LB - Kuntz
CB - Gatlin
CB - Bowman
FS - Thomas, III
SS - Lemon

K - Obarski, Ja
P - Obarski, Jo
PR - Washington

I like your predictions but didn't Manowske leave the team? Boyer over Danilkowicz. PR combo of Gatlin/Washington. Belmont over Lemon but Lemon over Thomas, III. Lemon has too much game experience for Thomas III to beat out yet. Maybe towards the middle of the season...

bisonhusker
12-19-2008, 08:43 PM
Did Jordan Osborne redshirt last year? Safety out of Texas? Is Bobby Miller the one who left the team? I am confused. Both were very big signings in our secondary last year. Thanks.

roadwarrior
12-19-2008, 08:49 PM
Roster: sorted on position

http://www.gobison.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=11845&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&SORT_ORDER=6&Q_SEASON=2008&PRINTABLE_PAGE=

NDSUstudent
12-19-2008, 09:41 PM
Mine is similar to Aces but a bit different

QB - Mertens
RB - Paschall
FB - Vandal
Flex - McNorton
WR - Schultenover
TE - Brown
OT - Buckman
OT - Ebel
G - Foster
G - Arndt
C - Lund

DE - Boyer
DE - Johnson
DT - Gratzek
DT - Fairbairn
LB - Evans/Kuntz
LB - Henry/Evans
LB - Anderson
CB - Gatlin
CB - Bowman
FS - Belmont
SS - Lemon

K - Bibeau
P - Pelvritz
PR - Washington
KR-Washington
KR-Gatlin/Horner

rutlandbison
12-19-2008, 09:48 PM
Manowski isn't on the team any more. Jordan Osborne is the safety from Texas who redshirted. Bobby Miller never showed up. Here is my lineup

Offense
QB- Mertens
RB- Paschall
FB- Vandal
WR- Halloway
WR- Shultenover
TE- Veldman
OT-Buckman
OT-Arndt/Wellenstein
OG-Richard
OG-Foster
C- Lund

Defense
DE- Johnson
DE- Boyer
DT- Gratzek
DT- Danny Offerman (from the sound of that article, he seems pretty big and physical.
OLB- Evans
MLB- Henry
OLB- Anderson
CB- Bowman
CB- Gatlin (NDSCS Commit)
FS- Eaves
SS- Belmont

Special Teams
K/P- The Obarski brothers. I think if Bibeau stays the same and shows no improvement Bohl will have no choice but to make a change.
Return- Shamen of course

I put a few dark hoarses out there. I think that Bohl will hold a "open competition", if thats what you wanna call it, for QB, but it will end up being Mertens. Alot of young talent out there to help us move up. DL looks big and awsome. OL is HUGE. I may not be right, but i think it's close. I think that all the players listed above will get into the mix

Kicker- Like i said if Bibeau doesn't improve, i say a switch has to be made. From what I here through the grapevine, Bibeau isn't dedicated enough (not from players just hearing things), he parties alot, i've even seen him at a few i have been at. Never showed up for the class i had with him.

QB- Mertens needs to step up his game. I think the coaches will open up the play book a little more with him and let him use his athleticism to make plays. We needed that last year but never got it. With that i think Mertens will get more comfortable out there and make plays.

tjbison
12-19-2008, 09:51 PM
anybody think Blincoe will be higher in the RB rotation?

ndsubison1
12-19-2008, 10:39 PM
I think Richard will start at OG

NDSU1980
12-20-2008, 01:14 AM
I'll give it a shot:

QB - Mertens
RB - Paschall
FB - Vandal
Flex - McNorton
WR - Schultenover
TE - Brown
OT - Buckman
OT - Ebel
G - Foster
G - Arndt
C - Manowske

DE - Danilkowicz
DE - Johnson
DT - Gratzek
DT - Fairbairn
LB - Evans
LB - Henry
LB - Kuntz
CB - Gatlin
CB - Bowman
FS - Thomas, III
SS - Lemon

K - Obarski, Ja
P - Obarski, Jo
PR - Washington

I agree with all except Mertens at QB. No way in HELL that Mertens is ever anything more then third string. I'm reserving my pick on QB until I see what else we get in, but for now, the unknown is better the Mertens.

