PDA

View Full Version : Not That Far

CaBisonFan
12-20-2008, 04:36 AM
After watching the playoffs the last few weeks I must admit that I was impressed with most of the teams. Richmond was salty on defense, lending to the theory that defense wins championships. Notice that Richmond had 'zero' turnovers, and that the yardage was similar for both teams tonight in the championship game. Defensive line dominance, takeaways, and ball control.

But the real key for Richmond was Mr. Ward. He was the leader. He allowed the entire team to relax and to play within their game. He kept the defense off the field for long stretches...with the help of an outstanding offensive line.

We're building a dominant defensive line. That's the good news. We haven't seen this kind of talent in years. Phil Hansen is my source. He has expounded on the promise of our young defensive linemen.

We're really not that far off...but someone has to emerge as the field leader. This kind of player changes an entire team makeup, on both sides of the ball. Nick, a transfer, or a true freshman...I don't care. But it was extremely clear with all teams. The guy handling the ball is the numero uno factor.

Confidence

BadlandsBison
12-20-2008, 05:05 AM
Bohl believes the most importand player on the field is the QB and after this season i have to think he is gonna find the right guy. The coaching staff wont repeat the mistakes they made this season. Whether Nick is the right guy or not, i think Bohl will make the right decision.

CaBisonFan
12-20-2008, 06:49 AM
Bohl believes the most importand player on the field is the QB and after this season i have to think he is gonna find the right guy. The coaching staff wont repeat the mistakes they made this season. Whether Nick is the right guy or not, i think Bohl will make the right decision.

I agree wholeheartedly. He will solve the puzzle of 2008. Regardless of the 2008 lackluster year...he's one of the best in the FCS.

The difference in all of the teams, including the Bison, is subtle. One or two players in the right position can turn a team on a dime.

We wouldn't have won the title if we'd made the playoffs, but would have played pretty well with most of these teams...even in a down year. We certainly wouldn't have been blown out. Most of our players were just as athletic. Richmond 'did' have quickness & speed at several positions though. That countered the toughness & size of Montana. I think that it surprised Montana to a certain degree. They seemed a little shell-shocked early on.

This isn't kool-aid. It's an observation...and an opinion. I saw 'no' dominant team in the past few weeks.

Richmond was very, very 'good.' Congrats to the Spiders. They earned it.

tjbison
12-20-2008, 08:21 AM
UNI was better than Montana IMO!!! Richmond controlled the game from the start!!

BisoninNWMN
12-20-2008, 12:36 PM
UNI was better than Montana IMO!!! Richmond controlled the game from the start!!

I disagree.....I thought the Grizz were better than UNI. Teams match-up differently. Turnovers kill drives and teams...Bison should know about that, this year!! Good game....TOs killed the Grizz....Spider's defense looked good....quick to the ball.

tjbison
12-20-2008, 02:15 PM
I disagree.....I thought the Grizz were better than UNI. Teams match-up differently. Turnovers kill drives and teams...Bison should know about that, this year!! Good game....TOs killed the Grizz....Spider's defense looked good....quick to the ball.

I thought UNI's Offense was more productive, Griz never were able to get anything to work! but of course different day different game!

I was hoping for a nail-biter not a blowout though:(

4mcruenomore
12-21-2008, 01:37 AM
Montana can't stop the run, Big D would have run all over them. OUR D stopping Richmond on the other hand, uuuhhhhh.

WYOBISONMAN
12-21-2008, 04:06 AM
We are far short of Montana or Richmond this year. But, if anyone can fix this mess, it will be Bohl. He did it when he came here, and he can do it again.

CaBisonFan
12-21-2008, 04:12 AM
We are far short of Montana or Richmond this year. But, if anyone can fix this mess, it will be Bohl. He did it when he came here, and he can do it again.

Were.................

rutlandbison
12-21-2008, 04:17 AM
Were.................
Are......................

CaBisonFan
12-21-2008, 04:20 AM
Are......................

Were...................in 2008. Do we really need to meet at the Cayuga bar? :cheers:

Oh....I suppose I'd come to the home of the big hamburger if you insist.

rutlandbison
12-21-2008, 04:32 AM
Were...................in 2008. Do we really need to meet at the Cayuga bar? :cheers:

Oh....I suppose I'd come to the home of the big hamburger if you insist.
Haha yeah that would be good. I was just havin fun with ya. I agree with you 100%. I think Bohl will tweek a few things and boom, we are there.

CaBisonFan
12-21-2008, 04:43 AM
Haha yeah that would be good. I was just havin fun with ya. I agree with you 100%. I think Bohl will tweek a few things and boom, we are there.

Next time we come up to Cayuga I'm going to PM you about having a beer in Cayuga. Imagine...two rabid Bison fans in the Cayuga bar.

rutlandbison
12-21-2008, 05:12 AM
Next time we come up to Cayuga I'm going to PM you about having a beer in Cayuga. Imagine...two rabid Bison fans in the Cayuga bar.
We would be about the only ones in there. But its a good town.