12-24-2008, 02:20 PM
Is the kid who transferred from UND eligible to play yet? If so, is he any good?

Is there a boxscore for the game?

Big win. Congrats!!!! Keep it up in Summit League play. You need to make the Conference tourney!

JacksFan06
12-24-2008, 03:12 PM
Yes, Griffan Callahan is his name and he is Jr Garret Callahan's brother. He's been eligible for the past two games and has played big minutes in both games, I think he started against Iowa St.

He helps give the Jacks some depth. We have good talent on our team, they just need to realize after losing so many close games how to put it all together and be winners.

If our JUCO 6'10" center was able to play this year we would be able to compete for the summit title.

I'm sure there's a box score on gojacks.com

Rabbitlivinginverm
12-24-2008, 04:24 PM
Is the kid who transferred from UND eligible to play yet? If so, is he any good?

Is there a boxscore for the game?

Big win. Congrats!!!! Keep it up in Summit League play. You need to make the Conference tourney!

He is playing. His first game was against UNI. He came off the bench and had 14 points and 6 boards. Game #2 against Iowa St. he started but didn't do any scoring. Picked up a couple fouls and just never really looked in sync offensively. Defensively, he shared time gaurding 6-10 Brackins and did very well. He should really help us out with his toughness and outside shooting.

Here's a link to the box score:

http://www.gojacks.com/pdf4/360474.pdf?ATCLID=3636817&SPSID=64545&SPID=7143&DB_OEM_ID=15000

Mr. Burgundy
12-24-2008, 04:34 PM
Yes, Griffan Callahan is his name and he is Jr Garret Callahan's brother. He's been eligible for the past two games and has played big minutes in both games, I think he started against Iowa St.

He helps give the Jacks some depth. We have good talent on our team, they just need to realize after losing so many close games how to put it all together and be winners.

If our JUCO 6'10" center was able to play this year we would be able to compete for the summit title.

I'm sure there's a box score on gojacks.com

Compete for the Summit Title? Come on. You just broke a 17 game road losing streak. Baby steps rabbits, baby steps. Congrats on a great win over a team out of a good conference. Coach Mac at ISU is in TROUBLE. That is a bad loss no matter how you look at it.

Mr. Burgundy
12-24-2008, 04:38 PM
I just reviewed the Jack message board. They are excited, and I am glad for them. They needed something to root for. It has been a tough transition for them. Most of their board wanted Nagy gone...and that is hard to argue. Good to see some positive vibes....one win can do alot....

I wonder if Kai's parents have posted since the big win. That is usually good for some entertainment. Could you imagine if Wink's or Woody's parents would post about how they feel their son is playing out of position or something. Probably something that would be not appreciated.

Congrats to the Jacks.

lakesbison
12-24-2008, 04:49 PM
I wish KAI would get more touches....... cuz go'l dangit!!! I gave him chunky soup for dinner!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tPHsaaL49o

Rabbitlivinginverm
12-24-2008, 06:15 PM
Compete for the Summit Title? Come on. You just broke a 17 game road losing streak. Baby steps rabbits, baby steps. Congrats on a great win over a team out of a good conference. Coach Mac at ISU is in TROUBLE. That is a bad loss no matter how you look at it.

Agreed. We're not competing for a Summit League title even with the 6-10 Juco transfer. I see us finishing in the middle of the pack this year. I'm hoping we'll be in the top half of the conference next year.

fargocyclone
12-24-2008, 07:27 PM
This just makes me cry. :(

bisonhusker
12-24-2008, 07:32 PM
who is the 6'10 Juco Center? When can he play?

Rabbitlivinginverm
12-24-2008, 07:54 PM
who is the 6'10 Juco Center? When can he play?

Anthony Davis. Came from Southwestern Community College in Iowa. 6-10, 240 lbs. He may never play again. Came down with some sort of knee injury at the start of the season. Ran a bunch of tests and couldn't figure out what it was. Just recently found out that he had some type of infection in his spine that ended up in his knee. Nagy recently said that it was a "coup" that we got him.

filbert
12-24-2008, 07:54 PM
who is the 6'10 Juco Center? When can he play?Kid named Anthony Davis (http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=64548&SPID=7143&DB_OEM_ID=15000&ATCLID=1568015&Q_SEASON=2008) . . . he's got some kind of viral thing that started out being a mysterious knee problem, since diagnosed as a virus in his spine.

No word on whether or not he'll play next year--or ever again for that matter.
SDSU would be a totally different team with a 6'10" 240-lb junior center in the middle . . . not that 6'7" Cordova hasn't been surprisingly effective in the post (definitely the Most Improved player for the Jacks this year).

filbert
12-24-2008, 07:58 PM
It was fun down here in Kansas City listening to the afternoon sports show (810 WHB) discussing yesterday's meltdown of Big 12 North teams . . . Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Iowa State all lose on the same day. Colorado almost gets beat.

They totally dissed SDSU (of course). Dang, it was fun to hear!

Go Summit League!

d3boys
12-25-2008, 12:16 AM
This just makes me cry. :(

I feel for ya cy

sambini
12-25-2008, 01:35 PM
Congrats on the win Jacks++

Blue
12-25-2008, 04:07 PM
I wonder if Kai's parents have posted since the big win. That is usually good for some entertainment. Could you imagine if Wink's or Woody's parents would post about how they feel their son is playing out of position or something. Probably something that would be not appreciated.

You're right about that.