SiouxHockeyBisonFo
12-20-2008, 02:19 AM
QB - Mertens
RB - Paschall
FB - Vandal
Flex - McNorton (WR- Holloway & Williams) Watch for Felton or Schuring to turn into the next Belquist.
WR - Schultenover
TE - Brown (Smith & Veldman will split the plays. Brown on short yardage.)
OT - Buckman
OT - Ebel
G - Foster
G - Arndt
C - Manowske (Richard- Are there any Centers on the team?)

DE - Danilkowicz (Boyer) Looked very good this year
DE - Johnson
DT - Gratzek
DT - Fairbairn
LB - Evans (Anderson)
LB - Henry
LB - Kuntz (Kittelson)
CB - Gatlin (Courtney Mitchell) Has everybody forgotten the Ga. Southern game.
CB - Bowman
FS - Thomas, III (Any chance that Lemon get moved)
SS - Lemon (Belmont- will win his spot back.)

K - Obarski, Ja (Bibeau- No Chance that he gets benched his SR. Year)
P - Obarski, Jo (Prelvitz- Did a nice job, he will keep his job) Watch for Obarski to switch to K.
PR - Washington

rutlandbison
12-20-2008, 02:23 AM
Seriously people, Manowske left the team. Everybody is putting him at center.
He dont play football here anymore.

AEBison1998
12-20-2008, 02:44 AM
Mine is similar to Aces but a bit different

QB - Mertens
RB - Paschall
FB - Vandal
WR - Holloway
WR - Schultenover
TE - Veldman
OT - Buckman
OT - Arndt
G - Foster
G - Richard
C - Lund

DE - Boyer
DE - Johnson
DT - Gratzek
DT - Fairbairn
LB - Kittelson
LB - Henry
LB - Anderson
CB - Gatlin
CB - Bowman
FS - Eaves
SS - Belmont

K - Obarski
P - Prelvitz
PR - Washington
KR-Washington
KR-Gatlin/Williams

Here is my thoughts...

CaBisonFan
12-20-2008, 03:20 AM
Here is my thoughts...

Not arguing with any of the above.

A prediction: We land one of the top QB recruits, or an FBS transfer, and we have a different starter within a few games.

But I still go with changing the offense to a shotgun (with spread elements) and some option. Nick must have this if he has a chance to succeed. I hope that he does...and that he proves his critics (including me) wrong.

steelbison
12-20-2008, 03:46 AM
in my humble opinion and I broke down every game this year. Tyler Henry has no place on the football field. He does not attach the line of scrimage and lets O-lineman get their hands on him almost every snap.

He was a major reason why our Run D was average.

Now Preston Evans was very impressive when he played. Attacked the line of scrimmage and avoided lineman and make plays. If you break down the UNI game you will see a player who has a LOT of potential to be a great LB at SU.

OldBison
12-20-2008, 03:56 AM
I am, well, in awe, as in shock and there of with some of your collective picks as starters.

Danilkowicz instead of Boyer? Danilkowicz never saw the field, where did this come from?

Thomas III instead of Eaves? Eaves filled in for Schommer, come on.

Offerman is going to replace a three year starter in Fairbairn? You do watch Bison football games, right?

Manowske instead of Lund is simply someone who is not in touch with anything happening with this football team and should not be allowed to pro-create.

Lemon, in all his ineptitude will replace Belmont? Possible, but only if Belmont cannot recover from his knee injury. Nothing in Lemon's performance suggested anything other than a backup role.

Anderson not at OLB? Most of you had him starting for the Vikings after his freshman year and now he is being replaced by a SS transfer from lowly WY who is being switched to OLB or a second year Soph who got injured the first game he played? Oh yeah, that makes sense, that makes sense.

The economy is bad, stop buying dope and buy food. Just a suggestion.

rutlandbison
12-20-2008, 04:02 AM
I am, well, in awe, as in shock and there of with some of your collective picks as starters.

Danilkowicz instead of Boyer? Danilkowicz never saw the field, where did this come from?

Offerman is going to replace a three year starter in Fairbairn? You do watch Bison football games, right?

Manowske instead of Lund is simply someone who is not in touch with anything happening with this football team and should not be allowed to pro-create.

Lemon, in all his ineptitude will replace Belmont? Possible, but only if Belmont cannot recover from his knee injury. Nothing in Lemon's performance suggested anything other than a backup role.

Anderson not at OLB? Most of you had him starting for the Vikings after his freshman year and now he is being replaced by a SS transfer from lowly WY who is being switched to OLB or a second year Soph who got injured the first game he played? Oh yeah, that makes sense, that makes sense.

3 year starter in Fairbair??? I didnt know he started for 3 years. I thought this was his first year of real steady action. He started over Frick??

OldBison
12-20-2008, 04:07 AM
3 year starter in Fairbair??? I didnt know he started for 3 years. I thought this was his first year of real steady action. He started over Frick??

Frick, was a DT, replaced by Gratzek. Fairbairn, is a nosepeg and started as a Fr alongside Frick during his Sr year. Yes, Fairbairn is destined to be a three year starter, and I really don't think Offerman has any chance to go past him or Tafautee, none...

Although not required, it is fairly important to know where players actually play if one is going to predict the starters. It also helps to know who has played and who has not, such as in Danilkowicz. Boyer made a big splash, Danilkowicz has yet to see the field. It is really not all that hard, really. Not trying to be cruel, just blatantly truthful.

CaBisonFan
12-20-2008, 04:14 AM
Frick, was a DT, replaced by Gratzek. Fairbairn, is a nosepeg and started as a Fr alongside Frick during his Sr year. Yes, Fairbairn is destined to be a three year starter, and I really don't think Offerman has any chance to go past him or Tafautee, none...

Although not required, it is fairly important to know where players actually play if one is going to predict the starters. It also helps to know who has played and who has not, such as in Danilkowicz. Boyer made a big splash, Danilkowicz has yet to see the field. It is really not all that hard, really. Not trying to be cruel, just blatantly truthful.

Blatant would be accurate. These are called opinions...in good fun. You could harsh it down just a little. :nod:

I agree about Boyer, Anderson, & Fairbairn.

My darkhorse pick is Sczepanski from Stephen-Argyle.

rutlandbison
12-20-2008, 04:58 AM

wuw wuw wuw big fella hold your horses. This is your opinion, I agree with Danilkowicz, I dont know how he got brought into the discussion but I RESPECT the other persons opinion and who knows, maybe he will get in the mix. Make that a destined to be a 4 year starter. I don't really notice Fairbairn when i watch the games. You would think a guy weighing in at close to 300 lbs could do a little more. Gratzek on the other hand, coming in at a nimble 280, dominates the line of scrimmage. I think Offerman will come in and show what he can do. Bohl said he looks like a physiclly imposing guy and that he is in hopes that we are looking like the Northern Iowa front. Take it the way you will, but i think bohl is counting on Offerman to make that line a little bit better. And if you such a genious at this lineup thing why arent you the coach. You come on here piss and moan about everybodys lineups, where is yours????? OldBison, Just a bit too old methinks.

P.S. Went to every home game this year. Going to Iowa State in 09. Was at Minnesota Both years. Only 19 years old so cant pay for every away game. attended every home game the past 2 years, go to NDSU. I guess i have watched a couple games. You can say, "o i've been to more games than dicky V has called basketball games" bla bla bla who cares, the point is I go. Front row, screem my ass off for the team, and watch games.

BisoninNWMN
12-20-2008, 12:44 PM
wuw wuw wuw big fella hold your horses. This is your opinion, I agree with Danilkowicz, I dont know how he got brought into the discussion but I RESPECT the other persons opinion and who knows, maybe he will get in the mix. Make that a destined to be a 4 year starter. I don't really notice Fairbairn when i watch the games. You would think a guy weighing in at close to 300 lbs could do a little more. Gratzek on the other hand, coming in at a nimble 280, dominates the line of scrimmage. I think Offerman will come in and show what he can do. Bohl said he looks like a physiclly imposing guy and that he is in hopes that we are looking like the Northern Iowa front. Take it the way you will, but i think bohl is counting on Offerman to make that line a little bit better. And if you such a genious at this lineup thing why arent you the coach. You come on here piss and moan about everybodys lineups, where is yours????? OldBison, Just a bit too old methinks.

P.S. Went to every home game this year. Going to Iowa State in 09. Was at Minnesota Both years. Only 19 years old so cant pay for every away game. attended every home game the past 2 years, go to NDSU. I guess i have watched a couple games. You can say, "o i've been to more games than dicky V has called basketball games" bla bla bla who cares, the point is I go. Front row, screem my ass off for the team, and watch games.

After watching all these Bison games you should have noticed that Fairbairn gets doubled teamed a lot....most NGs or one DT get doubled teamed to open up a hole in the middle. Fairbairn is good that is why Gratzek was free......IMO, next year Gratzek will see more double teams.

IMO, Voigtlander is going to give PP are run for the #1 RB

rutlandbison
12-20-2008, 02:21 PM
After watching all these Bison games you should have noticed that Fairbairn gets doubled teamed a lot....most NGs or one DT get doubled teamed to open up a hole in the middle. Fairbairn is good that is why Gratzek was free......IMO, next year Gratzek will see more double teams.

IMO, Voigtlander is going to give PP are run for the #1 RB
So if Fairbair is getting all theses double teams, then Gratzek should be just a beast. Our DE's should be getting at the QB alot aswell. Your also telling me that Fairbairn is drawing interest from other defenses like pat and kevin williams. If Fairbairn is so dominant why arent we talking about him like we talk about Gratzek?
Where is Fairbairn?http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=3sIR60Ho608&feature=related
He's hardly in any of the defensive clips. the only time i saw him was one towards the beginning and he got pushed around.

BisoninNWMN
12-20-2008, 11:49 PM
Your youtube example is from one game last year at SDSU.

There are probably many examples of every defensive player getting burned or beaten on specific plays. He has been starting since he was a freshman and gets doubled a lot. I never compared him to the Williams's boys.....point is the D-Line should be a good one next year.

rutlandbison
12-21-2008, 12:02 AM
Your youtube example is from one game last year at SDSU.

There are probably many examples of every defensive player getting burned or beaten on specific plays. He has been starting since he was a freshman and gets doubled a lot. I never compared him to the Williams's boys.....point is the D-Line should be a good one next year.

The point i was making is as of last year he was being pushed around by 1 guy. You made it seem like teams he demanded the double teams. The point I was making was, Bohl said after visiting Offerman that the D-Line is looking like Northern Iowa's. The way i took it was Bohl wants Offerman to be part of that D-Line when he gets here.

X-Factor
12-21-2008, 12:58 AM
The point i was making is as of last year he was being pushed around by 1 guy. You made it seem like teams he demanded the double teams. The point I was making was, Bohl said after visiting Offerman that the D-Line is looking like Northern Iowa's. The way i took it was Bohl wants Offerman to be part of that D-Line when he gets here.

It's just a quote from a coach. Bohl wouldn't ever falsify information but really what is he supposed to say? That offerman probably won't cut it and he will be lucky to crack the 2 deep by his senior year? Of course he is going to praise his recruits!

Next year's D-line should be quite a treat to watch. Plus we should see some solid 2 to 3 man deep depth on the inside tackles for once. The entire defense should dominate actually. Probably at least as good as anything I saw in the playoffs this year. If we can keep those INT's under control I think we have a winner

yippie
12-21-2008, 05:59 AM
My opinion:
QB - Mertens
RB - Paschall
FB - Vandal
WR - McNorton/Holloway
WR - Schultenover
TE - Veldman Brown on short yardage
OT - Buckman
OT - Arndt
G - Foster
G - Ebel
C - Richard

DE - Boyer
DE - Johnson
DT - Gratzek
DT - Fairbairn
LB - Evans/Kittelson
LB - Henry/Evans
LB - Anderson
CB - Gatlin
CB - Bowman
FS - Lemon
SS - Belmont
K - Obarski, John
P - Prelvitz
PR - Washington

Scooter1
12-21-2008, 09:51 AM
I thought that Danilkowicz was an interior lineman. I don't think that he has come back all the way from his knee injury a couple of years ago. When you are in the 270 range it takes a little longer than if you were in the 190-200 range. I see Danilkowicz doing some good things in a back up role this next year. Starter....No, but he should see some playing time. He needs to put some of that weight back on and get up to about 285. Don't give up on this kid yet.

SiouxHockeyBisonFo
12-21-2008, 03:34 PM
My opinion:
QB - Mertens
RB - Paschall
FB - Vandal
WR - McNorton/Holloway
WR - Schultenover
TE - Veldman Brown on short yardage
OT - Buckman
OT - Arndt
G - Foster
G - Ebel
C - Richard

DE - Boyer
DE - Johnson
DT - Gratzek
DT - Fairbairn
LB - Evans/Kittelson
LB - Henry/Evans
LB - Anderson
CB - Gatlin
CB - Bowman
FS - Lemon
SS - Belmont
K - Obarski, John
P - Prelvitz
PR - Washington

Looks identical to my post except for Gatlin. Watch out for Courtney Mitchel next year.

OldBison
12-21-2008, 03:44 PM
Looks identical to my post except for Gatlin. Watch out for Courtney Mitchel next year.

Another difference is that you also had Ebel at OT, where he belongs, and not at OG. I doubt they will move him his Sr year. More likely that Richard will stay at OG and be a force with Lund at center. I think Lund has the potential to be another four year starter at center and have a great career there. NDSU has a long history of strong leadership and great players in the middle of the OL and from all indications Lund has that type of ability.

Mr. Burgundy
12-21-2008, 03:56 PM
I am with OldBison, I am very excited about Lund. He was a huge "get" in last year's class. He is very mobile and athletic. The Gophers really wanted him, and eventually only offered a preferred walk on. After a year as a redshirt, in the weight room....he will be ready to contribute. Anyone know anything about Landingham? How he has looked? HUGE kid. 2 star out of Michigan last year.

aces1180
12-21-2008, 04:19 PM

You know, you don't have to be a jerk about things...You disagree with me, that's fine. But telling me I shouldn't be allowed to procreate? Stay classy...Your true colors really show.

msvjcpa
12-21-2008, 05:15 PM
No one has said anything about Eddie Beson. The kid is a beast! He will give Evans a run for his money as a starter. He is incredibly strong and can hit like a frickin truck. It will be a good battle between the two.

rutlandbison
12-21-2008, 05:21 PM
No one has said anything about Eddie Beson. The kid is a beast! He will give Evans a run for his money as a starter. He is incredibly strong and can hit like a frickin truck. It will be a good battle between the two.
I thought about him when i made my lineup. I think the thing that scared me away was his knee injury and how he will come back from it. But i totally agree with on Beson being a stud.

AEBison1998
12-21-2008, 07:33 PM
I think Beson and Evans won't be competition for each other. I see Evans going back to OLB and Beson staying in the middle. They may both challenge the starters in those positions next year. Good stuff.

steelbison
12-22-2008, 07:18 PM
I think Beson and Evans won't be competition for each other. I see Evans going back to OLB and Beson staying in the middle. They may both challenge the starters in those positions next year. Good stuff.

I agree, both are very promising players. Just as long as T.Henry doesn't play..that guy has no business being on a football field..At least as Middle linebacker.

Bison Dan
12-22-2008, 07:26 PM
I agree, both are very promising players. Just as long as T.Henry doesn't play..that guy has no business being on a football field..At least as Middle linebacker.

I think I'll trust our coaches to figure out who will play at MLB.

X-Factor
12-22-2008, 10:04 PM
2 / 3 deep

QB - yet to be named - Mertens
RB - Paschall - Voit - DJ - Blincoe - Horner (in that order)
FB - Vandal - Hushka
WR - Holloway - JUCO/true frosh/Washington
WR - Schultenover - Williams
TE - Brown - Veldman - Hines - Smith
OT - Buckman - Wellenstein
OT - Ebel - Cornick
G - Foster - Arnt
G - Richard - McGreggor
C - Lund - Richard

DE - Boyer - Juckem (or whoever puts in enough time in the weight/dinning room this winter)
DE - Johnson - Reid
DT - Gratzek - Danilkowics - Rossi
DT - Fairbairn - Yuen - Phillips
LB - Evans - Kittelson - Senger
LB - Beson - Bussey - Henry
LB - Anderson - Kutz - Sczepanski
CB - Gatlin - Colvin - Banks
CB - Bowman - Mitchel
FS - Eaves - Thomas III - Osborne
SS - Belmont - Lemon
K - Obarski, John for field goals - Bibeau for kickoffs
P - Prelvitz
PR - Washington
KR - DJ

There is some ridiculous talent on defense this coming year. Could maybe use a JUCO DE like Crittenton. Easily NC caliber defense.

AEBison1998
12-22-2008, 10:45 PM
I like the look of our O-line next year as well. If Lund is a good center as a RFr, we have a very good starting 5. I like our backs and our TE's. The offense will rise and fall on the QB and WR. Will they measure up to the rest?

(and injuries as we saw last year on the OL.)

Mr. Burgundy
12-23-2008, 02:46 AM
The talent we have coming back at RB, TE and the entire D is silly good. You forget about some of these kids that redshirted. It is amazing.

SiouxHockeyBisonFo
12-23-2008, 05:28 PM
2 / 3 deep

QB - yet to be named - Mertens
RB - Paschall - Voit - DJ - Blincoe - Horner (in that order)
FB - Vandal - Hushka
WR - Holloway - JUCO/true frosh/Washington
WR - Schultenover - Williams
TE - Brown - Veldman - Hines - Smith
OT - Buckman - Wellenstein
OT - Ebel - Cornick
G - Foster - Arnt
G - Richard - McGreggor
C - Lund - Richard

DE - Boyer - Juckem (or whoever puts in enough time in the weight/dinning room this winter)
DE - Johnson - Reid
DT - Gratzek - Danilkowics - Rossi
DT - Fairbairn - Yuen - Phillips
LB - Evans - Kittelson - Senger
LB - Beson - Bussey - Henry
LB - Anderson - Kutz - Sczepanski
CB - Gatlin - Colvin - Banks
CB - Bowman - Mitchel
FS - Eaves - Thomas III - Osborne
SS - Belmont - Lemon
K - Obarski, John for field goals - Bibeau for kickoffs
P - Prelvitz
PR - Washington
KR - DJ

There is some ridiculous talent on defense this coming year. Could maybe use a JUCO DE like Crittenton. Easily NC caliber defense.

You have completly lost it if you think Henry is going to drop to third string as a senior. The only way that he doesnt start would be injury problems similar to this year. If Beson recovers from his season ending knee injury, he might take a few snaps from Henry.

17>1
12-23-2008, 06:11 PM
Anyone think Jackson might get a few shots at KR ? I'm sure DJ and Shamen will get the start, with Horner as a backup. Does he have the tools to be a KR even ?

17>1
12-23-2008, 06:17 PM
You have completly lost it if you think Henry is going to drop to third string as a senior. The only way that he doesnt start would be injury problems similar to this year. If Beson recovers from his season ending knee injury, he might take a few snaps from Henry.

Yeah I see it on the 3 deep as Henry, Beson and then Bussey. It'll be nice to see what some spring ball and a full fall camp will do to help Bussey improve. Wasn't overly impressed with him last year but understandabley so. Would really like to see Henry stay healthy and be a leader on that D.

steelbison
12-23-2008, 10:49 PM

I'll tell you what. I trust this coaching staff and unless there was some injury we weren't aware of this kid can not play the middle. He doesn't attack the line of scrimmage, the stands straight up, and he let's the o-lineman attack him...If he does make a tackle it is 5-10 yards past the line of scrimmage.

Watch the tape..you will see why we had issues at times this year. Mostly it came from the middle LB.....

Mr. Burgundy
12-24-2008, 01:04 AM
Anyone think Jackson might get a few shots at KR ? I'm sure DJ and Shamen will get the start, with Horner as a backup. Does he have the tools to be a KR even ?

If you had a chance to see his highlight tape at signing day, it looked as if they had him in fast forward. Best highlight film of all the kid we signed. He turned down a track offer at Ohio State. This kid can FLY. He only played football as a Senior as he was concentrating on track. Coach got him to play, he loved it. ATHLETE.

X-Factor
12-26-2008, 01:03 AM

We have a lot of good linebackers, Henry included. Quite a few that have the potential to improve significantly between now and next fall. Henry's starting spot is very much in question. This is quite obvious to anyone who payed much attention to the individual linebacker play this past fall. Just because he is a senior does not mean he has a god given right to the starting middle LB slot.

msvjcpa
12-26-2008, 04:08 AM
We have a lot of good linebackers, Henry included. Quite a few that have the potential to improve significantly between now and next fall. Henry's starting spot is very much in question. This is quite obvious to anyone who payed much attention to the individual linebacker play this past fall. Just because he is a senior does not mean he has a god given right to the starting middle LB slot.

Especially after a 6-5 season...

SiouxHockeyBisonFo
12-26-2008, 02:57 PM

I agree that there are alot of great LB's on the team right now, however Anderson, Evans and Kittelson are the only three other than Henry that have shown anything in game situations. Lucky for Henry they are all OLB. Beson has been hurt and Bussey didnt show much last year. I think it is safe to say that Henry's spot is the only one that is guaranteed for next year.

msvjcpa
12-26-2008, 03:18 PM
I agree that there are alot of great LB's on the team right now, however Anderson, Evans and Kittelson are the only three other than Henry that have shown anything in game situations. Lucky for Henry they are all OLB. Beson has been hurt and Bussey didnt show much last year. I think it is safe to say that Henry's spot is the only one that is guaranteed for next year.

I disagree. I think that if Henry gets outplayed during spring and fall ball by beson, henry will lose his starting spot. Beson has had a whole year off to rehab his knee and he will be good to go.

SiouxHockeyBisonFo
12-26-2008, 03:24 PM
I disagree. I think that if Henry gets outplayed during spring and fall ball by beson, henry will lose his starting spot. Beson has had a whole year off to rehab his knee and he will be good to go.

Fair Enough. If Beson is as good as advertised and I hope he is, they should have a great competition and the Bison will have to very good MLB.
We have yet to see Beson on the field and all we can do is speculate on his ability at this point.
I would be very suprised to see him take Henry's spot.

OldBison
12-26-2008, 08:28 PM
Beson is going to have to get significanlty bigger to challenge for the MLB spot. Going into last spring he was 6'2" 213, Henry was same height and 17 lbs heavier. I don't think a MLB that size can compete in the MVFC. I doubt he will have gained much weight/muscle while in rehab.

AEBison1998
12-27-2008, 02:55 AM
I agree that we did not have good MLB play this past year. But consider this:

Henry: Played hurt almost the whole year. Multiple injuries
Anderson: Was OLB until after spring ball last year
Bussey: Joined the team for fall camp and played hurt most of the year
Evans: Was an OLB until all of the injuries and was a true freshman

I'm not saying we do or don't have a lack of talent at the position. (I really don't know.) But I know we had some things working against us last year where...we should have a BETTER performance with the SAME people next year.

Bison101
01-03-2009, 11:06 PM
Shamen at WR- it's technicaly what he came here to do.

99Bison
01-05-2009, 12:36 AM
I agree that we did not have good MLB play this past year. But consider this:

Henry: Played hurt almost the whole year. Multiple injuries
Anderson: Was OLB until after spring ball last year
Bussey: Joined the team for fall camp and played hurt most of the year
Evans: Was an OLB until all of the injuries and was a true freshman

I'm not saying we do or don't have a lack of talent at the position. (I really don't know.) But I know we had some things working against us last year where...we should have a BETTER performance with the SAME people next year.

Evans true freshman stint for 1.5 games was impressive. Other than that the mlb performance was pretty poor last year.

Mr. Burgundy
01-06-2009, 02:16 AM
Considering Preston wasn't even a MLB until he was forced into that action...and as a true freshman....it was very impressive. It was fun watching him hit. I wonder what position he will be at come spring ball.

DjKyRo
01-06-2009, 02:21 AM
One thing I'm wondering is if Bohl might reconsider Zach Wentz as a possible candidate for the QB spot in the next few seasons; he and I both graduated from CHS in Bismarck last year and he really turned our team around in the single season he had as starting QB, going from about 10th to 3rd in the state standings in a single year. From what I've heard Bohl told him if he played football for NDSU, he wouldn't be playing quarterback at all and probably would be on the team as a defensive end, but I wonder if maybe witht he team's record this season he might reconsider that in a year or two?

BadlandsBison
01-06-2009, 03:52 AM
One thing I'm wondering is if Bohl might reconsider Zach Wentz as a possible candidate for the QB spot in the next few seasons; he and I both graduated from CHS in Bismarck last year and he really turned our team around in the single season he had as starting QB, going from about 10th to 3rd in the state standings in a single year. From what I've heard Bohl told him if he played football for NDSU, he wouldn't be playing quarterback at all and probably would be on the team as a defensive end, but I wonder if maybe witht he team's record this season he might reconsider that in a year or two?

Bohl recruited Jose Mohler out of the '08 class and it sounds like he brings some good things to the table. Some younger players on this year's pracitce team said Mohler really throws bullets. Im excited to see him in action in spring ball

BisonFB
01-06-2009, 02:03 PM

Ask SDSU's quarterback what kind of linebacker Tyler Henry is.

Every single one of those linebackers has great talent & the best linebacker coach in the business...not so sure about the defensive package they're running...but for being a band-aid defense they're doing great.

Also, we're not going to get any more Joe Mays' or R.Humber's here. We were lucky with them & to have a coach that was able to develop their talent.

Flintstone
01-06-2009, 02:41 PM
Ask SDSU's quarterback what kind of linebacker Tyler Henry is.

Every single one of those linebackers has great talent & the best linebacker coach in the business...not so sure about the defensive package they're running...but for being a band-aid defense they're doing great.

Also, we're not going to get any more Joe Mays' or R.Humber's here. We were lucky with them & to have a coach that was able to develop their talent.

The linebackers coach is still here.